• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:02
CEST 08:02
KST 15:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6975 users

[Interview] FXO vs ST 2013 GSTL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-27 13:04:23
May 24 2013 15:53 GMT
#1
[image loading]


WCS Interviews for this Week:

    (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 1 Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 2 Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Placement Matches Winners' Interview
  • 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Challenger League Round 3 Day 2 Winners' Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 1 FXO vs ST Winner Interview
  • 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 2 NSH vs MVP Winner's Interview
  • 2013 WCS Europe Season 1 Premier League Grand Finals Winner Interview



(P)StarTale_Avenge

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You achieved the victory for your team today. How do you feel?

This was unexpected. I feel so good that I secured 3 kills (laughs).

The opponent team was FXO. How did you prepare for them even though they weren't an easy team?

There wasn't really anything special I had prepared. But I did have a specific strategy ready for Leenock on Akilon Wastes. The game progressed a lot differently than I had anticipated it to so I did get flustered but I think things went well in the end.

As soon as you guys grabbed game one, FXO sent out Leenock. Were you originally scheduled to get sent out?

From the very start, I was the sniper for Leenock.

You took down Leenock, GuMiho, and sC. You pretty much took out all of FXO's main players.

It was really unexpected. I predicted that we would win but I had no idea that I would be the player to finish it off like that (laughs).

In the final game, you got supply blocked before you could initiate your attack.

I was really nervous. Things didn't go as well as they did during practice. It was a little disappointing (laughs).

With your 3 kills today, you are tied for 1st place for Protoss with First as well as 1st place for kills overall. Why do you think you are so consistent right now for the GSTL?

As soon as the season started, my goal was to help the team grab the championship. Also right now, my goal is to grab the most wins for Protoss. I want to make a lot of good results by keeping this current momentum. From a long time ago, I've always been able to show off various kinds of build orders because I played so many games on ladder. So I already had a lot of all in build orders that I could pull off, and then I learned how to play macro games after I joined StarTale. And I think that's why I've been able to put up such good results.

With today's victory, StarTale improves to a score of 3-2 and is now ranked third.

A lot of players are doing exceptionally well during practice. There is a lot more to come from us.

Anything else you would like to say?

A lot of people said that StarTale had no more Protosses left after Squirtle hyung left. When I heard that, I started practicing vigorously. I hope a lot of people will lie in anticipation for my performances from here on out. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Red Bull, ZOWIE GEAR, and JOYGEAR.



Methods to locating SC2 interviews!

  • Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
  • Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
  • Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: [image loading] If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
sitromit
Profile Joined June 2011
7051 Posts
May 24 2013 16:04 GMT
#2
Avenge has a decent chance of making it into Code S this season I think.
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
May 24 2013 16:12 GMT
#3
He really is improving at a tremendous rate!
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
GTPGlitch
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
5061 Posts
May 24 2013 16:25 GMT
#4
Avengeee ^_^
Jo Byung Se #1 fan | CJ_Rush(reborn) fan | Liquid'Jinro(ret) fan | Liquid'Taeja fan | oGsTheSuperNada fan | Iris[gm](ret) fan |
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
May 24 2013 16:26 GMT
#5
Thanks Seeker!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Lovedoll
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan540 Posts
May 24 2013 18:03 GMT
#6
With Parting and Squirtle out of Startale, it's great to see Avenge rise up to fill the missing Protoss role. <3 Startale!
Spread your eggs until they crack!
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
May 24 2013 18:04 GMT
#7
Gj Avenge!!
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Bam Lee
Profile Joined June 2012
2336 Posts
May 24 2013 18:26 GMT
#8
On May 25 2013 01:12 GumBa wrote:
He really is improving at a tremendous rate!


pun intended?

I would have never expected him to get a 3-kill against fxo. I hope he can keep this momentum to crush his u&d group
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-24 18:42:57
May 24 2013 18:42 GMT
#9
Yeah. Avenge is going to be the next big thing, you heard it here first. if you remember, life was doing a lot of cheeky plays like during TSL4 before he took off, and after seeing Avenge's macro game vs flash, i'm sure he will boast great results in the future.
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
May 24 2013 18:45 GMT
#10
avenge fighting! StarTale is so awesome. Fuck, I love the team.
The Bomber boy
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 117
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1950
Shuttle 912
Dewaltoss 82
ggaemo 67
Yoon 57
Hm[arnc] 51
Noble 29
Bale 27
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 11
[ Show more ]
soO 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1152
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor698
Other Games
summit1g8233
C9.Mang0307
PiGStarcraft283
Mew2King136
ViBE46
ArmadaUGS30
trigger10
Happy0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 33
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2313
League of Legends
• Lourlo1099
• Rush945
• Stunt407
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 58m
OSC
15h 58m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.