• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:28
CEST 11:28
KST 18:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11376 users

RE: PhysicsLee and the Impulse eSports Scandal

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
iMpMarine
Profile Joined December 2011
United States18 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 19:48:40
April 18 2013 18:46 GMT
#1
[image loading]


I am Marine. I manage Impulse eSports. I wanted to make a statement in regards to what has been brought against our team and player PhysicsLee.

Former Reddit Post : PhysicsLee and the Impulse eSports Scandal


I just want to say to everyone that I would never knowingly allow a hacker to be a part of my team, and I hope that at least some people will believe that. I have managed this team for a very long time now. We came up from a clan called xDooMx back at SC2's start. I have always, in my own life and with this team, strived to do my best and what is right every day. I think that is all that anyone can do.

This being said I will also share a bit of a story because I feel it relates to this situation, and may shine a light on how I handle a situation such as this, and how I think we should all look at SC2 a bit more in these types of situations.

About 5 or so years ago I was involved in a bad situation. Someone felt that I was snitching on someone on trial, and began to spread rumors and accusations against me. None of it was true, but I watched as one by one almost everyone I knew began to accuse and shun me. I had a friend, however, who never turned on me, but also let me know if these things were true I should run. Anyways, the documents came out, and they proved that I had never said a damn thing. I will never forget how it felt to have at least one person believe me amidst a sea of accusers.

Because of this, I believe very strongly in “Innocent until proven guilty”. However, I do believe you should be cooperating in an investigation, and searching for the truth in the situation. I have done my best to co-operate with URTL and talk to others in the community. Before this ever grew to this magnitude I looked at some replays, talked to other people in the community, and even Lee’s previous team managers in an attempt to figure out what was going on. I never saw anything I felt was conclusive. I talked to my player, and he has sworn he is innocent. As a team manager I want to believe my player and stand by his side. “Innocent until proven guilty”

In light of all of the new things coming forward, and some people investigating Lee, I have decided to pull him from all competitions and leagues. I fully understand URTL’s decision as I stated before, and I hope that we can get to the truth. I would say to those who believe he is hacking or boosting: gather all your evidence and save it. Then, when you feel you truly have all you need to make a case, do it, outline it, and make something very solid and substantial.

Finally, if Lee is shown to be confirmed guilty, I will be the first one to apologize and go after him. I love this game, and hate hackers that ruin it. But, like I have said, he has sworn he is innocent, and I believe the right thing to do here is trust someone who has never given me reason not to. Maybe I will end up being wrong, but “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything”. This is just me trying to do my best in a very difficult situation.

iMpMarine

P.S. If anyone has experience with a situation like this I would welcome any good advice.
Tbomega
Profile Joined February 2011
United States13 Posts
April 18 2013 19:24 GMT
#2
Good post. Glad to hear that you are not going to jump the gun off a few pieces of evidence. Quite honorable that you also stand by your players until the time is right.
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
April 18 2013 19:27 GMT
#3
you seem nice. and thats nice.
best of luck to impulse.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
MikeyH
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States44 Posts
April 18 2013 19:27 GMT
#4
I don't have anything to add, but GL in this tough time. Stay positive and things will work out.
Tell your friends about The Weekly All In!
RemarK
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States452 Posts
April 18 2013 19:27 GMT
#5
What is URTL's decision, I saw it mentioned a few times in your post but never saw what it was?
I <3 StarCraft.
nkr
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden5451 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 19:29:00
April 18 2013 19:28 GMT
#6
that's good and all, but for people like me who have no idea what you are talking about, you should have explained the situation or linked to a previous thread :D

Innocent until proven guilty is what most people seem to forget when it comes to (supposed) hackers~
ESPORTS ILLUMINATI
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
April 18 2013 19:36 GMT
#7
I feel like the semi-pro scene has a lot of drama and a culture of its own O.o
Starshaped
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Sweden575 Posts
April 18 2013 19:42 GMT
#8
who and the what scandal?
My Starcraft 2, gaming and e-sports-related blog: http://starshapedthoughts.blogspot.com/
iMpMarine
Profile Joined December 2011
United States18 Posts
April 18 2013 19:42 GMT
#9
On April 19 2013 04:27 RemarK wrote:
What is URTL's decision, I saw it mentioned a few times in your post but never saw what it was?



First they cleared him. Now they said it is pending review, and he may not play till they come to a conclusion.
Azelja
Profile Joined May 2011
Japan762 Posts
April 18 2013 19:45 GMT
#10
Interesting, yet another post about some drama around some player on some team... without details or a rundown of what happened - other than that "somebody" hacked or something.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
April 18 2013 19:45 GMT
#11
Is there some thread/link containing context for this? I haven't heard anything about this until now.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
orangeorange
Profile Joined October 2012
134 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 19:50:03
April 18 2013 19:48 GMT
#12
Physics is a boosted account - he has a booster play both GM ladder games and clanwars for him. The booster uses a production tab hack but does not maphack, so the replays generally look fine (it's just that he always seems lucky in countering builds). Source: I know the guy who boosts his account and I've been following this situation for some time wondering when it would come to light.

Very, very easy way to prove this for yourself:

Tell physics to send you the replays from the games he played on stream yesterday (where he went 0-8), or any other games where you KNOW 100% that it's him. This would exclude clanwar reps where he all-killed, GM ladder games that are on replay sites like drop.sc, etc.

Compare the two batches of replays in SC2gears. They will be nothing alike.

The booster has good mechanics, but his apm is much lower (200-250 or so). The guy who you know as physics has different hotkeys and much higher apm (300-400+, because he spams a lot) but has much worse mechanics and is a significantly worse player overall.

There, that's it. You can even tell looking at Physics' match history on battlenet. Whenever he's on one of his insane ladder winstreaks, or playing a clanwar game, his apm will be in the 200's. Whenever it's him playing as himself, it will be in the 400's. The pattern will match up 100%.

If you want to discuss further, PM me.
coL.hendralisk
Profile Joined September 2009
Zimbabwe1756 Posts
April 18 2013 19:50 GMT
#13
On April 19 2013 04:48 orangeorange wrote:
Physics is a boosted account - he has a booster play both GM ladder games and clanwars for him. The booster uses a production tab hack but does not maphack, so the replays generally look fine (it's just that he always seems lucky in countering builds). Source: I know the guy who boosts his account and I've been following this situation for some time wondering when it would come to light.

Very, very easy way to prove this for yourself:

Tell physics to send you the replays from the games he played on stream yesterday (where he went 0-8), or any other games where you KNOW 100% that it's him. This would exclude clanwar reps where he all-killed, GM ladder games that are on replay sites like drop.sc, etc.

Compare the two batches of replays in SC2gears. They will be nothing alike.

The booster has good mechanics, but his apm is much lower (200-250 or so). The guy who you know as physics has different hotkeys and much higher apm (300-400+, because he spams a lot) but has much worse mechanics and is a significantly worse player overall.

There, that's it. You can even tell looking at Physics' match history on battlenet. Whenever he's on one of his insane ladder winstreaks, or playing a clanwar game, his apm will be in the 200's. Whenever it's him playing as himself, it will be in the 400's. The pattern will match up 100%.


Pretty much what I thought http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1ck1vo/physicslee_and_the_impulse_esports_scandal/c9hakk1?context=3
iMpMarine
Profile Joined December 2011
United States18 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 19:52:58
April 18 2013 19:52 GMT
#14
On April 19 2013 04:48 orangeorange wrote:
Physics is a boosted account - he has a booster play both GM ladder games and clanwars for him. The booster uses a production tab hack but does not maphack, so the replays generally look fine (it's just that he always seems lucky in countering builds). Source: I know the guy who boosts his account and I've been following this situation for some time wondering when it would come to light.

Very, very easy way to prove this for yourself:

Tell physics to send you the replays from the games he played on stream yesterday (where he went 0-8), or any other games where you KNOW 100% that it's him. This would exclude clanwar reps where he all-killed, GM ladder games that are on replay sites like drop.sc, etc.

Compare the two batches of replays in SC2gears. They will be nothing alike.

The booster has good mechanics, but his apm is much lower (200-250 or so). The guy who you know as physics has different hotkeys and much higher apm (300-400+, because he spams a lot) but has much worse mechanics and is a significantly worse player overall.

There, that's it. You can even tell looking at Physics' match history on battlenet. Whenever he's on one of his insane ladder winstreaks, or playing a clanwar game, his apm will be in the 200's. Whenever it's him playing as himself, it will be in the 400's. The pattern will match up 100%.

If you want to discuss further, PM me.


Hey orange I sent you a PM.
oOOoOphidian
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1402 Posts
April 18 2013 19:53 GMT
#15
I would suggest trying what orangeorange talks about. I also think physics isn't a maphack abuser at all, just a guy paying the wrong people to level his account. Haven't seen evidence that indicates he himself uses cheats.
Creator of sc2unmasked.com
TricksAre4Figs
Profile Joined May 2010
United States125 Posts
April 18 2013 20:50 GMT
#16
I want to remind everyone that this CHEAT player fake GM "PhysicsLee" is also asking for donations on his stream. This guy is a liar trying to scam people out of money by misleading them about who he is. This guy lost 0-8 while streaming 1v1 yet somehow prior to those 8 games was on a 22 game consecutive win streak in high GM!!!! LOLLLL this guy is a scamming lying piece of trash who deserves severe punishment from the community.
Liquid crystal display everyday.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 22:25:27
April 18 2013 22:25 GMT
#17
On April 19 2013 05:50 TricksAre4Figs wrote:
I want to remind everyone that this CHEAT player fake GM "PhysicsLee" is also asking for donations on his stream. This guy is a liar trying to scam people out of money by misleading them about who he is. This guy lost 0-8 while streaming 1v1 yet somehow prior to those 8 games was on a 22 game consecutive win streak in high GM!!!! LOLLLL this guy is a scamming lying piece of trash who deserves severe punishment from the community.


Why don't put everything on hold until we get some kawairice level of proof ? :p
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
April 18 2013 22:36 GMT
#18
Don't see the need for the thread when the vast majority of readers aren't going to be aware of the "scandal" in the first place.

Would have been more efficient to just apologize on Skype and Battlenet and PMs zzz.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
NrG.NeverExpo
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2114 Posts
April 18 2013 22:37 GMT
#19
On April 19 2013 04:48 orangeorange wrote:
Physics is a boosted account - he has a booster play both GM ladder games and clanwars for him. The booster uses a production tab hack but does not maphack, so the replays generally look fine (it's just that he always seems lucky in countering builds). Source: I know the guy who boosts his account and I've been following this situation for some time wondering when it would come to light.

Very, very easy way to prove this for yourself:

Tell physics to send you the replays from the games he played on stream yesterday (where he went 0-8), or any other games where you KNOW 100% that it's him. This would exclude clanwar reps where he all-killed, GM ladder games that are on replay sites like drop.sc, etc.

Compare the two batches of replays in SC2gears. They will be nothing alike.

The booster has good mechanics, but his apm is much lower (200-250 or so). The guy who you know as physics has different hotkeys and much higher apm (300-400+, because he spams a lot) but has much worse mechanics and is a significantly worse player overall.

There, that's it. You can even tell looking at Physics' match history on battlenet. Whenever he's on one of his insane ladder winstreaks, or playing a clanwar game, his apm will be in the 200's. Whenever it's him playing as himself, it will be in the 400's. The pattern will match up 100%.

If you want to discuss further, PM me.

Since you the know guy "boosting" you should get them to make an announcement about it, or out them yourself. Both of them are in the wrong here if it's true, imo.
TwitteR: @NeverExpo follow me, i'll follow back :)
iMpMarine
Profile Joined December 2011
United States18 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-18 22:38:19
April 18 2013 22:38 GMT
#20
On April 19 2013 07:36 Gamegene wrote:
Don't see the need for the thread when the vast majority of readers aren't going to be aware of the "scandal" in the first place.

Would have been more efficient to just apologize on Skype and Battlenet and PMs zzz.


This is not an apology as that would indicate some level of guilt. It is simply a statement in regards to a Reddit post which is linked at the top.
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech45
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 622
Hyuk 320
910 319
Soma 305
Horang2 230
BeSt 199
Light 198
Dewaltoss 79
EffOrt 67
Pusan 55
[ Show more ]
Killer 53
Shinee 49
Yoon 45
Mong 38
Mind 31
NotJumperer 30
ZerO 29
Bale 27
sorry 23
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 18
Rush 15
Sharp 10
Noble 9
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe260
League of Legends
JimRising 412
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1352
pashabiceps296
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2710
Khaldor588
Other Games
gofns27272
singsing1301
ceh9641
XBOCT328
Pyrionflax121
Mew2King114
DeMusliM80
ArmadaUGS42
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick633
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream271
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH218
• LUISG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2263
League of Legends
• Jankos1229
• Stunt457
Other Games
• WagamamaTV148
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 32m
Stellar Fest
3h 32m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.