• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:23
CEST 23:23
KST 06:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8732 users

User suspended for uploading Sniper Ridge - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
HooK2000
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany139 Posts
April 10 2013 19:57 GMT
#61
And its not even in the right turn...
@HooK2000 // youtube.com/hookt4
TheUnderking
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada202 Posts
April 10 2013 19:58 GMT
#62
The ban might have been a bit harsh, I don't think it was, and I certainly agree with the map removal, no company wants to be associated with the Nazi's at all.

PS. Blizzard ruining freedom of speech! /trollface
THE PACT IS SEALED!
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
April 10 2013 19:59 GMT
#63
[image loading]

Don't worry, that's definitely not a swastika!

Fact is, that symbol is still a hate symbol, in whatever form it's used. Try waving a 45-degree rotated classic swastika and call it a religious symbol and see how long you last in Germany.

Political correctness is fine, but not when it becomes this silly. I agree fully with Blizzard.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Inimic
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada153 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 20:00:42
April 10 2013 20:00 GMT
#64
The ban might have been a bit harsh, I don't think it was


That's coming from a user of a site that popularized the term "ban hammer," who's moderator symbol by their name is the same hammer.

<- expecting ban for comment :p
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
April 10 2013 20:00 GMT
#65
On April 11 2013 04:53 Shikyo wrote:
Um that swastika isn't anything negative.

I'm pretty sure the Finnish air force had that swastika as well. It's a positive sign

I think we did way more bad under that sign than the Finnish Air Force did well. It is perfectly understandable that the sign is regarded as offensive.
kukarachaa
Profile Joined February 2011
United States284 Posts
April 10 2013 20:00 GMT
#66
Completely fine with Blizzards decision. Doesn't matter if its inverted, doesn't matter what it meant before the Nazi Party, the point is 90% of the people will think of swastika in one way or another when they see this image, 89.9% won't care, 0.1% have potential to stir up a tone of shit for blizzard. And this opens up a door for some crazy news segment or newspaper article stating that Blizzard a gaming company that sells games to little kids and are endorsing the Nazi Party, Hitler, Holocosts etc, no matter how tiny of chance that is, they can't take it, simple PR.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
April 10 2013 20:00 GMT
#67
On April 11 2013 04:57 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 04:47 Chaggi wrote:
On April 11 2013 04:44 HeeroFX wrote:
Looks like a swastika to me.


Cause you dont' know history. It's not a swastika, it's a religious symbol and has been for much longer than when the Nazi's tried to use it.

Either configuration is illegal in Germany, for reason I am sure I don't need to detail. That is the main reason why most games and media do not ever use the symbol. Not shocked by the ban, this is no joke for some people.


Ah really? We see it here in Korea a lot, I believe it's used for religious purposes, never walked in one though.
eskimoaN
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 20:04:12
April 10 2013 20:00 GMT
#68
that's a manji, not a swastika... I've seen it on temples in Korea. It's a symbol of good luck. Here are some links:

http://koreantemples.com/?p=75
http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/swastika.htm

while I agree with the map being removed, I don't agree with the ban and the reasons for it.
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
April 10 2013 20:01 GMT
#69
On April 11 2013 05:00 Inimic wrote:
Show nested quote +
The ban might have been a bit harsh, I don't think it was


That's coming from a user of a site that popularized the term "ban hammer," who's symbol by their name is the same hammer.

<- expecting ban for comment :p

I believe it is a TL policy to ban/warn someone who said "expecting ban/warn". So you might well be banned for just that last statement.
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 20:02:30
April 10 2013 20:02 GMT
#70
swastika even isn't unique to nazi germany

it was used a bunch in say asia wayyyy before nazi's came into power -_-

it's also not a swastika.
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Inimic
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada153 Posts
April 10 2013 20:02 GMT
#71
They ban everything here. Just waiting now.

User was temp banned for this post.
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 20:04:10
April 10 2013 20:03 GMT
#72
On April 11 2013 05:00 eskimoaN wrote:
that's a manji, not a swastika... I've seen it on temples in Korea. It's a symbol of good luck. Here are some links:

http://koreantemples.com/?p=75
http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/swastika.htm


thats the thing, most people (and blizzard) dont give a single fuck on correctness and would cry foul.
everything in the world revolves around western culture, who gives a fuck about asian culture.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
achan1058
Profile Joined February 2012
1091 Posts
April 10 2013 20:03 GMT
#73
On April 11 2013 05:00 Chaggi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 04:57 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 04:47 Chaggi wrote:
On April 11 2013 04:44 HeeroFX wrote:
Looks like a swastika to me.


Cause you dont' know history. It's not a swastika, it's a religious symbol and has been for much longer than when the Nazi's tried to use it.

Either configuration is illegal in Germany, for reason I am sure I don't need to detail. That is the main reason why most games and media do not ever use the symbol. Not shocked by the ban, this is no joke for some people.


Ah really? We see it here in Korea a lot, I believe it's used for religious purposes, never walked in one though.

It's also used in a popular manga in Japan.
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6535 Posts
April 10 2013 20:04 GMT
#74
On April 11 2013 04:27 grs wrote:
The difference is, in sc2 if you upload a map to bnet, it is basically Blizzard's map. I can agree this is a bit overboard, but you can't compare the situation to bw.

That's the exact problem, though. When a huge studio/publisher gives themself too much control, they can't help but do random, petty things like this.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
grs
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany2339 Posts
April 10 2013 20:05 GMT
#75
On April 11 2013 05:03 jinorazi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 05:00 eskimoaN wrote:
that's a manji, not a swastika... I've seen it on temples in Korea. It's a symbol of good luck. Here are some links:

http://koreantemples.com/?p=75
http://www.religionfacts.com/buddhism/symbols/swastika.htm


thats the thing, most people (and blizzard) dont give a single fuck on correctness and would cry foul.
everything in the world revolves around western culture, who gives a fuck about asian culture.

It was on the EU server, by the EU department of Blizzard. I think it is ok, to apply western standards there.
Azelja
Profile Joined May 2011
Japan762 Posts
April 10 2013 20:06 GMT
#76
Found the original thread with the new KeSPA maps amusing enough as is... Fuck Blizzard anyway, I can kinda see asking Gossen to take down the map (if they are to retarded to actually do some research of their own about the map) but banning and keeping the ban despite the explanation just doesn't really justify any other comment than that one with the tire iron... But I digress, guess what's good enough for OGN to air is too taboo for b.net.
TritaN
Profile Joined December 2010
United States406 Posts
April 10 2013 20:06 GMT
#77
On April 11 2013 04:48 Bagi wrote:
It's funny how you can get upset over this.

How about you try to not make maps with inverted swastikas on them, no matter what old maps you are trying to copy? Is that too much common sense for you?


So let me get this straight. Because around 70 years ago, some douchebag with a funny moustache killed a bunch of people while wearing a certain symbol, this shape and any similar shape (even if it has been around for thousands of years in various other cultures) is PERMANENTLY BANNED from ever being used in anything for the rest of human history.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.
Iberville
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada207 Posts
April 10 2013 20:08 GMT
#78
Not on a 45 degree angle = not a National Socialist Party of Germany symbol.
I promise not to make a tasteless joke.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19386 Posts
April 10 2013 20:08 GMT
#79
On April 11 2013 04:48 Inimic wrote:
Show nested quote +
Well that's just one admin on Blizzard misunderstanding the situation. It will get cleared up I"m sure.


They said the matter is closed and will not revoke their decision.

I will try and contact a friend at blizzard tonight if nothing changes.I can't right now sorry.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
El Caz
Profile Joined April 2010
Panama48 Posts
April 10 2013 20:10 GMT
#80
A long while back I started working on a map that had a bikini wearing girl right in the middle of it. Later on I realized that I wouldn't be able to share the map with just a couple of friends for a few laughs like I could do on SC1, since maps are uploaded and shared with whoever finds them. Blizzard has censorship rules like this in place in case you hurt someone else's sensibilities, so uploading a bikini girl map could get me in trouble, and I ditched the idea. Well, that's the excuse I'm using, since once I finished the 'artsy' bits using the editor's brushes, I got too lazy to continue working on the balancing, triggers or anything else.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Elcaz/bikini-girl1.jpg

I'm thinking I could do this with a face, instead of a full body. It'd be less problematic censorship wise (less fun as well, I guess) but I seriously have no clue regarding balance or what makes a map fun, but drawing stuff on it is a challenge I enjoyed.

Regarding Kabel and his map, I don't think the swastika resemblance was intentional. Blizzard has no way of knowing if something offensive was intentional or not, so they stick to their guidelines and ban you accordingly. It does make for people being wary about what they upload but I guess that means the guidelines are working as intended.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason60
SpeCial 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 633
firebathero 83
Zeus 64
Trap 37
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever376
League of Legends
JimRising 43
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS97
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5171
Liquid`Hasu1891
Other Games
summit1g6161
shahzam452
byalli394
C9.Mang0172
KnowMe107
UpATreeSC73
Trikslyr35
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 93
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 53
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 38m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 38m
Stellar Fest
15h 38m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.