• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:36
CEST 04:36
KST 11:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9340 users

[Interview] 2013 WCS Korea S1 Qualifiers Day 1 - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
PixelNite
Profile Joined August 2011
France1008 Posts
April 10 2013 14:51 GMT
#61
On April 10 2013 23:46 Muffinman53 wrote:
On April 10 2013 15:40 Seeker wrote:

"I'm also able to deliver some good news to the person who is personally sponsoring me so I feel glad."

Who is Yugioh's personal sponsor?? T.T

ROOT / Catz I guess
Deleted User 123474
Profile Joined November 2010
292 Posts
April 10 2013 14:58 GMT
#62
These are seriously boring interviews. Could they be any more formulaic and short?

Maybe it's just because of the new players saying nothing interesting, as usual.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
April 10 2013 15:19 GMT
#63
YuGiOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssss
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
April 10 2013 15:25 GMT
#64
On April 10 2013 23:58 Komentaja wrote:
These are seriously boring interviews. Could they be any more formulaic and short?

Maybe it's just because of the new players saying nothing interesting, as usual.

I am just curious but what do you want players to say or the interviewers to ask?
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
April 10 2013 15:29 GMT
#65
ROOT Jacket are very ugly ^^ They need some work obviously :D

But nice to see Yugioh going throught :D
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 15:32:41
April 10 2013 15:30 GMT
#66
On April 11 2013 00:29 Insoleet wrote:
ROOT Jacket are very ugly ^^ They need some work obviously :D

But nice to see Yugioh going throught :D



I think you can say the same about most team uniforms. We desperately need to bring sexy back. When in doubt Justin Timberlake it.

On April 10 2013 16:19 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Lmfao... and Bisu gets crushed once more in the qualifiers by a less-than-top-level Zerg.

Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 15:46 SAFenix wrote:
Pet's Smirk is like, "Damn right I beat Bisu." I wonder what his facial expression will be like when he gets 2-0'd outta Code A and never makes another impact in eSports again!!


Pet's been around. Never had a breakout moment but he was (and is, apparently) fairly good. I'm sure he'll accomplish more in SC2 than Bisu ever will. Whether this actually involves a deep run in the GSL or not, we'll have to wait and see.



Bisu only has several wins to his name in HotS thus far. I would be more surprised if he was able to get a really hot streak going.
CuteZergling
Profile Joined November 2011
641 Posts
April 10 2013 17:59 GMT
#67
Thanks for the translations!

Hmm, the question to Yugioh:

This was your first qualifiers ever since transferring to a new team. Was there any pressure?


Wasn't he on ROOT last time he qualified for Code A? I remember that in the interview he didn't mention ROOT though.
Team owner of team QTLing
LighT.
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4501 Posts
April 10 2013 18:03 GMT
#68
So now 4 Code A seeds are open...I wonder how that'll work for the qualifiers.
Tobblish
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden6404 Posts
April 10 2013 18:05 GMT
#69
I wonder how into the scene Yugiohs dad is.

With getting his boy to the venue and a comment that he probably knows more than Yugioh himself about the WCS he can't just be a supporting parent.
The curse is real
RagequitBM
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada2270 Posts
April 10 2013 18:08 GMT
#70
On April 10 2013 16:10 Iplaythings wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2013 15:46 SAFenix wrote:
Pet's Smirk is like, "Damn right I beat Bisu." I wonder what his facial expression will be like when he gets 2-0'd outta Code A and never makes another impact in eSports again!!

I wonder what expressin you will make when you realize Bisu probally never will make an impact again?

+ Show Spoiler +
See how obnoxious I just was? Being pissed of is fine and all but it's Bisus fault he didn't make it through not Pet's...

I'm like 95% sure he was joking, based on the way he structured the post...
Twitch.tv/Ragequitbm for all the fans
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 21:27:32
April 10 2013 21:27 GMT
#71
Well, I was able to finish four more interviews today. Unfortunately, I do have to go back to work for another 2 hours... T-T

But while I'm gone, please check out one of the most emotional interviews I've ever translated.

Also, this interview is in the OP too, but I just wanted to specially recommend it.

(Z)Samsung KHAN JuNi

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

After three years, you finally made it through a qualifiers. How do you feel?

I feel glad. But it's not this humongous glad feeling. I think I have to get past the Challenge League in order to really feel happy.

During all this time, you were unable to fully bring out your potential during qualifiers.

I go so angry. If I had become too lax and used to losing then I probably would have just straight up retired. But I still wanted to play so I just kept on going for it. Even if people around me were saying things like, "oh, he hasn't retired yet?" I didn't get embarrassed at myself and I knew that I was still going to keep on going for it.

How come you were performing so poorly?

It's because I suck (laughs). First off, it was difficult to adapt to WoL and I almost came to hate playing the game during the transition period. I just wanted to play BW. Honestly, during the beginning of the WoL era, the game was no fun and I kept contemplating as to whether or not I should retire. Everyone else adapted instantly but I just wandered around for too long. I did think about retiring, but I knew that retiring was something that I could do whenever I wanted to so I decide to lay it all on the line and just went for it. But even doing that just wasn't enough (laughs).

You haven't made your presence known in forever. How have you been during all this time?

In April of 2011 until September of 2011, I was too ill to play. I was feeling so horrible that I even though that I could be dying. My neck hurt and I couldn't breathe so I had to keep going back to the hospital for over a year but no matter how many times I got examined, I was always told that there was nothing wrong. That period was really difficult. Thanks to that, my hands got paralyzed and I lost a lot of weight. For three to four months, I was unable to use my right hand. I was so jealous whenever I would observe everyone else playing the game.

I lost so much weight that I weighed 46kg and at one point, people kept saying that I was nothing but bones. We still hadn't been able to find the source of my illness so I just kept getting more and more stressed. And then one day, the hospital told me that I would never be able to use my hand ever again and I was horrified. I'm not sure if I should say something like this but during that time I really just wanted to die. But then I got treatment from a really famous place and I was able to recover. I can laugh about it now but back then it was incredibly difficult.

You were unable to be sent out for the Proleague lineup and had to keep observing from the bench.

I attempted an SC2 tournament about twice but I lost pathetically in ZvZs. I worked really hard during preparation but I allowed a comeback during a good situation so my frustration was huge. I was removed from the roster and everything around me just got more and more difficult. But then I started exercising and my body became better. Aside from church days, I would always exercise no matter what and I would also mind control myself.

HotS was a fresh start for everyone.

When I heard that HotS was going to get released I was so glad. HotS was still relatively similar to WoL but everyone had to begin from the same starting line so I liked that part. I'm also not on the young side so I really wanted to grab this opportunity. I don't want to have any regrets so even right now, I'm still going for it.

How did you feel when you saw that final GG appear?

I felt so good. I felt so good that I was about to release all control of my hands. From a long time ago, oDin hyung would tell me that he would love it if I could get through a qualifiers but I was never able to meet his expectations. But since I was able to get through today, just thinking about how happy oDing hyung could get makes me feel so good.

This season's goals?

I want to qualify for the OSL and partake in the group nominations no matter what. I always lost in the finals so I was never able to go to the group nominations. I want to experience it no matter what (laughs).

Anything else you would like to say?

I want my family to remain strong and I want to let my father know that I love him.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Die4Ever
Profile Joined August 2010
United States17750 Posts
April 10 2013 21:34 GMT
#72
"Swagger hyung" looool
"Expert" mods4ever.com
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
April 10 2013 21:44 GMT
#73
Instant Juni-fan.
AdministratorBreak the chains
HotGlueGun
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1409 Posts
April 10 2013 21:48 GMT
#74
I wish more koreans gave thorough answers like Juni did. He definitely stands out in my mind now, and I'll be rooting for him!
Don't hoot with the Owls at night if you cant soar with the Eagles at dawn.
PixelNite
Profile Joined August 2011
France1008 Posts
April 10 2013 21:50 GMT
#75
Wow Juni and all those feels. Really good interview, thanks for the translation
Insoleet
Profile Joined May 2012
France1806 Posts
April 10 2013 21:54 GMT
#76
Juni, such a story his life is. :o
Negatiive
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada207 Posts
April 10 2013 21:54 GMT
#77
Is it just me or do the poses with players lifting their fist in the air starting to look really stupid..
ROOT4ROOT <3
fuzzylogic44
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada2633 Posts
April 10 2013 22:23 GMT
#78
Pet looks like a student at Hogwarts
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
April 10 2013 22:32 GMT
#79
Way to go Startale players! This is the first time I've seen a picture of Pet.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
April 10 2013 22:36 GMT
#80
The second time Hack mentions Avenge doesn't make sense. Avenge is already in Code A
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 611
NaDa 46
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9903
JimRising 746
WinterStarcraft283
ViBE105
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV292
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush631
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 24m
INu's Battles
9h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 24m
Replay Cast
20h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.