• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:03
CEST 17:03
KST 00:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7665 users

[Interview] Code S RO8 Day 2 2012 GSL Season 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-22 00:52:14
November 21 2012 11:35 GMT
#1
(T)STXSouL_INnoVation

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've reached the Round of 4 with a comfortable victory.

I'm incredibly happy that I was able to concentrate and play out my matches well today. The thought of going to Las Vegas also puts me in a good mood.

Through today's match, at least one KeSPA player was guaranteed to advance to the semifinals.

Soulkey has always been confident in his ZvT. There was too much at stake during today's match, though, so I resolved not to lose no matter what and prepared thoroughly.

How did you prepare for the match?

I focused on the psychological aspects of the match, but I think I got luckier today than I thought I would.

You gained a huge advantage during the second set with a surprise Hellion attack. Could you tell us why you prepared such a strategy?

Bio play is incredibly hard nowadays. I thought that winning purely with bio play would be difficult in a Best of X series, so I decided to mix up bio and mech. Watching Soulkey's VODs, I saw that he tends to go for 3 Hatcheries into Roaches, so I felt that I would do well if I neutralized the Roaches by following the Hellions up with Banshees.

Your next opponent is HyuN. How do you think the match will go?

I think that HyuN-hyung will be a difficult opponent because his skill level is on the rise this season, so I feel that I will have to prepare harder than I did for today.

Along with HyuN, you are a potential Royal Roader candidate. You must feel some ambition.

When I saw a photo of Life being given the Excalibur sword, I felt a strong desire to receive one for myself. I'll be going to Las Vegas with my advancement to the semifinals, but since I'll obviously lose my chance if I get knocked out, I want to make it to the finals at a minimum.

If you were to reach the finals, whom would you want to face?

I think that I would prefer to face a Terran player over a Zerg.

Although you haven't played many games, your official GSL match win rate of 77.3% is on the very high side. Do you have some sort of special practice regimen?

Rather than paying attention to how much I practice, I concentrate my practice time, no matter how short it may be, around focal points. I feel that maintaining your bodily condition is very important, so I'm working on being able to practice efficiently.

STX has often done well up until the Round of 4 but performed poorly afterwards.

I don't pay much attention to that.

Could you tell us about any determination you may have, and do you have any last words?

I'm grateful to those people who have always cheered for me. I practiced a lot with my teammate, Size, so I'm thankful for his help, and I hope that he can help me against HyuN, too. Although I'm going to Las Vegas, I'll do my best to concentrate on my match instead of my trip so that I can reach a high spot.



(Z)MVP_Sniper

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

This is your first Code S semifinal. How do you feel?

I viewed Leenock as my greatest obstacle for this season, so I'm really happy that I was able to win against him. Also, knowing that I'm going to Las Vegas feels unreal. Anyone could have been chosen to go there, so I can't believe that I'm the one who's ending up going.

How did you prepare once you were set to face Leenock in the Round of 8?

Even back since I prepared for the Round of 16, I had confidence that I would make it to the Round of 8. Even when I had trouble against Zerg on ladder, I paid extra attention to practice in order to prepare for my quarterfinal match. I practiced on ladder as I have always done.

You took the first set by keeping Leenock at bay with Roaches and Infestors. Was this a strategy that you had planned in advance?

I tried to go for Mutalisks after attacking him in the early game, but things didn't go as expected. My opponent was opting for +1/+1 Zerglings, so I went for the Roach-Infestor composition, adapting my strategy to the situation.

Conversely, you let your opponent tie the score by losing the second set to a Baneling attack.

After blocking my opponent's 10 pool and harassing him with speed-boosted Zerglings, I was in an advantageous position. If I had been able to produce Mutalisks, I would have been in a situation from which I couldn't lose, but he went for a good timing attack while I was transitioning.

You won today's match largely using Roach-Infestor.

I was at an advantage during the early games, so I both had more resources and more Infestor energy, which allowed me to make good engagements.

Your opponent at the semifinals is Ryung. How do you think things will go?

Ryung said in his Round of 4 interview that I would be an easy opponent, so I will say the same. Even when everyone thought that Leenock would advance, I had confidence in myself.

If you were to make it to the finals, whom would you want to face?

HyuN is a very good ZvZ player; you can tell just by watching his Fight Club games. I lost to INnoVation in the Round of 16 in a ridiculous way, so I want to get revenge on him at the finals.

Both the semifinals and finals will occur within a short period of time. How are you planning to prepare?

I'm thinking of building up my fundamentals by mainly practicing on ladder, as I've always done.

By advancing the the GSL semifinals, you've also qualified for the IPL Season 5.

I haven't played in a single overseas tournament before, so I think that participating in the IPL Season 5 will be a good opportunity for me.

You'll have to deal with both the IPL Season 5 and the GSL within a tight schedule. Don't you feel worried?

To be truthful, I'll have to play to find out. I don't have any information about Las Vegas yet, so I don't know how things will go. People around me have said "you don't know because you haven't gone there" and "traveling by plane will be too hard on you." I don't know because I haven't traveled, so I'll have to experience it to find out.

Do you have confidence that you will win this season?

I think that this is my opportunity. I've played good games and won a lot of matches this season, so I think that this is my chance to win.

Please tell us about any determination you may have regarding your future matches as well as any last words.

A lot of people have said that the semifinal games will be boring if I advance, but at any rate, I won. My victory felt bittersweet because of such talk, but I hope that people still keep their eyes on me. I want to send my thanks to my manager and his dad for coming with me to the studio today, as well as my family and relatives for always cheering me on. Also, I want to thank my team's sponsors, Lotte Chilsung, Razer, and GOMTV, as well as our partners, Wayi Spider and MYM.
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
November 21 2012 11:39 GMT
#2
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Torvaltz
Profile Joined August 2012
United States188 Posts
November 21 2012 11:50 GMT
#3
I have to respect Innovation's attitude. He's very focused, and his play is impressive.

But I can't pick against Ryung. He's going to destroy the fun-ruining Sniper and win it all.
melee is sick
Berceno
Profile Joined May 2012
Spain401 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-21 11:53:02
November 21 2012 11:52 GMT
#4
bogus!! he shouldn't have changed his name T.T
protoss living in da ghetto
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
November 21 2012 11:53 GMT
#5
Hahaha, innovation wants a sword for himself ;D Go to las vegas son!
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
November 21 2012 11:54 GMT
#6
Bogus changes name to Innovation and makes the ro4

Sweet deal, also, wtf at the "STX players blow at ro4", by STX players I assume he means Kal, Calm has had no problems making people sweat in the semis (2-3 vs fantasy at Jin Air season 1 I think and beating Jaedong 3-1 at Avalon MSL whiche he won)
In the woods, there lurks..
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
November 21 2012 12:00 GMT
#7
STX players have often done well up until the Round of 4 but performed poorly afterwards.

I don't pay much attention to that.

Bogus doesn't give a fuck
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
November 21 2012 12:01 GMT
#8
On November 21 2012 20:54 Iplaythings wrote:
Bogus changes name to Innovation and makes the ro4

Sweet deal, also, wtf at the "STX players blow at ro4", by STX players I assume he means Kal, Calm has had no problems making people sweat in the semis (2-3 vs fantasy at Jin Air season 1 I think and beating Jaedong 3-1 at Avalon MSL whiche he won)

The wording is a bit ambiguous; it could possibly refer to Proleague performance, but I don't have a BW background so I'm not sure whether this is the case

Would like some clarification
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
WhX
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany778 Posts
November 21 2012 12:04 GMT
#9
Bogus being Bogus.

Ty for the interview, looking forward to the next one as well!
DrPandaPhD
Profile Joined November 2011
5188 Posts
November 21 2012 12:05 GMT
#10
Does everyone get a sword after a royal road? Thought they gave it to Life specifically for being the first one.
리노크 👑
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
November 21 2012 12:07 GMT
#11
The sword, man, the sword! Who fucking cares about the glory and the 50k$...

The sword man!
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
November 21 2012 12:10 GMT
#12
neutralizing roaches with hellions...hm
I guess i'll give gomtv vods another try and hope they are without lag.. ):
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
November 21 2012 12:12 GMT
#13
On November 21 2012 21:07 fezvez wrote:
The sword, man, the sword! Who fucking cares about the glory and the 50k$...

The sword man!


It is a pretty sweet sword.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Ornithorynquez
Profile Joined August 2009
430 Posts
November 21 2012 12:14 GMT
#14
Kakaru !
I have to return some videotapes.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-21 12:59:25
November 21 2012 12:59 GMT
#15
On November 21 2012 21:10 Yorbon wrote:
neutralizing roaches with hellions...hm
I guess i'll give gomtv vods another try and hope they are without lag.. ):


He said hellions followed by banshees which is pretty standard when opening mass BF hellions.
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
November 21 2012 13:43 GMT
#16
Bogus for "Woody Allen Terran"
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
November 21 2012 13:49 GMT
#17
Didn't see the matches today. Did Bogus blow any minds? Was it like Rain's OMFG HE SO GOSU moment, or did he just do well?
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
November 21 2012 13:50 GMT
#18
Damn, couldn't imagine that Sniper will destroy Leenock like this. I was hoping to see Leenock in the finals, his play is just amazing, but anyway, go go Sniper! Really enjoyed his ZvP, basing on early aggression with Roaches and Lings, attacking from multiple angles and really like the way he is fighting Sentry + Immortal all-in, with constant back and forth action. Also, his play in ZvT is great to watch because he still prefers Mutas more than Infestors(at least what I've saw from his games).

"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Ketch
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands7285 Posts
November 21 2012 14:00 GMT
#19
I hope they fly the players in on time, to give them some time to adjust... Then we will see some nice matches I feel!
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
November 21 2012 14:01 GMT
#20
Damn Sniper's picture is just perfect. He is boasting with confidence.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
ComeBackTV 1088
IntoTheiNu 1045
SteadfastSC790
TaKeTV 546
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex156
EnkiAlexander 87
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 790
IndyStarCraft 167
Rex 156
ProTech137
BRAT_OK 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 49866
Bisu 2001
Horang2 1239
EffOrt 1009
Hyuk 600
Soma 589
BeSt 533
Mini 486
Light 431
Shuttle 427
[ Show more ]
Larva 336
ZerO 202
Rush 190
Leta 84
Mong 77
firebathero 73
Sea.KH 64
Snow 63
910 60
Pusan 46
Sexy 43
ToSsGirL 34
Yoon 27
Aegong 27
Bale 27
JYJ 26
Trap 22
Terrorterran 21
Shine 17
Rock 15
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8052
qojqva1241
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1530
Khaldor1129
Lowko456
Other Games
singsing1976
hiko1257
Beastyqt597
B2W.Neo464
Hui .196
Livibee194
ArmadaUGS141
XaKoH 131
Liquid`VortiX129
KnowMe112
Mew2King80
QueenE66
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream85
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 25
• mYiSmile111
• Gemini_19 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3269
Other Games
• Shiphtur267
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 57m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 57m
Online Event
19h 57m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.