• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:32
CEST 09:32
KST 16:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7128 users

[Interview]8th team's Jaedong talks about HOTS - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Labbetuss
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway568 Posts
September 20 2012 20:26 GMT
#41
This interview is really good. Thanks for translating! Even though I'm a Flash fan, it's hard not to love JD also.
MKP | HerO | Taeja | NonY | Creator | NesTea | Bomber | Mvp | Prime 4 ever
nebula.
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden1431 Posts
September 20 2012 20:30 GMT
#42
fighting! nice interview
I miss you July ~~~ I was in PonyTales #7 wooho!
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
September 20 2012 20:32 GMT
#43
Jaedong fighting !
awesomoecalypse
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2235 Posts
September 20 2012 20:37 GMT
#44
interesting that he thinks SC2 Zerg is harder than BW Zerg.
He drone drone drone. Me win. - ogsMC
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 20 2012 20:39 GMT
#45
jd fighting!
Jaedong.
CeriseCherries
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
6170 Posts
September 20 2012 20:45 GMT
#46
we lvoe you too jaedong
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.
StreetWise
Profile Joined January 2010
United States594 Posts
September 20 2012 20:48 GMT
#47
On September 21 2012 04:18 HaXXspetten wrote:
I really hope JD will be a top contender for HotS... I mean he basically is the heart of the swarm :s


Since Yellow decided not to play SC2, there is no one to dispute this!
I will not be poisoned by your bitterness
IPS.Mardow.
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany713 Posts
September 20 2012 20:58 GMT
#48
Jaedong! <3
xuanzue
Profile Joined October 2010
Colombia1747 Posts
September 20 2012 21:00 GMT
#49
Among them, how do you think about Parting, who sent message to all 8th Team players?


what did Parting said?
Dominions 4: "Thrones of Ascension".
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
September 20 2012 21:06 GMT
#50
big and happy fan! i am so happy that he is so good!
''you got to yolo things up to win''
snively
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States1159 Posts
September 20 2012 21:07 GMT
#51
so awesome


And also SC2 has less variables in micro-control such as Zergling micro or Mutalisk micro. I can overwhelm my opponent only with micro-conrol in BW games but I can't do that in SC2. But I think there are many unrevealed elements in SC2 and I expect we can show you more in the future.


this guy has it down.
My religion is Starcraft
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
September 20 2012 21:11 GMT
#52
Thank you so much for this interview seron! It is very apreciated. I always enjoy reading Jaedong's interviews, but this was more interesting than usual.


To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that.

Jaedong is my role model. I just love this guy.

And also SC2 has less variables in micro-control such as Zergling micro or Mutalisk micro. I can overwhelm my opponent only with micro-conrol in BW games but I can't do that in SC2.

And this is, in two sentences, the explanation to why sc2 is a bad game.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
September 20 2012 21:20 GMT
#53
On September 21 2012 06:11 Elroi wrote:
Thank you so much for this interview seron! It is very apreciated. I always enjoy reading Jaedong's interviews, but this was more interesting than usual.

Show nested quote +

To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that.

Jaedong is my role model. I just love this guy.

Show nested quote +
And also SC2 has less variables in micro-control such as Zergling micro or Mutalisk micro. I can overwhelm my opponent only with micro-conrol in BW games but I can't do that in SC2.

And this is, in two sentences, the explanation to why sc2 is a bad game.

SC2 is a bad game? Too bad your role model seems to disagree with you.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
September 20 2012 21:21 GMT
#54
Seems like a very modest and intelligent guy, just as I'd expect from someone with his repute and legendary status.
Very interesting that he says SC2 Z is harder than BW Z, wish some people here on the forums took note of that.
Get off my lawn, young punks
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
September 20 2012 21:23 GMT
#55
On September 21 2012 06:11 Elroi wrote:
Thank you so much for this interview seron! It is very apreciated. I always enjoy reading Jaedong's interviews, but this was more interesting than usual.

Show nested quote +

To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that.

Jaedong is my role model. I just love this guy.

Show nested quote +
And also SC2 has less variables in micro-control such as Zergling micro or Mutalisk micro. I can overwhelm my opponent only with micro-conrol in BW games but I can't do that in SC2.

And this is, in two sentences, the explanation to why sc2 is a bad game.


Why bash the game your role model plays? :/ And why pick part of a paragraph, but ignore the second part?

But I think there are many unrevealed elements in SC2 and I expect we can show you more in the future.


Doesn't sound like Jaedong hates the game.
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
September 20 2012 21:23 GMT
#56
On September 21 2012 06:11 Elroi wrote:
Thank you so much for this interview seron! It is very apreciated. I always enjoy reading Jaedong's interviews, but this was more interesting than usual.

Show nested quote +

To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that.

Jaedong is my role model. I just love this guy.

Show nested quote +
And also SC2 has less variables in micro-control such as Zergling micro or Mutalisk micro. I can overwhelm my opponent only with micro-conrol in BW games but I can't do that in SC2.

And this is, in two sentences, the explanation to why sc2 is a bad game.

your role model also said sc2 is harder to play for zerg. where is your god now?
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
September 20 2012 21:33 GMT
#57
Many of you guys obviously did not follow or even watch a single game of BW and are completely misunderstanding the context. In BW, zerglings and mutas were much more microable than they are in SC2. Jaedong was able to win plenty of games on zergling/muta micro alone. He can't do that anymore in SC2 so it's harder for him. Without the strength of his zergling/mutalisk micro, he's nowhere near the dominant player he was at his peak.
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
September 20 2012 21:39 GMT
#58
Obviously he thinks it's harder to play, because it's harder to win when you can't use your strength in micro.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
September 20 2012 21:42 GMT
#59
Jaedong <3
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
Acer1791
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany182 Posts
September 20 2012 21:42 GMT
#60
just one question, cause i didnt follow bw that much..^^

how can you micro lings more in bw, i mean they are melee Oo
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 966
Hyun 52
NotJumperer 42
Bale 34
Killer 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto173
League of Legends
JimRising 515
Counter-Strike
edward15
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King112
Other Games
summit1g7974
Coldzera 719
ceh9505
olofmeister483
WinterStarcraft389
C9.Mang0288
Sick142
NeuroSwarm90
Happy39
ViBE23
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick584
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream43
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Rush1013
• Jankos632
• Stunt387
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
16h 28m
Patches Events
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.