• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:10
CEST 20:10
KST 03:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9514 users

[Interview] OSL Ro16 D3 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 19:34:25
September 04 2012 15:21 GMT
#1
OP Note: I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could please check out this thread and post your comments and thoughts. <3 thank you!
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=364720



(T)MarineKingPRIME

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about getting your first ever OSL victory?

The truth was, I was on the verge of elimination if I lost today so I prepared really hard with that mindset. But I'm glad I was able to win like this so I am relieved.

You arrived to the studio late so wasn't preparing for your game difficult?

I left the team house early but it was raining and traffic was heavy so I arrived late. So mentality wise I was feeling disturbed.

Your last week's loss must have been a real shame.

I had no idea that I had such an advantage even in the mid game. So because I kept playing defensive I later on realized I actually ended up giving away my lead and allowed a comeback to happen. Of course Rain played well also. I lost because I was the one at fault so I try not to think about that game anymore.

You were able to grab JangBi with medivac play.

I practiced a lot so I was able to utilize my play very well and I also practiced in preparation for multiple scenarios. Initally, the plan was to harass my opponent while grabbing my third quicker than him but it seemed like I could end it with my aggression so I went for it daringly.

You need to have two wins in order to secure your Ro8 placement.

In this group, I think the hardest opponent is going to be DRG. So I'm going to have to prepare extensively for him. I have a strong urge to advance so I'm going to prepare hard and show a great form.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank FXO's coach, Choya, Tear, San, JYP, MaNa, Creator, and Classic for practicing with me. Also, since PartinG refused to help me, I really hope he doesn't expect some kind of favor from me the next time he requests to practice with me (laughs). Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Ttesports, and OCZ

(T)LG-IM_Mvp

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

How do you feel about securing your first ever OSL victory?

I feel really good since I was able to get my first ever victory for StarLeague. My final opponent will be PartinG and the map is Daybreak so I know the game is going to be difficult but I'm going to win no matter what so that I can make it to the Ro8.

You've sustained several losses against KeSPA players

Even before losing to Flying I felt a really big burden before even coming to the studio. That's why I just couldn't make a comeback. Against BaBy for WCG, he was just too good. That's why I lost.

What did you do in order to overcome your losing streak?

I didn't really prepare anything special. Right now, because of a neck disc issue, I can't practice a lot so I have a lot of stress. So I prepared hard in order to overcome the pressure I feel when I worry about scores and that end result allowed me to play my games with a peaceful mindset. I think that's why I was able to win today.

NesTea lost today.

Last's play was just too good. His utilization of his strategy was just really solid. And not just his skill but his preparation was good as well. The build Last used today is a build I that I have used plenty of times in the past so I know it well. That strategy was implicated by a better player than me today.

How is your current condition?

Whenever I practice, I don't know if it's because of my neck disc or not but my head hurts so badly that it's difficult. I can handle my wrists hurting but my head hurting is too much for me. Practice is difficult but I take frequent breaks in between so right now it's manageable.

Your last game is against PartinG.

We joke around that he's a "walking 1 win card" but truth be told, he is a superb player so I expect the game to be really difficult. But I've beaten him in a Ro4 GSL match before and I have the better score in our head to head record so as long as I prepare well, I should be able to defeat him.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank all my teammate Terrans for their help. Lately, NesTea hyung has been losing a lot and has not been performing like his usual self so he must be saddened by that. But NesTea hyung always has the ability to pick himself back up so I hope he remains strong. I also want to thank my family, our coach, and my lovely girlfriend for always cheering me on. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors LG, Googims, RAZER, Nvidia, and Steelseries,

(P)SK.MC

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You are the first one to secure a 2-0 lead so how do you feel?

I feel really good that I grabbed two victories. With this momentum, my third victory should be no problem.

You had to play two PvPs so far. Weren't you feeling pressured?

There is a map where PvPs are really dependent on the build order but today's map, Daybreak, doesn't really depend on who gets the right build order. So I wasn't really feeling pressured because of that.

You started off with a disadvantage.

On a map like Daybreak, using a Phoenix strategy does not put you in a disadvantageous situation. On a map like Antiga Shipyard however, it's hard to defend your natural so if your phoenix play gets blocked you're screwed. But Daybreak isn't like that. Actually, after seeing what my opponent doing, I told myself that I had won.

You have one match left against Flash.

After watching his games, I noticed that he has a weakness. If I focus on exposing that weakness, I think I'll win easily. If BeSt loses to him tomorrow and my Ro8 placement gets secured, then I plan on doing a stylish game against Flash. If it comes to a situation where I MUST secure my third victory, then I am going to play an aggressive macro game against him.

You have GSL and GSTL ahead of you.

When I go overseas, I have to keep playing for five days straight. That's why this week, I'm just going to view it as if I was at another overseas tournament. Tomorrow I have to play Jaedong, so I am heavily anticipating that match up.

Why are you anticipating your match against Jaedong?

Back in the BW days, my goal was to try to defeat Flash and Jaedong. Now, that opportunity has arrived. Truth be told, I am confident enough to never lose to a KeSPA Zerg. Since he came to the GSL. shouldn't he feel the taste of an all in? (laughs) As long as I don't get any of the maps that are disadvantageous for Protosses I should secure this victory.

Anything else you would like to say?

I feel good because I won today and I want to thank my girlfriend for coming with me today. NesTea hyung and JangBi both sustained two losses but I hope they remain strong. I wish Bisu and Stork would hurry up and come join us here at the OSL so that we can play together. I also want to thank SK Gaming for their unending support.

(T)STX SouL_Last

[image loading]

Source: DailyEsports

You secured your first ever StarLeague victory.

I feel really good. I beat a GSL player so I got even more confidence. NesTea is a good player but I told myself that as long as I prepared well I would be able to win. I was able to prepare really well for today's game. Probably because I was given an entire week.

Your game against Oz was delayed. Did that throw you off a bit?

I wanted to play in the OSL ASAP so the game being delayed was disappointing but it didn't affect me so.

How did you prepare your strategy? You even got a Thor at the end.

I saw Mvp's mech build order and thought that it was a good build. So I perfected it on ladder. Initially, I was going to make Siege Tanks to take on my opponent's army composition, but I saw he made mutalisks so I responded with Thors.

What are the differences between ProLeague and StarLeague?

ProLeague is a team league so there is a burden that you must win no matter what. On the other side, an individual league doesn't put on that kind of pressure so you can play with a peaceful mindset without worrying that much about winning or losing.

Your next opponent is Fnatic's Oz.

On top of Oz being a great player, the map is favored for Protoss. But I've been preparing for my game against Oz for a while now so I am confident.

This season's goals?

First goal is to make it to the Ro8. After I get to the Ro8, I will start striving for the semi finals.

Anything else you would like to say?

After ProLeague ended, the entire team took a break. I want to thank the Zerg teammates who took time out of their break to help me. I especially want to thank Park Kuhn Soo.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
September 04 2012 15:23 GMT
#2
As usual, thanks a lot
zeratul_jf
Profile Joined October 2011
United States808 Posts
September 04 2012 15:24 GMT
#3
w00t thank you Seeker, didnt want to lose in the translation battle?? hahaha
On another note MKP and DRG gonna be one epic match and rivalry once again
freeshooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States477 Posts
September 04 2012 15:25 GMT
#4
What? Parting is still acting cold towards MKP after that GSTL finals? Hmm... he's sure one to hold a grudge, I'd be pissed too but...
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
September 04 2012 15:32 GMT
#5
On September 05 2012 00:24 zeratul_jf wrote:
w00t thank you Seeker, didnt want to lose in the translation battle?? hahaha
On another note MKP and DRG gonna be one epic match and rivalry once again

lol. Course not. storywriter and I are like bros.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
SilSol
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden2744 Posts
September 04 2012 15:33 GMT
#6
yeah thanks a lot! <3
http://fragbite.se/user/117868/silsol since 2006 http://www.reddit.com/u/silsol77
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 15:35:28
September 04 2012 15:34 GMT
#7
Gj on reclaiming your translation crown from weirdkid
Also mana helping marineking out does that mean mana's skill is something known in Korea?
Glorious SEA doto
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 15:48:20
September 04 2012 15:39 GMT
#8
On September 05 2012 00:25 freeshooter wrote:
What? Parting is still acting cold towards MKP after that GSTL finals? Hmm... he's sure one to hold a grudge, I'd be pissed too but...


No... they are just joking, the original source shown it as a joke (웃음) but got lost in translation.

MKP and PartinG (and MC) are closest buddies there is among pros and I'm pretty sure MKP and PartinG were classmates at Seoul Digitech High School.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 15:41:26
September 04 2012 15:40 GMT
#9
On September 05 2012 00:25 freeshooter wrote:
What? Parting is still acting cold towards MKP after that GSTL finals? Hmm... he's sure one to hold a grudge, I'd be pissed too but...


Nah, they were fine pretty much right after the incident. It is probably just friendly bantering between friends. If MKP was really pissed at Parting, I doubt he would say it in an interview. Plus Parting didn't have any Ts in his GSL group and his OSL game is PvP, so not surprising he turned down MKP. I guess MKP is just telling Parting that he won't help him practice for Mvp.
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
September 04 2012 15:48 GMT
#10
Parting will regret this :D
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
September 04 2012 15:49 GMT
#11
On September 05 2012 00:34 Fusilero wrote:
Gj on reclaiming your translation crown from weirdkid
Also mana helping marineking out does that mean mana's skill is something known in Korea?


Nooooooooo...!!~~ *squats in a corner and draws random shapes on the ground*
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Weavel
Profile Joined January 2010
Finland9224 Posts
September 04 2012 15:54 GMT
#12
How is your current condition?

Whenever I practice, I don't know if it's because of my neck disk or not but my head hurts so badly that it's difficult. I can handle my wrists hurting but my head hurting is too much for me. Practice is difficult but I take frequent breaks in between so right now it's manageable.


Damn that sounds pretty serious. Hopefully MVP can overcome his healt issues. Thanks for translating.
Life/Seed//Mvp/NaNiwa fighting! ZeNEX forever!
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
September 04 2012 15:57 GMT
#13
On September 05 2012 00:54 Weavel wrote:
Show nested quote +
How is your current condition?

Whenever I practice, I don't know if it's because of my neck disk or not but my head hurts so badly that it's difficult. I can handle my wrists hurting but my head hurting is too much for me. Practice is difficult but I take frequent breaks in between so right now it's manageable.


Damn that sounds pretty serious. Hopefully MVP can overcome his healt issues. Thanks for translating.


Yea Guy's so young. Maybe it's a posture problem.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
September 04 2012 15:59 GMT
#14
Hope Mvp gets better. Amazing that he's this good with his current condition.
sM.Zik
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2553 Posts
September 04 2012 16:05 GMT
#15
No Last interview?
Jaedong Fighting! | youtube.com/ZikGaming
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
September 04 2012 16:07 GMT
#16
Mvp didn´t thank his girlfriend but rather Nestea´s? Does that mean he is single now? FUCK YES!

+ Show Spoiler +
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
Stanlot
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5742 Posts
September 04 2012 16:11 GMT
#17
Where's MC's interview?
MC: "Sentry Forcefield Forcefield Marauder... cage Marauder die die"
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
September 04 2012 16:12 GMT
#18
On September 05 2012 01:07 Aunvilgod wrote:
Mvp didn´t thank his girlfriend but rather Nestea´s? Does that mean he is single now? FUCK YES!

+ Show Spoiler +

Sorry he's already tarson's now
Glorious SEA doto
Ryncol
Profile Joined July 2011
United States980 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 16:14:56
September 04 2012 16:14 GMT
#19
On September 05 2012 01:11 Stanlot wrote:
Where's MC's interview?

It's being translated right now

No Last interview?


He'll probably be done.... Last

*sunglasses*
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
September 04 2012 16:16 GMT
#20
On September 05 2012 01:07 Aunvilgod wrote:
Mvp didn´t thank his girlfriend but rather Nestea´s? Does that mean he is single now? FUCK YES!

+ Show Spoiler +


He thanked Nestea's family and gf for cheering NESTEA up since Nestea has been struggling lately.
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 788
IntoTheiNu 567
SteadfastSC486
Rex91
CosmosSc2 61
EnkiAlexander 56
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 152
Rex 91
CosmosSc2 61
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason37
PtitDrogo 37
MindelVK 15
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36143
Mini 433
BeSt 325
Soulkey 275
Rush 158
Dewaltoss 113
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 45
Killer 29
Trap 27
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
sorry 20
Shine 19
Dota 2
Dendi984
qojqva944
Counter-Strike
fl0m1101
Fnx 735
shoxiejesuss16
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2504
Khaldor1738
Liquid`Hasu559
Other Games
Grubby3458
ArmadaUGS1663
B2W.Neo589
ceh9588
byalli455
KnowMe155
C9.Mang0123
QueenE93
Chillindude51
Trikslyr38
Railgan21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 9
• Reevou 1
• intothetv
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• FirePhoenix16
• blackmanpl 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3998
League of Legends
• TFBlade1049
Other Games
• imaqtpie977
• Scarra319
• Shiphtur313
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 50m
OSC
18h 50m
Stellar Fest
18h 50m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.