• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:44
CEST 00:44
KST 07:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10256 users

Code S S3 Finals - Media Day - MC vs Seed - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
AlgeriaT
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden2197 Posts
July 26 2012 12:10 GMT
#101
On July 26 2012 20:17 the p00n wrote:
Show nested quote +
Luck is also skill.


I always hate it when people who are really, really good at something (be it sc2, poker, football, ...,) make an incorrect statement like this and then follow it up with perfect advice (i.e. planning out what you are going to do; there is actually a rock-paper-scissors tournament and reading interviews of champions, they always recommend to prepare what you're going to do before the match and not make any major changes to it). The mentally not-so-blessed isolate 'luck is also skill' and make having arguments with them impossible about the subject for the next [x] amount of time.

That being said, I greatly favor MC to take this.

It is an incorrect statement only if you read it incorrectly. Look at the wider definition. Luck may not be skill in itself, but only with skill can you make proper use of what you receive through luck.
CORN GIRL + Flash + FanTaSy + CholeraSC + iNcontroL 4 eva <3
Greggle
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1131 Posts
July 26 2012 14:06 GMT
#102
in the end I think I'm here because I'm awesome.


I love you, MC.
Life is too short to take it seriously.
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
July 26 2012 14:10 GMT
#103
On July 26 2012 20:17 the p00n wrote:
Show nested quote +
Luck is also skill.


I always hate it when people who are really, really good at something (be it sc2, poker, football, ...,) make an incorrect statement like this and then follow it up with perfect advice (i.e. planning out what you are going to do; there is actually a rock-paper-scissors tournament and reading interviews of champions, they always recommend to prepare what you're going to do before the match and not make any major changes to it). The mentally not-so-blessed isolate 'luck is also skill' and make having arguments with them impossible about the subject for the next [x] amount of time.

That being said, I greatly favor MC to take this.

Something was probably lost in the translation. Many people think PvP is a coinflip, and to some extent build orders do counter other ones (although I think the matchup in general is pretty skill-based) but I think MC means that it takes skill to know what builds to use against certain players and how to make educated (if fallible) guesses even in a tenuous matchup.
silent_owl
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines3098 Posts
July 26 2012 14:36 GMT
#104
GOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIGGEST FANBOY RIGHT HERE!
"If you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." - Sun Tzu
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
July 26 2012 14:36 GMT
#105
I like about half the players in Code S, and don't like the other half. You know who you are.

I'm naturally good at everything. I'm good at eating too, so that's why I can't lose weight.

I could say out of manners that I've reached this place because of the players that helped me practice, but in the end I think I'm here because I'm awesome.

MC, how so boss? I never get enough of your interviews.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
Irre
Profile Joined August 2010
United States646 Posts
July 26 2012 14:38 GMT
#106
On July 26 2012 18:19 Supamang wrote:
Dang a PvP finals...? Wheres the sad zealot when you need him?


I would venture to say zealots are pretty sad in PvPs.. considering they are practically useless besides to kill some probes and die to lasers
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
July 26 2012 15:15 GMT
#107
MC: I haven't prepared anything in particular. I'm naturally good at everything. I'm good at eating too, so that's why I can't lose weight. I'm thinking maybe I'll dance as a ceremony, a dance that's popular lately.


Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Oh, Min Chul u so crazy. That's the best answer to any interview ever, polls are closed, thank you to everyone that tried.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Primal666
Profile Joined November 2010
Slovenia418 Posts
July 26 2012 15:36 GMT
#108
On July 26 2012 23:38 Irre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 18:19 Supamang wrote:
Dang a PvP finals...? Wheres the sad zealot when you need him?


I would venture to say zealots are pretty sad in PvPs.. considering they are practically useless besides to kill some probes and die to lasers

SAD ZEALOT: protoss loses another finals...dang....
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
July 26 2012 15:43 GMT
#109
Have always liked MC, but I'm starting to like Seed as well. Whoever wins, I'm sure it will be fun to watch.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
July 26 2012 15:46 GMT
#110
Just read that interview again and wow, MC is just masterful at interviews, really. Pretty much all of his replies are quite entertaining. So glad he was able to unleash the beast in SC2 :D
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
July 26 2012 15:49 GMT
#111
On July 27 2012 00:46 Aerisky wrote:
Just read that interview again and wow, MC is just masterful at interviews, really. Pretty much all of his replies are quite entertaining. So glad he was able to unleash the beast in SC2 :D


Yeah he has a great personality for TV/ being an entertainer. You can tell that he's good at anything he dedicates time to.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
July 26 2012 15:53 GMT
#112
lol, MC is really funny XD

"You know who you are..."
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
July 26 2012 15:54 GMT
#113
On July 27 2012 00:49 GreEny K wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 00:46 Aerisky wrote:
Just read that interview again and wow, MC is just masterful at interviews, really. Pretty much all of his replies are quite entertaining. So glad he was able to unleash the beast in SC2 :D


Yeah he has a great personality for TV/ being an entertainer. You can tell that he's good at anything he dedicates time to.

Agreed! Perhaps he could actually take that route after his retirement one day from esports.

Also, Khan represent ^^
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Aoxer
Profile Joined June 2012
44 Posts
July 26 2012 16:01 GMT
#114
rofl, I love how they both became trees
"No amout of macro will make marines beat banelings"
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
July 26 2012 16:03 GMT
#115
Thanks SOOOO much for translating this interview was awesome and very funny ^^
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
July 26 2012 16:24 GMT
#116
On July 27 2012 00:54 Aerisky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 00:49 GreEny K wrote:
On July 27 2012 00:46 Aerisky wrote:
Just read that interview again and wow, MC is just masterful at interviews, really. Pretty much all of his replies are quite entertaining. So glad he was able to unleash the beast in SC2 :D


Yeah he has a great personality for TV/ being an entertainer. You can tell that he's good at anything he dedicates time to.

Agreed! Perhaps he could actually take that route after his retirement one day from esports.

Also, Khan represent ^^


Khan, always!
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Curry1
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany6 Posts
July 26 2012 16:27 GMT
#117
Goind to be the first finals i gonna watch because of the players characters and stories and not because of the games
LeglessPuppy
Profile Joined March 2011
United States190 Posts
July 26 2012 16:32 GMT
#118
On July 26 2012 11:09 Waxangel wrote:
Source: leveltory.com


You're both famous for ceremonies.

MC: I haven't prepared anything in particular. I'm naturally good at everything. I'm good at eating too, so that's why I can't lose weight. I'm thinking maybe I'll dance as a ceremony, a dance that's popular lately.



I hope if he wins that he does the Gangnam Style dance haha
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
July 26 2012 16:36 GMT
#119
On July 26 2012 21:10 AlgeriaT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 26 2012 20:17 the p00n wrote:
Luck is also skill.


I always hate it when people who are really, really good at something (be it sc2, poker, football, ...,) make an incorrect statement like this and then follow it up with perfect advice (i.e. planning out what you are going to do; there is actually a rock-paper-scissors tournament and reading interviews of champions, they always recommend to prepare what you're going to do before the match and not make any major changes to it). The mentally not-so-blessed isolate 'luck is also skill' and make having arguments with them impossible about the subject for the next [x] amount of time.

That being said, I greatly favor MC to take this.

It is an incorrect statement only if you read it incorrectly. Look at the wider definition. Luck may not be skill in itself, but only with skill can you make proper use of what you receive through luck.


There are also calculated risks. I imagine that iIf you are good enough you can anticipate your opponent without a complete scout and cut corners in your build. Like skipping an obs or something.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
July 26 2012 16:39 GMT
#120
Oh man, so hard to pick a favourite not in terms of who you think is going to win, but who you want to win. Gonna go with MC, the bosstoss because he's got the best personality in esports today. How can you not love him?
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 139
ViBE92
CosmosSc2 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 573
Artosis 461
910 31
Dota 2
monkeys_forever461
League of Legends
JimRising 488
Counter-Strike
minikerr10
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS102
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5736
Liquid`Hasu1357
Other Games
summit1g7285
shahzam548
byalli344
C9.Mang0210
Trikslyr39
ZombieGrub22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 96
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 16m
Kung Fu Cup
12h 16m
Stellar Fest
14h 16m
The PondCast
1d 11h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.