• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:10
CEST 01:10
KST 08:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9177 users

OnGameNet StarLeague to be a SC2 league - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
848 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 43 Next All
RIP BW =( no bickering please!
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6539 Posts
June 06 2012 02:30 GMT
#221
I know we're all sad, but let's be honest, none of us right now is hurting more than Bisu.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Troxle
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States486 Posts
June 06 2012 02:31 GMT
#222
Will this all be streamed, possibly with English casters? Would love to see some OSL action even if it isn't Brood War matches
If you're homophobic, you're probably ugly, so don't worry about a gay guy coming onto you. - jarrydesque
Introvert
Profile Joined April 2011
United States5029 Posts
June 06 2012 02:31 GMT
#223
Sucks. Goodbye Professional Brood War, I hardly knew ye!
"But, as the conservative understands it, modification of the rules should always reflect, and never impose, a change in the activities and beliefs of those who are subject to them, and should never on any occasion be so great as to destroy the ensemble."
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
June 06 2012 02:32 GMT
#224
I knew this was coming, but I still don't know what to say. I loved Brood War since the beginning, but sadly only learned of professional play very late. All the sorrow and joy I never got to experience is a loss I keenly feel, but these few years I did get to watch were a treat. I may not have seen Boxer become a legend, but I did see him nuke Killer back when Oz was using him in Ace matches. I watched Fantasy's rise to fame, his glories and embarrassments. I witnessed the short-lived Six Dragons Season and then, after I'd given up all hope of ever seeing a Protoss champion again, Jangbi overcome all expectations in a glorious finale. I rooted for underdogs like Tempest, Saint, Lomo and BackHo, and I cheered for masters of the craft like Bisu, Stork, Fantasy, Leta and Zero.

This feeling is like the one you get at the end of a good book. Sorrow that the enjoyment has come to an end, but also satisfaction at a work well crafted.

I will move on, but I will never forget.
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
June 06 2012 02:33 GMT
#225
This means Flash is still on track for diamond and platinum mice.

I am still incredibly unhappy about the switch. OSL was the only league left.
endy
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Switzerland8970 Posts
June 06 2012 02:34 GMT
#226
I will never forget when I saw Flash receive his golden mouse just in front of me.

RIP
;_;

ॐ
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
June 06 2012 02:34 GMT
#227
On June 06 2012 11:30 oBlade wrote:
I know we're all sad, but let's be honest, none of us right now is hurting more than Bisu.


I really wanted to like this post.

SO many mixed feelings about this announcement.
Jumbled
Profile Joined September 2010
1543 Posts
June 06 2012 02:35 GMT
#228
On June 06 2012 11:25 Nazza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 10:02 Archile wrote:
ok guys, I understand you're all bummed about brood war

but look on the bright side, all the production value you know and love will be transplanted into a sc2 league that allows for strong competiton, unlike proleague right now. More qualifiers means more opprotunities to see your favorite players!


Ppl that care about/play a 12 year old game.... care about production value? and money?

Depends whether they care about the game itself, or about being ESPORTS.
Obelisco
Profile Joined January 2011
Peru1962 Posts
June 06 2012 02:35 GMT
#229
Good bye Broodwar, it is so sad to say good bye to a game u've know ur whole life (maybe even first game i saw and played), i really regret not knowing about Professional Broodwar for so long. I will now watch all remaining osl matches at least. Today is a sad day.
ne4aJIb
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Russian Federation3209 Posts
June 06 2012 02:35 GMT
#230
broodwar((((((((((((((
Bisu,Best,Stork,Jangbi and Flash, Fantasy, Leta, Light and Jaedong, Hydra, Zero, Soulkey assemble in ACE now!
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
June 06 2012 02:35 GMT
#231
It's finally over huh...

damn.

I love crazymoving
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
June 06 2012 02:36 GMT
#232
On June 06 2012 11:34 endy wrote:
I will never forget when I saw Flash receive his golden mouse just in front of me.

RIP
;_;



awwww
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Whiztard
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States241 Posts
June 06 2012 02:37 GMT
#233
On June 06 2012 11:25 Nazza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 10:02 Archile wrote:
ok guys, I understand you're all bummed about brood war

but look on the bright side, all the production value you know and love will be transplanted into a sc2 league that allows for strong competiton, unlike proleague right now. More qualifiers means more opprotunities to see your favorite players!


Ppl that care about/play a 12 year old game.... care about production value? and money?



I don't think you can deny BW's production value if it lasted 12 years and created, basically, an entirely new genre of business.
when Bisu switches to SC2...... (2014 update: sighh)
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 02:37:53
June 06 2012 02:37 GMT
#234
Well shit.

I suppose it's better to end now than try to do another one when everyone's playing SC2, but ugh. It's huge news for the Korean SC2 scene, but I kind of don't care about that right now.

BW is officially dead as a professional e-Sport.
Dontkillme
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)806 Posts
June 06 2012 02:39 GMT
#235
This means that Kespa players will compete in more foreign tourneys?
Bomber & Jaedong & FlaSh & SNSD <3
Nazza
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Australia1654 Posts
June 06 2012 02:40 GMT
#236
On June 06 2012 11:37 Whiztard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2012 11:25 Nazza wrote:
On June 06 2012 10:02 Archile wrote:
ok guys, I understand you're all bummed about brood war

but look on the bright side, all the production value you know and love will be transplanted into a sc2 league that allows for strong competiton, unlike proleague right now. More qualifiers means more opprotunities to see your favorite players!


Ppl that care about/play a 12 year old game.... care about production value? and money?



I don't think you can deny BW's production value if it lasted 12 years and created, basically, an entirely new genre of business.


What attracted people the most was the game itself. Flashing lights and smoke and mirrors do not make a good show.
No one ever remembers second place, eh? eh? GIVE ME COMMAND
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-06 02:40:56
June 06 2012 02:40 GMT
#237
One of my favorite things I'll miss about professional brood war were the hype videos, which are almost void in sc2.

I mean damnit why can't we have this in sc2 t.t
+ Show Spoiler +
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
June 06 2012 02:40 GMT
#238
On June 06 2012 11:39 Dontkillme wrote:
This means that Kespa players will compete in more foreign tourneys?


Not explicitly in this announcement, Kespa did partner with MLG though so expect them at MLG at least.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
MicrowaveMess
Profile Joined May 2012
United States42 Posts
June 06 2012 02:41 GMT
#239
I wanted to read all through this thread but I had to stop. It is sad to see BW die to the sound of applause by Sc2 fans. My initial reaction was to write a giant wall of text flaming Sc2 but I deleted it. I feel like my best friend just moved. Sure he's not dead but I'll never see him again and it will never be the same. I am fucking speechless I don't know what to write. This is the end so I guess I'm done here. I will be drowning my sorrows on ladder tonight.
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
June 06 2012 02:42 GMT
#240
On June 06 2012 11:41 MicrowaveMess wrote:
I wanted to read all through this thread but I had to stop. It is sad to see BW die to the sound of applause by Sc2 fans. My initial reaction was to write a giant wall of text flaming Sc2 but I deleted it. I feel like my best friend just moved. Sure he's not dead but I'll never see him again and it will never be the same. I am fucking speechless I don't know what to write. This is the end so I guess I'm done here. I will be drowning my sorrows on ladder tonight.


There were maybe 2 people in this thread who applauded...
The Notorious Winkles
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft32
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 84
ViBE74
PiGStarcraft32
SpeCial 15
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 172
Hyuk 58
Noble 50
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm144
League of Legends
Doublelift4393
Counter-Strike
minikerr6
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox195
Mew2King67
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5057
Khaldor737
Other Games
summit1g8387
FrodaN1943
Coldzera 775
shahzam513
JimRising 365
C9.Mang0285
KnowMe227
ZombieGrub94
ArmadaUGS68
Trikslyr42
PPMD33
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick489
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH366
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21070
Other Games
• imaqtpie768
• Shiphtur184
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 51m
Online Event
11h 51m
FEL
16h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.