• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:54
CEST 06:54
KST 13:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7730 users

Top 50 streamers in May 2012

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-01 19:25:00
June 01 2012 14:38 GMT
#1
After the positive feedback I got from my last thread, I decided to keep you guys updated with a list of the most popular streamers from the last month. So, welcome to the first regular installment of the top 50 streamers list!

For those who didn't read the last thread, a few words about my methodology: I'm running a script that regularly (every 15 minutes) grabs various information about every stream that is available from teamliquid.net, put the data in a database and turn it into the fancy table that you see below. Since the last time I've made various updates to my script. For one, I don't use www.teamliquid.net as my main source of data gathering anymore, since I found out that the data I want is available in XML form. That kinda made things a whole lot easier. The XML version also has a lot more data (like race, language, featured status, etc.) that I now use for my table as well. Another update I implemented makes sure that only Starcraft 2 related streams are taken into account when creating the table. I kinda had to do that because half of the pro gamers have been playing (and streaming) nothing but Diablo 3 recently. Another minor adjustment is that a streamer now has to stream at least 2.5 hours in a month before being included in the list.

So, without further ado, here it is!

Actually, one last thing: I compare the below table to the results from April 2012 for consistency's sake, which is not the same as the table I presented in my last thread, as that one contained results from a few days in May as well. You can see the table I used for comparison here, there's only minor differences compared to the table in the previous thread. Also note that these numbers are for May 2012 only, so don't complain that Stephano once had a higher peak viewership. Yeah, he did, but not last month.

EDIT: I guess I should also mention that this list only contains players, and not casters like Day9 or group/event streams, in case that isn't obvious.

[image loading]
(Full HTML version here! Includes "Featured" column which took too much space to be included here.)
Edit: Some people demanded a ranking sorted by average viewers*streaming hours, so I made one. You can find it here.


So there we go. Stephano is the new #1! Gratz! I can't wait for the inevitable Stephano vs. Idra debate to come up again. As you can see from the numbers, though, they are still pretty damn close and far more popular than any other streamer, so I wouldn't say that that result is saying much at all. They're both pretty darn popular streamers, just like they were last month. Let's leave it at that.

What is potentially saying a lot, though, are the viewer diffs. Numbers are down across the board, at times quite massively. Nearly everyone in the top 10 lost about 1000 viewers in the last month. I honestly have no idea why this is the case, and whether this is an indication of a trend or not. I sure hope it isn't, but we'll see whether the trend continues next month, I suppose.

Another thing that surprised me is the number of new streamers in the list. There's about 20 new names here, and the last 20 spots are almost completely filled with new faces. Why's that? Sure, some of the streamers simply lost too many viewers, but nearly half of the streamers who got kicked out of the top 50 list got kicked out because they did not stream at all last month. TaeJa last streamed on April 25, Alicia on April 24, Jjakji on April 17, and so on. It seems that streaming, for the most part, is pretty short lived and not a regular thing for some pros.

Some other random observations:
  • Race count: 18 Zerg, 18 Protoss, 13 Terran, 1 Random.
  • I wasn't sure if I should include Apollo or not, since he's a caster, not a player. I eventually decided for it, since he's been doing nothing but playing ladder games on his stream so far. If he starts casting games, though, he's out again, as there's no reliable way for me to differentiate the two from the data I gather.
  • It may sound rather weird, but I'm quite sure Destiny actually benefited greatly (for the purpose of this list!) from being delisted from Teamliquid. Nearly everyone lost quite some viewers in the last month, and I doubt Destiny was an exception there. But he got delisted, so the last data I have from him is from May 1 (so he barely got into this month's list in the first place). That way, he's not affected by the general downwards trend. I'm curious to see his numbers once he's listed again on TL.
  • On May 01 2012 07:28 Nerchio wrote:
    I want to be on the list! Guess i should be streaming more :D
    (From the previous thread) Congrats, Nerchio, you're on the list! How about a top 35 spot as a goal for this month?
  • There's 4 streamers on the list that do not have featured status on TL: Hui has, as far as I know, a fanbase outside of teamliuqid.net, explaining his success. I don't know about Turuk, Pomi or sLivko, though. So congratz to them for making it into the list!
  • Poor Team Liquid. All of their players suffered heavy losses in their ranking this month. EG, on the other hand, is doing pretty well, all things considered.
  • Congrats to ForGG for being the only teamless player in the list. I hope he finds an awesome team soon!
And, just for funsies, here's the top 10 Diablo 3 streamers on Teamliquid for the past month:

[image loading]
(HTML here)

So, hope y'all enjoyed. Until next month!
teddyoojo
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Germany22369 Posts
June 01 2012 14:41 GMT
#2
the 2gd stream marathon was fantastic 127 hours ^_^
+ its interesting to see that almost every streamer lost viewer
Esports historian since 2000. Creator of 'The Universe' and 'The best scrambled Eggs 2013'. Host of 'Star Wars Marathon 2015'. Thinker of 'teddyoojo's Thoughts'. Earths and Moons leading CS:GO expert. Lord of the Rings.
YouMake
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States262 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-01 14:42:06
June 01 2012 14:41 GMT
#3
It's kind of shocking how little some of the top level people stream, maybe that's just cuz i love watching stephano :/

BTW my god Hui take a 15 minute break once in a while, sleep is good.
It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but all out of bubble gum! - Duke Nukem!
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
June 01 2012 14:43 GMT
#4
D3 really stole a lot of stream viewers this month. It'll be interesting to see if there's a big spike after Anaheim, or if the lack of streaming for this next week will hurt the numbers overall for june.
I'm a gooner.
brokenLoL
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom419 Posts
June 01 2012 14:43 GMT
#5
As long as my nigga Idra is still top 3 its fine.
Save me from myself
Gosi
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Sweden9072 Posts
June 01 2012 14:44 GMT
#6
Damn, so many Code S players streaming now days that they don't even break 2k viewers...

And haven't Destiny dropped alot in avg. viewers? Like a year ago, didn't he have like at least 4k or more pretty much all the time?
[13:40] <Qbek> gosi i dreanmt about you
FallDownMarigold
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3710 Posts
June 01 2012 14:44 GMT
#7
What a badass thing to make. So i'm wondering what it means though, that the majority of top50 streamers have less viewers on average than before (negative values for "viewer diff")? Does this mean there are more streams opening up, so more options and less viewers in general per stream because viewers are now spread more thinly with more options, or are there just less viewers in general? I like to think the viewer base keeps growing in our game
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
June 01 2012 14:46 GMT
#8
Quick note, on your website you got your backslashes and forwardslashes mixed up, so the featureds tdon't show.



Also interesting to see the massive falloff in viewer counts. Could be cos it's finals season, or it could just be cos SC2's declining (naturally). Still shocked to see that big a dip.
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
June 01 2012 14:46 GMT
#9
I feel like a lot of people (myself included) find streaming boring now. For me I'd rather watch almost any tournament than a players stream.
InfusedTT.DaZe
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania693 Posts
June 01 2012 14:48 GMT
#10
hui owning every one in streamed hours again :D 360 +
"Echoes of past events nudge the tiller on my present course, I await its reflection in the future"
ssg
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1779 Posts
June 01 2012 14:48 GMT
#11
Destiny only streamed for 5 hours?
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
June 01 2012 14:53 GMT
#12
MKP did really well considering all he did on stream this month was getting butt kicked on ladder and play replays...
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
Conti
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2516 Posts
June 01 2012 14:54 GMT
#13
On June 01 2012 23:46 bbm wrote:
Quick note, on your website you got your backslashes and forwardslashes mixed up, so the featureds tdon't show.

Whoops, fixed. Thanks!
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
June 01 2012 14:58 GMT
#14
Glad to see Apollo in top 10, he's on now and it's brilliant. Far easier to relate to than some pros and so much good extra stuff, really hope he keeps doing it.

Also very glad to see GD Studio up there, they really are making a name for themselves in everything they turn their hand to, and rightly so. Bring on the SC2 Arena, 2GD casting?! OMG.
@followMVT
Drmooose
Profile Joined March 2011
United States390 Posts
June 01 2012 14:59 GMT
#15
I think you might have your answer in the op on the decline. People might just be watching different streams instead of just the top ten. Also as someone already noted, Diablo3 probably had a big impact. I played d3 instead of watching streams and found watching it incredibly boring...and for about a week that was all anyone was streaming really interesting data though. Thank you!
I have a question...
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
June 01 2012 15:00 GMT
#16
On June 01 2012 23:59 Drmooose wrote:
I think you might have your answer in the op on the decline. People might just be watching different streams instead of just the top ten. Also as someone already noted, Diablo3 probably had a big impact. I played d3 instead of watching streams and found watching it incredibly boring...and for about a week that was all anyone was streaming really interesting data though. Thank you!

Summer as well, i find it more interesting just to go out and grill or enjoy the good weather over watching a stream
Shadow_Dog
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada427 Posts
June 01 2012 15:01 GMT
#17
Destiny doing pretty well considering he was unlisted.
figq
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
12519 Posts
June 01 2012 15:02 GMT
#18
TheGDStudio is not featured yet? <insert random Semmler comment about the chat>
If you stand next to my head, you can hear the ocean. - Day[9]
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
June 01 2012 15:05 GMT
#19
Thanks for the list
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
June 01 2012 15:06 GMT
#20
very nice, is there a way to see more than just the top 50 streamers?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 234
NeuroSwarm 207
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21180
Dewaltoss 142
Bale 45
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Other Games
summit1g12667
JimRising 785
Sick126
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 25
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2108
League of Legends
• Lourlo1169
• Rush756
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 7m
Replay Cast
18h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.