• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:52
CEST 07:52
KST 14:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5605 users

Will "Hating a certain Race" ever go away? - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Irre
Profile Joined August 2010
United States646 Posts
April 17 2012 12:19 GMT
#181
i direct my hate toward blizzard for bad game design...but no it won't ever go away and its really not a problem. If people are going to begrudge you at some local LAN after a game they lost, they are probably not worth your time.
Digitalis
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1043 Posts
April 17 2012 12:24 GMT
#182
On April 17 2012 12:56 Amaterasu1234 wrote:
I just say I hate protoss players 'cause they chose the easy race...

I don't actually mean any of it.

I understand that it takes skill to play the race...but with how they roll me like I'm a scrub, I have to lash out somehow...'cause I think it's dumb how 5 colossi make it look like I picked up the game two days ago...


this sums up my feelings pretty well
Darkong
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
April 17 2012 13:47 GMT
#183
Hating the other race(s) has been a part of RTS games since the beginning. I used to play the original Warcraft and Command and Conquer games back in the day and knew people who used to side only with one race/faction and hated the other in very much the same manner as goes on in SC and SC2. It's become a bit like team rivalry in football and, sadly, never goes away.
Trolling the Battle.Net forums, the most fun you can have with your pants on.
KrazyTrumpet
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2520 Posts
April 17 2012 13:53 GMT
#184
Sure, once Zerg stops being completely OP.
www.twitch.tv/krazy Best Stream Quality NA @KClarkSC2
Antares_
Profile Joined October 2011
Poland269 Posts
April 17 2012 13:56 GMT
#185
StarCraft 2 is about war. If you are on war you have to hate your enemies. If you don't, then it loses it's sense.
If you make no mistake, yet still lose - you don't understand the game. Spiral out, keep going.
KeksX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany3634 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 14:03:28
April 17 2012 13:57 GMT
#186
On April 17 2012 22:56 Zeetox wrote:
StarCraft 2 is about war. If you are on war you have to hate your enemies. If you don't, then it loses it's sense.

That would mean you should hate yourself in a mirror match.

EDIT:
Given you are not talking about players but gameraces.
ROOTheognis
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States4482 Posts
April 17 2012 13:57 GMT
#187
Did people really still hate the other races in BW? I was a long-time Broodwar player and I honestly didn't experience much racism as I do in SC2. I experienced more ad-hominem attacks than anything in BW :D
If you avoid your weakness, it will remain your weakness. www.twitter.com/#!/rootheognis Follow me!
Saiton
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden467 Posts
April 17 2012 13:59 GMT
#188
No, it's all part of the fun.
Top diamond terran streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/saitontv
Naxx
Profile Joined July 2011
South Africa33 Posts
April 17 2012 14:00 GMT
#189
Maybe when protoss get more than 70 apm in high master i will try to get some respect
FUCK U
Roachu
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden692 Posts
April 17 2012 14:02 GMT
#190
Haha Starcraft racism. I don't know but I rarely encounter race specific hate (sure a lot of rage quitters) but never to the "fucking protoss faggot" extent. But I can understand people getting really salty after a losing streak and since it's the interwebz, a personal insult easily slips out. I just rage quit without gg if I'm that angry.
Don't be asshats
Tyree
Profile Joined November 2010
1508 Posts
April 17 2012 14:05 GMT
#191
Its a part of every competitive online community, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (the "main" SF2 version) that people play in tournaments to this day hate Guile and Dhalsim characters/players. People in Quake 1 hated the Rocket Launcher and anyone who used it. AWP in Counter Strike. In WoW it was Rogues until Death Knights came with WotLK

There is always hate and "rivalries" going on, i remember i always cheered for BW Protoss because to me they were the underdogs for a long time and i was always drawn to players such as Intotherain and Garimto.

In single player games i dont think you really see that, sometimes we have annoying fucking characters, like the ones in newer Zeldas that cannot shut the hell up and constantly annoy you, but its usually in competitive online games this happens.
★ Top Gun ★
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
April 17 2012 14:05 GMT
#192
nope, everyone is gonna hate the race they can't beat cause they feel like its imba. Its how it is with every game. Theres something people can't deal with and they will hate it.
Carl_Sagan
Profile Joined March 2010
United States226 Posts
April 17 2012 14:42 GMT
#193
On April 17 2012 23:00 Naxx wrote:
Maybe when protoss get more than 70 apm in high master i will try to get some respect


Congratulations, you're 5 years old.

See, Idra is such an inspiration to aspiring gamers everywhere, with his attitude that keeps e-sports squarely in the realm of the mind-numbingly immature.
archonOOid
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1983 Posts
April 17 2012 14:47 GMT
#194
It will continue as long as Blizzard is patching the game because it's a definitive sign of imbalances.
I'm Quotable (IQ)
RJGooner
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-17 14:51:40
April 17 2012 14:50 GMT
#195
Why would I blame myself for losing when I can blame Protoss for being a cheesy-ass easy to play race?

^^ This is why race hate will never go away. And good too because fuck Protoss.
#1 Jaehoon Fan! 김재훈 화팅!
algue
Profile Joined July 2011
France1436 Posts
April 17 2012 14:51 GMT
#196
I hate protoss so much. nothing with balance , I just hate them
rly ?
Excludos
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway8279 Posts
April 17 2012 14:51 GMT
#197
On April 17 2012 23:42 Carl_Sagan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2012 23:00 Naxx wrote:
Maybe when protoss get more than 70 apm in high master i will try to get some respect


Congratulations, you're 5 years old.

See, Idra is such an inspiration to aspiring gamers everywhere, with his attitude that keeps e-sports squarely in the realm of the mind-numbingly immature.


But that is part of the fun. If there never was any BM in pro gaming, I think it would be a fairly boring place. Everyone needs someone they love to hate, or hate to love.
shockaslim
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1105 Posts
April 17 2012 14:55 GMT
#198
I will quote Jinro. "I only hate Protoss after I lose to them."
Dirty Deeds...DONE DIRT CHEAP!!!
niilzon
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium105 Posts
April 17 2012 15:03 GMT
#199
To the OP : you can improve your chances of having a friendly match by inserting a friendly smiley after your opening-game-statment.

Example : "hf gg "
Even better : "hi" ==> "hf gg ! "

Personally I now add smileys and punctuation like this when I wish fun for my opponent, and the response IS REALLY better than without it. I also feel better when my opponent is the first to type something and inserts a smiley, or says "hi" before the usual "hf gl gg" statement, so I think that it is natural that most other players react like I do.
It works, try it out (EU server, masters level, if it matters)
Niteblade_
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada292 Posts
April 17 2012 15:07 GMT
#200
Its not really a matter of will this ever dissappear from starcraft, so much as will it dissappear from the human mentality. That is that we like comfort and acceptance and are opposed to feeling uncomfortable (because back in the day, when you were feeling "uncomfortable" it usually meant you were in a life or death situation). And society has just become lazy, (especially western society), where is it is so much easier to lay the blame on something else "Hmmmph, that P/Z/T just beat me because his race is imbalanced" as opposed to "wow, I was out-played that game, maybe I should look into whatever flaw I had in my gameplay that caused that loss". Self-reflection is not a big thing in our society because the Ego is.

So will it go away? No, not likely. Best you can do is just find a group of friends who feel the same way as you and play with them. And at tournaments? Don't worry about how others feel, its got nothing to do with you its just how people deal with things.

And btw, if you think the SC2 community is bad, you should play HoN or DotA. Probably the worst gaming community ever rofl.
"As Dendi and xboct were walking off stage, I hope Dendi was saying 'Man I can't believe we won that game that way, we are such a bunch of assholes"- James "2GD" Harding on Na'vi vs Tongfu
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 129
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2288
GuemChi 611
Snow 142
Leta 134
Bale 28
Noble 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto21
League of Legends
JimRising 620
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King178
Other Games
summit1g7116
C9.Mang0255
WinterStarcraft208
Sick161
ViBE82
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick497
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2172
League of Legends
• Lourlo1366
• Stunt442
Other Games
• Shiphtur485
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 8m
Patches Events
10h 8m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.