• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8710 users

My statement and apologies - Page 69

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 73 Next
LF9
Profile Joined November 2009
United States537 Posts
March 14 2012 18:38 GMT
#1361
On March 09 2012 13:18 absalom86 wrote:
Personally I don't think you have anything to apologize for, but I respect you for it anyways.

EG's hypocritical approach to the issue is something that worries me on the other hand, and should be addressed by the community if others feel the same.

I feel the same. I hated orb before this event because I disliked his casting and his (to me) irritating voice, but the pretentious and statement by Alex "pompous douchebag" Garfield was just laughable and the fact that orb was victimized by a vengeful community hiding behind their collective computer screens and subsequently fired by an organization that he had ZERO affiliation with at the time he said what he said is ridiculous. I support orb 110% now, after WANTING him fired, but just for his casting (lol), I now despise EG for this. They will end up as the bad guy when all the dust settles, not Orb. Moral of the story to team owners: STOP TAKING REDDIT KIDDIES SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

And this begs the question from me personally: yes, I use a smurf account on TL because I would rather not have people who who I really am and the extent of my RTS history and experience, but nonetheless, if I sign with a team in SC2, would I then have to worry about whether or not a long battle with drug addiction in my past would come back to bite me in the ass and get me fired? This is really what needs to be addressed; all of this "after the fact" shit. Fire me for a heroin addiction I kicked 4 years before joining your team? Fire me for smoking pot in 6th grade? For stealing cigarettes when I was 8 years old and smoking them? How far back does all this go? Shit, if all this flies, no matter how good I may potentially become, I'll never get signed by a team. Hopefully it's just EG showing this level of over-zealousness.
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
March 14 2012 18:46 GMT
#1362
On March 12 2012 15:40 Mrvoodoochild1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2012 15:23 13_Doomblaze_37 wrote:
On March 12 2012 14:01 Xenocryst wrote:
Its not the BM thats important. but the N-word has so much tension and pain affiliated with it that in no way is it EVER acceptable


Unless you're black.

We live in a society of double standards, its how America runs. Unfortunately, orb is not black, so he does not have free reign to say nigger whenever he wants to.

That's not a double standard. White people can say cracker and black people can say nigger and not be racist. It would be a double standard if white people could say both words and blacks could not, that would be a double standard.



African Americans can say both of those words and not get into trouble. Meanwhile Caucasian Americans can only say one of those (guess which one?) and not get into trouble. That's a pretty big double standard (reverse racism/apologetic politically correct culture) if you ask me.
Mr.F.
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States62 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 18:56:52
March 14 2012 18:55 GMT
#1363
On March 15 2012 03:38 LF9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 13:18 absalom86 wrote:
Personally I don't think you have anything to apologize for, but I respect you for it anyways.

EG's hypocritical approach to the issue is something that worries me on the other hand, and should be addressed by the community if others feel the same.

I feel the same. I hated orb before this event because I disliked his casting and his (to me) irritating voice, but the pretentious and statement by Alex "pompous douchebag" Garfield was just laughable and the fact that orb was victimized by a vengeful community hiding behind their collective computer screens and subsequently fired by an organization that he had ZERO affiliation with at the time he said what he said is ridiculous. I support orb 110% now, after WANTING him fired, but just for his casting (lol), I now despise EG for this. They will end up as the bad guy when all the dust settles, not Orb. Moral of the story to team owners: STOP TAKING REDDIT KIDDIES SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

And this begs the question from me personally: yes, I use a smurf account on TL because I would rather not have people who who I really am and the extent of my RTS history and experience, but nonetheless, if I sign with a team in SC2, would I then have to worry about whether or not a long battle with drug addiction in my past would come back to bite me in the ass and get me fired? This is really what needs to be addressed; all of this "after the fact" shit. Fire me for a heroin addiction I kicked 4 years before joining your team? Fire me for smoking pot in 6th grade? For stealing cigarettes when I was 8 years old and smoking them? How far back does all this go? Shit, if all this flies, no matter how good I may potentially become, I'll never get signed by a team. Hopefully it's just EG showing this level of over-zealousness.


i think EG's stance was that people complained to the sponsors, and if that makes the sponsors pull sponsorships from EG and EG loses money, then ya, they have to do something about it. you make it sound like EG is solely judging orb for what he did based on a reddit witch-hunt, and firing him for his actions, rather than firing him for the potential consequences of supporting him (e.g. EG losing sponsors).

edit: sorry, i meant to say that's not EG's only reason, but a big factor in the decision.
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
March 14 2012 19:21 GMT
#1364
On March 15 2012 03:38 LF9 wrote:
STOP TAKING REDDIT KIDDIES SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

You know, I was thinking in my seat for a good minute about what I wanted to post, but you took the words right out of my mouth (fingers?).
yaxv
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark50 Posts
March 14 2012 19:58 GMT
#1365
Orb, you were a great caster. Too bad someone had to dig your past. :-(
lIlIlIlIlIlI
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Korea (South)3851 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-14 20:45:11
March 14 2012 20:45 GMT
#1366
--- Nuked ---
BeeNu
Profile Joined June 2011
615 Posts
March 14 2012 23:18 GMT
#1367
On March 15 2012 05:45 randomKo_Orean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 04:58 yaxv wrote:
Orb, you were a great caster. Too bad someone had to dig your past. :-(

There's a difference between "digging [someone's] past" and getting caught for doing it consistently and on regular basis then make excuses for it every time, getting a free pass for all these time for being a gigantic douchebag.


Are we talking about Idra or Orb? I keep getting confused.
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
March 14 2012 23:25 GMT
#1368
On March 15 2012 08:18 BeeNu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 05:45 randomKo_Orean wrote:
On March 15 2012 04:58 yaxv wrote:
Orb, you were a great caster. Too bad someone had to dig your past. :-(

There's a difference between "digging [someone's] past" and getting caught for doing it consistently and on regular basis then make excuses for it every time, getting a free pass for all these time for being a gigantic douchebag.


Are we talking about Idra or Orb? I keep getting confused.

the one who actually said something bad enough to get punished for
TrickyGilligan
Profile Joined September 2010
United States641 Posts
March 14 2012 23:48 GMT
#1369
On March 15 2012 08:25 Forikorder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 08:18 BeeNu wrote:
On March 15 2012 05:45 randomKo_Orean wrote:
On March 15 2012 04:58 yaxv wrote:
Orb, you were a great caster. Too bad someone had to dig your past. :-(

There's a difference between "digging [someone's] past" and getting caught for doing it consistently and on regular basis then make excuses for it every time, getting a free pass for all these time for being a gigantic douchebag.


Are we talking about Idra or Orb? I keep getting confused.

the one who actually said something bad enough to get punished for


Yes, Orb was punished and Idra wasn't, therefore what Orb did was obviously worse.

Your logic is fucking terrible.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it." -Groucho Marx
Kaien
Profile Joined August 2011
Belgium178 Posts
March 14 2012 23:52 GMT
#1370
On March 10 2012 21:42 tskarzyn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 21:39 Kaien wrote:
EG overreacted and the team (not the players) lost a lot of respect in my book
ppl shouldnt be offended so easly. Honestly, if you were offended by what orb said, your a cry baby.

But then there are also some ppl who say they are offended or would be if they were black, those drama queens are even worse.

Honestly, i have been bullied and mocked at quite a lot in real life but i always laughed it off and never really cared for anything they said.


Serious question, do you work or are you in school? And if you work, what would your company do if you used the same language in a place where many others could not only see/hear it but record it?


When you have a new work place, will you get fired for something that you said in public, a long time ago before you were hired?
Forikorder
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada8840 Posts
March 15 2012 00:00 GMT
#1371
On March 15 2012 08:48 TrickyGilligan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 08:25 Forikorder wrote:
On March 15 2012 08:18 BeeNu wrote:
On March 15 2012 05:45 randomKo_Orean wrote:
On March 15 2012 04:58 yaxv wrote:
Orb, you were a great caster. Too bad someone had to dig your past. :-(

There's a difference between "digging [someone's] past" and getting caught for doing it consistently and on regular basis then make excuses for it every time, getting a free pass for all these time for being a gigantic douchebag.


Are we talking about Idra or Orb? I keep getting confused.

the one who actually said something bad enough to get punished for


Yes, Orb was punished and Idra wasn't, therefore what Orb did was obviously worse.

Your logic is fucking terrible.

i dont get it, how can you not realise how worse Orbs language was compared to IdrAs?
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 00:04:19
March 15 2012 00:03 GMT
#1372
On March 15 2012 03:38 LF9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2012 13:18 absalom86 wrote:
Personally I don't think you have anything to apologize for, but I respect you for it anyways.

EG's hypocritical approach to the issue is something that worries me on the other hand, and should be addressed by the community if others feel the same.

I feel the same. I hated orb before this event because I disliked his casting and his (to me) irritating voice, but the pretentious and statement by Alex "pompous douchebag" Garfield was just laughable and the fact that orb was victimized by a vengeful community hiding behind their collective computer screens and subsequently fired by an organization that he had ZERO affiliation with at the time he said what he said is ridiculous. I support orb 110% now, after WANTING him fired, but just for his casting (lol), I now despise EG for this. They will end up as the bad guy when all the dust settles, not Orb. Moral of the story to team owners: STOP TAKING REDDIT KIDDIES SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY.

And this begs the question from me personally: yes, I use a smurf account on TL because I would rather not have people who who I really am and the extent of my RTS history and experience, but nonetheless, if I sign with a team in SC2, would I then have to worry about whether or not a long battle with drug addiction in my past would come back to bite me in the ass and get me fired? This is really what needs to be addressed; all of this "after the fact" shit. Fire me for a heroin addiction I kicked 4 years before joining your team? Fire me for smoking pot in 6th grade? For stealing cigarettes when I was 8 years old and smoking them? How far back does all this go? Shit, if all this flies, no matter how good I may potentially become, I'll never get signed by a team. Hopefully it's just EG showing this level of over-zealousness.


Your points against orb I can agree with, your logic on EG I feel is greatly lacking understanding of how money or leave life works. If any companies client base protested in mass about something and with a large enough movement towards it most companies / sponsors will listen and take action... Not understanding this and EG having not much of a choice if they wanted to keep that sponsor is how they chose their action. Let me put this for you to understand easier ^^

Sponsors > orb simple as that.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
Bkennedy
Profile Joined April 2011
United States266 Posts
March 15 2012 00:17 GMT
#1373
Guys, I support Orb and all. But stop bringing IdrA up.

Fact: Idra is Idra, Orb is Orb. Idra can say WHATEVER he wants and he won't be released anywhere nearly as easily, because he's fucking IDRA. You can't easily replace people like that, he brings in so much more than takes away.
Mentalizor
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1596 Posts
March 15 2012 00:46 GMT
#1374
On March 15 2012 08:52 Kaien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2012 21:42 tskarzyn wrote:
On March 10 2012 21:39 Kaien wrote:
EG overreacted and the team (not the players) lost a lot of respect in my book
ppl shouldnt be offended so easly. Honestly, if you were offended by what orb said, your a cry baby.

But then there are also some ppl who say they are offended or would be if they were black, those drama queens are even worse.

Honestly, i have been bullied and mocked at quite a lot in real life but i always laughed it off and never really cared for anything they said.


Serious question, do you work or are you in school? And if you work, what would your company do if you used the same language in a place where many others could not only see/hear it but record it?


When you have a new work place, will you get fired for something that you said in public, a long time ago before you were hired?


When you're a public person? Yeah, definitely. When you should be the face of your company to several thousands of viewers at least once a week you can't be someone calling the n-word out in public.
(yಠ,ಠ)y - Y U NO ALL IN? - rtsAlaran: " I somehow sit inside the bus.Hot_Bit giving me a massage"
KrsOne
Profile Joined March 2011
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-15 01:53:03
March 15 2012 01:46 GMT
#1375
Edit: not relevant
Life is to short so love the one you got, cause you might get run over or you might get shot-Sublime
SCSChimera
Profile Joined March 2012
United States10 Posts
March 15 2012 01:55 GMT
#1376
Tough decision but I think that this may have had more to do with Orb's ratings than anything else.
@SCSChimera on Twitter, add me and I'll add you!
theorybiscuit
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada117 Posts
March 15 2012 02:23 GMT
#1377
Don't shit where you eat. I'm another fan gone behind this racist garbage.

Every day I play games where I win and get called nigger, faggot, etc. Getting tired of it being perpetuated at even the highest level. Manner up and be smart. One day, you'll get another opportunity, and if you've learned from this opportunity (and it IS an opportunity, even if it is lost), then perhaps you'll be more careful with your next one.
An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. ~Jef Mallett
Angelbelow
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3728 Posts
March 15 2012 02:46 GMT
#1378
Hope Orb supporters are tuning into SoTG to hear his comments. He makes a lot of great points especially about sponsorships.
You may delay, but time will not. Current Music obsession: Opeth
FlyingDike
Profile Joined December 2011
United States221 Posts
March 15 2012 02:48 GMT
#1379
I hope Orb realizes Flash is unimpressed and apologizes more.
MaV_gGSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1345 Posts
March 15 2012 02:59 GMT
#1380
On March 15 2012 11:48 FlyingDike wrote:
I hope Orb realizes Flash is unimpressed and apologizes more.


Don't spread the meme or the mods ill close the original thread!!! :O
Life's good :D
Prev 1 67 68 69 70 71 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM869
TKL 384
TaKeTV 314
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 869
TKL 384
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 168
BRAT_OK 126
UpATreeSC 93
MindelVK 22
EmSc Tv 17
JuggernautJason9
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 726
ggaemo 177
firebathero 136
White-Ra 122
910 59
Barracks 58
Hyun 37
Trap 33
Killer 26
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 17
Shine 14
soO 14
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva4774
Counter-Strike
Fnx 765
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6929
crisheroes1677
Liquid`Hasu1526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3641
singsing1494
Beastyqt752
ceh9653
B2W.Neo511
ArmadaUGS188
C9.Mang0126
KnowMe86
Trikslyr49
Dewaltoss44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream432
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 71
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• 80smullet 14
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2070
• TFBlade849
Other Games
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 31m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.