• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:13
CEST 05:13
KST 12:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7959 users

My statement and apologies

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 71 72 73 Next
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 06:36:33
March 09 2012 04:14 GMT
#1
I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to the community, Evil Geniuses, and all associated sponsors. When I made the hurtful and offensive comments seen on screenshots on reddit/etc, I was not in a proper state of mind. My judgement was clouded by anger, rage, and frustration, and I thought the offensive language would be interpreted as comedy and venting rather than legitimate world views of mine. Clearly I was wrong, and I am so very sorry to anyone I offended. If there is one thing I could hope for here, it's that EG's brand and sponsors will not be harmed by my thoughtless actions. I never dreamed when I was BMing that I would one day represent EG (as all of this offensive BM was from before I had joined EG), but this obviously does not excuse me.

I want to make absolutely clear that I am not a racist. The accusations against me could not be farther from the truth. The 'N word' was used in a replacable fashion, in that any other curse word would have held the exact same meaning for me. I understand now, however, that this doesn't hold true for all members of the community. For any I truly offended, I am sorry for offending you. I judge people based on who they are, not the color of their skin, and I would challenge anyone to debate me on this matter. I have never once held any bit of racism in my heart, but it's understandable that when I wear some of it on my sleeve people assume it extends to my heart. I hope each and every one of you can understand that while I use offensive language when my emotions get the better of me, I do not stand by the language I use. It was a mistake, plain and simple. One that I will not soon forget.

From the community, forgetting is what I dream of, forgiveness is what I hope for, but understanding is what I need.

We all have regrets from our past, and you can bet this mistake of mine will be regretted for the rest of my life.

I also want to extend my most gracious thanks and appreciation for EG and everyone involved. Never have I worked for a company I enjoyed working with so much. I was having the best time of my life before this incident reared its ugly head, so I want to thank them for providing me with that opportunity. It's a shame I had to ruin this for myself before it even started, but hopefully one day, in the future, forgiveness will allow me to return to casting. All I have ever wanted in the SC2 scene was to provide entertainment and education for the community and viewers, and I have failed at that.

My sincerest apologies,
Jake "orb" Sklarew

Edit: I wanted to add something to this post due to something many of the responses have been touching on. Many people think that the fact that I have used this awful word in the past means that the first screenshot submitted was in fact myself, and that I lied to the community. This is simply not true. The first screenshot submitted, that I claimed was not me, was in fact not me. My original story still stands, the difference is that as soon as that screenshot came out on reddit, everyone started scrubbing through replays against me and all of my vods, searching for something to prove I am in fact racist. Thus the screenshots from statements I made 1+ year ago surfaced on reddit. Notice as soon as the first of these screenshots was released, I immediately owned up and apologized (as seen here). All of the evidence of me using the N word (which again, was 100% wrong by me) was from old screenshots/vods way before I was even talking to the EG guys, let alone representing them. Sorry for the confusion, I hope this clears up the issue with my perceived "dishonesty." Note in Alex Garfield's statement the supposed "lying" wasn't even an issue, rather just my actions and poor judgement.
As for the lateness in my final apology here and the accusations that I am only doing it now that EG has fired me, I was actually told specifically by EG management not to make any statements (on twitter, teamliquid, or reddit) until they had decided what to do about it and made their own statement. Sorry for this causing any doubt for people as to whether or not my apology is sincere!
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
Synche
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1345 Posts
March 09 2012 04:15 GMT
#2
We'll forgive you orb, at least I do.

I think this is a bit of growing pains for the whole community as we get more mainstream.
hnim
Profile Joined July 2011
United States86 Posts
March 09 2012 04:16 GMT
#3
The ladder does bring out the worst in people, that's for sure.
Mvp fanboy
ranshaked
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States870 Posts
March 09 2012 04:16 GMT
#4
That's a good start. Good luck with future endeavors and I hope you learned from your mistakes
Kich
Profile Joined April 2011
United States339 Posts
March 09 2012 04:16 GMT
#5
I don't think anyone actually believes you're a racist. The language is just unacceptable, and I think at it's core, that's all people were trying to get across.
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 04:18:02
March 09 2012 04:16 GMT
#6
As a black Starcraft 2 player, I respect your apology decision. We all make mistakes. Hopefully EG will accept you back soon.
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Parodoxx
Profile Joined May 2010
United States549 Posts
March 09 2012 04:17 GMT
#7
Thanks for the post sorry the community was a being a bitch about things.
Also feel bad for EG that people felt they needed to attack the entire payroll of a team to feel justified.
Oreo7
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1647 Posts
March 09 2012 04:17 GMT
#8
Hopefully you can take this shitstorm as a lesson - what you say, do and act all has consequences that are at times unpredictable, so be careful. I have faith you will stick around in this scene - you are a good caster, just need to learn to control your anger and maybe respect others a little more.
Stork HerO and Protoss everywhere - redfive on bnet
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
March 09 2012 04:17 GMT
#9
Thanks reddit, thanks again.
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
March 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#10
Shitty situation for everyone involved, good luck bro TT
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
Utinni
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1196 Posts
March 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#11
Be more professional, that is all the advice I can give.

If you had apologized initially this would not have snowballed like it had.

I am sorry but you lost a fan after this mess.
“... you don’t have to be Sun freakin Tzu to know that real fighting isn’t about killing or even hurting the other guy, it’s about scaring him enough to call it a day.” - Max Brooks: World War Z
cluedo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom25 Posts
March 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#12
Everyone makes mistakes. I think lots of us just wanted an apology.

Forgiven, and good luck with your future.
absalom86
Profile Joined April 2010
Iceland1770 Posts
March 09 2012 04:18 GMT
#13
Personally I don't think you have anything to apologize for, but I respect you for it anyways.

EG's hypocritical approach to the issue is something that worries me on the other hand, and should be addressed by the community if others feel the same.
Thief @ #teamliquid @ Quakenet
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
March 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#14
You are a great caster. It's a shame you were ruined by some kids that were jealous of your success.
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
1sz2sz3sz
Profile Joined January 2012
Andorra173 Posts
March 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#15
I for one hope you arent given the priviledge to cast for anyone ever again, after finding out that you have no issues insulting people with racial slurs is just disgusting
pepsimaxibon
Profile Joined March 2011
61 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-30 15:50:36
March 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#16
holycrapitsTony
Profile Joined October 2010
United States330 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 04:23:24
March 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#17
It's okay, orb. You'll be back to screaming obscenities at people who beat you on the ladder in no time. Walk it off, champ. ♥
NYE: when the match loading screen comes up "zvz" it's like finding out you have hiv
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
March 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#18
Sorry to see what happened to you man.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Hiltonizer
Profile Joined June 2011
United States16 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 04:20:52
March 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#19
<3 Orb
sam!zdat
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5559 Posts
March 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#20
I'm sorry this happened to you.

Nobody thinks you are a racist.

I think there will be other opportunities for you.
shikata ga nai
1 2 3 4 5 71 72 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 192
Bale 22
Terrorterran 17
Noble 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm218
League of Legends
JimRising 773
Counter-Strike
taco 379
Other Games
summit1g12146
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1285
BasetradeTV182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream61
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo589
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 47m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 47m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 47m
Replay Cast
19h 47m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.