• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8190 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S1 CodeS RO32 Group F Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Clefairy
Profile Joined September 2011
1570 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 10:38:16
January 17 2012 14:23 GMT
#1
First place
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

It's been 3 seasons since you last made it to the Ro16.

I had to face a lot of team mates in my group. Players from other teams say they don't like team kills, but personally it doesn't bother me much. When we all give up gaming we'll be strangers anyway (laugh). It was better for me facing team mates I am close with because I could do harsher ceremonies.

You came out as the top player of MVP with 4 straight wins.

DRG is too overrated because of GSTL (laugh). I guess he wins too much to say he's overrated, but he's still no match for me.
I was more worried about sC than DRG since he's Terran. I thought I'd lose on Daybreak but I think I won because he chose to engage me.

You played extremely well. Do you think it was because you were facing your team mates?

I think that played a big part. Since they're team mates that I know well it was easy to prepare and plan things out. It was probably the same situation for my opponents but I just did what I needed to do based off what I know about them. Weirdly enough, I didn't practice much but the games turned out well.

Your ceremonies after winning were memorable. Did you prepare them?

Since they're team mates that I am friends with and comfortable with I did do some preparing. I thought I might as well entertain the fans with some fun. I wanted to show that team kills can be fun as well.

Why did you slump after reaching the Ro8?

I became less competitive. I think that I became satisfied with just staying in Code S and being able to play in the highest league. However after Blizzcon, my father's nagging got worse. I changed my goal to becoming champion.

Does that mean your goal for this season is to win?

For now it's to make it to the finals. I want to play at an outdoor venue for the finals.

What is your goal for 2012?

I don't really care about things like New Years and holidays. I haven't thought of anything special. I think I'd just be satisfied with winning once this year. That and staying in Code S. Then maybe I could try winning again after pulling myself together somewhere along the line?

You don't seem like your old self. Why is that?

Back then I was undeniably a top player. I had earned it [the right to be complacent]. Now that I'm not very good I need to be more modest. But if I win then I might change again. Who knows?

Any last words?

Thanks to Sleep, Galaxy and Life for helping me practice a bit, and thanks to Monster and Sniper for helping me when DRG was sleeping. Those two said they helped me because they couldn't stand the sight of DRG (laugh).

Source: ThisIsGame


Second place
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

It's been two seasons since you last made it to the Ro16.

I'm not too happy. It's because the Ro16 isn't a good result. I feel like I just made it past one hurdle.

You survived among your 3 team mates.

I'm happy but I'm also really sorry to sC. I'll do my best for sC's sake.

You lost convincingly to Genius in your first game. What do you think was the cause?

It really was a convincing loss. Genius isn't the type to poke or go for a killing move so I started out greedy. But I lost anti-climatically and had a mental breakdown. From there on I started stumbling. I think Genius planned well.

Genius said you were overrated in his interview.

Nope. Genius is multiple times more overrated than me. He plays strangely well during Ro32 in Code S but the bubbles will fade in the Ro16. It's always been this way. When he gets past the Ro32, it's over for Genius.

You faced JYP who is a PvZ specialist in the loser's match but won easily.

JYP's condition today didn't look very good. I felt like he self destructed. That allowed the games to go the way I wanted.

In the final series you had a great match with sC.

After I won the ZvP easily, sC did something cute. After I shut down his proxy 2 rax the game went smoothly. But in the second set I got hit by Hellions. I predicted it and put down a lot of spine crawlers but I made a mistake in my sim city.
In the final set sC's attack was sharp and relentless so I thought I would lose, but as I held it off an opportunity presented itself. I asked sC after the match and he said he forgot to get upgrades from his Engineering Bay. I was lucky.

After you won King of Kong I was in awe of your play. Is it still that way?

Not anymore (laugh). I practiced a lot after that but these are tough times for Zerg. I asked for advice from NesTea and he also said he's having a hard time. ZvT and ZvP are both difficult. I think Terrans and Protoss have figured out how to beat a Zerg too well.
There are only 3 Zergs in the Ro16. It's ridiculous. It's so hard to play. The maps play a part as does the balance, it feels like I'm dying.

Group nominations start from the Ro16 this season. Do you think you'll be picked first?

I think so. It feels like NesTea is after me. I really hope that's not the case. There's too few Zergs already, for the sake of the league's success I hope he decides to share his infinite generosity.

Code S Ro16 is your best result. Are you confident you'll be able to make it further this season?

I don't know. It's tough as Zerg, and the maps aren't good, and all the strong players are left over. I can't guarantee it but I'll do my best. But I think it will be hard. I'll need some luck.

Any last words?

Thanks to my team mates who helped me practice. After reading Genius' interview it seems like Monster and Sniper helped him practice. I'm really disappointed. How could you do that when I'm right beside you? I promise to get my revenge from now on. I won't let them get away with this.
I'm also sorry to sC. I hope he gets back into Code S. Lastly thanks to my parents and all my fans who cheer me on. A fan gave me chocolates as a present today. Thank you so much.

Source: ThisIsGame


Snapshot together
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
ElusoryX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Singapore2047 Posts
January 17 2012 14:27 GMT
#2
genius being so bm xD and drg ranting about monster and sniper! cool interview from the two guys haha. thanks for the translation!
xd
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
January 17 2012 14:28 GMT
#3
LOL even in term of Interview MVP still kill it
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 14:29:10
January 17 2012 14:28 GMT
#4
I was waiting for the interviewer to say "Both of you are overrated" hahaha.
I hate all this singing
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
January 17 2012 14:30 GMT
#5
Haha these guys are awesome.
Zeburial
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Sweden1126 Posts
January 17 2012 14:35 GMT
#6
Haha Genius' interview is golden. I really like it!
Empires are not brought down by outside forces - they are destroyed by weaknesses from within
redloser
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)1751 Posts
January 17 2012 14:40 GMT
#7
DRG and Genius BMing each other like crazy LOL
vanhio
Profile Joined November 2010
Niue1017 Posts
January 17 2012 14:41 GMT
#8
Rofl Genius =D
zul
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany5427 Posts
January 17 2012 14:42 GMT
#9
I`m happy those two advanced thanks for the translation.
keep it deep! @zulison
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
January 17 2012 14:49 GMT
#10
Someone must post that pic of DRG and Genius, I think it's quite fitting ^^
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
NeWeNiyaLord
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway2474 Posts
January 17 2012 14:51 GMT
#11
Wow bm'ing eachother :O And Genius sounds like a prick
This is where we begin. Show your true self, Battosai.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
January 17 2012 14:53 GMT
#12
On January 17 2012 23:51 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
Wow bm'ing eachother :O And Genius sounds like a prick

He sounds like he's joking around.
Dfgj
Profile Joined May 2008
Singapore5922 Posts
January 17 2012 14:55 GMT
#13
How can people not like team MVP
Clefairy
Profile Joined September 2011
1570 Posts
January 17 2012 15:01 GMT
#14
On January 17 2012 23:53 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 23:51 NeWeNiyaLord wrote:
Wow bm'ing eachother :O And Genius sounds like a prick

He sounds like he's joking around.

Yep he's clearly joking. I tried to get as much of the jokey feel into the translation, but some things get lost in translation.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 15:03:08
January 17 2012 15:01 GMT
#15
I love how DRG mentions the shape of Zergs like everytime, lol.

Great great interviews!
Elite__
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada976 Posts
January 17 2012 15:07 GMT
#16
lol, i love the remarks between genius and drg
MentalGNT
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1264 Posts
January 17 2012 15:14 GMT
#17
lol those two are hilarious.
What a player
MrCash
Profile Joined October 2011
United States1504 Posts
January 17 2012 15:31 GMT
#18
I can't think of many moments when Korean players have been so blunt about the incompetence of other players, whether it is in jest or not.
Both DRG and Genius really railed on each other in those interviews.
It's nothing like the trash talk we hear from foreigners, but it's still a bit shocking to hear them proclaim who is overrated and who will fail. Interesting bit of drama going on here.
Genius vs DRG rematch should pull a nice crowd if this gets hyped up more.
bbm
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom1320 Posts
January 17 2012 15:32 GMT
#19

After reading Genius' interview it seems like Monster and Sniper helped him practice. I'm really disappointed. How could you do that when I'm right beside you? I promise to get my revenge from now on. I won't let them get away with this.


bahahahhahahaha
By.Sun or By.Rain, he always delivers
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
January 17 2012 15:37 GMT
#20
awesome interviews are awesome. Seems like quite a few players are afraid to be picked by NesTea in the ro16. Glad he's once again people really fear
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub88
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub88
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 117
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4837
Liquid`Hasu584
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 16
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade344
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.