• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8741 users

[Interview] Code S Nov Ro8 Day 2 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
November 26 2011 02:06 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler [Winner of Leenock vs Alive] +
Leenock
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=948338&board=&category=13439

Q: You advanced to the Round of 4 easily with three straight wins.
A: I wasn't able to practice much so I anticipated it being hard. But thankfully it seems like I was able to win easily so I'm happy.

Q: Did you anticipate a hidden barracks in your base in the first game?
A: I scouted with a drone and saw that he didn't have any supply depots. So I was reminded of games from long ago with barracks being made in the Zerg's base, so I checked my base.

Q: Alive played mostly strategic games. What do you think of that?
A: He used things that he had been able to practice more than me, so it seems like he tried to play mindgames. I had anticipated games decided by management, so it seems like he did the reverse of my expectations.

Q: In the third game, did you see the SCVs being pulled with your zerglings?
A: I saw with my zerglings. I checked at a really good time. So right away I prepared some spine crawlers.

Q: This is your career first Code S Round of 4. Your momentum from winning MLG is continuing.
A: I'm suddenly in an upward swing so I'm dazed (laughs). But still, being on an upward trend is a happy thing. I have a lot of time to practice for the Round of 4, so I think I will do even better than in the Round of 8.

Q: Your opponent will definitely be Terran. Out of sC and MVP, who would you rather face?
A: I want to face sC. I'm friends with him, and I think he will be easier than the king [T/N the king being MVP I guess]. They are both good players, but MVP has a lot of championships so I think sC will be a little more comfortable to play.

Q: If you advance to the finals, who do you think you would face?
A: I think I would face Oz. Lately his PvT is good. I want to have our team's first teamkill in the finals.

Q: FXO is doing well recently. Was there some motivation?
A: First, life in the teamhouse has become a little more relaxed. Also, it's not me alone who is doing well, but I am doing well along with other teammates, so I think we are having a good result from synergy.

Q: If you have any things you want to say finally, please say them.
A: I thank my team FXO and our sponsor Razor. And I also thank FXO_asd for his help in practice.


+ Show Spoiler [Winner of MVP vs sC] +
MVP
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=948510&board=&category=13439

Q: You've dominated sC and succeeded in advancing to the Round of 4.
A: My condition was really not good today, so I thought the games would be hard, but they were even harder than I thought. But I won with a 3:0 score so I'm happy.

Q: Why wasn't your condition good?
A: I caught a cold, so even before the games started I had a bad headache. The cold was bad so I took some medicine before the games, but I played in a slightly dazed condition.

Q: You played in MLG Providence, were you lacking in practice for GSL?
A: Either way, since sC also played in MLG, it didn't matter much. It seemed like a condition for the match, so I wasn't too conscious of it.

Q: In the second game, you got a victory in a big comeback.
A: The game didn't end, and in my thoughts the possibility of a comeback remained, so I endured. More than thinking I absolutely needed to get a comeback, I wanted to loosen up my hands so I held out, but I was able to get a comeback.

Q: In the third game, after banshees, your opponent attempted an all-in rush.
A: I couldn't have predicted my opponent's strategy. But after I saw all my opponent's buildings with my first scan, I understood his build. Because I practice a lot with sC, I anticipated the attack.

Q: Lately you've been winning a lot of comebacks, do you have some personal know-how?
A: Since Starcraft 1, even if I was at a disadvantage, I tried to lead games into the mid-late game and use management a lot. Since then, this has been my style in that sort of game, so now too I am doing that, but I think it's thanks to good luck that I am able to often win in comebacks.

Q: You'll be matched against the winner of MLG, Leenock.
A: It will be fun. Leenock is a good player, but I want to practice hard and definitely win.

Q: What would you predict the games with Leenock will be like?
A: No matter what, since Leenock is winning recently he will have a lot of momentum, so I can't be careless. It will be a difficult Round of 4, but I think if I can just get past Leenock I will be able to win the tournament.

Q: Was it regrettable not being able to win MLG Providence?
A: I got fourth place and I'm very happy. To be honest, starting from before my match with MC, my ability to focus really dropped off. So I thought I wouldn't be able to advance to a high position, but I beat MC and rose to fourth place. I'm satisfied with my fourth place result.

Q: There are a lot of people comparing you to Starcraft 1's Flash.
A: Since no matter what Flash has defended his spot as the best player for a long time, I think that I'm still not deserving of people called Starcraft 2's Flash. I think in order to approach Flash's career, I will have to work harder.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I thank Happy for his help in practice, and I want to tell Nestea, Losira, and the Director who have gone to America that they have worked hard. In America, the Director and his wife handled food well, so I was able to get along well. I want to thank my parents and girlfriend for cheering for me.
StyLeD
Profile Joined January 2011
United States2965 Posts
November 26 2011 02:07 GMT
#2
I love these interviews! Thanks alot for translating!
"Even gophers love Starcraft" - Tasteless. || Davichi | IU <3
juked
Profile Joined May 2010
United States691 Posts
November 26 2011 02:12 GMT
#3
Nice interviews!! Goo leenock beat the king
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
November 26 2011 02:15 GMT
#4
More good work from Lixler
MMA: The true King of Wings
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
November 26 2011 02:15 GMT
#5
MVP is definitely the king of comebacks, the guy simply doesn't die.

Thanks for the interview
stokes17
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1411 Posts
November 26 2011 02:17 GMT
#6
Wait who is the director that MVP is referring to? Is that the IM coach?
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
November 26 2011 02:20 GMT
#7
thanks for the interview!
MVP fighting!
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
balosan
Profile Joined July 2010
Poland232 Posts
November 26 2011 02:22 GMT
#8
God what would be team liquid thread without "fighting" or "hype" posts, yee lets show them all our support.
Tweleve
Profile Joined March 2011
United States644 Posts
November 26 2011 02:24 GMT
#9
On November 26 2011 11:17 stokes17 wrote:
Wait who is the director that MVP is referring to? Is that the IM coach?


I think the owner of Quantic perhaps
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
November 26 2011 02:28 GMT
#10
On November 26 2011 11:17 stokes17 wrote:
Wait who is the director that MVP is referring to? Is that the IM coach?

Yeah it's the IM coach. Koreans use like a separate word for the head coach guy as opposed to someone like a strategy coach which translates more to manager/director than coach.
flowSthead
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1065 Posts
November 26 2011 02:30 GMT
#11
MVP you sick gosu. "Kill them all"! (By kill I mean win, and by them I mean the games).
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler █ MVP ■ MC ■ Boxer ■ Grubby █
lessQQmorePEWPEW
Profile Joined November 2011
Jamaica921 Posts
November 26 2011 02:37 GMT
#12
wonder what Mvp's girl looks like
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly - Bob Marley
Piledriver
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1697 Posts
November 26 2011 02:37 GMT
#13
MVP seems to have such a negative mindset in all his interviews. "My condition is bad, my hands hurting etc. etc."

Don't get me wrong, he's still my favorite Terran (by far), but I've rarely seen a positive or upbeat interview from him. Even when he wins, he's all negative.
Envy fan since NTH.
DisaFear
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia4074 Posts
November 26 2011 02:42 GMT
#14
Nice interviews, thanks for translations
Dat thumbsup, they both look boss-tier
How devious | http://anartisticanswer.blogspot.com.au/
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
November 26 2011 02:44 GMT
#15
MVP's chronic wrist problems definitely make him feel miserable while playing so that can't be helped. It's tough when you know what to do and how to do it, but you're limited by your hands.

The only edge MVP has these days are his strategy and decision-making, much like Nestea. There are players with better macro (Bomber), micro (sC, MKP), multitasking (MMA), etc. Times will be tough for Nestea and MVP in the future.
Marines > everything
Esk23
Profile Joined July 2011
United States447 Posts
November 26 2011 02:45 GMT
#16
GO MVP GO!

Leenock I'm a big fan but MVP is my fav player.
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
November 26 2011 02:47 GMT
#17
Leenock vs Oz finals pleeeeeease.

+ Show Spoiler +
You're still #1, Mvp.
#TeamBuLba
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-26 02:50:49
November 26 2011 02:50 GMT
#18
Poor Alive. Had the extra practice time to devote against Leenock yet still got smashed 3:0.

Q: Why wasn't your condition good?
A: I caught a cold, so even before the games started I had a bad headache. The cold was bad so I took some medicine before the games, but I played in a slightly dazed condition.


Sick and sedated from medicine? Still win 3-0. That's MVP for you.
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
November 26 2011 02:57 GMT
#19
On November 26 2011 11:44 vnlegend wrote:
MVP's chronic wrist problems definitely make him feel miserable while playing so that can't be helped. It's tough when you know what to do and how to do it, but you're limited by your hands.

The only edge MVP has these days are his strategy and decision-making, much like Nestea. There are players with better macro (Bomber), micro (sC, MKP), multitasking (MMA), etc. Times will be tough for Nestea and MVP in the future.


Yeah, MVP has terrible mechanics thats why he was better than all of them at SC1, lol.
1Eris1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States5797 Posts
November 26 2011 03:07 GMT
#20
On November 26 2011 11:57 zyzq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2011 11:44 vnlegend wrote:
MVP's chronic wrist problems definitely make him feel miserable while playing so that can't be helped. It's tough when you know what to do and how to do it, but you're limited by your hands.

The only edge MVP has these days are his strategy and decision-making, much like Nestea. There are players with better macro (Bomber), micro (sC, MKP), multitasking (MMA), etc. Times will be tough for Nestea and MVP in the future.


Yeah, MVP has terrible mechanics thats why he was better than all of them at SC1, lol.


Dunno what games you're watching lol. MVP still has at least the 2nd best terran macro in the world, 2nd-3rd best micro and easily has multitasking equavilent too or greater than MMAs.

And, can we stop using the bonjwa word now, since MVP explicitly stated that he needs more sucess before it can be applicable?
Known Aliases: Tyragon, Valeric ~MSL Forever, SKT is truly the Superior KT!
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 185
NeuroSwarm 148
FoxeR 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1030
Leta 616
Bale 83
League of Legends
Doublelift4274
Other Games
summit1g8616
JimRising 529
ViBE198
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Light_VIP 12
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1086
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 53m
Patches Events
12h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 53m
OSC
20h 53m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.