• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:56
CEST 19:56
KST 02:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10138 users

[Interview] Code S Groups A & B Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 02:29:41
September 21 2011 01:47 GMT
#1
+ Show Spoiler [Group A Winners] +

MVP
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=781086&board=&category=13439

Q: Thoughts on making it to the Round of 16?
A: These were my first games after the finals so I was a little burdened, but I advanced so I'm happy. But I made a lot of mistakes in my games, so I have some regrets.

Q: Your group was all Terran, so practicing must have been easy.
A: The finals were TvT so I had practiced duly. So then when it was decided that my group would be 4 Terrans I felt glad. I was able to prepare comfortably.

Q: You chose to use Bio in the first game.
A: I use mech a lot, so I thought that Ensnare would probably predict that I would go mech. Also, I figured if I used bionic in my first game, my opponent in the Winner's Match would get confused about whether I would use mech or bio. So I used bionic.

Q: The Winner's Match was a close game.
A: I thought that I played well, but during the game I thought the situation was weird. I got worried about the way the game had turned out, and then I saw my opponent left his Vikings unattended in the corner of the map. I was able to win because I discovered the Vikings.

Q: Who would you like to be matched with in the Round of 16?
A: Since I'm matched up with the second place in the group, I will probably be playing Marineking. It feels like Marineking will get second place in his group. If he is my opponent, it will be fun whether I win or lose. (laughs)

Q: Do you feel like you can win this season?
A: Since I made a lot of mistakes in today's games, I don't feel too confident. I will have to win in the Round of 16 before I feel that I can win the tournament.

Q: If you do make it to the finals, who would you like to face?
A: When I think about it, I'd like to face Nestea, for many reasons. From the host's perspective [T/N referring to Blizzard, GSL finals and the Blizzard Invitational will both be at Blizzcon], won't the plane costs be cheaper? (laughs) If someone other than Nestea makes it to the finals, I alone will have to practice for two games, so I hope that Nestea makes it so we both practice for two matches.

Q: What's your goal this season?
A: My first goal was to remain in Code S, so now that I've succeeded in that, I want to win in order to maintain my jinx of always winning if I make it past the Round of 32.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Our team's Happy, dreamertt, and Fenix as well as EG_Puma really helped a lot in practice. I really want to thank them, and I hope in the future they all do well in Code S and Code A.



Clide
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=781122&board=&category=13439


Q: Thoughts on advancing second in your group to the Round of 16?
A: I anticipated the Round of 32 games this season to be the hardest for me yet. I kept losing in practice and I couldn't find a solution. But today it seems that I got very lucky, and I was able to advance.

Q: Your group was all Terran; how did you prepare?
A: It really seemed like I would die. Usually I'm bad at TvT, but I had to practice a lot for it so I struggled a lot. I am lacking in confidence in TvT, so this time in the Round of 32 I felt even more burdened. The matchup is evolving quickly, but I can't really keep up. It feels like I'm lagging behind.

Q: Comparatively, you won the first game easily.
A: I made a lot of mistakes. I researched blue flame late and made many mistakes, but my build was good so I was able to win.

Q: The fans are calling you the Officer of the Round of 16.
A: This confirms that I have some existence in the fans' thoughts, so I'm glad. Also, since I've been in Code S a long time, players who have recently risen to it have been asking me when they will be receiving their prize money. (laughs) I guess that's how long I've been in Code S.

Q: You've not dropped to the Up and Downs even once.
A: When I see the Up and Down Matches, my heart drops. Even though they're not my games, it's still really stifling. Trying to avoid that kind of urgency motivates me to keep getting to the Round of 16.

Q: In the group you will be matched with next round, there is a Protoss who could advance. If you're not confident in TvT, it seems like you'll want to face the Protoss?
A: Puzzle is such a good player, it doesn't really make a difference. Whoever advances will be a really tough opponent. If I had to select a specific player within that group, I really want to avoid Marineking. He's a really scary player.

Q: Your goal for this season?
A: If I can advance to the Round of 8, I will feel like the whole world is mine. Up until now I still haven't made it to the Round of 8 once. The Ro8 is my goal.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I have a jinks where if I eat Samgyeopsal I win my games, but last season that was broken. But still, the coach prepared some today for me and my mother-in-law. I already ate all of it, but as expected eating it allowed me to win.
I want to thank MarinekingPrime, Slayers_MMA, TSL_Heart, and TSL_Alive for their help in practice. I hope that all the players on my team will do well in their coming games. Also, we are now in the GSTL Round of 4, so I will work hard in order to show good results.




+ Show Spoiler [Group B Winners] +

Ryung
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=781195&board=&category=13439


Q: You got first place in a tough group.
A: By advancing in first place, I avoided playing MVP, so I'm glad. I wanted to play MVP so I went to Group B, but now that I'm here I'm actually glad that I avoided him. (laughs) As I wanted, I think I played good games today.

Q: Are you disappointed that you did not get to face Puzzle?
A: I thought I wanted to play him, but now I'm glad that I avoided that. I'm sorry that Puzzle encountered this bad situation. I made a mistake [T/N Ryung told MKP to pick Puzzle in group selection], and now I'm the only one of us who got out of the group, so I'm sorry.

Q: In the first game, you used a forward barracks strategy.
A: I used this to try to get an easy game, and Marineking somehow went for a quick expansion. Marineking usually has a consistent style, so I was trying to take advantage of that with the proxy barracks. I wasn't feeling confident and I wanted to win, so I prayed that the proxy barracks would go well for me.

Q: The Winner's Match went very long.
A: I thought that I could win in air battles. I confirmed early that my opponent was going for an air army, and because I usually do well in air vs air battles, I felt confident that I could win. In the middle of the game, I remembered Boxer's play in situations like that, so I chose to use ravens aggressively.

Q: In the next patch, Seeker Missile is getting buffed; do you think it will get used a lot?
A: I think that you can avoid it as long as you aren't stubborn about it. Seeker Missile is getting buffed, but because of the nerfs on the other things I think that there won't be any significant changes to balance.

Q: You dropped a lot of mules at the end.
A: Boxer does this sort of thing all the time. I thought that Boxer would like it if I used this tactic, but Bomber too got his revenge.

Q: What's your goal for this season?
A: I definitely want to go to Blizzcon. Somehow, I'm currently very confident about it.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank Coach Ryu Won for the build he recommended on Daybreak. Also, even though it is hard to get him to practice with me, I want to thank Slayers_Lots for what games he did help with. (laughs) + Show Spoiler [Translator's Note] +
Unsure on this last sentence, the original Korean is “그리고 연습을 도와줄 때 싫은 티를 팍팍 내면서 몇 게임 도와주지 않은 윤성훈 선수에게 고맙다는 말을 전하고 싶다(웃음)” if I'm making a mistake with it.




Bomber
[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=781267&board=&category=13439


Q: Thoughts on advancing second in your group to the Round of 16?
A: MVP advanced first in Group A, so I thought that I absolutely had to advance first in my group, but I advanced second, so it seems I only half succeeded.

Q: Did you want to avoid confrontation with MVP?
A: There is nobody who wants to play against MVP. MVP is that outstanding of a player.

Q: What did you think of the first game?
A: Isn't everyone talking about 1-1-1 these days? So I tried to use psychological warfare where my opponent would expect the 1-1-1, and Puzzle played into that as I wanted, so it seems I was able to win easily.

Q: It's regrettable that you lost in the Winners' Match.
A: I wasn't feeling confident even before the game started. I can't follow the trends lately, and Crossfire is a tough map, so I didn't think that I could win.

Q: It was a really long game.
A: If I had had better control I could have won the final engagement, but I had to run my Vikings away, and they were late rejoining my forces so I lost the game.

Q: Was losing the long game a blow to your mental state?
A: I encountered a lot of situations like this in Starcraft 1 games, so I was not especially shaken. I had planned to win on Crossfire, so I didn't practice for the final game, but it seems that it still went well for me.

Q: Do you think you can beat MVP?
A: I'm scheduled to play against MVP in the MLG Invitational, so I think that in the future the battle between us will be very interesting. The Invitational this week will probably be a prelude to the GSL Round of 16.

Q: What is your goal this season?
A: My goal is to win. If I can beat MVP in the Round of 16, I think I can win. If I can overcome the mountain called MVP, advancing to the finals will be easy. Before now I didn't have confidence against Zergs, but now I think that I can overcome them.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank ST_Sound and ST_Squirtle for helping me in practice. I am matched up with MVP in the Round of 16, and I hope that we can both prepare well and show interesting games.
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
September 21 2011 01:49 GMT
#2
Clide's looking unstoppable this season.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
PeterHuynh
Profile Joined June 2011
United States151 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 01:52:14
September 21 2011 01:51 GMT
#3
everybody scared of MVP cant blame them though hopefully MVP can win this season and the seasons to come
.
mrtomjones
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada4020 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-21 01:54:44
September 21 2011 01:53 GMT
#4
Q: What did you think of the first game?
A: Isn't everyone talking about 1-1-1 these days? So I tried to use psychological warfare where my opponent would expect the 1-1-1, and Puzzle played into that as I wanted, so it seems I was able to win easily.


Even the threat of that damn build screws over the toss -_- i think Puzzle will win the up and downs though. He has always impressed me.

Congrats to Ryung though! I bet he feels confident he can win because his TvT is quite possibly the best there is I want to see him vs mvp for sure
zev318
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada4306 Posts
September 21 2011 01:53 GMT
#5
what mistake is ryung talking about in question 2??
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
September 21 2011 02:03 GMT
#6
On September 21 2011 10:53 zev318 wrote:
what mistake is ryung talking about in question 2??

Oh, I thought that he had picked Puzzle to be in his group from how he was talking, but it turns out he didn't actually do that. I'm not sure what he means, he just says something like "I caused problems and only I got out of the group," he might just be sort of saying "I went 2-0 and then left the rest of the group to fight things out themselves and Puzzle suffered from that."
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
September 21 2011 02:04 GMT
#7
On September 21 2011 10:51 PeterHuynh wrote:
everybody scared of MVP cant blame them though hopefully MVP can win this season and the seasons to come


because MVP is probably the only terran that likes TvT lol
Vindicare605
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States16126 Posts
September 21 2011 02:08 GMT
#8
Everyone is scared of MVP and they should be, but what's surprising is that everyone including MVP is scared of MarineKing as well.

It's a shame he didn't advance, but at least he's still in Code S and the AoL.
aka: KTVindicare the Geeky Bartender
Baffels
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1486 Posts
September 21 2011 02:09 GMT
#9
Well, Bomber vs MVP again. Awesome.

Thanks for translating!
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
September 21 2011 02:10 GMT
#10
Thank you for translating!

I missed these when Phosgene stopped a couple of seasons ago, would really love to see these regularly done, so if they get posted up I will always read and always post a thank you! =D
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Canucklehead
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5074 Posts
September 21 2011 02:12 GMT
#11
On September 21 2011 10:53 zev318 wrote:
what mistake is ryung talking about in question 2??


Ryung told mkp to pick either mma or puzzle in his group because he wanted to play them. MMA got picked before mkp could pick so he was left to choose puzzle because mkp didn't want to play tvt.
Top 10 favourite pros: MKP, MVP, MC, Nestea, DRG, Jaedong, Flash, Life, Creator, Leenock
PandaMonk
Profile Joined June 2011
United States300 Posts
September 21 2011 02:12 GMT
#12
"Our Terran will block out the sun" Nestea- "then i shall drone in the shade!"
Headnoob
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia2108 Posts
September 21 2011 02:14 GMT
#13
Bomber certainly seems confident in a GSL win if he beats MVP.

sadly i think MVP is going to destroy him.
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
September 21 2011 02:15 GMT
#14
MVP already predicting the finals for Blizzcon
illsick
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1770 Posts
September 21 2011 02:17 GMT
#15
bomber versus MVP :o

looking forward to the match
you live and you learn
parazice
Profile Joined March 2011
Thailand5517 Posts
September 21 2011 02:17 GMT
#16
+ Show Spoiler +
MLG Invitational


lol Bomber drop the spoil
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
September 21 2011 02:20 GMT
#17
Ahh man... Bomber has to go against MVP now. I wonder how Ryung would have stacked up against MVP though, since Bomber was capable of taking down MVP before, and Ryung took down Bomber, and is known for his impressive TvT. (I'm not saying that Ryung is better for that reason... I'm just wondering ) I'm disappointed though because I wanted Bomber and MVP to make it far, and I can't say I'm a fan of Ryung so... Sad day.

Thanks for the interviews!
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
September 21 2011 02:23 GMT
#18
On September 21 2011 11:15 zyzq wrote:
MVP already predicting the finals for Blizzcon


MVP vs Nestea in the finals would happen if Nestea comes 2nd in his group right? I think that's pretty likely with MMA in there.

If so, there's a good possibility for those finals =D

Buuut, otherwise yeah I'll be shocked if MVP doesn't make the finals again this season. He doesn't seem happy with his play, but his TvT is still unbelievably solid, and at the moment TvT specialists have the edge in Code S =P
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Slusher
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States19143 Posts
September 21 2011 02:25 GMT
#19
On September 21 2011 11:03 Lixler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 21 2011 10:53 zev318 wrote:
what mistake is ryung talking about in question 2??

Oh, I thought that he had picked Puzzle to be in his group from how he was talking, but it turns out he didn't actually do that. I'm not sure what he means, he just says something like "I caused problems and only I got out of the group," he might just be sort of saying "I went 2-0 and then left the rest of the group to fight things out themselves and Puzzle suffered from that."


he asked MKP to choose Puzzle
Carrilord has arrived.
ZOMGitsTHEEND
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada202 Posts
September 21 2011 02:27 GMT
#20
i dont think mvp can beat bomber. bomber is really good at tvt
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 653
IntoTheiNu 583
SteadfastSC466
Rex87
CosmosSc2 69
EnkiAlexander 60
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 466
UpATreeSC 159
Rex 87
CosmosSc2 69
BRAT_OK 53
JuggernautJason25
MindelVK 18
PtitDrogo 15
Codebar 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37214
Jaedong 999
Mini 503
Soma 472
BeSt 437
Soulkey 242
Larva 237
Rush 192
ZerO 162
Snow 112
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 107
Liquid`Ret 64
hero 55
Mind 43
Killer 22
sorry 21
Shine 19
Trap 19
ToSsGirL 19
Dota 2
qojqva1004
Dendi916
Counter-Strike
fl0m949
Fnx 734
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King61
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4375
crisheroes2245
Khaldor1794
Liquid`Hasu518
Other Games
ArmadaUGS1462
ceh9572
B2W.Neo478
byalli450
KnowMe125
QueenE86
C9.Mang083
Chillindude60
Trikslyr38
Railgan23
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• Adnapsc2 10
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• FirePhoenix12
• blackmanpl 3
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4070
League of Legends
• TFBlade1081
Other Games
• imaqtpie940
• Shiphtur322
• Scarra78
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 4m
OSC
19h 4m
Stellar Fest
19h 4m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.