• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:07
CEST 07:07
KST 14:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8309 users

NASL Event Discussion Thread - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 50 Next All
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 09 2011 20:21 GMT
#381
I have to say, I do like being able to see the players faces as they play, and the tightness and darkness of the shot.

It looks like they're scanning for missiles in a nuclear submarine. It works!
Unnamed
Profile Joined December 2010
148 Posts
July 09 2011 20:21 GMT
#382
I don't know if this already was discussed. Did you notice that they share "NASLcasterA", "NASLcasterB" accounts for all casters, i.e. gretorp, incontrol, day9, tasteless, artosis? I think before grand finals, they used them also for other casters? Were they warned or blocked for account sharing by Blizzard?
dolphen
Profile Joined March 2011
63 Posts
July 09 2011 20:23 GMT
#383
If we look at the format, i don't think there is anything wrong with the Bo3 in round 16, but it should extend, so that round of 8 is Bo5 (TSL 3 style). I think that a double elimination would give us too many games (not enough time to cast all?), and if that is the case, then the TSL format is better. The Bo3 in round af 8, seems a bit anticlimactic to be honest. Hope it helps, I love watching the NASL
I thought! I thought!
SonKiE
Profile Joined March 2010
United States167 Posts
July 09 2011 20:29 GMT
#384
how many nasl events have you been to? ~ generic blond girl
country
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 20:31:20
July 09 2011 20:30 GMT
#385
Another comment: I like pretty girls as much as everyone, but it would be nice if someone like Day 9 or JP did post game interviews.

I do think the girls would be fine for pre-game interviews, or interviewing random people. But right after the game, you want to dig a little deeper.
NicoLoco
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway159 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 20:35:51
July 09 2011 20:30 GMT
#386
I love watching the matches, but I can't compliment NASL for the production value of the stream. The cutting between scenes is the worst I have seen, the interviews are bad (by uninformed interviewers), the sound quality and levels of onstage stuff is not good enough and the observer is overdramatic with his cursor movement distracting the focus from the casters to his pointing.

Other than that I really like the overall setup of the tournament and I appreciate the level of play.

"Hey Matt, I'm Lindsay. So how long have you been doing Starcraft?"
- Answers
"EXCELLENT!!"

"So what's your favorite matchup? Like ZvG?"
If I gave a shit you'd be the first to get it!
Nation_
Profile Joined August 2009
United States111 Posts
July 09 2011 20:31 GMT
#387
Ok, I've been one of the people who has been supporting NASL through all the hiccups and such, but I just have to say this ad spam has to stop. I don't run an adblocker because I like to support streamers/e-sports, but they're running ads during these interviews, and just in the last 15 minutes I have seen 5 ads. Why can't they just run the ads during actual downtime instead of interrupting the interviews which can actually be interesting?
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 09 2011 20:32 GMT
#388
I know that LAN events are complete sausage fests but we don't need pretty faces who have little to no clue what the game is about.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Jcuervo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States52 Posts
July 09 2011 20:32 GMT
#389
If they are going to have interviews during intermissions, atleast have someone who has an idea of what SC2 is, asking col.drewbie what his favorite team was, was dumb.
Veritask
Profile Joined November 2010
260 Posts
July 09 2011 20:33 GMT
#390
"So how many NASL events have to been to?"

To Drewbie: "Who are your favorite players?" "What's your favorite team?"

Just some highlights from this interviewer
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 20:34:21
July 09 2011 20:33 GMT
#391
On July 10 2011 05:29 SonKiE wrote:
how many nasl events have you been to? ~ generic blond girl


Rachel and Anna are awkward sometimes but at least they know what they're talking about. This was just a whole new level of embarrassment. Get it together NASL.
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
July 09 2011 20:36 GMT
#392
On July 10 2011 05:33 Veritask wrote:
"So how many NASL events have to been to?"

To Drewbie: "Who are your favorite players?" "What's your favorite team?"

Just some highlights from this interviewer


But... but... thats just excellent!
I am not young enough to know everything.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 20:37:18
July 09 2011 20:36 GMT
#393
On July 10 2011 05:30 NicoLoco wrote:
I love watching the matches, but I can't compliment NASL for the production value of the stream. The cutting between scenes is the worst I have seen, the interviews are bad (by uninformed interviewers), the sound quality and levels of onstage stuff is not good enough and the observer is overdramatic with his cursor movement distracting the focus from the casters to his pointing.

Other than that I really like the overall setup of the tournament and I appreciate the level of play.


I totally agree.

I don't think it has anything to do with being cheap or having the wrong people, or people not trying. The players and actual games are great.

The truth is, the event seems haphazardly coordinated and managed. They're just not prepared.
GrimReefer
Profile Joined March 2011
United States442 Posts
July 09 2011 20:36 GMT
#394
i keep getting a papa john's ad, and after the ad the stream never comes back. it's really frustrating b/c even if i refresh the page i get the papa john's ad.

and i don't know who was observing the july/moon series but it was very chaotic and borderline spastic. there's no reason to keep shoving around the view, when the roach battle taking place hasn't moved from the ramp for the past 15 seconds. let us watch the micro, if you have the production tab open we can keep up with the macro too. moving away from the final battle of a game to show me lings streaming in or some other nonsense is pointless and counterproductive. just let me watch the battle with some healthbars.
You're rapping about homosexuals and Vicodin, I can't sell this sh*t.
SonKiE
Profile Joined March 2010
United States167 Posts
July 09 2011 20:36 GMT
#395
I feel like they are pushing the girl thing alittle too hard.
country
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 09 2011 20:37 GMT
#396
On July 10 2011 05:36 SonKiE wrote:
I feel like they are pushing the girl thing alittle too hard.


I feel sorry for this girl, to be honest. She obviously wasn't prepped well for this. At all.

Lonyo
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United Kingdom3884 Posts
July 09 2011 20:37 GMT
#397
On July 10 2011 05:36 Defacer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 05:30 NicoLoco wrote:
I love watching the matches, but I can't compliment NASL for the production value of the stream. The cutting between scenes is the worst I have seen, the interviews are bad (by uninformed interviewers), the sound quality and levels of onstage stuff is not good enough and the observer is overdramatic with his cursor movement distracting the focus from the casters to his pointing.

Other than that I really like the overall setup of the tournament and I appreciate the level of play.


I totally agree.

I don't think it has anything to do with being cheap or having the wrong people, or people not trying. The players and actual games are great.

The truth is, the event seems haphazardly coordinated and managed.

They need someone to step back and direct the whole thing, no one seems to actually be sensibly organising and co-ordinating like you say.
They just decided "This would be cool" "this would be cool", and then they threw it all into their event and thought it would work, but it really doesn't.
HOLY CHECK!
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
July 09 2011 20:42 GMT
#398
Honestly they're trying to hard to impress the audience.

I think everybody would have been happier if the games started with all the casters talking before the match, during the match, and to the players after the matches.

These intro videos and interviews are all too egregious and/or embarrassing to watch.
I'd much rather have iNcontrol trolling the whole time.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Veritask
Profile Joined November 2010
260 Posts
July 09 2011 20:44 GMT
#399
This is so embarrassing I can't even watch it
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
July 09 2011 20:45 GMT
#400
On July 10 2011 05:37 Lonyo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 05:36 Defacer wrote:
On July 10 2011 05:30 NicoLoco wrote:
I love watching the matches, but I can't compliment NASL for the production value of the stream. The cutting between scenes is the worst I have seen, the interviews are bad (by uninformed interviewers), the sound quality and levels of onstage stuff is not good enough and the observer is overdramatic with his cursor movement distracting the focus from the casters to his pointing.

Other than that I really like the overall setup of the tournament and I appreciate the level of play.


I totally agree.

I don't think it has anything to do with being cheap or having the wrong people, or people not trying. The players and actual games are great.

The truth is, the event seems haphazardly coordinated and managed.

They need someone to step back and direct the whole thing, no one seems to actually be sensibly organising and co-ordinating like you say.
They just decided "This would be cool" "this would be cool", and then they threw it all into their event and thought it would work, but it really doesn't.


Yes. There needs to be that one person that is responsible for everything, defines expectations for everyone and tells people how to do their job.

He should be the guy in the camera man's face, telling him to stop fiddling with the fucking camera;

or the guy that says, "Interviewing the audience is a fun idea, but let's send out Gretorp or someone the fans want to meet instead of Stacey-whoever-she-is."





Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4515
Leta 1631
Bale 58
Shine 29
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft604
Sick117
Mew2King33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush423
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 53m
Patches Events
9h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 53m
OSC
17h 53m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.