• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:19
CEST 11:19
KST 18:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9973 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Yaotzin
Profile Joined August 2010
South Africa4280 Posts
June 01 2011 20:53 GMT
#121
On June 02 2011 05:46 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Wow, a thread where TL is invited to take shits on players who are much better than they are. Awesome community building stuff right there.

Every sport has heros and villains, it's not a bad thing.

The whole "commenting on people better than you" thing is just...weird. I can't comment that Cristiano Ronaldo is a preening selfish prat just because he's a trillion times better at football than me?
Elem
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4717 Posts
June 01 2011 20:55 GMT
#122
On June 02 2011 05:33 DeltruS wrote:
[ CatZ has his amazing style and macro; he was ahead of the curve before, and now that everyone else is starting to catch up in strategy, he is even more ahead and has all of his old stragies polished up.
CatZ really cannot use his leads from his strategies to his advantage. He does something really fancy, then he most of the time lets the opponent catch up which often leads to him losing. He really needs to capitalise on the advantages of himself and mistakes of his opponent that he forces with his strategies.
#freeshauni
PandaBlunt
Profile Joined September 2010
United States292 Posts
June 01 2011 20:57 GMT
#123
To win:

1. EG.IdrA, Just straight up my favorite player.

2. Liquid'Tyler, Great player and I hope to see his creative, awesome builds.

3. ROOTDestiny, His playing skills are vastly improving and deserves to win something!

Close Mention:
EG.Demuslim, Just recently getting back into the swing of things but is one of the very few Terran players I like.

Those to fail:
1. Gretorp, 'nuff said.
2. coLcruncher, again, 'nuff said.
3. Naniwa, good player and all, but gotta let somebody else win
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
neo_sporin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States516 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:03:33
June 01 2011 21:00 GMT
#124
On June 02 2011 05:46 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Wow, a thread where TL is invited to take shits on players who are much better than they are. Awesome community building stuff right there.


Totalbiscuit, Im usually a fan but you obviously haven't read any of this thread if you think that's the intention. In fact, you would probably be pleasantly surprised that around half of the posts say something along the lines of "I don't want anyone to fail" and just list three people they hope to do well. Which I think speaks volume of where our community stands.

Additionally if a post says something along the lines of "I want x to lose for y reason" that is hardly "taking a shit" on that player. In any major sport you hear the broadcasters and fans say players are in slumps, players aren't playing to their potential, I want the NY Yankees to lose because it feels like they always win. None of these things are "taking a shit" on a player.

I dont think a single poster on this thread legitimately thinks they can beat a pooled player nor anyone who will make it through the open bracket and its presumptive of you to assume the thread is here for hate only purposes. Please have more faith in humanity in the future.
Moa
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States790 Posts
June 01 2011 21:00 GMT
#125
WIN:
Tyler- biggest bro
IdrA- he wants it
Sheth- so mannered, we sang songs as he killed my base

Lose:
Destiny
I like everyone else, I'll say the Koreans because I don't want MLG to turn into something that is completely Korean dominated. I don't want all of them to fail but if they inhabit the entire top 4 I will be sad.
^O^
xsevR
Profile Joined January 2011
United States324 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:08:55
June 01 2011 21:02 GMT
#126
Win: Moon (surprised anyone would want to see him fail... not that he's amazing or anything), Naniwa (would love to see him in Code S), Cruncher (just to troll).

FAIL: Gretorp (ARGH MY EARS), Tyler (have never been impressed, didn't follow SC1)

On June 02 2011 05:46 TotalBiscuit wrote:
Wow, a thread where TL is invited to take shits on players who are much better than they are. Awesome community building stuff right there.


ROFL... the community must like everyone! Not like most sports (re: competition) communities are built on intense rivalries designed to polarize fans into factions and create... an exciting atmosphere.
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
June 01 2011 21:02 GMT
#127
Win: ROOT or FXO cus they are cool teams =)
Lose: major and desrow because they are bm
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
baoluvboa
Profile Joined December 2010
743 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:05:25
June 01 2011 21:05 GMT
#128
Why do people want Koreans to fail? Is it that bad that the better players win in a competitive tournament? Yes they'll take money back to Korea but does that mean they don't deserve it over players who aren't willing to be the best by moving to Korea and rather practice in subpar environment? (Yes its a big sacrifice to some moving to Korea but you get to play the game that you love)
If the Koreans win this should be a wake up call for the west. If they lose then the West can grow even stronger due to having Korean participants which legitimate the league and showing that western players can play on the same level. It's a win win situation.

Win: Bomber
Lose: No one
andytb
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom180 Posts
June 01 2011 21:06 GMT
#129
To win:
DemusliM, a lone warrior representing the British on the international circuit. I'd love to see him coming out in vocal support of the UK scene and encouraging up and comers.
Destiny, to prove the doubters wrong
Tyler, to reinvigorate the fire

To lose:
The invites, but that is to say simply that I don't want a Korean top four. A stomping of the foreigners would make for a bad impression.
CombatEX, whom I believe is attending. Seeing the guy do well wouldn't have a good vibe.
Karakaxe
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden585 Posts
June 01 2011 21:06 GMT
#130
1. Haypro - I feel like there is only a few people who know how good haypro really is, I think he is getting into his prime again soon. (especially since he lives in Sweden now)

2. Moon - There is no explanation as to why he isn't doing well in Korea yet. He has the APM and mechanics of a true Zerg monster. I think he still has wc3 in his mind.

3. Morrow - I've seen his Swedish interviews and he always seems so calm and confident in them, he has the mindset you need to win tournaments and I think he's def going to top3 this MLG.

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight.
Chvol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States200 Posts
June 01 2011 21:07 GMT
#131
Win - TLO, HayprO, Machine

Lose - Kiwikaki
PlasticMilk
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada48 Posts
June 01 2011 21:10 GMT
#132
To Win

Destiny: Generally an underrated player and his improvement makes him a deserving player to at least 'win' in some sort of standards.

SeleCT: He clearly has the potential to win it and he would be a deserving player to win it as well. Great personality and overall I think he deserves it with all the practice he does.

IdrA: Just want to see his BM

MMA: Just because

Catz: Just because he's creative and a great personality.

To Lose:

Cruncher: If he won it'd be pretty undeserving imo. Though he's a pretty good player, his personality is lackluster.

Naniwa: Not hoping he fails, Just hoping he loses if he makes it into the finals =P someone else needs the spotlight of 26-2 haha.

where do dreams go
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:12:04
June 01 2011 21:10 GMT
#133
I completely disagree with the 3 hopes because I guess its objective and I consider them terrible. I do agree with the fails.

My hope is MMA, naniwa( because he will take the gsl spot, otherwise would be thorzain) and ret ( and in my heart grubby, but his recent results ;( )
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Crisco
Profile Joined March 2011
1170 Posts
June 01 2011 21:11 GMT
#134
Win - Koreans (except moon)

Very strong korean players are playing & koreans have yet to do poorly in a major lan situation. I don't want them to sweep though, just one would be fine.
Rokusha
Profile Joined January 2011
United States207 Posts
June 01 2011 21:15 GMT
#135
Winners: Idra, Catz or Destiny, and any Korean player. I would also like CombatEx to make it far because it would be hilarious that one of the most bm and hated player beat out everyone.

I don't really wish anyone to fail in particular.
storm44
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
1293 Posts
June 01 2011 21:15 GMT
#136
Win- Kiwikaki needs to win at least one time after being in the finals twice.
Naniwa/Thorzain so they can go to Korea and own faces

Lose- Haypro, Incontrol, Ret because I think these guys are overrated
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:18:52
June 01 2011 21:15 GMT
#137
On June 02 2011 05:43 Pokebunny wrote:
Win: Pokebunny
Fail: Everyone not on VT


This post made me smile, ha. Bunnies are so cute :3

On June 02 2011 05:08 Corrik wrote:
Wait... why are people saying Huk?


Apparently lots of people don't know who is actually going. o;
Kazragore
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States369 Posts
June 01 2011 21:19 GMT
#138
To Win:
Tyler
IdrA
Incontrol
Destiny

To Lose:
The Koreans (just so we can say we beat 'em)
Cruncher
Imagine if i had a REAL weapon
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-01 21:23:03
June 01 2011 21:21 GMT
#139
Win:
Select overall (I want him to win a big tournament, rather than consistently getting high places in everything he enters.
DeMuslim. Come on man. DO IT! For Rotti. For EG. FOR ME!
Idra. I want him to place highly (top 5 at least).
MrBitter. Just because.
LiquidTyler. I want this to happen. Now. Win, then win more, then win everything. I want ChillToss to be everything and everywhere.

Lose:
I don't wish ill of any player, but...
Gretorp. I really like him as a caster and person, but to me he represents everything that is wrong with the MLG system. Get out of the top 16 please.
Koreans. I want them to be successful, but I want them to lose in legitimate and epic games to top Americans and Europeans.
There. No hate, just love, respect, and a stupid tourney system.

Edit: Oh shit, I forgot Tyler. My mistake, don't hurt me.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Poobah
Profile Joined February 2010
England91 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 00:57:34
June 01 2011 21:23 GMT
#140
Win:

Pokebunny - he was kicking my ass at BW since when I was as old as he is now. Of course I want to see him do well.

DeMusliM - go go UK

Tyler - Tyler Fighting! This guy rocks.

Lose:

Idra - I love, love, love his play. The man is unquestionably an extremely talented player. Unfortunately his attitude leaves much to be desired. I'd much rather see people following and looking up to someone like Sheth, who as we all know is the nicest, most chill guy in the world.

Major - I don't really approve of the team-jumping shenanigans. Very mercenary.

General comments: I don't want to see an absolute complete foreigner stomp, with a total Korean all-kill, but I don't want to see the Koreans get annihilated early either. I'd also like to see everyone from Team Liquid do well, especially TLO. Also I'd like to see a Nani - Thorzain rematch somewhere in that carnage if at all possible, which should make for an epic game and a nice talking point for fans.
This above all: to thine own self be true
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1211
Horang2 1132
ggaemo 672
Larva 583
Stork 347
Bisu 339
Leta 214
PianO 187
Killer 45
Hyuk 45
[ Show more ]
Sexy 36
EffOrt 29
Bale 24
yabsab 20
Hm[arnc] 15
ZergMaN 15
sorry 13
Soma 11
Dota 2
XcaliburYe273
League of Legends
JimRising 353
Reynor86
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1203
Other Games
crisheroes144
Mew2King120
ArmadaUGS57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6141
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Stunt1249
• Jankos1102
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
41m
Online Event
1h 41m
FEL
6h 41m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 41m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 41m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.