• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:19
CEST 03:19
KST 10:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8120 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
feebas
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland268 Posts
June 02 2011 22:23 GMT
#321
To win: Europeasants from the open bracket, NA terrans (come on, guys!)

To lose: NA protosses
paska peli
Mephiztopheles1
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
1124 Posts
June 02 2011 22:26 GMT
#322
On June 03 2011 05:48 Shadowcloak wrote:
To win select cuzz he deserves a big tournement name and he is NA's only hope in winning a gsl once

To perform well
Thorzain so the koreans wont say it was luck or lagg or all the other bs they said
Moonan because he blew my mind in dallas
Kiwikaki because i saw his loss in gsl 3 quilifier it was lame :/

To perform horibble
Moon dont like him dont like his ... Bm like changeling dropping when youre winning.
Mc for his retarded ego
The entire sixjax and Complexity team overhyped second rate players ESPecially cruncher

So by your standards, you'd hate almost every terran out there, since they drop mules and what not when they know they've won... Stop giving so much importance to those things. And thank god you apparently never watched the Losira vs Bomber match.

How is a korean NA's only hope? I'm puzzled.

I'd like mixed results from the koreans which I think will most likely happen. As to who I wish would do well and some not perform as better I think the positions they're in speaks more than any personal desire. July has it really tough with potential meetings with Thorzain and Morrow to knock him out, whereas somebody like Moon (I think, the korean who shares the group with Naniwa) has a relatively easy ride into the championship bracket (when compared to other brackets, that is).

All but four will fail, so I don't wanna wish bad luck to any player
dizzy101
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands2066 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 22:34:04
June 02 2011 22:28 GMT
#323
Win: Europeans, SixjaxMajor, Select, DDE

Lose: The usual overhyped NA players
jinorazi
Profile Joined October 2004
Korea (South)4948 Posts
June 02 2011 22:30 GMT
#324
i have a feeling when select goes back to korea, everyone is going to call him traitor, lol.
age: 84 | location: california | sex: 잘함
pirates
Profile Joined October 2010
United States701 Posts
June 02 2011 22:30 GMT
#325
I would love to see players like Moon, HayprO, Tyler, ect do well. They are amazingly talented and gifted individuals but they rarely get the attention they deserve in Star2. Best of luck to all of the players who have been unlucky or under performing lately. I hope they all continue to practice hard and show the results they are capable of.
Triscuit
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States722 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 14:25:46
June 03 2011 14:13 GMT
#326
On June 02 2011 15:00 Piledriver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 14:40 neo_sporin wrote:
On June 02 2011 14:31 Piledriver wrote:
To fail:

IdrA - This guy needs some humility. He thinks he's the best in the world but has no tournament wins to back it up. All talk, no results. The sad part is, if he loses it will be blamed on imba. Pathetic.

Dont want anyone else to fail


To Win:

MorroW/Moon/Losira -All fabulous zergs and I personally root for Moon and Morrow. Also if MorroW wins and IdrA loses, that will be the final slap in the face for IdrA for his BM after losing in IEM 2010 to MorroW (who was playing T at that time).


IPL would like to talk to you regarding Idra.


IPL lineup was extremely weak, even weaker than some TSL open qualifier tournaments, with no Europeans or Koreans, so ofc. he dominated. His only real competition was SeleCt, Sheth and KiWiKaKi. IdrA is the best player in NA, but world wide he is probably 6th or 7th zerg behind July, NesTea, Morrow, Dimaga, Losira (and perhaps even Moon, judging by their head to head record in the last IEM 2011 and Zenio). IMO the only tournament that he actually did well at was MLG DC, that too back in 2010. The past 6 months have been very mediocre, especially for a guy who talks smack like him. If you talk smack, you better have the dominating results to back it up.


To win the IPL, IdrA beat Fenix, Drewbie, Kiwikaki (twice) and Select. Come on now, be serious.

He is easily one of the best, whether you like it or not.

People I want to do well:

Idra, Thorzain, and July. These are all really talented players and I especially want to see some magic from Thorzain. July just reminds me of a pit bull. He's slowly revolutionizing the way Zerg play, and I like that.

Incontrol: I just really like Incontrol as a community person. He generates a lot of content and I just like him as a person.

People I want to fail:

MC: I just don't like his play. I think it's exceptionally boring.

Moon: I think he's a very sloppy player. I haven't watched a game by Moon that I thought "wow Moon really deserves to win this."

Cruncher: Naturally.
whaty0uwant
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand346 Posts
June 03 2011 14:21 GMT
#327
So hoping Select makes it to the finals and wins! This guy is soo good he needs to win a title!
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10960 Posts
June 03 2011 14:22 GMT
#328
On June 03 2011 07:30 pirates wrote:
I would love to see players like Moon, HayprO, Tyler, ect do well. They are amazingly talented and gifted individuals but they rarely get the attention they deserve in Star2. Best of luck to all of the players who have been unlucky or under performing lately. I hope they all continue to practice hard and show the results they are capable of.


Actually, at least Tyler and Haypro, have gotten way to much attention.


I would love to see them do good, but at the moment they are no "truely" big names and you wouldn't here much/anything from them if they wouldn't be on Teamliquid (and in the case of tyler sotg).
They had/made their name before SC2 hit and atm have next to nothing to show for it... They need to win something with serious competition soon or they will vanish, no matter how talented or strong they are in practise games.


I would love to see tyler grinning after he finally owned it up :D.
HelloxD
Profile Joined May 2011
378 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 14:28:46
June 03 2011 14:25 GMT
#329
On June 03 2011 05:48 Shadowcloak wrote:
To win select cuzz he deserves a big tournement name and he is NA's only hope in winning a gsl once

To perform well
Thorzain so the koreans wont say it was luck or lagg or all the other bs they said
Moonan because he blew my mind in dallas
Kiwikaki because i saw his loss in gsl 3 quilifier it was lame :/

To perform horibble
Moon dont like him dont like his ... Bm like changeling dropping when youre winning.
Mc for his retarded ego
The entire sixjax and Complexity team overhyped second rate players ESPecially cruncher


I don't blame you that you don't like Moon, its just your opinion...but Moon is a very mannered player [fyi] don't spread wrong things about my Moon

Gingerninja
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1339 Posts
June 03 2011 14:27 GMT
#330
3 Wishes for good, 3 for bad..

*July to win without losing a game, making his opponents go home considering quitting starcraft and buying CoD instead.

*Tyler to do well, I'd like to see him pull a huge result. Him taking 2nd to July would be fine by me.

*Naniwa.. I'd love to see him keep that MLG streak going, Dallas was like a fairytale for him.


I dunno If I have any bad ones, I'd like to see Incontrol either prove he belongs in top 16 by terrorizing his bracket, or dropping down. Otherwise, nothing come's to mind.
戦いの中に答えはある
Nerchio
Profile Joined October 2009
Poland2633 Posts
June 03 2011 14:29 GMT
#331
I am suprised how many people think Thorzain is going to succeed. From what i've seen and experienced while watching/playing against him, it seems that he is not going to get far because he is in his very top shape in the tournaments with 1-2 week preparation and i just don't see him going through so many opponents.
Progamer"I am the best" - Nerchio , 2017.
Titorelli
Profile Joined March 2011
2492 Posts
June 03 2011 14:30 GMT
#332
On June 02 2011 07:30 rickybobby wrote:
to win:
tyler because i just rewatched that video of his first courage
mma because hes a sick baller
tastosis because theyre there

to lose:
i dont really care but i dont want or expect any Koreans to get rolled
and im hoping for a cruncher vs idra


Where can I find this courage vid of Tyler?
"Everybody poops.... after Tasteless kills them" Artosis
HelloxD
Profile Joined May 2011
378 Posts
June 03 2011 14:33 GMT
#333
On June 03 2011 23:13 Triscuit wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 15:00 Piledriver wrote:
On June 02 2011 14:40 neo_sporin wrote:
On June 02 2011 14:31 Piledriver wrote:
To fail:

IdrA - This guy needs some humility. He thinks he's the best in the world but has no tournament wins to back it up. All talk, no results. The sad part is, if he loses it will be blamed on imba. Pathetic.

Dont want anyone else to fail


To Win:

MorroW/Moon/Losira -All fabulous zergs and I personally root for Moon and Morrow. Also if MorroW wins and IdrA loses, that will be the final slap in the face for IdrA for his BM after losing in IEM 2010 to MorroW (who was playing T at that time).


IPL would like to talk to you regarding Idra.


IPL lineup was extremely weak, even weaker than some TSL open qualifier tournaments, with no Europeans or Koreans, so ofc. he dominated. His only real competition was SeleCt, Sheth and KiWiKaKi. IdrA is the best player in NA, but world wide he is probably 6th or 7th zerg behind July, NesTea, Morrow, Dimaga, Losira (and perhaps even Moon, judging by their head to head record in the last IEM 2011 and Zenio). IMO the only tournament that he actually did well at was MLG DC, that too back in 2010. The past 6 months have been very mediocre, especially for a guy who talks smack like him. If you talk smack, you better have the dominating results to back it up.


To win the IPL, IdrA beat Fenix, Drewbie, Kiwikaki (twice) and Select. Come on now, be serious.

He is easily one of the best, whether you like it or not.

People I want to do well:

Idra, Thorzain, and July. These are all really talented players and I especially want to see some magic from Thorzain. July just reminds me of a pit bull. He's slowly revolutionizing the way Zerg play, and I like that.

Incontrol: I just really like Incontrol as a community person. He generates a lot of content and I just like him as a person.

People I want to fail:

MC: I just don't like his play. I think it's exceptionally boring.

Moon: I think he's a very sloppy player. I haven't watched a game by Moon that I thought "wow Moon really deserves to win this."

Cruncher: Naturally.


Well, i highly recommend you go to his wikipedia page. Watch Moon vs kiwikaki. Watch Moon vs Squirtle on Shakura's Plateau. And MC is very interesting.. too interesting actually -_-
dpL
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden571 Posts
June 03 2011 14:33 GMT
#334
On June 03 2011 23:29 Nerchio wrote:
I am suprised how many people think Thorzain is going to succeed. From what i've seen and experienced while watching/playing against him, it seems that he is not going to get far because he is in his very top shape in the tournaments with 1-2 week preparation and i just don't see him going through so many opponents.

With a minimal amount of luck he can make it through the open at the very least.
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
June 03 2011 14:35 GMT
#335
On June 03 2011 23:30 Titorelli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 07:30 rickybobby wrote:
to win:
tyler because i just rewatched that video of his first courage
mma because hes a sick baller
tastosis because theyre there

to lose:
i dont really care but i dont want or expect any Koreans to get rolled
and im hoping for a cruncher vs idra


Where can I find this courage vid of Tyler?


[image loading]
HelloxD
Profile Joined May 2011
378 Posts
June 03 2011 14:35 GMT
#336
So is it only me that thinks Grubby is gonna make it through the open bracket?
zaii
Profile Joined October 2010
Guam2611 Posts
June 03 2011 14:37 GMT
#337
On June 03 2011 23:35 HelloxD wrote:
So is it only me that thinks Grubby is gonna make it through the open bracket?


sure... if he was there....
Anda
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany152 Posts
June 03 2011 14:38 GMT
#338
WIN:
ThorZain
JulyZerg
TLO

FAIL:
MC
inControl
IdrA
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 14:38:49
June 03 2011 14:38 GMT
#339
Win:
Idra
KiwiKaki
Incontrol

Fail:
TLO
Moon
Select
Cathasaigh
Profile Joined April 2010
United States285 Posts
June 03 2011 14:44 GMT
#340
On June 03 2011 23:35 HelloxD wrote:
So is it only me that thinks Grubby is gonna make it through the open bracket?

He's at his brother's wedding or something so he can't make this MLG. (Yeah I know, his brother sure is a dick for having his wedding during MLG right?)
This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow!
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm227
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g8885
JimRising 684
PiGStarcraft454
ViBE151
ArmadaUGS100
Mew2King89
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1279
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 112
• davetesta55
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 41m
INu's Battles
10h 41m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 41m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 41m
Replay Cast
21h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.