• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:51
CEST 21:51
KST 04:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
June 02 2011 02:10 GMT
#261
To win:
Naniwa - I was on this train way before he won the last MLG.
iNcontroL - He has something to prove and I love how excited he was about his last finish.
MMA - My favorite Korean in attendance.

To lose:
Destiny.

There's nobody else I dislike, I wish them all the best!
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Blasphemi
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom980 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 02:12:19
June 02 2011 02:11 GMT
#262
On June 02 2011 11:09 ak1knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 10:38 Blasphemi wrote:
On June 02 2011 09:33 ELA wrote:
To win:
1. 'Liquid player - Ret, Haypro and Tyler in particular, but any one will do.
2. DeMuslim - Love his playstyle, very likable personality
3. ThorZain - Strong style, he makes exciting game.

To lose:
1. Bomber - Because a Korean losing a MLG hopefully will help the "Koreans are so much better, dosn't even compare, stay away from Korea foriegners, etc. etc."
2. Losira - Same as Bomber
3. idrA - Getting tired of his approach to the game - "Everyone else OP, this game is retarded" is annyoing to keep hearing, especially in a period where Zergs are doing great.


I wouldn't neccessarily say Zergs are doing great. Nestea is doing great, because he's fucking ridiculous.

The only other Zergs really winning anything recently are Idra (IPL) and Losira (Code A), as opposed to Terran and Protoss where a load of players are winning stuff all over the place.

8 of the top 16 in NASL are Z...


I don't put much weight on NASL group play if they dominate the LAN in the same way then that's a different thing.
Billd
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada210 Posts
June 02 2011 02:11 GMT
#263
To Win: Destiny - I'd like to see him do well in the open bracket. He's faired well against some good players recently on the ladder and in custom games and I'm a fan of his stream -.^

Tyler - Like many here I want to see Tyler do well. He has a tough pool, though. I'm not sure where his PvZ is at right now.

Idra - I play zerg and I love watching him ZvT and in his pool I'll get to see it a lot and I hope he wins those games.

To Lose: No one really for me personally. I would've said Nani a couple weeks ago because he seemed like a bit of a prude to me but after he was on State of the Game the other day and after watching that behind the scenes video with him at Dallas I have a new found understanding of European humor and see him in a different light now . I also think he's very determined to win this one because he was very disappointed in himself after the TSL and is a good karaoke singer.
@BilldSC I tweet about all things Starcraft 2!
ZergMaestro
Profile Joined January 2011
United States169 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 02:26:56
June 02 2011 02:12 GMT
#264
I am rooting for the koreans.

since everyone else seems to be rooting for the others. I hope they go 1 2 3, and 4. I don't care in what order.
I wouldn't mind seeing the german beast TLO winning a MLG.


To win:
Koreans

TLO

Tyler



To Lose: Destiny, TT1, and Catz.


Edit: oh shiit I need 3 and 3



Ma Jae Yoon #1. The ONLY Maestro. Effort.
Darkthorn
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania912 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 02:18:47
June 02 2011 02:16 GMT
#265
On June 02 2011 10:51 sereniity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 10:37 Darkthorn wrote:
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC

Ever heard of lag?:D Except for thorzain vs mc which was actually 3-2 and they both played from Europe.


Blaming ThorZains losses on lag? No, just no...

I am blaming other's people loses on lag not his...
By other people I mean: FD,NesTea,MvP...most of the koreans...
ak1knight
Profile Joined April 2010
United States313 Posts
June 02 2011 02:19 GMT
#266
On June 02 2011 11:12 ZergMaestro wrote:
I am rooting for the koreans.

since everyone else seems to be rooting for the others. I hope they go 1 2 3, and 4. I don't care in what order.

I wouldn't mind seeing the german beast TLO winning a MLG.

To Lose: Destiny, TT1, and Catz. (EDIT) and HuK

HuK isn't even in MLG lol
w00t
ZergMaestro
Profile Joined January 2011
United States169 Posts
June 02 2011 02:22 GMT
#267
On June 02 2011 11:19 ak1knight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 11:12 ZergMaestro wrote:
I am rooting for the koreans.

since everyone else seems to be rooting for the others. I hope they go 1 2 3, and 4. I don't care in what order.

I wouldn't mind seeing the german beast TLO winning a MLG.

To Lose: Destiny, TT1, and Catz. (EDIT) and HuK

HuK isn't even in MLG lol



Welp I'm retarded then. I like rooting against players, or a team more then rooting for them. Its how I like to watch my sports.
Ma Jae Yoon #1. The ONLY Maestro. Effort.
LlamaNamedOsama
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1900 Posts
June 02 2011 02:28 GMT
#268
To win:

TLO - self-explanatory. Especially with his carpal tunnel, but still powering through starcraft without borders, he's just a trooper, really creative, and has amazing micro, fan since the start. He's consistently done well, hope he overcomes all odds despite physical limits and nabs the title!

Tyler - hella chill bro, hope he finds his mojo back and gets some big wins.

ThorZain - hope he stuns the haters and proves that he's not a one-hit wonder.

No one really to dislike and hoep to lose, maybe just whatever opponents face the above 3
Dario Wünsch: I guess...Creator...met his maker *sunglasses*
BeastofManju
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States79 Posts
June 02 2011 02:29 GMT
#269
To Win:

1) Open Bracket Player. Some unknown player not even sponsored just to shove it and rub it in the pros faces.

2) Idra. I really feel for him and his troubles that he has to go through and all of his ideas and points of Zerg.

3) Thorzain (he is in open bracket also but I really like him)

4) Root Players. Really underdog team so if any team has to win I hope its them.

Losers
1) SOTG Protoss Players. Nony aka Tyler. I can't stand this guys personality and attitude. I just think he lacks motivation and that "eye of the tiger." He seems weak and there is a reason why he hasnt done anything big in SC2 tournament scene. He recently played the campain again.. but this is just my opinion.

INcontrol.: Both Tyler and Jeff I find sooo full of themselves. This is just my what I think and is my opinon. I feel both of them to be too cocky enough and not on par with their skill levels. I.E. they talk alot but have nothing to show for it. Jeff is at least a really funny guy which is why is is not number 1.I would love for these guys to get shut out in every game that they play.

I would also like to note I loveeee state of the game. But I belive people give these guys way more credit then I think they deserve. *(this statement is an opinon and of course subject to my personal bais I have.)

3) vVv Clan

4) Any Terran Players that do a 2rax/3rax allin with scv's on a close position map.

5) Koreans. I really want them to get eliminated early and be baffled at the foreign scenes strength. Although unlikely I would love to see them lose to Open Bracket Players and eliminated.
The raven nevermore.
nufcrulz
Profile Joined February 2010
Singapore934 Posts
June 02 2011 02:38 GMT
#270
to fail: mma, bomber, losira, moon
to win: anyone else..
Hondelul
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
1999 Posts
June 02 2011 02:39 GMT
#271
On June 02 2011 11:11 Blasphemi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 11:09 ak1knight wrote:
On June 02 2011 10:38 Blasphemi wrote:
On June 02 2011 09:33 ELA wrote:
To win:
1. 'Liquid player - Ret, Haypro and Tyler in particular, but any one will do.
2. DeMuslim - Love his playstyle, very likable personality
3. ThorZain - Strong style, he makes exciting game.

To lose:
1. Bomber - Because a Korean losing a MLG hopefully will help the "Koreans are so much better, dosn't even compare, stay away from Korea foriegners, etc. etc."
2. Losira - Same as Bomber
3. idrA - Getting tired of his approach to the game - "Everyone else OP, this game is retarded" is annyoing to keep hearing, especially in a period where Zergs are doing great.


I wouldn't neccessarily say Zergs are doing great. Nestea is doing great, because he's fucking ridiculous.

The only other Zergs really winning anything recently are Idra (IPL) and Losira (Code A), as opposed to Terran and Protoss where a load of players are winning stuff all over the place.

8 of the top 16 in NASL are Z...


I don't put much weight on NASL group play if they dominate the LAN in the same way then that's a different thing.


I would put much weight in group play, but everybody have to make his own statistics.
Mine is (2.6.2011 4.30 cest)

- Top 2 of each group advance: 4 Zerg, 2 Protoss, 4 Terran
- Top 30 overall advance: 9 Terran, 9 Zerg, 12 Protoss

looks perfect reasonable and distributed to me

If you stop counting after 16 for whatever reason you have 8 Zerg out of 16 players.
If you take top 4 you have 3 Zerg.
If you take top player, you have a terran.

Statistics is a whore


Back to topic (I don´t like it btw)

-To win:
Haypro (love his personality)
DDE (close to advance at NASL, like rising stars)
Demuslim (was fantastic, time to prove it after his injury)

-To lose:
undeserved seeded ones, can´t say special names. Imo it is just unfair to have such advantages over open bracket.
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
June 02 2011 02:40 GMT
#272
On June 02 2011 11:08 Blasphemi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 02 2011 11:03 Scribble wrote:
On June 02 2011 10:53 Blasphemi wrote:
On June 02 2011 10:51 sereniity wrote:
On June 02 2011 10:37 Darkthorn wrote:
On June 02 2011 04:35 apm66 wrote:
"everyone will just say " well MC, Nestea, MVP, and MKP weren't there so its not like you beat the best""

I beg to differ! Did you even watch TSL3?

Thorzain 2-0 Fruitdealer
Adelscott 2-0 MVP
Thorzain 3-0 MC

Ever heard of lag?:D Except for thorzain vs mc which was actually 3-2 and they both played from Europe.


Blaming ThorZains losses on lag? No, just no...


Feel free to run the Korea ping test to see what latency you'd get playing on their servers. I got 425ms to them, I don't know how anyone could suggest you'd be able to play close to your best like that.


Thorzain played Fruitdealer (Kor-Eu, which I think was just played on NA), Tyler (EU-NA), MC (Both were in EU when this happened), Kas (EU-EU), and Naniwa (NA-NA, a room apart).

The only match which you could even argue that was influenced by lag was him vs FD, and more went into Fruitdealer's loss than latency.


Have you ever actually tried to play a game, any game, with 400ms? I don't think people realise quite how awful that is.


Did you read my post..at all? He played one match where latency could have had a major effect, and there was far more going on in the FD games than just lag. Instead of looking at the servers and the results, try actually looking at the decisions the players made during the game and tell me that FD wouldn't have lost even if there was no lag at all.
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
June 02 2011 02:42 GMT
#273
After reading this thread, I would like nothing more than for Gretorp to take a huge shit all over some of his anti-fans.

Figuratively of course.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
June 02 2011 02:42 GMT
#274
On June 02 2011 04:31 neo_sporin wrote:
EDIT:
to win:
Destiny--Before Dallas on SOTG the pillars basically said hes good but not great and won't do well, he doesn't take practice very seriously, etc. Well he has now qualified for IPL2 (something Tyler failed to do) and I hope this gives him some confidence to tear up the open bracket. Hopefully this time he doesn't let any spires die from being off of creep...

To fail!
Gretorp--Dear god, the guy has the 16th seed for Dallas because 2 people decide not so show and then he goes something like 2-5 (by all means correct me, but I'm pretty confident it was a very losing record) and gets 16th seed again. Someone please just knock him out of the pool play already. I don't mind him as a person so much, but just based on results and continued "success" in MLG it makes me sad that the system works in a way where someone can have pretty bad results, but still get seeded.


Well like it or not but Gretorp is clearly the better player...
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
fer
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada375 Posts
June 02 2011 03:04 GMT
#275
I highly doubt it would be bad for Ezportssz if Tyler decided to move on from progaming. Lol.

Three to win:
• IdrA
• Bomber
• MMA

Three to fail:
• 3(Do not care)
WellPlayed.org <3
WarSame
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1950 Posts
June 02 2011 03:30 GMT
#276
Hope to win:

Liquid'Tyler - Dude definitely needs to break out of his slump. It's just getting bad now.

DDE - one of my favourite Terrans, I just want to see him play more games.

Major - This guy has a very interesting style, and I want to be able to see him play a lot of games too. I hate his personality, but play-style-wise I want him to win.

Hope to lose:

Catz - the guy is just not solid at all. I hate his play, I hate his playstyle, and I feel like he's just not a great player.

Destiny - this guy is in the same boat. Standard ladder player, not impressive in any way, not solid even, not a good player. Also, I dislike his normal personality.

And I want to see Idra lose some games in embarrassing fashion again, but I do like to see him play, so...
Can it be I stayed away too long? Did you miss these rhymes while I was gone?
Th0R
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada359 Posts
June 02 2011 03:31 GMT
#277
3 to win
-TLO
-SeleCT
-any Evolution player (of course thats coming form me, lol)

To Lose
-IdrA
-Naniwa
Protoss Player | @ScThoR_ | www.Twitch.tv/ScThoR | Business Student and Entrepreneur
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 03:35:09
June 02 2011 03:34 GMT
#278
3 To Win:
-Someone Awesome
-Someone Else Awesome
-Someone Else That Is Also Awesome

3 To Lose
-Lag
-Eagles Possibly
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Andorra
Profile Joined May 2011
Andorra64 Posts
June 02 2011 04:03 GMT
#279
On June 02 2011 11:01 Irrelevant wrote:
Catz (his last blow up and constant crying about Koreans in NASL being unfair to lesser players, would love to see him get kicked out by Koreans)


Too bad he never cried about Koreans being in NASL.
Sworn
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada920 Posts
June 02 2011 04:08 GMT
#280
Select - Without doubt my favourite terran ever.
Thorzain - He's just so cute and fun to watch he needs to go far
Naniwa - Would love to see a rematch between him and Thorzain for the finals.

To lose

Idra - Some BM on my fav website and your constant QQing even though your a good player I wish you were more mature.

Catz - Overrated as a player IMO just hope to see Root crash and burn I guess.

Drewbie - Beat me in the Vancouver LAN sooo you know payback vicariously through MLG
"Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather." CJ Entus Fighting! <3 Effort
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason78
BRAT_OK 67
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17824
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 185
Hyuk 140
ggaemo 109
firebathero 106
ZZZero.O 79
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8267
febbydoto12
League of Legends
Doublelift1370
Counter-Strike
Fnx 603
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4437
Khaldor1382
crisheroes931
Liquid`Hasu798
Other Games
summit1g3881
FrodaN2983
fl0m1108
Beastyqt798
KnowMe337
mouzStarbuck332
ArmadaUGS133
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 112
• Adnapsc2 24
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8240
Other Games
• imaqtpie746
• Shiphtur261
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 10m
INu's Battles
16h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 10m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.