• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:16
CEST 16:16
KST 23:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9369 users

MLG Columbus Three hopes to win and three to fail - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
DonaldLee
Profile Joined August 2010
586 Posts
June 02 2011 00:19 GMT
#221
To win: Tyler, for all the reasons people have been saying. Koreans, because they are better StarCraft players, and I want them to show it.

To lose: No one, because I'm not that petty.
corpsepose
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1678 Posts
June 02 2011 00:23 GMT
#222
ret, idra, losira for the win. i'd be fine with any of the korean terrans/select taking away the prize too. also hoping that destiny proves himself to some degree, although i'm kinda doubtful at this point

major and cruncher are the 2 players i most want to see lose. i can't think of a third off the top of my head, but i'm sure one exists.
http://www.twitch.tv/corpsep0se
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
June 02 2011 00:25 GMT
#223
whoever plays Bomber and MMA are likely in deep shit

they are just so amazing
Headnoob
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia2108 Posts
June 02 2011 00:26 GMT
#224
Want idra, MR BITTERS and MMA, mainly mr bitters though.

i'd like destiny to fail 3 times, but if not i'll take catz getting destroyed too.
SiguR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada2039 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 00:27:37
June 02 2011 00:27 GMT
#225
To win:

Demuslim - Prove the haters wrong
Catz - Prove the haters wrong
Tyler - GLORY

To lose:

There's people i don't want to see win, but when i think about those people getting crushed instead I feel very sad. I don't want to shit on the dreams of anybody.

I hope the most humble and hard working (or most deserving) players do the best at MLG.
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
June 02 2011 00:27 GMT
#226
hope demuslim, tyler and everybody else does good


i don't wish anyone to fail because i'm not a dick
Kevmeister @ Dota2
-Strider-
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico1605 Posts
June 02 2011 00:33 GMT
#227
To win..
1)A korean
2)A korean
3)A korean

To lose...just Naniwa, because I feel he's overrated and he had an easy path last MLG and last TSL
What is up? IM NESTEAAAA!
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 22:02:05
June 02 2011 00:33 GMT
#228
To win:
1. 'Liquid player - Ret, Haypro and Tyler in particular, but any one will do.
2. DeMuslim - Love his playstyle, very likable personality
3. ThorZain - Strong style, he makes exciting game.

To lose:
1. Bomber - Because a Korean losing a MLG hopefully will help the "Koreans are so much better, dosn't even compare, stay away from Korea foriegners, etc. etc."
2. Losira - Same as Bomber
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
ePLocust
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States587 Posts
June 02 2011 00:34 GMT
#229
I really want idra to get his face stomped in cause he needs to get knocked down a couple of notches but I wanna see Naniwa do well as well as the koreans.
CosmicHippo
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States547 Posts
June 02 2011 00:36 GMT
#230
pretty sure destiny and catz are going to get fucking dominated by better players, i see no chance for them to actually win
Yeah i've got your zerg riiiight here! *gulps beer*
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
June 02 2011 00:39 GMT
#231
win:
SeleCT - very strong terran i love watching play
Gretorp - been a fan since his days of streaming BW, it may not come out in NASL but he is an outstanding player
Drewbie - extremely entertaining player to watch (as well as the rest of his team)

lose:
Sheth - nothing really against him but his fans get on my nerves
Cruncher - boring player
MMA - itd be funny to see a top tier korean get taken down at a LAN, no excuses ;D
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
June 02 2011 00:42 GMT
#232
On June 02 2011 09:39 Warpath wrote:
MMA - itd be funny to see a top tier korean get taken down at a LAN, no excuses ;D


sadly people will always find something to blame for a korean lost, ei: jetlag :/
Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
June 02 2011 00:48 GMT
#233
Win:
TLO: Really want to see something good from him
Ret: Kickass zerg, but just doesn't seem to get too far in these
Tyler: ....I really wanna see Liquid pull out of their slump >.>

Lose:
Cruncher: Hate his style of play. Seems to talk a lot of shit too.
Bomber: Tired of the dick riding. I want an upset
No one else in particular
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Badfatpanda
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States9719 Posts
June 02 2011 00:50 GMT
#234
This is kinda a troll thread but I will say who I would like to make it: demuslim mma and select
Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. -Beethoven | Mech isn't a build, it's a way of life. -MajOr | Charlie.Sheen: "What is sarcastic, kids who have no courage to fight?" | #TerranPride #yolo #swag -Naama after 2-0'ing MC at HSC VI
kNightLite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States408 Posts
June 02 2011 00:58 GMT
#235
Win:
1. ST.Bomber. I think MLG should be won by the best player, and I think either him or MMA are the favorites.
2. FXO.QXC. He's been slumping lately and could really use a comeback. I'm a big fan of his stream. I don't think he'd win, I'd just like to see him back in the championship bracket.
3. EG.Lzgamer. Like QXC, I'm a fan of his stream. Did great in beta, and still really good, but hasn't earned any big tournament wins so far.

Lose:
1. Gretorp. The fact he's still seeded exemplifies everything wrong with the MLG format.
2. FOX.Moon. I don't want to see Koreans sweep Colombus, and I think Moon is the weakest link of the bunch.
3. Root.Destiny. Not a fan of the guy in general.
Rokevo
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1033 Posts
June 02 2011 01:04 GMT
#236
win: IdrA, Tyler, iNcontrol

lose: cruncher, no one else really. Im gonna root againts the koreans, not because I have anything against the players, but I gotta cheer for the foreigners :p
lee365
Profile Joined December 2010
United States448 Posts
June 02 2011 01:15 GMT
#237
Win:
MMA: I'm a big SlayerS fan, hes also a great player
Idra: One of the best zergs out there, I personally like his games
TLO (or any Liquid player): I want to see some interesting stuff, Also interested if staying in a team house has made him improve, pull Liquid out of their slump.
Lose:
Bomber: I think he is over hyped and needs to lose a bit
Cruncher: Boring play style
ThorZain: He wrecked my Liquibet in the TSL
Terran Fighting! NoSoupfOu.517
Rhokdar
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark240 Posts
June 02 2011 01:17 GMT
#238
On June 02 2011 09:33 -Strider- wrote:
To lose...just Naniwa, because I feel he's overrated and he had an easy path last MLG and last TSL

I really hope you are trolling. His paths were no way easy, and he had a win spree of like 35 Best of X
Lolsss
Profile Joined April 2011
England106 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 01:30:29
June 02 2011 01:26 GMT
#239
Hmm. im liking the OP's picks.

to do well -

Idra - by far the most fun to watch, great player, great drama.
destiny - same as idra except not such a great player and not as much drama. i like him though
Demuslim - nice guy and englands only real hope

to fail
moon - looks too much like an alien and seems overrated
gretorp - looks too dopey and seems like hes has an easy ride
incontrol - well, not exactly weird looking and hes a nice guy but i think hes been kind of lucky with his recent okayish results.
Furycrab
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada456 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 01:30:38
June 02 2011 01:30 GMT
#240
Gretorp comment was rather funny, since that was pretty much Incontrol last MLG* and he ended up Top 4



To Win:

Incontrol: I just love the guy, funny and in his own way charming. This is the kinda guy I want to see in an winners interview.

TLO: I don't think I need to explain how this guy is awesome and deserves a big win.

Haypro: Everyone says he's awesome, I've seen some awesome games of him, but somehow has no real results to show for it yet... Here's hoping he breaks that curse.

To fail
Gonna name just one guy. Everyone else I wish the best, but I'm hoping this is the tournament Idra gets wacked really hard, like top 32 hard. I think the current system makes it almost impossible for him to do that badly... But hey a guy can always hope.

Yes I know that in saying that I really hope he fails I'm basically saying I might follow his matches more than some other guy and maybe the game needs some villains. I hate how the world works sometimes.
Too tired to come up with something witty.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 356
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36855
Bisu 3079
Hyuk 1610
Shuttle 1369
Mini 731
EffOrt 683
Larva 427
Soma 354
ZerO 253
firebathero 238
[ Show more ]
hero 119
Last 101
Zeus 71
Sexy 59
Hyun 49
Pusan 45
Killer 44
Mong 39
Bale 38
Trap 36
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 28
Hm[arnc] 27
PianO 27
Aegong 24
zelot 18
Rock 14
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 9
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7132
qojqva1518
Dendi972
Counter-Strike
fl0m1803
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1241
crisheroes949
Liquid`Hasu475
Lowko417
Other Games
gofns45404
singsing2666
B2W.Neo1490
DeMusliM271
Livibee213
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX132
Beastyqt129
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King81
KnowMe52
elazer44
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream75
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7806
League of Legends
• Jankos1981
Other Games
• WagamamaTV198
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 44m
INu's Battles
21h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.