• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:43
CEST 03:43
KST 10:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9577 users

[Dreamhack] Stockholm Invitational April 12th - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
1505 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 76 Next
borny
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
China481 Posts
March 25 2011 07:23 GMT
#341
I don't think MC will be the only Korean there..

I think the last four invites will be:
1. Morrow
2. TLO
3. Boxer
4. White-ra

which would give us a good race distrubution of
3 P
2 T
2 Z
1 R
Naniwa . July . Morrow . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Go STARTALE!
0tso
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden67 Posts
March 25 2011 07:32 GMT
#342
Aww I couldn't pay for the tickets with either my visa or my maestro card...

Hope there's still tickets left when i get off work •___•
h
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
March 25 2011 07:37 GMT
#343
Dreamhack should have rented Folkets hus Congress Hall, just a couple of blocks away. It seats between 527 and 1362 depending on how you section it off. It seems like they could use the room when you look at the demand

[image loading]

It's great that swedish esports and starcraft 2 can sell out an event in just a couple of days, and long before the actual event itself! Keep up the good work!
I am not young enough to know everything.
HeIios
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2523 Posts
March 25 2011 07:40 GMT
#344
On March 25 2011 16:37 Jiddra wrote:
Dreamhack should have rented Folkets hus Congress Hall, just a couple of blocks away. It seats between 527 and 1362 depending on how you section it off. It seems like they could use the room when you look at the demand

[image loading]

It's great that swedish esports and starcraft 2 can sell out an event in just a couple of days, and long before the actual event itself! Keep up the good work!


Holy crap that would have been an amazing venue, I do believe they underestimated the amount of interest severely. Maybe next time!
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
March 25 2011 08:01 GMT
#345
Cheerful contest

With a packed venue Dreamhack should have a cheerful contest for the audience or something. The 10 most creative cheerfuls, flags, outfits supporting they players should be able to win a sponsor price of some sort.

Would make the event an even greater happening, please make it happen Dreamhack!
I am not young enough to know everything.
Yami_no_cosmos
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden59 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 08:43:00
March 25 2011 08:42 GMT
#346
MEET UP THREAD ahoy!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=204837

Give me some suggestions or tell if you will come. :3
" Best at what I do, but what I do isn't pretty"
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
March 25 2011 10:06 GMT
#347
god damnit, tickets sold out it seems. Hopefully they'll release some more. To quote liz lemon "I want to go there"
Do you really want chat rooms?
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
March 25 2011 10:11 GMT
#348
On March 25 2011 19:06 FarbrorAbavna wrote:
god damnit, tickets sold out it seems. Hopefully they'll release some more. To quote liz lemon "I want to go there"


Again, they just released more ticket?
I think that they just about reached the max number of people allowed in the room with the latest release of tickets.
I am not young enough to know everything.
Ordok
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden26 Posts
March 25 2011 10:20 GMT
#349
Gaah... wanted to get som tickets as well...
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
March 25 2011 10:42 GMT
#350
On March 25 2011 19:11 Jiddra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 19:06 FarbrorAbavna wrote:
god damnit, tickets sold out it seems. Hopefully they'll release some more. To quote liz lemon "I want to go there"


Again, they just released more ticket?
I think that they just about reached the max number of people allowed in the room with the latest release of tickets.


Ya 440/450. 10 people getting seats outside of the audience seems a bit low. ^^
Nurfie
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden24 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 10:51:31
March 25 2011 10:47 GMT
#351
Magically managed to snatch a ticket after refreshing the page randomly for tha last hour or so.
Tried to order 2, wouldnt let me, tried 1 and it worked. I'm sad for my buddy who won't get one.

edit: came up again, friend will be happy.
bobhund
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden364 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 15:56:23
March 25 2011 12:25 GMT
#352
On March 25 2011 17:01 Jiddra wrote:
Cheerful contest

With a packed venue Dreamhack should have a cheerful contest for the audience or something. The 10 most creative cheerfuls, flags, outfits supporting they players should be able to win a sponsor price of some sort.

Would make the event an even greater happening, please make it happen Dreamhack!

I will talk with colleagues about this.

And people who are having problems buying tickets, it's the website that is acting up. There are currently 5 tickets left. Email bokning@dreamhack.se if need any help booking

Edit: No tickets left, sorry guys!
Editor in chief at Rakaka.se
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
March 25 2011 15:19 GMT
#353
to spare your servers and my own time as well, are the tickets sold out or should I keep on refreshing the page and hope that sooner or later the system for buying a ticket to the invitational will work again?

I realize if read with the wrong tone it might sound a bit harsh but I dont mean it that way, I'm just wondering
Do you really want chat rooms?
bobhund
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden364 Posts
March 25 2011 15:55 GMT
#354
On March 26 2011 00:19 FarbrorAbavna wrote:
to spare your servers and my own time as well, are the tickets sold out or should I keep on refreshing the page and hope that sooner or later the system for buying a ticket to the invitational will work again?

I realize if read with the wrong tone it might sound a bit harsh but I dont mean it that way, I'm just wondering

I can confirm that all the tickets have been sold now! Thanks to everyone who bought a ticket!
Editor in chief at Rakaka.se
eqez
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden837 Posts
March 25 2011 20:32 GMT
#355
On March 25 2011 16:37 Jiddra wrote:
Dreamhack should have rented Folkets hus Congress Hall, just a couple of blocks away. It seats between 527 and 1362 depending on how you section it off. It seems like they could use the room when you look at the demand

[image loading]

It's great that swedish esports and starcraft 2 can sell out an event in just a couple of days, and long before the actual event itself! Keep up the good work!


http://karlstadccc.se/lokalerna/kongressal/

Thats 30 miles away tough
alexhard
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden317 Posts
March 25 2011 21:20 GMT
#356
450 seats for an event of this magnitude does seem somewhat low, no wonder they sold out 3 weeks in advance...but hey, I managed to grab a ticket early on so no complaints from me!
salle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden5554 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 22:40:15
March 25 2011 22:25 GMT
#357
On March 25 2011 16:37 Jiddra wrote:
Dreamhack should have rented Folkets hus Congress Hall, just a couple of blocks away. It seats between 527 and 1362 depending on how you section it off. It seems like they could use the room when you look at the demand

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


It's great that swedish esports and starcraft 2 can sell out an event in just a couple of days, and long before the actual event itself! Keep up the good work!


I see your 1362 and raise to 3000 and arguably even more central (basically it's right on top of The Central Station.)
Also I think the angle is a bit better there, rather than 180 degrees you have like 90. But I have no idea what the cost is, but I'm imagining it's way higher than Hörsalen.
waterfront building


On March 26 2011 06:20 alexhard wrote:
450 seats for an event of this magnitude does seem somewhat low, no wonder they sold out 3 weeks in advance...but hey, I managed to grab a ticket early on so no complaints from me!


I think we have to cut them a lot of slack, they had no idea how many people are willing to pay for the entrance fee as there has been no event like this here in Stockholm of this magnitude. Better to aim too low and get a full booking which still gives you a smaller but still a net gain than to aim too high and risk having a bigger net loss if attendance is too low. Hopefully it'll mean bigger event next time.
Administrator"Ambitious but rubbish!" - Jeremy Clarkson
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
March 25 2011 22:35 GMT
#358
Hmm... I thought the last Dreamhack had around 2000 seats and now it has less? Maybe I have my numbers wrong... but if not, that is a strange decision. In any event they have the stream obviously... so I'm looking forward to this event. The booths look cool and the players so far are great!
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
March 25 2011 22:41 GMT
#359
On March 26 2011 07:35 Chicane wrote:
Hmm... I thought the last Dreamhack had around 2000 seats and now it has less? Maybe I have my numbers wrong... but if not, that is a strange decision. In any event they have the stream obviously... so I'm looking forward to this event. The booths look cool and the players so far are great!

This is not a DreamHack LAN event.
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
Yurie
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
12174 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 22:44:25
March 25 2011 22:42 GMT
#360
On March 26 2011 06:20 alexhard wrote:
450 seats for an event of this magnitude does seem somewhat low, no wonder they sold out 3 weeks in advance...but hey, I managed to grab a ticket early on so no complaints from me!


As far as I can tell they won't break even on renting the locale from the cost of tickets (maybe they got a good deal and break even). Then you have the price money and so on and it is a big net loss.

On March 26 2011 07:35 Chicane wrote:
Hmm... I thought the last Dreamhack had around 2000 seats and now it has less? Maybe I have my numbers wrong... but if not, that is a strange decision. In any event they have the stream obviously... so I'm looking forward to this event. The booths look cool and the players so far are great!


Dreamhack Dream Arena is located in Jönköping where the larger Dreamhacks are held. This is a large event area that they rent for almost a week in order to hold it. The "arenas" are just included in the area they get and they use them. Watching these games was included in the weekend passes for Dreamhack, so they got minimal information about numbers of people willing to pay for it.

This Stockholm invitational is a smallish event held in Stockholm. The first they hold as far as I know.
If they went for an even larger venue while not knowing interest numbers for a stand alone event compared to the full weekend event with its history then they would risk a large loss.
Prev 1 16 17 18 19 20 76 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 56
NaDa 30
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9460
JimRising 704
ViBE142
Mew2King94
ArmadaUGS46
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1321
BasetradeTV170
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 114
• davetesta59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 17m
INu's Battles
10h 17m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
13h 17m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 17m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 17m
Replay Cast
21h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 9h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.