• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:52
CEST 23:52
KST 06:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8418 users

iGware Hacking [ you decide ] reps included. - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 35 Next All
NrT.RuSH
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany214 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 22:16:22
March 12 2011 22:14 GMT
#381
PinkPrincess, i bet you theres 20 kids named protech at your school. Its a pretty popular name. I was thinking of naming my first born Protech actually.
US Air Force Stationed in Ramstein, Germany. Char: NrTRuSH Code: 768
ultramafia
Profile Joined August 2010
221 Posts
March 12 2011 22:16 GMT
#382
On March 13 2011 07:13 TommyLove wrote:
so telling the truth is trolling? here's an image of us guys chatting on skype yesterday
http://img708.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110312at209.png/
Michael Ballman is protech by the way and he raged quit on skype because I told him i was going to tell his side of the story


That image is so useless to any argument you are trying to make...
毒爆虫 | CJ Entus fight
ThE_OsToJiY
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada1167 Posts
March 12 2011 22:18 GMT
#383
oh my lord ladder 2x2 drama has been taken to teamliquid.
@ostojiy
TommyLove
Profile Joined January 2011
United States24 Posts
March 12 2011 22:18 GMT
#384
it's proof that me and mike talked yesterday. if there's a way to show history of starcraft chats or skype conversations, i'll be happy to post more images.
backtoback
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1276 Posts
March 12 2011 22:19 GMT
#385
On March 13 2011 07:18 ThE_OsToJiY wrote:
oh my lord ladder 2x2 drama has been taken to teamliquid.


and the tournament that knocked out painuser and EG.Axslav out in real life?
StallingHard
Profile Joined February 2011
144 Posts
March 12 2011 22:21 GMT
#386
A screenshot isn't proof enough sorry. Showing that you talked with an account that has the same name is not proof. I can go make a skype account with his name right now and post a screenie... Completely meaningless
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
March 12 2011 22:21 GMT
#387
Well,

I'm glad that the obvious hacker has admitted his use of the hacks and made all the defenders look like the fools they are for making excuses for an obvious cheater. Maybe it was just easier for me to spot since I've used hacks in all sorts of other games in the past (no worries though, the prospect of being banned from SC2 and shelling out another $60 for a new account is NOT attractive to me), but there are way too many people in this thread that truly don't understand how the game works at the top level, and how a player with his mechanics, random builds, and complete lack of proper scouting can not POSSIBLY reach the top of the ladder. Nor do the understand that a good hacker who's trying not to be caught will not always blatantly respond to everything he sees, and purposely "slip up" in his play to have things to point out and claim "LOOK! If I was hacking then WHY would I let THAT happen?!"

He could have done himself a favour and at least pretended to scout. The one thing I noticed back when I maphacked in BW was that by trying to cover up my map-hack, I got really REALLY good at sending scouts across the map so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was prepared for attacks or took out an undefended expansion (ironically, improving my scouting when I wasn't using a map hack). A few fake scouts could have rendered ProTech's entire post moot because people would have watched the replays and said "Look, he's scouting, you were just unlucky."

The most damning evidence was the FoW glances and reactions to what he was seeing on areas of the map that he had no legit vision. Someone even made a .gif of the most glaringly obvious example. When trying to spot a map hacker, this is really the only reliable evidence that can be used. Everything else can be chalked up to luck.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
ultramafia
Profile Joined August 2010
221 Posts
March 12 2011 22:23 GMT
#388
On March 13 2011 07:18 TommyLove wrote:
it's proof that me and mike talked yesterday. if there's a way to show history of starcraft chats or skype conversations, i'll be happy to post more images.

I am not sure if you understand how proof works but no one here debates whether you talked to him or not. Its the content of the conversation that is important. You being in a skype chat with him and other people doesn't support your claim that he raged at you because you threatened to reveal his super secret blackmail attempt to obtain hacks that are easily available through the internet.
毒爆虫 | CJ Entus fight
TommyLove
Profile Joined January 2011
United States24 Posts
March 12 2011 22:23 GMT
#389
On March 13 2011 07:21 StallingHard wrote:
A screenshot isn't proof enough sorry. Showing that you talked with an account that has the same name is not proof. I can go make a skype account with his name right now and post a screenie... Completely meaningless

you can do that, but the skype conversation was yesterday. 3/11/11
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 12 2011 22:25 GMT
#390
On March 13 2011 07:21 Nemireck wrote:
Well,

I'm glad that the obvious hacker has admitted his use of the hacks and made all the defenders look like the fools they are for making excuses for an obvious cheater. Maybe it was just easier for me to spot since I've used hacks in all sorts of other games in the past (no worries though, the prospect of being banned from SC2 and shelling out another $60 for a new account is NOT attractive to me), but there are way too many people in this thread that truly don't understand how the game works at the top level, and how a player with his mechanics, random builds, and complete lack of proper scouting can not POSSIBLY reach the top of the ladder. Nor do the understand that a good hacker who's trying not to be caught will not always blatantly respond to everything he sees, and purposely "slip up" in his play to have things to point out and claim "LOOK! If I was hacking then WHY would I let THAT happen?!"

He could have done himself a favour and at least pretended to scout. The one thing I noticed back when I maphacked in BW was that by trying to cover up my map-hack, I got really REALLY good at sending scouts across the map so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was prepared for attacks or took out an undefended expansion (ironically, improving my scouting when I wasn't using a map hack). A few fake scouts could have rendered ProTech's entire post moot because people would have watched the replays and said "Look, he's scouting, you were just unlucky."

The most damning evidence was the FoW glances and reactions to what he was seeing on areas of the map that he had no legit vision. Someone even made a .gif of the most glaringly obvious example. When trying to spot a map hacker, this is really the only reliable evidence that can be used. Everything else can be chalked up to luck.


another admitted hacker that should be banned. this is still a bw site and you admit to being a hacker. its amazing you would criticize other hackers.
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 22:31:07
March 12 2011 22:28 GMT
#391
On March 13 2011 07:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 07:21 Nemireck wrote:
Well,

I'm glad that the obvious hacker has admitted his use of the hacks and made all the defenders look like the fools they are for making excuses for an obvious cheater. Maybe it was just easier for me to spot since I've used hacks in all sorts of other games in the past (no worries though, the prospect of being banned from SC2 and shelling out another $60 for a new account is NOT attractive to me), but there are way too many people in this thread that truly don't understand how the game works at the top level, and how a player with his mechanics, random builds, and complete lack of proper scouting can not POSSIBLY reach the top of the ladder. Nor do the understand that a good hacker who's trying not to be caught will not always blatantly respond to everything he sees, and purposely "slip up" in his play to have things to point out and claim "LOOK! If I was hacking then WHY would I let THAT happen?!"

He could have done himself a favour and at least pretended to scout. The one thing I noticed back when I maphacked in BW was that by trying to cover up my map-hack, I got really REALLY good at sending scouts across the map so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was prepared for attacks or took out an undefended expansion (ironically, improving my scouting when I wasn't using a map hack). A few fake scouts could have rendered ProTech's entire post moot because people would have watched the replays and said "Look, he's scouting, you were just unlucky."

The most damning evidence was the FoW glances and reactions to what he was seeing on areas of the map that he had no legit vision. Someone even made a .gif of the most glaringly obvious example. When trying to spot a map hacker, this is really the only reliable evidence that can be used. Everything else can be chalked up to luck.


another admitted hacker that should be banned. this is still a bw site and you admit to being a hacker. its amazing you would criticize other hackers.


What I did 8 years ago in BW really has very little to do with how I play the game currently. There are plenty of past hackers that are not only un-banned members of TL, but also active in the SC2 pro-scene.

Neither was I criticizing the hackers themselves, but rather the idiots that watched those replays and didn't see the blatantly obvious cheating going on.

Get off your pedestal.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 12 2011 22:31 GMT
#392
its amazing that you are bragging about hacking and how good you were at hiding it. once a cheater, always a cheater. tl doesnt have to ban you, but it should
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
March 12 2011 22:31 GMT
#393
On March 13 2011 07:28 Nemireck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 07:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On March 13 2011 07:21 Nemireck wrote:
Well,

I'm glad that the obvious hacker has admitted his use of the hacks and made all the defenders look like the fools they are for making excuses for an obvious cheater. Maybe it was just easier for me to spot since I've used hacks in all sorts of other games in the past (no worries though, the prospect of being banned from SC2 and shelling out another $60 for a new account is NOT attractive to me), but there are way too many people in this thread that truly don't understand how the game works at the top level, and how a player with his mechanics, random builds, and complete lack of proper scouting can not POSSIBLY reach the top of the ladder. Nor do the understand that a good hacker who's trying not to be caught will not always blatantly respond to everything he sees, and purposely "slip up" in his play to have things to point out and claim "LOOK! If I was hacking then WHY would I let THAT happen?!"

He could have done himself a favour and at least pretended to scout. The one thing I noticed back when I maphacked in BW was that by trying to cover up my map-hack, I got really REALLY good at sending scouts across the map so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was prepared for attacks or took out an undefended expansion (ironically, improving my scouting when I wasn't using a map hack). A few fake scouts could have rendered ProTech's entire post moot because people would have watched the replays and said "Look, he's scouting, you were just unlucky."

The most damning evidence was the FoW glances and reactions to what he was seeing on areas of the map that he had no legit vision. Someone even made a .gif of the most glaringly obvious example. When trying to spot a map hacker, this is really the only reliable evidence that can be used. Everything else can be chalked up to luck.


another admitted hacker that should be banned. this is still a bw site and you admit to being a hacker. its amazing you would criticize other hackers.


What I did 8 years ago in BW really has very little to do with how I play the game currently. There are plenty of past hackers that are not only un-banned members of TL, but also active in the SC2 pro-scene.

Neither was I criticizing the hackers themselves, but rather the idiots that watched those replays and didn't see the blatantly obvious cheating going on.

Get off your pedestal.

TL forgives ex-hackers who show remorse, just fyi
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
March 12 2011 22:35 GMT
#394
On March 13 2011 07:31 dAPhREAk wrote:
its amazing that you are bragging about hacking and how good you were at hiding it. once a cheater, always a cheater. tl doesnt have to ban you, but it should


It's amazing that you are incapable of differentiating between someone bragging, and someone describing the actions that a hacker will take during a game to hide their cheating. I've done nothing more than spell out the types of actions that one should look for when analyzing a replay of a suspected cheater.
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
LesPhoques
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada782 Posts
March 12 2011 22:35 GMT
#395
On March 13 2011 07:13 TommyLove wrote:
so telling the truth is trolling? here's an image of us guys chatting on skype yesterday
http://img708.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20110312at209.png/
Michael Ballman is protech by the way and he raged quit on skype because I told him i was going to tell his side of the story


How old are you? 5? No, may be less because your argument is completely RETARDED. Most retarded piece of "evidence" I have seen in my life.
Hacking is serious issue and after reading many of your posts I conclude that you are mentally retarded bipolar person who is denying that iGware was hacking then saying that he didn't share hacks with OP...

Can we vote for permaban ? ^_^
Azide
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada566 Posts
March 12 2011 22:36 GMT
#396
could u post an any smaller image?

how about u post the conversation history. showing that u were in a chat with him with a bunch of other people means nothing
Azide and SuperNinja - Best Double Protoss 2v2 Team!
Candide
Profile Joined November 2010
456 Posts
March 12 2011 22:37 GMT
#397
On March 13 2011 06:57 backtoback wrote:
http://nadota.com/articles/121--the-controversial-case-of-map-hack

edit: LASTHITMAGIC = SORCERY



hehe shoutout to nadota
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 12 2011 22:38 GMT
#398
On March 13 2011 07:35 Nemireck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 07:31 dAPhREAk wrote:
its amazing that you are bragging about hacking and how good you were at hiding it. once a cheater, always a cheater. tl doesnt have to ban you, but it should


It's amazing that you are incapable of differentiating between someone bragging, and someone describing the actions that a hacker will take during a game to hide their cheating. I've done nothing more than spell out the types of actions that one should look for when analyzing a replay of a suspected cheater.



you said:

The one thing I noticed back when I maphacked in BW was that by trying to cover up my map-hack, I got really REALLY good at sending scouts across the map so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was prepared for attacks or took out an undefended expansion (ironically, improving my scouting when I wasn't using a map hack)

that is bragging. you are saying that you were good at hacking and weren't caught. even if it occurred 8 years ago, you are still bragging about not being caught.
Nemireck
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada1875 Posts
March 12 2011 22:39 GMT
#399
On March 13 2011 07:31 101toss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 07:28 Nemireck wrote:
On March 13 2011 07:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On March 13 2011 07:21 Nemireck wrote:
Well,

I'm glad that the obvious hacker has admitted his use of the hacks and made all the defenders look like the fools they are for making excuses for an obvious cheater. Maybe it was just easier for me to spot since I've used hacks in all sorts of other games in the past (no worries though, the prospect of being banned from SC2 and shelling out another $60 for a new account is NOT attractive to me), but there are way too many people in this thread that truly don't understand how the game works at the top level, and how a player with his mechanics, random builds, and complete lack of proper scouting can not POSSIBLY reach the top of the ladder. Nor do the understand that a good hacker who's trying not to be caught will not always blatantly respond to everything he sees, and purposely "slip up" in his play to have things to point out and claim "LOOK! If I was hacking then WHY would I let THAT happen?!"

He could have done himself a favour and at least pretended to scout. The one thing I noticed back when I maphacked in BW was that by trying to cover up my map-hack, I got really REALLY good at sending scouts across the map so that it wouldn't look suspicious when I was prepared for attacks or took out an undefended expansion (ironically, improving my scouting when I wasn't using a map hack). A few fake scouts could have rendered ProTech's entire post moot because people would have watched the replays and said "Look, he's scouting, you were just unlucky."

The most damning evidence was the FoW glances and reactions to what he was seeing on areas of the map that he had no legit vision. Someone even made a .gif of the most glaringly obvious example. When trying to spot a map hacker, this is really the only reliable evidence that can be used. Everything else can be chalked up to luck.


another admitted hacker that should be banned. this is still a bw site and you admit to being a hacker. its amazing you would criticize other hackers.


What I did 8 years ago in BW really has very little to do with how I play the game currently. There are plenty of past hackers that are not only un-banned members of TL, but also active in the SC2 pro-scene.

Neither was I criticizing the hackers themselves, but rather the idiots that watched those replays and didn't see the blatantly obvious cheating going on.

Get off your pedestal.

TL forgives ex-hackers who show remorse, just fyi


Well, I have certainly changed my actions over the years and no longer find any enjoyment from using a hack (or multiple hacks) to compete against others online.

Shrug, it is what it is, I used to use a maphack in BW, and I'm sharing with the community the types of actions that a hacker will take to hide their use of such a program. Take the advice or attack me for what I did back when I was 14 years old, that's your choice :p
Teamwork is awesome... As long as your team is doing all the work!
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
March 12 2011 22:41 GMT
#400
could care less whether you hacked. ever play on US East? its 90% hacks. just don't come on the forums and brag about how you are a better hacker (my interpretation alone maybe).
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 149
PiGStarcraft4
ViBE3
Nina 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14714
Dewaltoss 147
ZZZero.O 109
firebathero 99
Hyuk 87
Terrorterran 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm67
febbydoto57
League of Legends
Doublelift3854
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6032
Other Games
summit1g6871
FrodaN2333
fl0m620
mouzStarbuck414
KnowMe258
ToD202
ArmadaUGS140
JimRising 108
Mew2King52
Railgan35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1139
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 47
• musti20045 35
• Adnapsc2 16
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie826
• Shiphtur214
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 8m
INu's Battles
14h 8m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
17h 8m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 8m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 8m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 18h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.