• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:21
CEST 04:21
KST 11:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9119 users

iGware Hacking [ you decide ] reps included. - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 35 Next All
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
March 12 2011 18:33 GMT
#321
I hope both Sorcery (Josh Price) and iGware (David Zhu) accounts are banned as soon as possible. This is at least the second (caught) offense of rulebreaking in online gaming for both of them and I would be wary of trusting these guys ever again.

ProTech, good job bringing this up. Maybe we should nickname you "oGstheSTC of the NA server". In case you don't know, he is pretty well known in Korea for catching cheaters. As a sidenote though, I do hope that you try to behave a little more nicely on bnet from this point as your reputation doesn't seem to be great and things like that can matter when you're trying to accuse others of hacking, as shown in this thread.
Azide
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada566 Posts
March 12 2011 18:38 GMT
#322
^ That is true. However......

Once upon a time, Protech and I were rivals and our 2's team would lose lots of games to them. Then we would beat them lots. Then we'd split. We play double protoss (suicide) so we would be frustrated when we lost to ling/marine all in type play. Or 6 pool forcing us to get cannons while other guy gets fast 4 gate stalkers (you instantly lose because you are behind in tech and cannon's wont save you at that point).

Anyways....... he would BM us all the time and I hated his guts. So I'd BM him back.

Then randomly out of the blue.... I think he came to a realization that double protoss is incredibly hard to be successful with and he gained respect for us and just started treating me differently so we became friends and he's a nice guy. Part of playing team games in SC2 is about the drama and BM to make it fun (not that I agree with it 100%) but it's pretty easy to call out a BM player while still being BM yourself.
Azide and SuperNinja - Best Double Protoss 2v2 Team!
PokePill
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1048 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 18:44:08
March 12 2011 18:43 GMT
#323
On March 12 2011 20:02 PinkPrincess wrote:
For myself, I'm sorry I spent so much time defending Sorcery. I genuinely believed him and mutual friends who told me he did not hack (and to be clear - a lot of the evidence Protech presented here I still do not believe is particularly conclusive). I saw my friend under attack from evidence that I did not believe was particularly conclusive, and thus I jumped in to start defending him.

What is conclusive to me is that I spoke with iGware and others on Bnet (prior to this series of confessions being posted), and they told me that Josh does indeed hack [in fact, I first heard it a couple hours ago].
After this, I talked with him for a while, and he agreed to post the confession above (not that I specifically endorse the contents - but I felt that he should post a confession here, as opposed to simply disappearing or trying to continue hiding it).
I do not believe there is any excuse for ever hacking. While iGware and others acted as enablers by keeping his secrets from me and others, it was ultimately his decision to hack, and no excuses can account for that.
I'm sorry that the situation ended up this way, but I am glad that the truth ultimately came out. I believe that Sorcery is a genuinely good player (even apart from hacking), and I hope he will try to demonstrate this by showing his skill in 1v1 ladder while always live streaming his games as he plays (I and others helped him earlier this evening with setting up a livestream, as at that point I believed him when he claimed not to hack and wanted to help him demonstrate it to others)

I said earlier if people determined conclusively that he hacked, you could ban me; I stand by that if you wish (I'm not going to beg to be banned, but I cannot rightfully complain if you do, considering I said the words)


Note: I confirm that the above people posting are the REAL posters, even though they only have 1 post each. It's not some troll attempt by people.


This sounds like 100% complete and utter bullshit.

You probably have over 500 games logged with the guy. You SAY you've been playing with him for years (so it's probably more like 5000 - 15000 games) and he's hacked the entire time most likely since he hacked in DOTA and he still hacks now. You've posted 20 times in threads defending him. When you play with someone that maphacks, it doesn't take very long to figure it out and there are plenty of "competitve team game" players who sit there and don't care, because they are not the ones actually maphacking.

You are no better than he is, you are probably worse because I doubt he deludes himself into thinking he's something he's not.
naventus
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States1339 Posts
March 12 2011 18:47 GMT
#324
I don't understand how Blizzard could delay this game so much and not even put out a difficult to hack game.

Fuck even S2 managed to do that with HoN.
hmm.
Greenworld
Profile Joined March 2011
93 Posts
March 12 2011 18:50 GMT
#325
On March 13 2011 03:24 Sein wrote:
PinkPrincess, I think they should just give you a few days of temporary ban as a formal response to what you said - "Go ahead and ban me if these guys actually turn out to be hackers" - but definitely not a permanent one since it doesn't look like you're a hacker yourself and you didn't behave badly in this thread.

However, I hope you've learned a lesson from this incident. Please don't blindly trust anyone and defend them in such passionate manner when so many people, including several pros are expressing suspicions. At least stay quiet and let them defend themselves with their own excuses.


Well him and i mainly did it before most pros came and posted about their opinions in the games they had with that person. The main reason i defended them was the guy who created the threat is so cocky and even if some of the things he pointed out were proven wrong he kept insulting/ignoreing the ones that weren't at "his lvl of enlightment" i had to do it .

And punishing the oposite faction because , well we did watch the replays and analize it and this is what we should do while keeping a civilized choice of words as much as we can . If not you can just ban me with the pinkprincess :D
Resilient
Profile Joined June 2010
United Kingdom1431 Posts
March 12 2011 19:09 GMT
#326
On March 13 2011 03:47 naventus wrote:
I don't understand how Blizzard could delay this game so much and not even put out a difficult to hack game.

Fuck even S2 managed to do that with HoN.



S2 stores ALL information on their servers which basically means unless you gain access to their mainframe, no hack can exist. SC2 is mostly done client-side, as with all Blizzard games. Which means it's a hacker paradise.
Gak2
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada418 Posts
March 12 2011 19:09 GMT
#327
teehee this was a funny read. Especially the confession and the wells pic (lol warned for the post),
Banning the people who defended him is probably too much, but perhaps a list of shame with all their names on the first post will make them learn how to not be so gullible
khazgore
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway104 Posts
March 12 2011 19:14 GMT
#328
well when a player is almost topping the world ladder due to cheating its ok to start a witch hunt imo

at the second replay at like 3.20 when the lings were coming he blinged there without scouting em?

Also i can see that his pretending his not hacking, rallying units to the enemys base at the time he checks the fog of war. he was scouting your bases in the second game while he was rallying the banshee there.

Just swapping through the replays its hard to see any cheating at all, but when you study it a little bit its easy to see they are cheating...
RHMVNovus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States738 Posts
March 12 2011 19:15 GMT
#329
On March 13 2011 03:43 PokePill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2011 20:02 PinkPrincess wrote:
For myself, I'm sorry I spent so much time defending Sorcery. I genuinely believed him and mutual friends who told me he did not hack (and to be clear - a lot of the evidence Protech presented here I still do not believe is particularly conclusive). I saw my friend under attack from evidence that I did not believe was particularly conclusive, and thus I jumped in to start defending him.

What is conclusive to me is that I spoke with iGware and others on Bnet (prior to this series of confessions being posted), and they told me that Josh does indeed hack [in fact, I first heard it a couple hours ago].
After this, I talked with him for a while, and he agreed to post the confession above (not that I specifically endorse the contents - but I felt that he should post a confession here, as opposed to simply disappearing or trying to continue hiding it).
I do not believe there is any excuse for ever hacking. While iGware and others acted as enablers by keeping his secrets from me and others, it was ultimately his decision to hack, and no excuses can account for that.
I'm sorry that the situation ended up this way, but I am glad that the truth ultimately came out. I believe that Sorcery is a genuinely good player (even apart from hacking), and I hope he will try to demonstrate this by showing his skill in 1v1 ladder while always live streaming his games as he plays (I and others helped him earlier this evening with setting up a livestream, as at that point I believed him when he claimed not to hack and wanted to help him demonstrate it to others)

I said earlier if people determined conclusively that he hacked, you could ban me; I stand by that if you wish (I'm not going to beg to be banned, but I cannot rightfully complain if you do, considering I said the words)


Note: I confirm that the above people posting are the REAL posters, even though they only have 1 post each. It's not some troll attempt by people.


This sounds like 100% complete and utter bullshit.

You probably have over 500 games logged with the guy. You SAY you've been playing with him for years (so it's probably more like 5000 - 15000 games) and he's hacked the entire time most likely since he hacked in DOTA and he still hacks now. You've posted 20 times in threads defending him. When you play with someone that maphacks, it doesn't take very long to figure it out and there are plenty of "competitve team game" players who sit there and don't care, because they are not the ones actually maphacking.

You are no better than he is, you are probably worse because I doubt he deludes himself into thinking he's something he's not.


The witch hunt's over. There's no need for this.

I'm glad they came out and ended this argument. Hopefully that will signal the end of the acrimony.
Droning his sorrows in massive amounts of macro
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
March 12 2011 19:20 GMT
#330
On March 13 2011 03:50 Greenworld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 03:24 Sein wrote:
PinkPrincess, I think they should just give you a few days of temporary ban as a formal response to what you said - "Go ahead and ban me if these guys actually turn out to be hackers" - but definitely not a permanent one since it doesn't look like you're a hacker yourself and you didn't behave badly in this thread.

However, I hope you've learned a lesson from this incident. Please don't blindly trust anyone and defend them in such passionate manner when so many people, including several pros are expressing suspicions. At least stay quiet and let them defend themselves with their own excuses.


Well him and i mainly did it before most pros came and posted about their opinions in the games they had with that person. The main reason i defended them was the guy who created the threat is so cocky and even if some of the things he pointed out were proven wrong he kept insulting/ignoreing the ones that weren't at "his lvl of enlightment" i had to do it .

And punishing the oposite faction because , well we did watch the replays and analize it and this is what we should do while keeping a civilized choice of words as much as we can . If not you can just ban me with the pinkprincess :D


I'm talking about this post:
On March 12 2011 15:57 PinkPrincess wrote:
To whoever asked to put up: the mods can absolutely ban me if they want if there is definitive proof found of him hacking (I don't just mean a panel of random respected people deciding that he hacks)


Having made that statement, he does deserve at least a slap on the wrist to let it serve as a lesson. If you say something like "the mods can/will ban me for this" on here, then you will get what you asked for.

PinkPrincess actually continued to defend them after the pros came in. He even tried to suggest that Ret's opinion on this matter isn't that credible because he supposedly has a "history" with iGware.

I agree that some of ProTech's points weren't all that convincing, but he also had many other points that were actually convincing and I think you should have taken some time to go over those if you really wanted to defend iGware and Sorcery.
RtS-Schism
Profile Joined August 2010
United States25 Posts
March 12 2011 19:25 GMT
#331
On March 13 2011 03:30 RevRich wrote:
So...protech is on teams with the guys he is accusing? Wow this is like an episode of Jerry Springer.

Anyways, its cool that those 2 waterheads were exposed for cheating. Kinda sad that a company like blizzard, with their massive resources, can't stop hacking 100%.


ProTech said in his first post he played games with them until he recognized that they were cheating.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46483 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-12 19:27:35
March 12 2011 19:27 GMT
#332
On March 13 2011 04:25 RtS-Schism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 03:30 RevRich wrote:
So...protech is on teams with the guys he is accusing? Wow this is like an episode of Jerry Springer.

Anyways, its cool that those 2 waterheads were exposed for cheating. Kinda sad that a company like blizzard, with their massive resources, can't stop hacking 100%.


ProTech said in his first post he played games with them until he recognized that they were cheating.


Right. Besides, if ProTech was cheating, wouldn't the two hackers have called him out on it when they admitted to cheating?

That being said, I know nothing about ProTech, so I'm not vouching for him personally.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
March 12 2011 19:37 GMT
#333
On March 13 2011 03:47 naventus wrote:
I don't understand how Blizzard could delay this game so much and not even put out a difficult to hack game.

Fuck even S2 managed to do that with HoN.


It would be very server side intensive to use the HoN method. But considering Blizzards wealth they definitely could do it.
NrT.RuSH
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany214 Posts
March 12 2011 19:44 GMT
#334
although they both admitted to hacking/cheating. I still think they are very good players and its sad they had to hack to win. They could easly post 70% win without it.
US Air Force Stationed in Ramstein, Germany. Char: NrTRuSH Code: 768
NrT.RuSH
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany214 Posts
March 12 2011 19:44 GMT
#335
n Protech DOES NOT HACK!!!
US Air Force Stationed in Ramstein, Germany. Char: NrTRuSH Code: 768
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
March 12 2011 19:47 GMT
#336
On March 13 2011 04:37 infinity2k9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 03:47 naventus wrote:
I don't understand how Blizzard could delay this game so much and not even put out a difficult to hack game.

Fuck even S2 managed to do that with HoN.


It would be very server side intensive to use the HoN method. But considering Blizzards wealth they definitely could do it.


Yeah Blizzard could involved and revolutionize cloud gaming but there are other ways they could break most of this without having to rewrite their games.
There's no S in KT. :P
jester-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada547 Posts
March 12 2011 19:48 GMT
#337
On March 13 2011 04:44 NrT.RuSH wrote:
although they both admitted to hacking/cheating. I still think they are very good players and its sad they had to hack to win. They could easly post 70% win without it.


70% win rate with diamond apm and macro? Doubt they would even be in masters based on what I saw of his games. Pretty hard to tell though when the guy can see everything you are doing and making...

Also, the guy who keeps calling for a temp ban or w/e; while I agree, you are walking the line on backseat moderating and I'd just sit back at this point and the mods will punish if they see fit.
Arise, chicken sandwich.
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
March 12 2011 19:53 GMT
#338
On March 13 2011 04:48 jester- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 04:44 NrT.RuSH wrote:
although they both admitted to hacking/cheating. I still think they are very good players and its sad they had to hack to win. They could easly post 70% win without it.


70% win rate with diamond apm and macro? Doubt they would even be in masters based on what I saw of his games. Pretty hard to tell though when the guy can see everything you are doing and making...

Also, the guy who keeps calling for a temp ban or w/e; while I agree, you are walking the line on backseat moderating and I'd just sit back at this point and the mods will punish if they see fit.


Right, I will stop on the banning issue now. I've only made two posts about it anyway with one of them being a response to the guy who misunderstood my initial point.
ROOTdrewbie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada1392 Posts
March 12 2011 20:00 GMT
#339
On March 13 2011 04:48 jester- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 04:44 NrT.RuSH wrote:
although they both admitted to hacking/cheating. I still think they are very good players and its sad they had to hack to win. They could easly post 70% win without it.


70% win rate with diamond apm and macro? Doubt they would even be in masters based on what I saw of his games. Pretty hard to tell though when the guy can see everything you are doing and making...

Also, the guy who keeps calling for a temp ban or w/e; while I agree, you are walking the line on backseat moderating and I'd just sit back at this point and the mods will punish if they see fit.

he was talking about 2v2 of course.
pretty disappointing that he was hacking, althought it was nice of him to admit it. Lots of people accused Sorcery of hacking like 6-8 months ago, so I doubt that his main id is "pure" like he said.
www.root-gaming.com
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
March 12 2011 20:02 GMT
#340
I have zero sympathy for hacking. Even if you let someone hack on your account, you're also cheating. Get this crap off SC2, it just hurts e-sports. You're worse than steroids in baseball.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 176
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 512
NaDa 42
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9827
JimRising 703
WinterStarcraft219
ViBE113
Mew2King68
ArmadaUGS50
Trikslyr45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1455
BasetradeTV223
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream139
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush317
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 39m
INu's Battles
9h 39m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 39m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 39m
Replay Cast
20h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.