• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:57
CEST 07:57
KST 14:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10427 users

Hack on Starcraft II - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
Everize
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland176 Posts
May 10 2011 21:28 GMT
#221
There is a reason why no good players tried to play ladder at night, cause everyone was getting drop hacked by pillage. oh well
You're going supernova, all of our thoughts become just one. I fly million miles only to crash into the sun.
artanis2
Profile Joined April 2010
United States732 Posts
May 10 2011 21:39 GMT
#222
On May 11 2011 00:56 DeamonMachine wrote:
On the general topic of hackers.. what I don't understand is

Why?

I mean, I know you can go home to you friends and say you're #1 in grandmasters, but other than that', what is the point? You get a bad reputation, no one will respect you again if they figure out your real life information. Maybe props in the hacker community?

I mean, you can't get sponsors, there's generally no way to advance in life or anything by doing this. At least bronze level players who actually play the game can say that they tried and learned something, or just had fun in general.

Just a thought.


Well if he created the hack, it could be his passive aggressive way of letting blizzard's developers what he thinks about their skill.
Boyo
Profile Joined October 2010
United States226 Posts
May 10 2011 21:43 GMT
#223
chucknorris on EU=PiLLaGe on NA? This guy running multiple comps or something?
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
May 10 2011 21:46 GMT
#224
On May 11 2011 06:43 Boyo wrote:
chucknorris on EU=PiLLaGe on NA? This guy running multiple comps or something?

There are a TON of chucknorris, 80% of them have no losses. I guess many of these are guest accounts for the hacker to try his stuff on.
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
TheBrofessor
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada429 Posts
May 10 2011 21:56 GMT
#225
On May 11 2011 06:46 tnud wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 06:43 Boyo wrote:
chucknorris on EU=PiLLaGe on NA? This guy running multiple comps or something?

There are a TON of chucknorris, 80% of them have no losses. I guess many of these are guest accounts for the hacker to try his stuff on.



Are they all in Masters? Remember that everyone's ratio in diamond and below shows up as 100% because the losses aren't shown anymore.
whiterabbit
Profile Joined June 2009
2675 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 22:08:20
May 10 2011 21:58 GMT
#226
I really would like to hear from Blizzard why they need so much time to ban a clearly a 100% hacker. You can't have more evidences then this and I guess there are like tons of reports for his hacking accounts. He is seriously ruining games for bunch of GM players on two different servers.

If he got banned 1 day after this hacking it still would've been slow response, but this is just... unacceptable and stupid.

I am always amazed how Blizzard manages to show with "little things" how they kinda don't care (by care I mean honest and helpful care) for people who made them all rich.

P.S.
As I understand this guy didn't release this hack publicly so I wouldn't be surprised that he thinks (by some weird logic) he is helping Blizzard.

And at the end of the day he kinda really does, showing them serious vulnerabilities they will patch. I bet there are tons of other smart and skillful people out there who can make this same hack at any moment and release it publicly - imagine ladder when every trollkid has this hack? Not cool. But if he keeps doing this every day Blizzard won't have choice, they will invest time and resources to fix that exploit.

I am not into programming and stuff but maybe he is not banned yet because Blizzard needs more info from his ladder hacking to understand and find fix for it.
NUTELLA y u no make me skinny?!?
tnud
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden2233 Posts
May 10 2011 22:01 GMT
#227
On May 11 2011 06:56 TheBrofessor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 06:46 tnud wrote:
On May 11 2011 06:43 Boyo wrote:
chucknorris on EU=PiLLaGe on NA? This guy running multiple comps or something?

There are a TON of chucknorris, 80% of them have no losses. I guess many of these are guest accounts for the hacker to try his stuff on.



Are they all in Masters? Remember that everyone's ratio in diamond and below shows up as 100% because the losses aren't shown anymore.

Oh right, SHIT.
Damn you blizzard and your stupid system!!!!
- ಠ_ಠ - | disinfect wrote: AHAHHAHAHA 2DG FUCK ME ALREADY.
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-10 22:04:31
May 10 2011 22:03 GMT
#228
Looks more like a lagswitch that's behind this. Lagswitches are used on XBL to give the host an advantage, and this looks something like a lagswitch would produce.
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Zooper31
Profile Joined May 2009
United States5713 Posts
May 10 2011 22:03 GMT
#229
Why do people keep making threads about a hacker?! It absolutely infuriates me. Go to the hacker thread and post there. Email blizzard the hackers information and describe what happened.
Asato ma sad gamaya, tamaso ma jyotir gamaya, mrtyor mamrtam gamaya
GertHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States631 Posts
May 10 2011 22:04 GMT
#230
Nobody made a ChuckNorris joke on this yet? o.O;

Only ChuckNorris can beat ChuckNorris in Starcraft in less than 5 seconds.
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
Grampz
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2147 Posts
May 10 2011 22:05 GMT
#231
theres some dude in GM who went 40-1 last season in msaters and is like 90-0 this season in GM...wtf bliz
Legend`
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada381 Posts
May 10 2011 22:08 GMT
#232
Drop hacks absolutely killed WC3 ladder (both solo and team, mostly team) so hopefully this gets fixed soon.
NME.352 GM NA Protoss
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
May 10 2011 22:13 GMT
#233
On May 11 2011 06:58 whiterabbit wrote:
I really would like to hear from Blizzard why they need so much time to ban a clearly a 100% hacker. You can't have more evidences then this and I guess there are like tons of reports for his hacking accounts. He is seriously ruining games for bunch of GM players on two different servers.

If he got banned 1 day after this hacking it still would've been slow response, but this is just... unacceptable and stupid.

I am always amazed how Blizzard manages to show with "little things" how they kinda don't care (by care I mean honest and helpful care) for people who made them all rich.

P.S.
As I understand this guy didn't release this hack publicly so I wouldn't be surprised that he thinks (by some weird logic) he is helping Blizzard.

And at the end of the day he kinda really does, showing them serious vulnerabilities they will patch. I bet there are tons of other smart and skillful people out there who can make this same hack at any moment and release it publicly - imagine ladder when every trollkid has this hack? Not cool. But if he keeps doing this every day Blizzard won't have choice, they will invest time and resources to fix that exploit.

I am not into programming and stuff but maybe he is not banned yet because Blizzard needs more info from his ladder hacking to understand and find fix for it.


Yeah it could be that Blizzard doesn't care about banning hackers...

OR

They want to collect as many accounts and as much information about hacks before they do a massive sweep (which has always been how they ban hackers). Banning this guy and this guy alone will probably A) Cause him to get another account and B) Release his hack to the masses making it 10x harder to control.

If they can figure out a way to preemptively shut it down while collecting a bunch of accounts that are guilty of maphacking/drophacking/whatever, they can blow through and purge the servers in one big burst and force most of the hackers to start from scratch.

Ever since maphack in D2 Blizzard has made giant purges once or twice a year instead of banning hackers as they come up. You can trust that they have their own software as well as the hack report email people use to keep track of offenders.

On an aside, I really hope Blizzard adopts the stance where hacking will cause them to purge your account of all games (i.e. BW/WC3/WoW etc.).
XothermeK
Profile Joined May 2010
United Arab Emirates245 Posts
May 10 2011 22:16 GMT
#234
I'm glad I am just a noob diamond to not face such droppers
betaflame
Profile Joined November 2010
175 Posts
May 10 2011 22:18 GMT
#235
what a super troll, he stops at 69 wins >.>
whiterabbit
Profile Joined June 2009
2675 Posts
May 10 2011 22:18 GMT
#236
On May 11 2011 07:13 ZasZ. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 06:58 whiterabbit wrote:
I really would like to hear from Blizzard why they need so much time to ban a clearly a 100% hacker. You can't have more evidences then this and I guess there are like tons of reports for his hacking accounts. He is seriously ruining games for bunch of GM players on two different servers.

If he got banned 1 day after this hacking it still would've been slow response, but this is just... unacceptable and stupid.

I am always amazed how Blizzard manages to show with "little things" how they kinda don't care (by care I mean honest and helpful care) for people who made them all rich.

P.S.
As I understand this guy didn't release this hack publicly so I wouldn't be surprised that he thinks (by some weird logic) he is helping Blizzard.

And at the end of the day he kinda really does, showing them serious vulnerabilities they will patch. I bet there are tons of other smart and skillful people out there who can make this same hack at any moment and release it publicly - imagine ladder when every trollkid has this hack? Not cool. But if he keeps doing this every day Blizzard won't have choice, they will invest time and resources to fix that exploit.

I am not into programming and stuff but maybe he is not banned yet because Blizzard needs more info from his ladder hacking to understand and find fix for it.


Yeah it could be that Blizzard doesn't care about banning hackers...

OR

They want to collect as many accounts and as much information about hacks before they do a massive sweep (which has always been how they ban hackers). Banning this guy and this guy alone will probably A) Cause him to get another account and B) Release his hack to the masses making it 10x harder to control.

If they can figure out a way to preemptively shut it down while collecting a bunch of accounts that are guilty of maphacking/drophacking/whatever, they can blow through and purge the servers in one big burst and force most of the hackers to start from scratch.

Ever since maphack in D2 Blizzard has made giant purges once or twice a year instead of banning hackers as they come up. You can trust that they have their own software as well as the hack report email people use to keep track of offenders.

On an aside, I really hope Blizzard adopts the stance where hacking will cause them to purge your account of all games (i.e. BW/WC3/WoW etc.).


Indeed.

I rly want to believe there is legit reason why this guy (and other hackers) aint yet banned. I am kinda scared to start thinking about how Blizzard doesn't care at all after I gave em bunch of money over the years for their games and subscriptions. :-)
NUTELLA y u no make me skinny?!?
Gheed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States972 Posts
May 10 2011 22:19 GMT
#237
On May 11 2011 07:13 ZasZ. wrote:
On an aside, I really hope Blizzard adopts the stance where hacking will cause them to purge your account of all games (i.e. BW/WC3/WoW etc.).


What would that do? Nothing forces you to put all your games on one account. I didn't connect my SC2 account to my WoW account just on the off chance I somehow got my account stolen I wouldn't lose access to both games.
Mercury-
Profile Joined December 2010
Great Britain804 Posts
May 10 2011 22:22 GMT
#238
On May 11 2011 07:13 ZasZ. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2011 06:58 whiterabbit wrote:
I really would like to hear from Blizzard why they need so much time to ban a clearly a 100% hacker. You can't have more evidences then this and I guess there are like tons of reports for his hacking accounts. He is seriously ruining games for bunch of GM players on two different servers.

If he got banned 1 day after this hacking it still would've been slow response, but this is just... unacceptable and stupid.

I am always amazed how Blizzard manages to show with "little things" how they kinda don't care (by care I mean honest and helpful care) for people who made them all rich.

P.S.
As I understand this guy didn't release this hack publicly so I wouldn't be surprised that he thinks (by some weird logic) he is helping Blizzard.

And at the end of the day he kinda really does, showing them serious vulnerabilities they will patch. I bet there are tons of other smart and skillful people out there who can make this same hack at any moment and release it publicly - imagine ladder when every trollkid has this hack? Not cool. But if he keeps doing this every day Blizzard won't have choice, they will invest time and resources to fix that exploit.

I am not into programming and stuff but maybe he is not banned yet because Blizzard needs more info from his ladder hacking to understand and find fix for it.


Yeah it could be that Blizzard doesn't care about banning hackers...

OR

They want to collect as many accounts and as much information about hacks before they do a massive sweep (which has always been how they ban hackers). Banning this guy and this guy alone will probably A) Cause him to get another account and B) Release his hack to the masses making it 10x harder to control.

If they can figure out a way to preemptively shut it down while collecting a bunch of accounts that are guilty of maphacking/drophacking/whatever, they can blow through and purge the servers in one big burst and force most of the hackers to start from scratch.

Ever since maphack in D2 Blizzard has made giant purges once or twice a year instead of banning hackers as they come up. You can trust that they have their own software as well as the hack report email people use to keep track of offenders.

On an aside, I really hope Blizzard adopts the stance where hacking will cause them to purge your account of all games (i.e. BW/WC3/WoW etc.).
Coming from a WC3 background I'm pretty sure they don't really care about banning hackers.
Zerker
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada201 Posts
May 10 2011 22:23 GMT
#239
my game crashed 4 games in a row, cant play ladder too many hackers what do?
HeadDesk
Profile Joined September 2010
United States171 Posts
May 10 2011 22:28 GMT
#240
On May 11 2011 07:23 Zerker wrote:
my game crashed 4 games in a row, cant play ladder too many hackers what do?


Depending on the nature of the crash.... there might be something wrong with your client, not necessarily a hack (in fact I would lean towards re-installing client if it happened 4 times in a row).
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings95
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 167
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 454
hero 423
BeSt 252
Mind 35
Terrorterran 26
Bale 22
Noble 12
yabsab 10
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1206
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 380
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King150
Other Games
summit1g10122
ArmadaUGS41
Livibee29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH339
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2267
League of Legends
• Rush1354
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 3m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.