• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:29
CEST 13:29
KST 20:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8424 users

Canada: Starcraft II + SpazCraft - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
laLAlA[uC]
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada963 Posts
March 10 2011 19:53 GMT
#61
Now that I think about it. Superninja and Azide are both Canadian. They're top 5 2v2 in the world.
I'm an old man now
Antimage
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1293 Posts
March 10 2011 19:55 GMT
#62
On March 11 2011 04:53 laLAlA[uC] wrote:
Now that I think about it. Superninja and Azide are both Canadian. They're top 5 2v2 in the world.


I trained them from little nooblets and they're from waterloo/laurier universities :D
Spazzer
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada139 Posts
March 10 2011 20:01 GMT
#63
On March 11 2011 04:16 FreezerJumps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 04:03 Rob28 wrote:
On March 11 2011 02:22 FreezerJumps wrote:
The first organization to try to start a scene in canada is named after a derogatory term. Wonderful.

Spaz is outdated as far as derogatory terms go. I don't think most people associate it with negative connotations anymore. If someone says "that guy's a spaz", people usually just assume it's referring to someone who is cooky or zany, not so much mentally challenged.

Kinda like if I say something is "lame", it doesn't mean I don't think it can walk (the definition of "lame"), I mean that it's boring or uncool.


The same could be said for gamers' uses of words like gay and rape. Maybe they're acceptable for most people in certain situations, but you wouldn't name an organization gaycraft or rapecraft. The fact is that while most people don't know or imply the negative connotations of the word, they're still there.

All I'm saying is that there's no reason you can't use a more professional name. I've read your explanation for your name, but unless you're going to attach that explanation to every banner you make, you'll make a bad first impression with many people.

On another note, stop "signing" your posts. Your name is at the top of them, you look ridiculous typing ~Spazzer every time. That's not even what a tilde is.


Sorry that you feel this strongly about the name, but it is here to stay. As for criticizing me for signing each post it's an old habit and effects you in no way. Enjoy.

~Spazzer
www.SpazCraft.com
Minigun
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
619 Posts
March 10 2011 20:04 GMT
#64
On March 11 2011 04:35 cive wrote:
ROOT.minigun, maybe?

I know hes a Canadian... I met the guy before at Toronto


wat, I've never been to toronto
“Quiet people have the loudest minds.” ― Stephen Hawking
Spazzer
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada139 Posts
March 10 2011 20:14 GMT
#65
On March 11 2011 05:04 Minigun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 04:35 cive wrote:
ROOT.minigun, maybe?

I know hes a Canadian... I met the guy before at Toronto


wat, I've never been to toronto


I was about to say Chad... Cold Weather.. Doubt it.

~Spazzer
www.SpazCraft.com
laLAlA[uC]
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada963 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 20:37:21
March 10 2011 20:37 GMT
#66
On March 11 2011 04:55 Antimage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 11 2011 04:53 laLAlA[uC] wrote:
Now that I think about it. Superninja and Azide are both Canadian. They're top 5 2v2 in the world.


I trained them from little nooblets and they're from waterloo/laurier universities :D


Ye. Superninja added me recently asking about CSL. Hopefully we can get him 2v2ing for us.
I'm an old man now
DarkOmen
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada72 Posts
March 10 2011 20:57 GMT
#67
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 11 2011 04:48 Mythito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 06:17 CookieMaker wrote:
On March 10 2011 03:43 Starp wrote:
...isn't "spaz" a negative word one hears in places like highschool? If so, you sure could have picked a better name for yourself. Self-defecating is the word here I think (?)... sorry but I think it's a childish offending word... just gives some people a frown

Lol the word is actually self-defeating... defecating is pooping


Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 06:23 sickoota wrote:
Self-defacing actually



and the TL community goes zero for three on trying to come up with "self-deprecating".
"self-dep·re·cat·ing
–adjective
belittling or undervaluing oneself"
although self-defecating is a slangy metaphorical way of saying it i believe.. but it literally means pooping yourself

Thank you for this post... It's a huge pet peeve of mine that so many people use completely incorrect words like this, and I was about to post this myself when I read your post.

For those of you saying there's nothing in western Canada, specifically Edmonton, there is actually a monthly LAN tournament put on in the clareview area, and there was an initiative started by tQArchaic for bi-weekly casual practice sessions at the same internet cafe. Here are the links:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199297
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=187770

I was at the January tournament, and will be at the April one as well. It was a great experience, everyone was pretty friendly, and even if you don't know anyone else when you arrive, you know everyone has the shared interest and passion for SC2, so you won't just be a dude standing in the corner by himself.

Sry, I realize that was a bit off topic from the OP... Don't mean to derail the thread. On topic, I'm looking forward to seeing what SpazCraft will produce in the future. Looks like a very promising site, and it's great to see more SC2 action in Canada!
"I'm on a pumpkin pie diet right now. It's all I eat. I feel like I'm gonna die, but it's so delicious." - Artosis
Mythito
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada230 Posts
March 11 2011 08:57 GMT
#68
When i get back to Ontario in the summer i hope this is still going on strong so i can come by
Did everything just taste purple for a second?
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 09:28:24
March 11 2011 08:59 GMT
#69
http://www.cstarleague.com/league/teams/205
<< CombatEx Antimage Monk Gerbil Humble Kangpo infinity Corinthos MnMVadar
http://www.cstarleague.com/league/teams/135
<< Iefnaij SlayerSBekHo REQSlaineD

isnt that simple?

also sinatra from UAlberta
Suggy from Mcmaster
NrGostojiy from Western Ontario
NOVAStalife firezerg from UBC

just go to CSL website and search all the top canadian university lolol
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Spazzer
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada139 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-13 17:47:22
March 12 2011 07:33 GMT
#70
Sorry for the delay in PM's and emails I am currently at the Montreal LAN ETS. Come say hi, I am around the Admin tables / 'might' be doing some casting tomorrow.

Peace,

Edit: Back Now, Swamped with Emails. If you were at LAN ETS it was awesome, big thanks to Tort for letting me crash at his place. I hope everyone had a chance to speak with me if not hit me up anytime at public@spazcraft.com.

~Spazzer
www.SpazCraft.com
Spazzer
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada139 Posts
March 17 2011 19:30 GMT
#71
Did a major update on the Canadian Player names however I know some are still wrong but would love some feedback.

Thanks,

~Spazzer
www.SpazCraft.com
_Search_
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada180 Posts
March 17 2011 19:44 GMT
#72
Namkung should be on that list. I played against him (got stomped) in a Toronto LAN. He's top 200 NA.
dogmeatstew
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada574 Posts
March 17 2011 19:55 GMT
#73
On March 11 2011 05:57 DarkOmen wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 11 2011 04:48 Mythito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 06:17 CookieMaker wrote:
On March 10 2011 03:43 Starp wrote:
...isn't "spaz" a negative word one hears in places like highschool? If so, you sure could have picked a better name for yourself. Self-defecating is the word here I think (?)... sorry but I think it's a childish offending word... just gives some people a frown

Lol the word is actually self-defeating... defecating is pooping


Show nested quote +
On March 10 2011 06:23 sickoota wrote:
Self-defacing actually



and the TL community goes zero for three on trying to come up with "self-deprecating".
"self-dep·re·cat·ing
–adjective
belittling or undervaluing oneself"
although self-defecating is a slangy metaphorical way of saying it i believe.. but it literally means pooping yourself

Thank you for this post... It's a huge pet peeve of mine that so many people use completely incorrect words like this, and I was about to post this myself when I read your post.

For those of you saying there's nothing in western Canada, specifically Edmonton, there is actually a monthly LAN tournament put on in the clareview area, and there was an initiative started by tQArchaic for bi-weekly casual practice sessions at the same internet cafe. Here are the links:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=199297
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=187770

I was at the January tournament, and will be at the April one as well. It was a great experience, everyone was pretty friendly, and even if you don't know anyone else when you arrive, you know everyone has the shared interest and passion for SC2, so you won't just be a dude standing in the corner by himself.

Sry, I realize that was a bit off topic from the OP... Don't mean to derail the thread. On topic, I'm looking forward to seeing what SpazCraft will produce in the future. Looks like a very promising site, and it's great to see more SC2 action in Canada!



Oh cool, I'd come out to that if I can manage to remember. I guess clairview isn't *that* far away... all things considered.
NB
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Netherlands12045 Posts
March 17 2011 19:59 GMT
#74
i think you have 2 combatex in your list =__=...

and why im not in the list (jk-ing, but i soon will b :3)
Im daed. Follow me @TL_NB
Strike_
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands704 Posts
March 17 2011 20:04 GMT
#75
Wow why is combat ex on that list
ReejOner
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada13 Posts
March 17 2011 20:12 GMT
#76
Gotta love canada, maybe ill be top200 oneday lol
Spazzer
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada139 Posts
March 21 2011 21:59 GMT
#77
Yeah, Canada is food stuff planning on some big LAN events in Ontario, Area.

I will keep everyone posted.

~Spazzer
www.SpazCraft.com
LagLovah
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada552 Posts
March 21 2011 22:52 GMT
#78
rSLaglovah can add me to the list somewhat inactive but around 3650 master right now...from edmonton
rSLagLovah on NA xSixLagLovah on Kr
prodiG
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2016 Posts
March 21 2011 22:54 GMT
#79
prodiG, commentator for iccup.tv and leader of iccup mapmaking team also from edmonton 8)
ESV Mapmaking Team || http://twitter.com/prodiGsc || Real talk, I don't have time to sugar-coat it for you sir
Spazzer
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada139 Posts
March 25 2011 03:01 GMT
#80
Updated the list and put the names in order let me know if I am missing anyone or need to update any names.

~Spazzer
www.SpazCraft.com
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko300
OGKoka 90
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14120
Bisu 5210
FanTaSy 3881
Jaedong 1510
Shuttle 1274
BeSt 1003
actioN 755
EffOrt 613
Horang2 534
Larva 298
[ Show more ]
Leta 298
Zeus 250
Dewaltoss 117
Barracks 108
Mind 105
Sexy 84
JYJ 83
scan(afreeca) 72
Mong 70
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 54
Shinee 41
sSak 40
Killer 39
Aegong 31
soO 27
Bale 26
Sea.KH 26
Free 25
HiyA 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 7
Dota 2
Dendi404
XaKoH 345
Gorgc310
Counter-Strike
x6flipin214
Other Games
singsing2332
olofmeister1367
B2W.Neo385
crisheroes281
Pyrionflax214
dupreeh118
Livibee115
KnowMe101
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick636
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1336
Other Games
• WagamamaTV208
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 31m
Replay Cast
11h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 31m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 31m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.