• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12154 users

[Q&A] Official NASL Thread - Page 80

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 100 Next
Before you post, read the title of this thread slowly and out loud.
ptbl
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6074 Posts
March 22 2011 21:20 GMT
#1581
On March 23 2011 06:13 alexhard wrote:
Just throwing this out there, because a lot of people are simply taking him at his word. If avilo did not spam the votes himself, then who did, and what could possibly have been their motivation?


I'm pretty sure with was athenewins. He made a post/thread about it on teamliquid that got him banned.
Don't mind me
Yunarc
Profile Joined March 2011
United States314 Posts
March 22 2011 21:20 GMT
#1582
@Gretheart, Xeris apologized in the other thread that got locked. Avilo saw the apology and did not accept it. Its over now or should be, the accusation was misplaced and has been rectified. I am not sure what a "proper apology" would be for some of you, if I say I am sorry, most people accept that and move on and so should you.

Back on topic announcing the first 5 on SOTG would be cool.
Dexington
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada7276 Posts
March 22 2011 21:23 GMT
#1583
On March 23 2011 06:13 alexhard wrote:
Just throwing this out there, because a lot of people are simply taking him at his word. If avilo did not spam the votes himself, then who did, and what could possibly have been their motivation?


Heard it was AtheneWins, who was trying to spell his name with the top vote getters as a joke.
"Man you guys are missing out waving your stats dicks about instead of watching this pvp" - bbm
lazyo
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany90 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 21:28:18
March 22 2011 21:27 GMT
#1584
The whole poll drama just screams incompetence to me.
With the system they used you can vote infinite times by just deleting the cookies. Since it's the internet of course that will get manipulated with automated scripts. For gods sake, save the IP and add a captcha. Problem (almost) solved.
The way it is now the entire voting is basically meaningless.
GertHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States631 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 21:32:52
March 22 2011 21:27 GMT
#1585
"Ah, you were removed from the poll by uservoice. We investigated fraudulent voting and your votes were illegitimate. You used the same account but changed IP's every time, which was pretty funny. "

"What I said was that you used the same account for your votes, whether it was you specifically or someone doing it for you, I don't know, I guess there's really no way to tell if it was you or someone trolling you. Either way, almost all of the votes to your name weren't legitimate.

Avilo, I'm sorry my first pm came off as accusatory. I clarified my position. Again, we're not accusing you. I'm really sorry that you feel this way.

On March 23 2011 06:11 Xeris wrote:
I apologized. There was no mistake about the votes - they were fraudulent. I'll apologize again though. I'm sorry for the accusatory tone of the first PM I sent to you, and I'm sorry for any confusion that resulted from that. Avilo's name was removed from consideration for an invite because the actual number of votes he received doesn't put him in that discussion. I made a mistake by responding to him improperly and I won't be doing that again!


You apologize like my Ex-wife I swear to god, you can't figure it out on your own I'll spell it out to you.

Xeris, I'm sorry you don't get it do you, You accused him over and over and have YET to overturn the penalty. If you're sorry FIX it and apologize properly you keep apologizing for the FIRST PM, you BM'd him much more and kept accusing him of cheating directly. WITHOUT evidence it was him actually.

An apology is not all you need to, fix the situation. I'm not saying reinvite(edit:And correction you never technically invited him, I know that. Don't look for actual errors in my post unless it is actually you fixing the situation please.) him I'm saying you should've fixed the results.

Here is another thing, by publically posting what you did you can actually be sued by Avilo, for public slandering. YOU HAVE 800k AT LEAST in the NASL, and yeah Celebrities get sued, I think there was a recent story on the news about this. You have public awareness and the possibility to lose a LOT more.

Fix the problem apologize by fixing it also. "I'm sorry for accusing you of cheating Avilo, I will try to fix the situation" Take responsibility. He's actually a top level player and you accused him of cheating. Also a lawyer may take this case on a contingency bases. So seriously consider your options before bad mouthing someone and continuing to apologize so poorly.

I'm actually more frustrated with this than anything because I guess of the way you apologize. You BM'd the guy and what 50,000 views on that post? and now you can't even apologize how you should "Him being removed off the list" isn't the issue. Him being penalized is. If there is something you can do about that then do it. If there isn't then you might have screwed the pooch yourself.
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
Kangg
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States128 Posts
March 22 2011 21:27 GMT
#1586
I dont like the system of how people are getting into this tournament. I feel that this could be run a lot differently. I think you should be running something like TSL, instead of the format you are running when it comes to the selection process. other than that the format seems solid, i just feel the selection process will draw huge favoritism for certain people.
jester-
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada547 Posts
March 22 2011 21:31 GMT
#1587
On March 23 2011 06:27 GertHeart wrote:
You apologize like my Ex-wife I swear to god, you can't figure it out on your own I'll spell it out to you.


That pretty much sums up what I thought when I read his apologies. The underlying condescending pokes are always there.
Arise, chicken sandwich.
GertHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States631 Posts
March 22 2011 21:35 GMT
#1588
On March 23 2011 06:31 jester- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2011 06:27 GertHeart wrote:
You apologize like my Ex-wife I swear to god, you can't figure it out on your own I'll spell it out to you.


That pretty much sums up what I thought when I read his apologies. The underlying condescending pokes are always there.


That's exactly what I mean. "I'm sorry" "For what?" "I apologized is that not enough?" "Umm do you know what you are apologizing for?" "Uhh you just wanted an apology." Seriously, while when i have to apologize I have to be pin point specific. Guess what bro, you gotta be pin point specific and stop saying "First pm" you weren't just wrong there. Figure out what you are apologizing for, if you can't do it. Get a panel in the NASL to figure it out with you seriously. REALLY BAD. argh.

Hope NASL is good but it going on like this is slowly losing hype, and instead is becoming an infamous Tournament. Maybe we need a "Friday Friday" rendition of NASL tournament at this point.
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
Fallacy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States227 Posts
March 22 2011 21:37 GMT
#1589
@Xeris

When you say a delayed broadcast, how delayed do you mean? If it's by 5 minutes or 3 hours that would be fine for broadcasting games. If it was by 12-48 hours, I would much rather you do it live. Of course, should the opportunity arise where you were able to do a live broadcast with great production value, then please do that.
Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone.
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-22 21:42:57
March 22 2011 21:39 GMT
#1590
On March 23 2011 06:35 GertHeart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 23 2011 06:31 jester- wrote:
On March 23 2011 06:27 GertHeart wrote:
You apologize like my Ex-wife I swear to god, you can't figure it out on your own I'll spell it out to you.


That pretty much sums up what I thought when I read his apologies. The underlying condescending pokes are always there.


That's exactly what I mean. "I'm sorry" "For what?" "I apologized is that not enough?" "Umm do you know what you are apologizing for?" "Uhh you just wanted an apology." Seriously, while when i have to apologize I have to be pin point specific. Guess what bro, you gotta be pin point specific and stop saying "First pm" you weren't just wrong there. Figure out what you are apologizing for, if you can't do it. Get a panel in the NASL to figure it out with you seriously. REALLY BAD. argh.

Hope NASL is good but it going on like this is slowly losing hype, and instead is becoming an infamous Tournament. Maybe we need a "Friday Friday" rendition of NASL tournament at this point.


Yeah i totally agree. He keeps trying to cover it up as a tone or poorly worded rather than he actually accused him of cheating/rigging the polls. God i can't stand people that are in denial or that don't even know how to man up. How old is this guy? Isn't this guy supposed to be the "premier tournament organizer"? He should probably stick to organizing tournaments rather than PR. For christ sake the guy incriminated himself in the post with the first pm lol. This makes him look real great lolol.
TL+ Member
ultramafia
Profile Joined August 2010
221 Posts
March 22 2011 21:41 GMT
#1591
what penalty did avilo suffer? he was removed from the stand by list because he didn't have enough votes. i'd rather xeris and the nasl focus on producing the best league and content they can offer than internet apologies to avilo...

but thats just me.
毒爆虫 | CJ Entus fight
zerglingsfolife
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States1694 Posts
March 22 2011 21:44 GMT
#1592
Why is that shit being discussed in this thread. It had it's own thread and everything was resolved.
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crown and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness.
feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
March 22 2011 21:45 GMT
#1593
On March 23 2011 06:37 Fallacy wrote:
@Xeris

When you say a delayed broadcast, how delayed do you mean? If it's by 5 minutes or 3 hours that would be fine for broadcasting games. If it was by 12-48 hours, I would much rather you do it live. Of course, should the opportunity arise where you were able to do a live broadcast with great production value, then please do that.

It is going to be cast by their casters Live, then edited and broadcasted the next day. so in that 12-24 hour range. They have said the LAN finals will be cast live
MorNin
Profile Joined June 2010
United States443 Posts
March 22 2011 21:45 GMT
#1594
Xeris' tone on the his 1st PM might of not been correct.. But Avilo knew his votes were fraudulent and just went along without saying anything.. If you didnt read it, He was not even considered as one of the 50 players he was on some back up list that was based on the Voting and since the votes were illegal he was removed from that..

And as a way to "Fix" this it was already fixed, Xeris even apologized what do you ppl want? Avilo in the NASL to get stomped on?? If he is even good enough then win the Open. And that Suing thing is BS lol
Darathor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States327 Posts
March 22 2011 21:47 GMT
#1595
He said he was sorry. You guys should really just shut up about him "not saying it good enough" because it doesn't even matter what you think, and this isn't even the right thread for it.
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
March 22 2011 21:47 GMT
#1596
On March 23 2011 06:27 GertHeart wrote:
"Ah, you were removed from the poll by uservoice. We investigated fraudulent voting and your votes were illegitimate. You used the same account but changed IP's every time, which was pretty funny. "

"What I said was that you used the same account for your votes, whether it was you specifically or someone doing it for you, I don't know, I guess there's really no way to tell if it was you or someone trolling you. Either way, almost all of the votes to your name weren't legitimate.

Avilo, I'm sorry my first pm came off as accusatory. I clarified my position. Again, we're not accusing you. I'm really sorry that you feel this way.

Show nested quote +
On March 23 2011 06:11 Xeris wrote:
I apologized. There was no mistake about the votes - they were fraudulent. I'll apologize again though. I'm sorry for the accusatory tone of the first PM I sent to you, and I'm sorry for any confusion that resulted from that. Avilo's name was removed from consideration for an invite because the actual number of votes he received doesn't put him in that discussion. I made a mistake by responding to him improperly and I won't be doing that again!


You apologize like my Ex-wife I swear to god, you can't figure it out on your own I'll spell it out to you.

Xeris, I'm sorry you don't get it do you, You accused him over and over and have YET to overturn the penalty. If you're sorry FIX it and apologize properly you keep apologizing for the FIRST PM, you BM'd him much more and kept accusing him of cheating directly. WITHOUT evidence it was him actually.

An apology is not all you need to, fix the situation. I'm not saying reinvite(edit:And correction you never technically invited him, I know that. Don't look for actual errors in my post unless it is actually you fixing the situation please.) him I'm saying you should've fixed the results.

Here is another thing, by publically posting what you did you can actually be sued by Avilo, for public slandering. YOU HAVE 800k AT LEAST in the NASL, and yeah Celebrities get sued, I think there was a recent story on the news about this. You have public awareness and the possibility to lose a LOT more.

Fix the problem apologize by fixing it also. "I'm sorry for accusing you of cheating Avilo, I will try to fix the situation" Take responsibility. He's actually a top level player and you accused him of cheating. Also a lawyer may take this case on a contingency bases. So seriously consider your options before bad mouthing someone and continuing to apologize so poorly.

I'm actually more frustrated with this than anything because I guess of the way you apologize. You BM'd the guy and what 50,000 views on that post? and now you can't even apologize how you should "Him being removed off the list" isn't the issue. Him being penalized is. If there is something you can do about that then do it. If there isn't then you might have screwed the pooch yourself.


If you don't mind me asking, what exactly is the penalty that you think Avilo received?
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
March 22 2011 21:54 GMT
#1597
If none of this vote rigging stuff had ever happened, Avilo would have very few votes and wouldn't be under consideration for an invite. Evidence: "The reason Avilo was first on our standby list was because of his perceived popularity. Obviously that has now been shown to be false, so we can no longer have him on that list."

Now, after all this vote rigging stuff has happened, Avilo isn't under consideration for an invite.

So nothing has changed. The only thing that was achieved during this whole voting process was a bunch of hurt egos, and nobody cares about that. So stop talking about this issue, please.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
GertHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States631 Posts
March 22 2011 21:54 GMT
#1598
The penalty he received was that he was removed completely from even having a chance to be in the tournament. If you read the original post he states that. Because they have to keep the integrity of the NASL intact.

His name was first removed by "uservoice" but also "Accidentally" by Xeris himself, too many silly and childish things.

And the whole lawsuit thing, is kind of a joke. but it's true to get slandered publically is something a person can sue for in the US. All he'd have to do is call up a lawyer ask him if he is interesting in it and present the evidence, show that this tournament has an 800k prize pool, and that lawyer might be willing to go on a contingency basis. So Avilo would not be representing himself "Per se" and he would be the Plaintiff obviously. Lawyers tend to take a 40-50%+ depending on the cases.
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
Archvil3
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark989 Posts
March 22 2011 21:54 GMT
#1599
@GertHeart

Holy fuck that is probally the craziest shit I've read in a long while. Before I make myself look like a fool for falling for this, are you actually just trolling now?
Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent.
GertHeart
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States631 Posts
March 22 2011 21:57 GMT
#1600
On March 23 2011 06:54 motbob wrote:
If none of this vote rigging stuff had ever happened, Avilo would have very few votes and wouldn't be under consideration for an invite. Evidence: "The reason Avilo was first on our standby list was because of his perceived popularity. Obviously that has now been shown to be false, so we can no longer have him on that list."

Now, after all this vote rigging stuff has happened, Avilo isn't under consideration for an invite.

So nothing has changed. The only thing that was achieved during this whole voting process was a bunch of hurt egos, and nobody cares about that. So stop talking about this issue, please.


Motbob, you're a cheater, I exchanged these PM's with you. You have been removed from TeamLiquid.net to keep TLAF's Integrity. and all your posts have been removed because we have found that none were actually posted by you.

Does that sound good to you Motbob?

That's about how it was done to him. Try to look at it from Xeris's point of view but also from Avilo's. And then from a neutral stand point.
He who conquers the past rules the future, He who conquers the future rules the past. - C&C Red Alert
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 100 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings103
CranKy Ducklings SOOP34
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko273
ProTech138
SHIN 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28075
Hyuk 1302
Shuttle 1153
Bisu 1089
Mind 850
Mini 294
Larva 275
firebathero 244
EffOrt 201
Soma 184
[ Show more ]
Last 131
ZerO 101
Leta 96
Zeus 79
Pusan 69
Hyun 67
Hm[arnc] 59
Bale 34
Sexy 34
Trap 33
PianO 32
sorry 32
Killer 31
hero 30
ToSsGirL 26
Aegong 25
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
zelot 8
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Dendi883
XcaliburYe646
XaKoH 425
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1482
Other Games
gofns38309
singsing2598
B2W.Neo922
crisheroes323
Happy226
DeMusliM203
OGKoka 160
Mew2King110
Livibee103
ArmadaUGS69
ToD68
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream198
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 71
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8041
League of Legends
• Jankos1717
Other Games
• WagamamaTV221
Upcoming Events
FEL
4h 1m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 1m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 1m
INu's Battles
1d
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.