• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8499 users

[GSL] Who is worthy of competing in Code A - Page 103

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 110 Next
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
January 19 2011 14:17 GMT
#2041
On January 19 2011 02:58 CursedFeanor wrote:
I'm not saying these other players are not good, I'm just saying from my unbiased opinion that HuK is better. I believe the next couple of months will certainly prove me right, so just wait and see!

Why you can't be truly unbiased:

1. if you've watched HuK's stream, you probably have an attachment to his play (conscious or unconscious), having watched it more. you probably have not watched all code S protoss players equally (a small number of televised games filled with pressure does not mean much). Only when you have, could you inch closer to the state of being able to say you're unbiased.
2. Because you understand the language huk speaks and posts in, you might have some sort of attachment to his character. you have have little to no such attachment to the koreans, because all of your exposure to them is translated
3. you haven't been able to watch HuK in korean qualifiers much, you don't know if his losses were due to his opponent being better or choking, or a combination of both. the ability to play under high pressure is integral to playing in the GSL, and you have little way of evaluating this aspect of huk

I fully agree that HuK deserves to be in code A. However, any claims of unbiasedness by anyone in the subject are false. Human psychology does not allow truly "unbiased" evaluation of subjective things such as a gameplay, and I argue that there is no such thing. Sorry.
posting on liquid sites in current year
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
January 19 2011 14:22 GMT
#2042
On January 19 2011 08:48 primarch359 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2011 15:12 Kimaker wrote:
NOTE: As has been pointed out, Tyler and White-ra are married,


Am I the only one that read this as them married to each other?

I did.

My vote for Brat-HuK!
hi. big fan.
RHMVNovus
Profile Joined October 2010
United States738 Posts
January 19 2011 14:36 GMT
#2043
On January 19 2011 23:22 FataLe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2011 08:48 primarch359 wrote:
On January 06 2011 15:12 Kimaker wrote:
NOTE: As has been pointed out, Tyler and White-ra are married,


Am I the only one that read this as them married to each other?

I did.

My vote for Brat-HuK!


I ship KiWiHuKi
Droning his sorrows in massive amounts of macro
Baddykid
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada54 Posts
January 19 2011 14:44 GMT
#2044
KiWiKaKi, Naniwa, HuK, White Ra (I'm not saying this because I'm a toss player, I'm saying this because in my OP these are the best 4)
Kairo
Profile Joined November 2008
Sweden184 Posts
January 19 2011 14:44 GMT
#2045
On January 06 2011 15:25 baeracaed wrote:
Huk
SjoW
BRAT_OK
MorroW


This, except that i would place Brat_Ok at the top.
Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may truly judge what is sane. Off she rode with a trumpety trump; trump trump trump.<- Sig since before the Don.
insaneMicro
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany761 Posts
January 19 2011 14:48 GMT
#2046
Morrow
Kiwikaki
Incontrol
Huk
"Damn I played some fine Zerg right there". -Fruitdealer
najreteip
Profile Joined December 2010
Belgium4158 Posts
January 19 2011 17:32 GMT
#2047
On January 19 2011 23:05 RHMVNovus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2011 03:34 urdak wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:58 CursedFeanor wrote:
I'm not saying these other players are not good, I'm just saying from my unbiased opinion that HuK is better.

CursedFeanor Canada

clearly unbiased..


Everyone's hyper-nationalist. No exceptions. Every single person in the world has a tribalist loyalty to the plot of land they live in and refuse to accept that there are places outside that plot of land that might be better at anything ever.

By the way, we've always been at war with Eastasia.

Rofl, you've obviously never met any Belgians :p
I have no quote!
Slardar
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada7596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 17:35:02
January 19 2011 17:32 GMT
#2048
HuK
White-Ra
SeN
Naniwa

These are the people who I believe will have the most success, either through skill or sheer will of power to practice themselves silly. There are of course a ton missing here: Hayder, Morrow, Naama, Socke, Mana, Catz, KiWi, Slardar, etc etc.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
January 19 2011 17:42 GMT
#2049
On January 19 2011 10:25 Rokk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2011 02:58 CursedFeanor wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:06 FakePlasticLove wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:04 CursedFeanor wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:00 r3clay wrote:
huk is protoss he won't win.. lets invite 4 terrans.. than we might stand a chance


yeah it's been proven that protoss can't win GSL.. oh wait... right... HuK is the #2 protoss in the world right there besides MC, no question about that! There is absolutely no way he can't make it to code S very soon.

The guy that couldn't qualify for GSL #3 is the 2nd protoss in the world over 8 other S-ranked Toss Players?


Exactly. He is a better player then the other code S protoss. And if you think the mere fact that they are in code S at the moment automatically makes them better players, I believe you just need to learn how to evaluate players properly.

I'm not saying these other players are not good, I'm just saying from my unbiased opinion that HuK is better. I believe the next couple of months will certainly prove me right, so just wait and see!


I'll take Genius's performance in several tournaments over Huk's one MLG victory. He's good, but he's no where near the second best protoss. What makes your opinion unbiased exactly?


I don't think you've seen any of huks games. Try watching any other stream (sen, ret, idra, tlo, root guys) and there is simply no comparison. Huk is definitely top 3 protoss in the world with mc and genius. He is constantly beating all of the guys in S class pretty convincingly. He uses a variety of strategies and is damn near perfect in his execution. His harassment with zealot and stalker against terran is outstanding (his best matchup) and his pvp is spot on (when he doesn't do FE or 1 gate robo which he stopped recently since it's impossible to hold against 4 gate). He has won an mlg like jinro, but if you compare the performance of the two players since getting to korea, huk has improved more drastically than jinro. Watch huk play 1-2 games then try switching to any other game of any other player and you will see the difference, it's very obvious.

User was warned for this post
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
January 19 2011 17:56 GMT
#2050
On January 20 2011 02:42 darmousseh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2011 10:25 Rokk wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:58 CursedFeanor wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:06 FakePlasticLove wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:04 CursedFeanor wrote:
On January 19 2011 02:00 r3clay wrote:
huk is protoss he won't win.. lets invite 4 terrans.. than we might stand a chance


yeah it's been proven that protoss can't win GSL.. oh wait... right... HuK is the #2 protoss in the world right there besides MC, no question about that! There is absolutely no way he can't make it to code S very soon.

The guy that couldn't qualify for GSL #3 is the 2nd protoss in the world over 8 other S-ranked Toss Players?


Exactly. He is a better player then the other code S protoss. And if you think the mere fact that they are in code S at the moment automatically makes them better players, I believe you just need to learn how to evaluate players properly.

I'm not saying these other players are not good, I'm just saying from my unbiased opinion that HuK is better. I believe the next couple of months will certainly prove me right, so just wait and see!


I'll take Genius's performance in several tournaments over Huk's one MLG victory. He's good, but he's no where near the second best protoss. What makes your opinion unbiased exactly?


I don't think you've seen any of huks games. Try watching any other stream (sen, ret, idra, tlo, root guys) and there is simply no comparison. Huk is definitely top 3 protoss in the world with mc and genius. He is constantly beating all of the guys in S class pretty convincingly. He uses a variety of strategies and is damn near perfect in his execution. His harassment with zealot and stalker against terran is outstanding (his best matchup) and his pvp is spot on (when he doesn't do FE or 1 gate robo which he stopped recently since it's impossible to hold against 4 gate). He has won an mlg like jinro, but if you compare the performance of the two players since getting to korea, huk has improved more drastically than jinro. Watch huk play 1-2 games then try switching to any other game of any other player and you will see the difference, it's very obvious.


I think you're exaggerating a lot. Yes, HuK has improved a lot, I watch his stream from time to time, I've seen it. However he's nowhere near MC, Tester and Genius, I'd say he'd probably do well in Code A, maybe top 10 protoss on korean ladder, but nowhere top 3. In comparison to HuK, Jinro's play is a lot more polished, looks cleaner and more practiced, and even if he makes some silly early game mistakes and thus prefers long macro games, his playstyle has been adapting to metagame needs.

I think huk will get his chance, and if it's not through this gomtv selection, it will be through normal qualification matches. Given that HuK has this possibility (since he's already at korea) I think this chance should be reserved for players residing outside korea, thus strengthening foreigner play in korea.

Because of this, I'd pick the following for an invite, excluding players who've stated they don't want to travel:

-BratOK (Great player, I think his style would do well, plus, apparently he's available)
-Naniwa (Good player, and he's stated he'd like to go)
-Kiwikaki (Fun, exciting player to watch with innovative strategies, he'd gain a quick following in korea)
-Kas (Insane terran play, maybe the best EU terran right now)
totally_spy
Profile Joined April 2010
France104 Posts
January 19 2011 18:07 GMT
#2051
Naniwa
Kas
Mana
Socke
Naama
Qxc
Kiwikaki
Incontrol
tapk69
Profile Joined January 2011
Portugal264 Posts
January 19 2011 18:19 GMT
#2052
He has won an mlg like jinro, but if you compare the performance of the two players since getting to korea, huk has improved more drastically than jinro. Watch huk play 1-2 games then try switching to any other game of any other player and you will see the difference, it's very obvious.


Is this guy serious ? Jinro lost 4-0 to MC in the final 4 of the GSL 3 , do you know what he did to him this time around? 2-0... that is improving , improving is not going good on the ladder , Choya even played coin flips in the ladder,comon...

Jinro is like the number 3 terran or 2 terran in the world , with GSL and MLG resumé... 2 GSL final four? man do you really think HuK is that good? you can say hes good but you have to clean your mouth if you say he is better than Jinro right now .. Support Jinro man , he is inspiring lots of players.. he deserves the fame and support from the community for being a nice guy with talent and will to suceed!
ja foste
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 18:43:06
January 19 2011 18:30 GMT
#2053
Naama - Because he's rock solid and I have a feeling his timing pushes would fair well vs koreans. He just has such sick precision in all his execution.

White-Ra - He was always good in starcraft. He's always going to be good at starcraft 2. He has a wife so I don't know how realistic it is but the guy is spending most of his time playing starcraft as it is, so.

Kiwikaki - Creative like huk, but with overall better star sense and execution. As long as he doesn't get too weird with his builds I would consider him very solid.

Morrow - Morrow because I believe the kid to have enormous potential, but I trust he will succeed in starcraft II one way or another anyway so whether you invite him or not makes little difference. ^^

Those would be my picks.

Then there's Brat_ok, Socke,Tarson, Sjow (him especially because who knows what this guy could achieve if he didn't have to click the siege and PDD with his mouse), Mana, Naniwa, Sen. All of them could perform well in GSL.

Oh and I'm going to cry if they end up inviting 4/4 americans like inferior EG members just because TL has such a large american demographic. T_T
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-19 18:55:34
January 19 2011 18:48 GMT
#2054
Funny how incontrol has like a hundred times more votes than morrow, with hardly any achievements.

I guess we're not really looking to send a talented player with potential and achievements to show for it, but rather a very likeable guy who we'd like to have a beer and some pizza with.
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
January 19 2011 19:02 GMT
#2055
On January 20 2011 03:48 hifriend wrote:
Funny how incontrol has like a hundred times more votes than morrow, with hardly any achievements.

I guess we're not really looking to send a talented player with potential and achievements to show for it, but rather a very likeable guy who we'd like to have a beer and some pizza with.


Might be because morrow has stated he doesn't want to go to korea, thus discouraging people from voting for him, he's well liked so popularity shouldn't be an issue in his case.
s.a.y
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Croatia3840 Posts
January 19 2011 19:12 GMT
#2056
On January 20 2011 03:48 hifriend wrote:
Funny how incontrol has like a hundred times more votes than morrow, with hardly any achievements.

I guess we're not really looking to send a talented player with potential and achievements to show for it, but rather a very likeable guy who we'd like to have a beer and some pizza with.


I have to agree. There is no reason to send InControl there, only for EG's publicity i guess.

On the other side, MorroW is still not over with his education, so he might be in Tyler's position, unable or not willing to go to Korea even if invited.

I am not good with quotes
deadjon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States83 Posts
January 19 2011 19:18 GMT
#2057
On January 06 2011 15:11 ThePimpImp wrote:
HuK, ROOTDrewbie, ROOTqxc, Select

I would second these choices. They may be personal preference, and not opinions from a top level player, but those 4 are the guys I would love to see play the top GSL people.

Actually, I'd even throw in Destiny, if for no reason other than to see how it went...
Huh... wha?
hifriend
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
China7935 Posts
January 19 2011 19:24 GMT
#2058
On January 20 2011 04:02 mordk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 03:48 hifriend wrote:
Funny how incontrol has like a hundred times more votes than morrow, with hardly any achievements.

I guess we're not really looking to send a talented player with potential and achievements to show for it, but rather a very likeable guy who we'd like to have a beer and some pizza with.


Might be because morrow has stated he doesn't want to go to korea, thus discouraging people from voting for him, he's well liked so popularity shouldn't be an issue in his case.

On January 20 2011 04:12 s.a.y wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 03:48 hifriend wrote:
Funny how incontrol has like a hundred times more votes than morrow, with hardly any achievements.

I guess we're not really looking to send a talented player with potential and achievements to show for it, but rather a very likeable guy who we'd like to have a beer and some pizza with.


I have to agree. There is no reason to send InControl there, only for EG's publicity i guess.

On the other side, MorroW is still not over with his education, so he might be in Tyler's position, unable or not willing to go to Korea even if invited.


Don't get me wrong, I pretty much just pulled morrow out of the blue. I can think of a whole bunch of other players that hardly get mentioned in this thread yet have performed ridiculously well in tourny after tourny as compared to incontrol.
MacRoManceR
Profile Joined August 2010
United States49 Posts
January 19 2011 19:39 GMT
#2059
I dont know if you guys ever heard of them, but NrGvibe and NrGdde are really good players and they are dominating US scene now a days. dde won last 5 tournament in US. And his mech play is epic. I am sure he will put some color in GSL. vibe is APM kind, never goes below 300apm and hebeat some good players in clan wars against EG. They were down 2-0, vibe and dde saved the day.
hmsrenown
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada1263 Posts
January 19 2011 19:50 GMT
#2060
On January 20 2011 04:24 hifriend wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 04:02 mordk wrote:
On January 20 2011 03:48 hifriend wrote:
Funny how incontrol has like a hundred times more votes than morrow, with hardly any achievements.

I guess we're not really looking to send a talented player with potential and achievements to show for it, but rather a very likeable guy who we'd like to have a beer and some pizza with.


Might be because morrow has stated he doesn't want to go to korea, thus discouraging people from voting for him, he's well liked so popularity shouldn't be an issue in his case.

Show nested quote +
On January 20 2011 04:12 s.a.y wrote:
On January 20 2011 03:48 hifriend wrote:
Funny how incontrol has like a hundred times more votes than morrow, with hardly any achievements.

I guess we're not really looking to send a talented player with potential and achievements to show for it, but rather a very likeable guy who we'd like to have a beer and some pizza with.


I have to agree. There is no reason to send InControl there, only for EG's publicity i guess.

On the other side, MorroW is still not over with his education, so he might be in Tyler's position, unable or not willing to go to Korea even if invited.


Don't get me wrong, I pretty much just pulled morrow out of the blue. I can think of a whole bunch of other players that hardly get mentioned in this thread yet have performed ridiculously well in tourny after tourny as compared to incontrol.

I would go ahead and state that incontrol played well in GSL qualifiers before, and I'm sure he will play through the qualifiers due to his availability.

Now since you are in Sweden and Europe has a completely different scene than North America, it is fair to say that we can both give player names that are good but not known in the other scene.
Prev 1 101 102 103 104 105 110 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 608
ProTech176
UpATreeSC 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16083
Calm 3027
Mini 316
Mind 84
910 69
soO 48
Dota 2
Gorgc5819
canceldota66
monkeys_forever41
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4613
Other Games
fl0m2178
FrodaN890
Beastyqt554
olofmeister535
Liquid`Hasu294
Livibee189
C9.Mang0161
IndyStarCraft 138
QueenE65
ZombieGrub65
BRAT_OK 33
MindelVK6
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 0
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2902
• WagamamaTV383
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur679
• Scarra557
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 3m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 3m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.