• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:58
CEST 04:58
KST 11:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8422 users

Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM - Page 54

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 405 Next
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-26 02:24:04
June 26 2011 02:22 GMT
#1061
I played some ladder games today after a long break I had to take because of a serious accident....

I played toss and my opponent was Terran and as usual I star the game after my worker split by saying "gl hf"

reply was: "fuck off"
I "?"
he "playing against toss is no fun....."
I "ok"
he "so what can I do?"
I "maybe play a game you actually enjoy?""
he ""/("§=&"=/)$&/"%&($"%§&/"%§/"&=)$(/"!)$&)/(!"%§&!($"§%/!"%/&)§=(!"/)§?""

What I really dont get is why people try to search for excuses before the game actually started?!
Ofc I am not as good as any pro toss, but winning against someone on ladder doenst mean anything so why are people so trying to find excuses if they lose. I had several of these guys and if they win the game they keep telling me how much I suck because they won althogh the told me that their race sucks. ?!?!?!

I just dont get it and its confusing me so I thought this would be the right thread to put this :p

I usually dont reply at all when this happens. I always say gl hf and if a reply like this happens, I usually dont peply at all. I always say "gg" at the end though and sometimes people write excuses after the game for flaming me. Thats confusing as well. Maybe they feel bad because they flame me for no reason and I dont replay and still am mannered even if I lose the game....???

I really dont understand this behaviour but in one way it amuses me whoile at the same time it confuses me a lot
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
June 26 2011 02:27 GMT
#1062
On June 26 2011 11:22 Sewi wrote:
I played some ladder games todfay after a long break I had to take because of a serious accident....

I played toss and my opponent was Terran and as usual I star the game after my worker split by saying "gl hf"

reply was: "fuck off"
I "?"
he "playing against toss is no fun....."
I "ok"
he "so what can I do?"
I "maybe play a game you actually enjoy?""
he ""/("§=&"=/)$&/"%&($"%§&/"%§/"&=)$(/"!)$&)/(!"%§&!($"§%/!"%/&)§=(!"/)§?""

What I really dont get is why people try to search for excuses before the game actually started?!
Ofc I am not as good as any pro toss, but winning against someone on ladder doenst mean anything so why are people so trying to find excuses if they lose. I had several of these guys and if they win the game they keep telling me how much I suck because they won althogh the told me that their race sucks. ?!?!?!

I just dont get it and its confusing me so I thought this would be the right thread to put this :p

I usually dont reply at all when this happens. I always say "gg" at the end though and sometimes people write excuses after the game for flaming me. Thats confusing as well. Maybe they feel bad because they flame me for no reason and I dont replay and still am mannered even if I lose the game....???

I really dont understand this behaviour but in one way it amuses me whoile at the same time it confuses me a lot

They are just kids... they are either insecure so they flame on the internet or they think that they are clever trolls which of course they are not. Also they might be trying to get attention. They'll leave the sc communtiy eventually.
OmegaKnetus
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany431 Posts
June 26 2011 20:18 GMT
#1063
So, I decided to derp around on my brothers bronze account:

+ Show Spoiler +


[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

That was the best bm I received in a while :D
Dillinger88
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom6 Posts
June 26 2011 20:25 GMT
#1064
On June 26 2011 11:05 TheAwesomeTemplar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 24 2011 20:41 Dillinger88 wrote:
Yay for being in bronze league! Me (Z) vs GordonRamsay (P), he early expands and I scout it so I quickly tech to roaches to pressure.

He shouts and rages about me 'massing' roaches, all the while I'm teching and expanding to 3 bases. He leaves and then proceeds to flame me for 20 minutes. I think I was nice enough .
*snip*

Replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/6746

It really boosts my ego to stomp a guy so hard they rage. :D


Nice? Really? You told him he was horrible, that you were way better than him, acting like he was stupid, and rubbing in the fact you won.


I didn't mention the abuse he was giving me in the game at the end of the match. He kept telling me I sucked so I said that I outplayed him was all. Out of context it looks like I flipped a little early but there were more messages before hand. That was just what I copied.

My point was, he was saying I sucked and I was trying to tell him that if I sucked, he had to be worse as he lost against me convincingly.
LambtrOn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States671 Posts
June 26 2011 20:30 GMT
#1065
[image loading]
Enwrit
Profile Joined March 2011
United States39 Posts
June 26 2011 22:37 GMT
#1066
Not the kind of TvT I was expecting. He did two proxy rax and won because I dealt with it horribly (bronze). All I managed was to drag it out a bit, but then there was this on top of it.

Me: glhf
Him: !@#& your mother
-few minutes later-
Him: :-P
Him: there's no way you can stop tis
Him: just give up
Him: then uninstall starcraft :-P
-me sending couple of marines to his base-
Him: anyways....
Him: cute
-and failing-
Him: ....almost ;-)
-after he takes out my CC-
Me: congrats
Him: too bad you suck
Me: lol
Him: seriously, do us all a favor
Me: too funny
Him: uninstall this game
"You're playing with Tinker toys. ThorZaIN actually has a dump truck." ~ iNcontroL
Dzerzhinsky
Profile Joined March 2011
Scotland327 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-26 22:37:57
June 26 2011 22:37 GMT
#1067
I've had a lot of bad bm in the past, with people telling me to kill myself, or that they hope my mum/dad/cat/lamp gets cancer, or whatever. All pretty generic and boring stuff. But yesterday was the first time I was genuinely confused by the bm.

So I go to play a custom game, come up against a Protoss, and decide to go for a mass nuke strategy for a bit of fun.

+ Show Spoiler +
The first nukes take out all of his production quite nicely
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
And the surviving ghosts continue their reign for a fair while.
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
He tries to expand, but that's nothing that 4 nukes can't handle.
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
And so he tries again.
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
After 26 nukes (22 of which landed), he decides it is gg... sort of.
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +
The confusing part of this is that he then put me on pre-emptive ignore and proceded to message me for a fairly long time, giving me micro tips on what I should be doing with my Ghosts and units, and how I should be attacking and engaging and building up my army.

Such perils of wisdom were bestowed as 'you should EMP the sentries when you can', despite the fact that he only built one the entire game and never used it. And of course, the profile view shows what one might expect from our Master Terran.
[image loading]

It ws all a rather odd mix of attempted condescension from someone who just got rolled by a late night piss-take strategy. Funny to read though.
"All science would be superfluous if the outward appearance and the essence of things coincided directly."
FluXen
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada210 Posts
June 26 2011 22:40 GMT
#1068
Biggest fear of this thread. Readin the bm and hoping your not in it
"Rise and Rise Again till Lamb become Lion"-Robin Hood
LLuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Austria228 Posts
June 27 2011 09:21 GMT
#1069
I just had a game against a protoss on Taldarim, where I tried to Hatch first - of course I get cannoned and lose.
I leave the game, and afterwards this:
PEKAJI: what a !@#$in retard
PEKAJI has reconnected.
PEKAJI: you have the mmr of a diamond player
176-183
You: okay?
PEKAJI: what a scrub
You: i dont care?^^
PEKAJI: you are so dirty
so disgusting
man
You: yes
PEKAJI: next time leave before
you are just a scrub
You: before what?
PEKAJI: wast my time for just 20 points
yyou have the worst mmr
dont talk to me
disgusting guy
You: you talk to me?
Oo
PEKAJI: shut up
You: awesome
The player is ignoring you.
Tripping off the beat kinda, dripping off the meatgrinder
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 10:31:17
June 27 2011 10:19 GMT
#1070
On June 27 2011 07:37 Dzerzhinsky wrote:
I've had a lot of bad bm in the past, with people telling me to kill myself, or that they hope my mum/dad/cat/lamp gets cancer, or whatever. All pretty generic and boring stuff. But yesterday was the first time I was genuinely confused by the bm.

It ws all a rather odd mix of attempted condescension from someone who just got rolled by a late night piss-take strategy. Funny to read though.


I think that Blizzard should block outgoing chat if you are chatting to someone you ignore. I also sometimes get messaged by someone who set me on ignore before he started. This steals my time.

I also don't understand excuses like "I am playing this race the first time." Does he really expect I don't play to my ability because of that?



On June 24 2011 09:04 Termit wrote:
Am I the only one that is getting the line "FUCKING MMM NOOB LEARN TO PLAY FAGGOT!!!" once a day in TvP?


No, but I got several times BMed from Toss who don't like I have speedlings. I can understand when they curse my speedroaches, but lings? Even better when he tried to cannonrush my expo, which I sacked to all-in with speedlings at his main to kill all his workers. Oh yeah, I am a scrub using lings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
June 27 2011 19:34 GMT
#1071
Just got BMed. I mean It can seem like was being BM by telling the guy to leave but please note he paused after pretending to leave the game I would unpause and he would repause until he used all 3 after pretending to leave the game

[image loading]
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
CPTBadAss
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States594 Posts
June 28 2011 00:42 GMT
#1072
I'm laddering and this is the 1st match. It lasts 9 seconds.
[image loading]

So I figure I'll just take the free win and hit Find Match again. Guess who I find? This game lasts 10 seconds.
[image loading]

Dude's scared of my name or I'm a notorious cheeser and don't even know about it.
I'll keep on struggling, 'cause that's the measure of a man | "That was the plan: To give him some hope, and then crush him" -Stephano
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-06 06:54:59
June 28 2011 01:00 GMT
#1073
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 28 2011 01:04 GMT
#1074
On June 28 2011 09:42 CPTBadAss wrote:
I'm laddering and this is the 1st match. It lasts 9 seconds.
[image loading]

So I figure I'll just take the free win and hit Find Match again. Guess who I find? This game lasts 10 seconds.
[image loading]

Dude's scared of my name or I'm a notorious cheeser and don't even know about it.

LOL
This reminds me of a guy who rage quitted 2:30 into the game.
He scouted with his drone and did worker harrassment while blocking me from walling. I cleverly make another rax instead of a depot because his drone was in a spot that would block a supply depot from completing a wall but not a barracks.
As soon as the second rax starts, he leaves the game and insta-blocks me.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
June 28 2011 01:34 GMT
#1075
My first ever received confusing BM in a match:

[image loading]

So me and my flatmate have been 2v2'ing a lot lately, and we're only in bronze and preeeetty shit at the game, but we know it so lulz are had from there. After no chat for 15mins of the game, Nickotine comes out with some fun BM.

To be fair, at the very least he was indeed messing around, but to what end I have no idea. He made like 10-15 infestors, but never maxed on them. Had like 51 overlords at some point of the game and mainly attacked with infested terrans. He was masters in all leagues, and me and my mate know he wasn't playing seriously, but BM against bronze league from master league? Nice guy all in all.

"Lol THINK CHANCE?" has become our new catchcry into battle...whatever it means.

P.S. We got into silver thanks to his messing around =D
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
June 28 2011 02:07 GMT
#1076
TvT on Backwater. Guy contains me pretty hard, and I end up pushing out and killing it.

[image loading]
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
ApocAlypsE007
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Israel1007 Posts
June 28 2011 11:55 GMT
#1077
Yesterday I played ladder PvP. I went Adelscott's late gas while my opponent went 4gate. It started well enough:
[image loading]

After I fucked up my initial zealot push he went on to 4gate me. I held that and he went for blink while I went for Colossus tech. In the end I barely won in a base trade and he apperantely had a very bad day:
[image loading]
indeed he ended up being here after asking a rematch and running away when i agree :X
I'm playing the game, the one that will take me to my end, i'm waiting for the rain, TO WASH-- WHO I AM!!!
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 05:09:37
June 29 2011 08:30 GMT
#1078
Custom Xel'Naga Caverns, scout a 6pool and just leave the game instead of wasting my time.

Then:

[image loading]
Tetragon
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada46 Posts
June 29 2011 17:39 GMT
#1079
Played some 2v2s with my friend, we were both zerg and were dominating a terran protoss team in a 30 mintue game. This is what one said:
[image loading]
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=spectrum
Bubulucu
Profile Joined August 2010
Romania5 Posts
June 29 2011 19:26 GMT
#1080
Was playing a normal ZvT, when: after my opponent failed a push with some marines+ helions, he BM'ed me.
[image loading]
Prev 1 52 53 54 55 56 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 532
NaDa 53
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 738
WinterStarcraft333
Mew2King97
ViBE89
ArmadaUGS43
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1374
BasetradeTV275
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream162
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush648
• Lourlo425
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 3m
INu's Battles
9h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 3m
Replay Cast
20h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.