• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:39
CEST 21:39
KST 04:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8726 users

Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM - Page 107

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 405 Next
chipman
Profile Joined February 2011
United States139 Posts
November 23 2011 15:54 GMT
#2121
Last weekend and this week I've had a lot more free time than usual, so I was able to hit up the latter for maybe 50 games or so, and nearly every other person I played was good mannered, or bad mannered.

There are so many people with a negative, low self-esteem/low self-respect mentality that play the game it's incredible. If we have the "most mature community" when it comes to the public eye we must have two entirely different personae for players on and off "the record" because even in any fps game you play, despite the obvious trash talk that goes on, the vast majority of people don't even speak out.

Nearly everyone was willing to respond or opt in with good luck, have fun, but half or less than half of the players thought the games were good (namely because they lost). All I said in games was "gl hf" and I had players taking out their insecurities on me "GET OUT, LEAVE, UR BAD, INSULTS". If I responded at all to negativity, I might say "cool" or "ok", and I always gg'd, even if I was frustrated with my play or the other guy was being a complete d-bag. I had maybe 15 people whisper me after the games were over (and after throwing me on ignore JUST IN CASE I were to say something mean back to them) with their life story/excuse, insults, personal attacks, whining and spamming and the thing is I did absolutely nothing to provoke these people at all, in fact all I ever really did was wish them good luck, to have fun, accepted whatever they had to say, and called it a good game. I don't even "cheese" 9/10ths of my games so forget that too.

Maybe half the players, or more, approach competitive play with the attitude "Either I win or my opponent cheated" because they couldn't possibly increase their ability to play the game or react to a scenario or make better judgement calls and be outplayed or have killed themselves. Even when they are smart enough to direct their focus at themselves and their own play, players often don't use that negative energy in a positive light to improve and in fact wallow in self-pity, so they end up just being bitter when you encounter them and carry on a demeanor they otherwise wouldn't have had if they weren't so down and negative.

Even people we hear are extremely manner, or on television have this loveable, can't do wrong personality will start to run their mouths when they put their egos on their sleeves and don't think people are watching.

I don't believe we can say that starcraft 2 has the most mature community out there, because from what I've seen, not even having provoked players at any level of play, we still have our crop of trolls, of spammers, of mean angry people who are bitter about life.

With that said, it's just one part of a bigger story. There are a lot of people who are positive, friendly, and good for the community, just not enough in my mind that we can refer our community being mature as a fact because it's a different story off the record when players don't feel they're being watched on say the ladder for example.
Doesn't Afraid of Anything
MikeT
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada35 Posts
November 23 2011 19:31 GMT
#2122
Most people I find pretty good, and this is playing high platinum lately, though there is more BM at this level than at high diamond (I was high diamond two seasons ago, and got into other games for a while, so I got wwaaay out of practice)

Let me assure you, SC2 on a whole from my experience has a fairly good mannered player base. Try playing League of Legends for a few months and it's a WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD.

My most memorable BM is as follows:

ZvT, close position Metalopolis

My opponent goes Maurader - Hellion all - in, keeps doing a ton of damage but I manage to recover enough to get a little further ahead each wave. I hold it off with speedlings until I get infestors out, wipe out his last wave, and then he's mined out. I scout him moving all his SCVs down to his nat. I burrow two infestors, move them down behind his mineral line, pop them out and drop 4 staggered fungals and kill all his SCVs. His response?

"lol fag"

Needless to say it was pretty satisfying.
sN-Baloo
Profile Joined November 2010
France19 Posts
November 23 2011 19:52 GMT
#2123
I use to save the best sentences of the haters I play on the EU ladder in a .txt. Here are some cools quotes :

" Fucking asshole commit suicide stupid punk " Bullerplk

" Nice hacker " Ace

" Learn to play motherfucker fuck your family " Kelevra

" fuck off asscunt asshole die in hell fucking retard fuck of shit retarded fuckface die inhell and on cancer u deserve it " DangerMouse

" fucking 1 base nigger " Love

" ok you played like so bad sor etarded you are the worst player so fucking disgusting with that nick that's so fucking shame oh man fucking scrub never talk to me, you play a lot but you're still a shit now keep stacking with scrubs like you you will never be good " Lysali

Hopefully some of them will even read it !
DKR
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom622 Posts
November 25 2011 03:04 GMT
#2124
Beat a fella, I always send a gg after the game to show respect if they quit before I can say it and I got this:
[image loading]
"1 base. Cheese man." - MKP. "[MVP] is not stylistic, his style is winning, which is the style you want to have." - Artosis
MVega
Profile Joined November 2010
763 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 05:58:43
November 25 2011 05:58 GMT
#2125
I looked away from my army for a couple seconds. I heard that they were in combat so I pressed space to focus on my army. Didn't see anything going on so I figured that maybe a couple zerglings ran into my marine/marauder ball. And then ....

[image loading]

O.o After watching the replay it seems that he flew his gaggle of mutalisks directly over my marines, they died pretty much instantly, and he blamed stim I guess.
bumkin: How can you play like 50 games per day... I 4gate 2 times then it's nap time
CuSToM
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1478 Posts
November 25 2011 06:12 GMT
#2126
On November 25 2011 12:04 DKR wrote:
Beat a fella, I always send a gg after the game to show respect if they quit before I can say it and I got this:
[image loading]


Most people definitely take a post game gg from the winner as a sign of disrespect.

Team SCV Life #1
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
November 25 2011 06:16 GMT
#2127
On November 25 2011 15:12 CuSToM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 12:04 DKR wrote:
Beat a fella, I always send a gg after the game to show respect if they quit before I can say it and I got this:
[image loading]


Most people definitely take a post game gg from the winner as a sign of disrespect.


I agree, that's unbelievably annoying. I gg to respect you, but I quit quickly because I'm pissed I just lost.
Liquid | SKT
justinpal
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3810 Posts
November 25 2011 06:21 GMT
#2128
On November 25 2011 15:16 DamageControL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 15:12 CuSToM wrote:
On November 25 2011 12:04 DKR wrote:
Beat a fella, I always send a gg after the game to show respect if they quit before I can say it and I got this:
[image loading]


Most people definitely take a post game gg from the winner as a sign of disrespect.


I agree, that's unbelievably annoying. I gg to respect you, but I quit quickly because I'm pissed I just lost.


Yep. I just have my chat disabled for this reason.
Never make a hydralisk.
L4hlborg
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-25 06:40:39
November 25 2011 06:35 GMT
#2129
Here are two good ones:
Zerg after a pvz:

"I HOPE YOUR PARENTS EAT EACH OTHER!"
this player is ignoring you

After some terran did a 1 1 1 and I defended (I'll just spoiler since this is straight copy pasted wall of rage):
+ Show Spoiler +

VaSkavi: noob
VaSkavi has reconnected.
VaSkavi: go learn too play
so easy for me
noob
You: lol wut?
The player is ignoring you.
VaSkavi: so eas
EASYU
EASY
noob
thx for u nooby
i no match u when u want
easy
noob
XD
noob
noob
XD
VaSkavi has disconnected.


phatz
Profile Joined November 2011
Norway17 Posts
November 25 2011 19:31 GMT
#2130
[image loading]
susiederkins
Profile Joined March 2011
United States87 Posts
November 26 2011 06:26 GMT
#2131
So I've gotten more bm in the last 2 days than I've seen in like my first 3 seasons, kinda weird.


Today I queue up for a game, get a ZvP on shattered. I go 14p, he goes nexus first, so I decide to have fun with a proxy hatch. He tosses down 2 cannons next to it but I decide to let it finish, figuring I'd lose the hatch but I'd still use the larvae to get 3 or 4 roaches out and away from the cannons to harass for a while. Instead he targets the larvae down with cannons, something I'd never had happen before, which I thought was cool.

[image loading]

[image loading]

Game goes on, he does a strong 3 base blink stalker/ht attack into my ling/festor with my 4th base not really established, I lose, gg.

[image loading]


Move on to the next game, get the same guy on shattered again. Immediately, this follows:

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

And as he goes nexus first again in this game, this time I just decide to kill it with roach/ling pressure.

[image loading]

[image loading]


Just confuses me, I was nice (aside from the very minor bm in game 2, obv), why be bm right off the bat with no provocation?

I have other random ones from the last 2 days, but they are neither awesome nor confusing.
Sokalo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States375 Posts
November 27 2011 00:35 GMT
#2132
On November 25 2011 15:21 justinpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 15:16 DamageControL wrote:
On November 25 2011 15:12 CuSToM wrote:
On November 25 2011 12:04 DKR wrote:
Beat a fella, I always send a gg after the game to show respect if they quit before I can say it and I got this:
[image loading]


Most people definitely take a post game gg from the winner as a sign of disrespect.


I agree, that's unbelievably annoying. I gg to respect you, but I quit quickly because I'm pissed I just lost.


Yep. I just have my chat disabled for this reason.

Getting PMed a gg from the winner is going to be taken as kind of rude by most people even if well intended. Some people will hang around a bit to let you get a gg in, but I wouldn't go searching them out after the game.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it."
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 00:38:55
November 27 2011 00:38 GMT
#2133
if someone doesnt gg how could you imagine that messaging them "gg" after the game is anything but flamebait
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
November 27 2011 01:35 GMT
#2134
On November 23 2011 22:51 Simonius wrote:
This guy is a boss. He connects BM with socio-cultural hygiene and doesn't afraid of giving good advises like strenghening modern society by commiting suicide because of all-inning in a game.
This guy is clearly on top of modern social research. If all cheesers just kill themselves all problems in the world will be solved.

[image loading][image loading] [image loading] [image loading]

You actually think ladder is about winning? I feel sorry for you.
Siegemake
Profile Joined November 2011
Finland1 Post
November 27 2011 10:27 GMT
#2135
I've a few of these

+ Show Spoiler +


So this guy goes for 1base Void Ray all-in and then loses, this is what happens

[image loading]

[image loading]



+ Show Spoiler +


Standard TvZ marine-tank play on Metalopolis

[image loading]



+ Show Spoiler +


Did a iEchoic build on Metalopolis close-by-air positions

[image loading]



+ Show Spoiler +


I've no idea about this :D

[image loading]

Ingwaz
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden70 Posts
November 27 2011 10:50 GMT
#2136
TvZ on Taldarim. I derped around and only built marine&medivacs and upgrades. I admit I fueled his hate towards Terran a bit, sorry
00:00:20 - Ingwaz to ALL: glhf
00:07:09 - exhya to ALL: omg
00:07:15 - exhya to ALL: my baneling nest OMG OMG
00:07:18 - exhya to ALL: you r so lucky
00:07:20 - exhya to ALL: seriously
00:07:22 - exhya to ALL: thats pathetic
00:07:24 - Ingwaz to ALL: no
00:07:26 - Ingwaz to ALL: im terran
00:07:27 - exhya to ALL: ys
00:07:29 - exhya to ALL: you r lucky
00:07:32 - exhya to ALL:
00:07:34 - exhya to ALL: a push like this
00:07:38 - exhya to ALL: shouldn't win you the game
00:07:42 - exhya to ALL: this isn't good at all
00:07:48 - Ingwaz to ALL: im terran
00:07:49 - exhya to ALL: i was suply block 5 second
00:07:54 - exhya to ALL: and oyu win
00:07:57 - Ingwaz to ALL: im terran
00:08:01 - exhya to ALL: all this beacuase of this stupid bad map
00:08:03 - exhya to ALL: YES
00:08:04 - exhya to ALL: YOU R
00:08:05 - exhya to ALL: TERRAN
00:08:06 - exhya to ALL: FUCKER
00:08:06 - Ingwaz to ALL: im terran
00:08:07 - exhya to ALL: I GOT IT
00:08:08 - exhya to ALL: STUPID NOOB
00:08:11 - exhya to ALL: damùn you r so bad
00:08:12 - Ingwaz to ALL: i build marines
00:08:18 - exhya to ALL: win the game with this shity push so bad
Omnibus locis fit caedes
x2fst
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
1272 Posts
November 27 2011 11:01 GMT
#2137
disappointed that none of my bm has made it itt, gonna have to step my troll game up
muda, is a crime for me to wear a shirt, cos I is so good lookin
Serotonin1
Profile Joined October 2011
United States225 Posts
November 27 2011 11:28 GMT
#2138
On November 27 2011 20:01 x2fst wrote:
disappointed that none of my bm has made it itt, gonna have to step my troll game up


trolling =! bm
CmdrDashy
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia62 Posts
November 27 2011 12:05 GMT
#2139
On November 25 2011 15:21 justinpal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2011 15:16 DamageControL wrote:
On November 25 2011 15:12 CuSToM wrote:
On November 25 2011 12:04 DKR wrote:
Beat a fella, I always send a gg after the game to show respect if they quit before I can say it and I got this:
[image loading]


Most people definitely take a post game gg from the winner as a sign of disrespect.


I agree, that's unbelievably annoying. I gg to respect you, but I quit quickly because I'm pissed I just lost.


Yep. I just have my chat disabled for this reason.



It is also really annoying when people have their chat disabled so i can't reply to their bm. At least let me reply with something equally witty
piemo18
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy68 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-27 12:38:26
November 27 2011 12:37 GMT
#2140
On November 23 2011 22:51 Simonius wrote:
This guy is a boss. He connects BM with socio-cultural hygiene and doesn't afraid of giving good advises like strenghening modern society by commiting suicide because of all-inning in a game.
This guy is clearly on top of modern social research. If all cheesers just kill themselves all problems in the world will be solved.

[image loading][image loading] [image loading] [image loading]


actually you're in the wrong lol. your bm is pretty sad. grow up
Professional asder
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#66
TKL 1849
RotterdaM1003
TaKeTV 400
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC182
ZombieGrub93
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1849
RotterdaM 1003
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC 182
MaxPax 168
RuFF_SC2 144
ZombieGrub93
UpATreeSC 71
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2729
Shuttle 512
Dewaltoss 124
910 71
Mind 63
Bale 17
Counter-Strike
fl0m4039
pashabiceps1513
Fnx 669
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
Liquid`Hasu626
Other Games
Beastyqt833
mouzStarbuck433
shahzam220
ToD181
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 178
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 22
• 80smullet 15
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade381
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 22m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 22m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.