• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:32
CEST 00:32
KST 07:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8107 users

Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM - Page 102

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 405 Next
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
November 05 2011 18:21 GMT
#2021
On November 06 2011 03:13 Spender wrote:
First game of the day, PvZ on metalopolis. It started innocent but my zergy opponent raged pretty hard after a couple of failed attempts at shoving speedlings in my face despite my simcity and a ton of sentries. He made no attempt to expand past his natural, he just kept throwing speedlings at my wall and forcefields.
Each screenshot from the bottom up. It's a lengthy one, at lest in my experience.
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

I still can't comprehend how people can be so overwhelmingly pissed after losing a game. That guy was joking around in the beginning of the game, so he can't be one of those guys that's just an ass all the time. And he then goes on to write a page-long text on how he'd like to kill you because he lost. Seriously, what the hell's wrong with people.
wrekkless
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada87 Posts
November 05 2011 18:21 GMT
#2022
You know, I'm a little apalled and amused by the amount of BM players that resort to "go kill yourself" in their BM-ness.
Knowledge is power, so use that Observer!
Avan
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil121 Posts
November 06 2011 02:31 GMT
#2023
Hello, Liquideers :DD

So, we all have faced some BM on our oh-so-dear ladder, right? But sometimes our opponents get a little too upset or a little too weird, don't they?

This friend of mine just sent me two replays of his (he is still top gold, but the guy is improving fast) where very weird things happened. I decided to upload them and share them with the TL community to see what you guys have to say about such things and, why not?, share your own share of weird ladder stuff.

Here:

http://sc2rep.com/replays/(P)CoSTeMpLaR_vs_(P)TheProfessor/15427

http://sc2rep.com/replays/(T)FlareStar_vs_(P)TheProfessor/15428


If you guys don't want to watch them, here's a little spoiler:



+ Show Spoiler +


So, since I've been facing the same stuff on the ladder (I'm still mid-diamond), I am beginning to think it's not a league problem. It appears to me that people are losing interest in the game and playing for the lulz, for the troll, or for the whatever. What do you guys think? Is this a major problem?

Thank you very much :D

(Needed to post here. I'm sorry mod >.>)
"I have never tasted Death, Zeratul. Nor shall I". Liquid'HerO FIGHTING!
Servius_Fulvius
Profile Joined August 2009
United States947 Posts
November 06 2011 06:38 GMT
#2024
On November 06 2011 11:31 Avan wrote:
It appears to me that people are losing interest in the game and playing for the lulz, for the troll, or for the whatever. What do you guys think? Is this a major problem?


Yeah, but that's to be expected. Some people enjoy the competition associated with the game, some enjoy the improvement and the rewards of pushing yourself, others enjoy stomping people to the ground. I can't tell you the number of times I faced a smurf on iccup and fell victim to some ridiculous play by someone far superior in rank to me. I know of several people personally who rank themselves down on purpose just to win easier and bm the whole time.
Servius_Fulvius
Profile Joined August 2009
United States947 Posts
November 06 2011 06:45 GMT
#2025
A new round of bm for ya'll:

Shakuras Plateau. ZvP. After winning the major battle near my base I received this little surprise:

[image loading]

Admittedly, I AM pretty bad. I'm mid-plat, just got off a 15/45 streak, and I can't win a zvz to save my life. I especially need to learn how to inject a lot better because my 16-18 second gap average isn't going to carry me into diamond! But let's stop talking generally and focus on this game. Did I play bad?

Well, for starters I took out the scouting probe. That may have been bad. It wasted some mining time. My opponent was equally unimpressed:

[image loading]

But then my gaming sense tingles and I suspect a 6 gate. I'd say it's pretty good I scouted it and denied the pylon:

[image loading]

I didn't get attacked for a while and saw a third base ins the pocket expand with a whole ton of zealots and sentries camping the xelnaga tower. I thought it was pretty smart to run around it and take out the main nexus and ten probes:

[image loading]

I may suck in general, but I think I played this game pretty well :D

Alokiya
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States648 Posts
November 06 2011 07:35 GMT
#2026
So I load into a TvT on Xel'naga, pretty excited because I like tanks and mech units. The following happened (I'm moonfish):

[image loading]

My opponent goes for a hard one base contain on me, catching me off guard and putting me way behind. After I break out, the following gems happen:

[image loading]

I probably didn't need the stop crying, but lately every TvT I get, no matter how I play, I'm playing like an asshole who's clueless and bad, according to my opponents. The funny part was "people like you ruin this game" which I presume he meant mech players, but he went mech as well, just better than me.
C'mon my guppies, swim up my stream! - Day[9]
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-06 20:17:08
November 06 2011 20:15 GMT
#2027
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


zerg tears
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
PenguinWithNuke
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
250 Posts
November 06 2011 20:20 GMT
#2028
On November 05 2011 22:42 -LazySCV- wrote:
Go ahread, justify publicly posting arguments with angry gamers. They aren't angry at you, they are angry at themselves for letting you win, and also at Blizzard for making this game buggy joke. I get pissed off at people, becaues people are bio-trash. Literally, human beings think they are so great but they are the lowest life form on planet earth.


Aren't you a human too?
Latedi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Sweden1027 Posts
November 06 2011 20:42 GMT
#2029
On November 07 2011 05:20 PenguinWithNuke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 05 2011 22:42 -LazySCV- wrote:
Go ahread, justify publicly posting arguments with angry gamers. They aren't angry at you, they are angry at themselves for letting you win, and also at Blizzard for making this game buggy joke. I get pissed off at people, becaues people are bio-trash. Literally, human beings think they are so great but they are the lowest life form on planet earth.


Aren't you a human too?


Self resentment
I am Latedi.
envisioN .
Profile Joined February 2011
United States552 Posts
November 06 2011 20:50 GMT
#2030
On November 06 2011 16:35 Alokiya wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
So I load into a TvT on Xel'naga, pretty excited because I like tanks and mech units. The following happened (I'm moonfish):

[image loading]

My opponent goes for a hard one base contain on me, catching me off guard and putting me way behind. After I break out, the following gems happen:

[image loading]

I probably didn't need the stop crying, but lately every TvT I get, no matter how I play, I'm playing like an asshole who's clueless and bad, according to my opponents. The funny part was "people like you ruin this game" which I presume he meant mech players, but he went mech as well, just better than me.

I experience this kind of BM all the time. I definitely agree that the 2 hour stalemates on maps that only have one major attack path (*cough* shakuras *cough*) are extremely tedious, but they only have to be that way if both players decide to not drop, go for nukes, OR go for air control into Banshees, Ravens, BCs. TvT mid-game is boring but TvT late game makes me feel like a sick nerd baller.
"Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works" -Martin Luther ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SpiZe
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada3640 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-06 20:57:32
November 06 2011 20:56 GMT
#2031
On November 06 2011 03:21 GrungyMunchy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2011 03:13 Spender wrote:
First game of the day, PvZ on metalopolis. It started innocent but my zergy opponent raged pretty hard after a couple of failed attempts at shoving speedlings in my face despite my simcity and a ton of sentries. He made no attempt to expand past his natural, he just kept throwing speedlings at my wall and forcefields.
Each screenshot from the bottom up. It's a lengthy one, at lest in my experience.
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

I still can't comprehend how people can be so overwhelmingly pissed after losing a game. That guy was joking around in the beginning of the game, so he can't be one of those guys that's just an ass all the time. And he then goes on to write a page-long text on how he'd like to kill you because he lost. Seriously, what the hell's wrong with people.


Oh no, he is indeed one of those guys are are just ass all the time. It's Zelthcon man, allegated hacker with bm throwed in from times to time
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
November 06 2011 20:58 GMT
#2032
After playing DotA 2 for 3 hours, this thread looks like the Teletubbies in wonderland.
The legend of Darien lives on
Alokiya
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States648 Posts
November 06 2011 21:00 GMT
#2033
On November 07 2011 05:50 envisioN . wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 06 2011 16:35 Alokiya wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
So I load into a TvT on Xel'naga, pretty excited because I like tanks and mech units. The following happened (I'm moonfish):

[image loading]

My opponent goes for a hard one base contain on me, catching me off guard and putting me way behind. After I break out, the following gems happen:

[image loading]

I probably didn't need the stop crying, but lately every TvT I get, no matter how I play, I'm playing like an asshole who's clueless and bad, according to my opponents. The funny part was "people like you ruin this game" which I presume he meant mech players, but he went mech as well, just better than me.

I experience this kind of BM all the time. I definitely agree that the 2 hour stalemates on maps that only have one major attack path (*cough* shakuras *cough*) are extremely tedious, but they only have to be that way if both players decide to not drop, go for nukes, OR go for air control into Banshees, Ravens, BCs. TvT mid-game is boring but TvT late game makes me feel like a sick nerd baller.



Late game TvT is probably my favorite part of any matchup, because my inner 12 year old likes big things that go boom, and thors, BCs and ghosts all make things go boom. Plus, it's the only time floating money, a skill I've mastered, isn't bad :p
C'mon my guppies, swim up my stream! - Day[9]
Avan
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil121 Posts
November 06 2011 21:18 GMT
#2034
On November 07 2011 05:42 Latedi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 07 2011 05:20 PenguinWithNuke wrote:
On November 05 2011 22:42 -LazySCV- wrote:
Go ahread, justify publicly posting arguments with angry gamers. They aren't angry at you, they are angry at themselves for letting you win, and also at Blizzard for making this game buggy joke. I get pissed off at people, becaues people are bio-trash. Literally, human beings think they are so great but they are the lowest life form on planet earth.


Aren't you a human too?


Self resentment


I think he thinks he is a Protoss?
"I have never tasted Death, Zeratul. Nor shall I". Liquid'HerO FIGHTING!
slam
Profile Joined May 2010
United States923 Posts
November 07 2011 03:36 GMT
#2035
[image loading]

Hit this today lol.
I get it.
FallDownMarigold
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3710 Posts
November 07 2011 03:43 GMT
#2036
^With all that bank he's probably right...
marcelluspye
Profile Joined August 2011
United States155 Posts
November 07 2011 03:46 GMT
#2037
On November 07 2011 05:58 mr_tolkien wrote:
After playing DotA 2 for 3 hours, this thread looks like the Teletubbies in wonderland.


Ever play league of legends? it's like XBox live or Garry's mod multiplayer servers, but with text instead of high pitched voices.
Krede
Profile Joined December 2010
Denmark139 Posts
November 07 2011 10:57 GMT
#2038
On November 06 2011 15:45 Servius_Fulvius wrote:
A new round of bm for ya'll:

Shakuras Plateau. ZvP. After winning the major battle near my base I received this little surprise:

[image loading]

Admittedly, I AM pretty bad. I'm mid-plat, just got off a 15/45 streak, and I can't win a zvz to save my life. I especially need to learn how to inject a lot better because my 16-18 second gap average isn't going to carry me into diamond! But let's stop talking generally and focus on this game. Did I play bad?

Well, for starters I took out the scouting probe. That may have been bad. It wasted some mining time. My opponent was equally unimpressed:

[image loading]

But then my gaming sense tingles and I suspect a 6 gate. I'd say it's pretty good I scouted it and denied the pylon:

[image loading]

I didn't get attacked for a while and saw a third base ins the pocket expand with a whole ton of zealots and sentries camping the xelnaga tower. I thought it was pretty smart to run around it and take out the main nexus and ten probes:

[image loading]

I may suck in general, but I think I played this game pretty well :D



Thank you for an awesome read. Really well done post.
Here's the thing about bowling: There's not enough maps. There's two maps on bowling. Bumper Map and Dust_2
WarChimp
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia943 Posts
November 07 2011 11:18 GMT
#2039
Really love all the raging that is going on in this thread. Brilliant.

On a more related note; people don't rage at me because I don't play gayly enough to be raged at.
lollyz
Profile Joined April 2011
218 Posts
November 07 2011 12:24 GMT
#2040
Lot of kids on this thread.

User was temp banned for this post.
Prev 1 100 101 102 103 104 405 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 181
Nina 121
SteadfastSC 66
CosmosSc2 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 456
910 59
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift778
Super Smash Bros
PPMD66
Other Games
summit1g8947
Grubby2851
shahzam540
C9.Mang0233
PiGStarcraft221
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken12
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• musti20045 48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21253
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
28m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 28m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 28m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.