• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:14
CEST 00:14
KST 07:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8346 users

[Interview] Linda "Pikachu" Liao - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
rally_point
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada458 Posts
November 09 2010 21:29 GMT
#41
I really hope she keeps playing and does well
t3tsubo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada682 Posts
November 09 2010 21:31 GMT
#42
On November 10 2010 06:22 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 06:18 simme123 wrote:
To be honest I just don't see what's so remarkable she's a girl and she plays starcraft .. what am I missing here?



I have to side with this overall sentiment. Not to mention those interview answers were asinine. Most of the time they either lacked any real answer, gave a joke answer or just said something was cute.


its significant because its a celebrity. It's like what if you found out angelina jolie played starcraft 2, and she was good enough to win a international female tournament in addition to all her other work.
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-09 21:42:53
November 09 2010 21:41 GMT
#43
On November 10 2010 06:28 Brusko651 wrote:
This interview is kind of sexist.
They would never ask a male progamer if Zerg are cute or disgusting in his opinion lol.

Thats a great point, I wish they would field questions like this to male players more often.

Really though I am not being sarcastic, so many of the tournament questions are so repetitive that everyone asks them. I like questions that they have to think about. I mean how many times do we need to hear, "I will try harder for my fans, I hope I can take 1st next time"

Throw them off balance and ask some crazy questions.
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
November 09 2010 21:42 GMT
#44
Is that a... mac?
Avaclon
Profile Joined May 2010
United States80 Posts
November 09 2010 21:42 GMT
#45
On November 10 2010 06:15 crazeman wrote:
Thanks for the translation OP. Here's more on Pikachu, he thread actually got featured/mentioned in a taiwanese news report on Linda and theres a few translated interviews there as well for those interested.

[slightly NSFW]
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=153814

That's pretty cool though, she knows TLO/Huk and the other progamers. Avaclon, you mentioned that the Chinese/Taiwanese eSports scene is on the "verge of exploding". Is SC2 really getting that popular over there?


Not SC2, but eSports in general (other games such as DOTA or CS). There's a bunch of tournaments being setup here and there. There's recently been a Champion of China league SC2 cup that was pretty decent that I haven't found any mention on TL. Loner, Linda's achievement made the news (on different side of the isle), especially since Loner walked away 2nd place in Blizzcon. Both Linda and Sen are consider "Pride of Taiwan". I wouldn't say GSL or even MLG level, but the fact it IS happening is pretty significant.

SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-09 21:49:19
November 09 2010 21:42 GMT
#46
the Chinese/Taiwanese eSports community is on the verge of exploding...


i know this isn't part of the interview(that was btw freaking awesome) but is this true? caus that would be huge if China/Taiwan scene would get huge

edit: missed the post above me, FML
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Roe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada6002 Posts
November 09 2010 21:46 GMT
#47
why is there a "female cup"?
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
November 09 2010 21:46 GMT
#48
On November 10 2010 05:57 baller wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q: Why did you pick the ID 'Pikachu'?

A: I've used this ID since Starcraft 1, so in Starcraft 2, I registered with it. Forget why I choose Pikachu initially....

i can help, for every1 wondering, she probably chose this ID bc "pikachu" is a famous pokemon from the video game and tv show pokemon


Sounds reasonable...hmm
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
Ayush_SCtoss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
India3051 Posts
November 09 2010 21:47 GMT
#49
I hope she stays as Protoss...my heart would break if she switched to Terran.
End my suffering
SichuanPanda
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada1542 Posts
November 09 2010 21:48 GMT
#50
Almost 100% sure I played against her when she was making the climb to top Diamond. If not I faced someone else named Pikachu on NA/SEA server (SEA being combined with NA now) who was quite good. Also it is a very good sign for e-sports that female gamers are showing interest as well.
i-bonjwa
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
November 09 2010 21:48 GMT
#51
On November 10 2010 05:46 Avaclon wrote:
Q: Do you dislike a particular race? (Terran/Zerg)? Which units do you feel most satisfied when destroying it?

A: I like all the races. As long as the opponent say "gg" I'm satisified.


This is a bamf quote.
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
Krigwin
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
1130 Posts
November 09 2010 21:50 GMT
#52
On November 10 2010 06:31 t3tsubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 06:22 Tenks wrote:
On November 10 2010 06:18 simme123 wrote:
To be honest I just don't see what's so remarkable she's a girl and she plays starcraft .. what am I missing here?

I have to side with this overall sentiment. Not to mention those interview answers were asinine. Most of the time they either lacked any real answer, gave a joke answer or just said something was cute.

its significant because its a celebrity. It's like what if you found out angelina jolie played starcraft 2, and she was good enough to win a international female tournament in addition to all her other work

Taken out of context I totally agree with what those guys are saying, since this is a Taiwanese celebrity that I had to wikipeda to find out what the big fuss is about since I had never heard of her before.

Turns out she's like the Olivia Wilde of Taiwan or something.
GhoSt[shield]
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2131 Posts
November 09 2010 21:51 GMT
#53
While it is cool to see female gamers that are skilled and have the passion for the RTS,
She is gaming on a Mac...
Lennon
Profile Joined February 2010
United Kingdom2275 Posts
November 09 2010 21:53 GMT
#54
I'm going to take a deep breath and prepare myself for a tsunami of Pikachu fanboys.
Good luck to her though. Although, we've been here before.
LittLeD
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden7973 Posts
November 09 2010 21:55 GMT
#55
On November 10 2010 06:46 Roe wrote:
why is there a "female cup"?


Why not? There's nothing negative about it.
☆Grubby ☆| Tod|DeMusliM|ThorZaiN|SaSe|Moon|Mana| ☆HerO ☆
mowglie
Profile Joined August 2010
United States74 Posts
November 09 2010 22:00 GMT
#56
Time for an official Fan club thread!
Fumi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
529 Posts
November 09 2010 22:00 GMT
#57
So I guess Kwanro lost his nickname?

Also, I hope she keeps doing well as toss. We need more toss champions. Pikachu hwaiting!
Flash, Stats, Reach, Tossgirl <> Boxer, Nestea, MC, Foxer fangirl | http://osu.ppy.sh/u/181432
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
November 09 2010 22:02 GMT
#58
New Tossgirl?

Hurray for asian girls playing Starcraft.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-09 22:03:59
November 09 2010 22:02 GMT
#59
Met her in real life in Taipei (room 18). She's cool. And hot.

I had no idea she played starcraft though.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
Fraidnot
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States824 Posts
November 09 2010 22:03 GMT
#60
It is a male dominated world, at least for competitive starcraft. So any lady who's tough enough to roll with it is a hero in my book.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
SpeCial 101
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 377
MaD[AoV]26
910 23
Bale 11
League of Legends
JimRising 496
Counter-Strike
fl0m4440
Fnx 613
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox469
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4210
Other Games
summit1g6844
FrodaN650
C9.Mang0261
Trikslyr17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV254
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21424
Other Games
• imaqtpie798
• Shiphtur567
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 46m
Patches Events
17h 46m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.