• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:11
CEST 12:11
KST 19:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7197 users

[Interview] Linda "Pikachu" Liao - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
MurdeR
Profile Joined May 2004
Argentina89 Posts
November 10 2010 20:28 GMT
#241
she is hot.

User was temp banned for this post.
Comunidad Argentina de SC2: www.latingamers.net
Khaymus
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States750 Posts
November 10 2010 20:33 GMT
#242
On November 10 2010 05:57 baller wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q: Why did you pick the ID 'Pikachu'?

A: I've used this ID since Starcraft 1, so in Starcraft 2, I registered with it. Forget why I choose Pikachu initially....

i can help, for every1 wondering, she probably chose this ID bc "pikachu" is a famous pokemon from the video game and tv show pokemon


This made me laugh so hard. Good work lol!
Let them say we lived in the time of Boxer, Emperor of Terran. Let them say we lived in the time of Nal_rA, Dreamer of Protoss. Let them say we lived in the time of Savior, Master of the Zerg.
Drowsy
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United States4876 Posts
November 10 2010 21:12 GMT
#243
On November 11 2010 05:01 Krigwin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2010 04:50 Drowsy wrote:
Regardless, I don't mind separate leagues. The purpose is not solely for more balanced competition, but simply to reach out to a wider audience. Nothing wrong with that. If you're a 12 year old asian girl, which league is likely to be more appealing?

If these leagues are going to be full of 12 year old asian girls, I'm going to go ahead and say there will probably be some problems. And that we should definitely have these leagues.



from a spectator standpoint, obviously
Our Protoss, Who art in Aiur HongUn be Thy name; Thy stalker come, Thy will be blunk, on ladder as it is in Micro Tourny. Give us this win in our daily ladder, and forgive us our cheeses, As we forgive those who play zerg against us.
MK4512
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada938 Posts
November 10 2010 22:09 GMT
#244
LMAO, warping in colossi XD

Good interview, good to see girls getting good at SC2
Chill: "Please let us know when you will be streaming yourself eating a hat so I can put it on the calendar. Thanks."
R A V
Profile Joined November 2009
United States217 Posts
November 11 2010 00:10 GMT
#245
On November 10 2010 05:57 baller wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q: Why did you pick the ID 'Pikachu'?

A: I've used this ID since Starcraft 1, so in Starcraft 2, I registered with it. Forget why I choose Pikachu initially....

i can help, for every1 wondering, she probably chose this ID bc "pikachu" is a famous pokemon from the video game and tv show pokemon


Oh Baller, how I love you.
Jaedong? More like JDAWG
BlueBulb
Profile Joined August 2010
Singapore13 Posts
November 11 2010 19:46 GMT
#246
wow. after reading the interview. @@

<3 the part where she said warping in colossui ;x

anyway.. she's quite famous in asia. her show.. and when she's hosting mtv
Moi Life for Aiur!
Spec
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Taiwan931 Posts
November 12 2010 04:17 GMT
#247
Taiwan represent.
Eye for an eye make the world go blind - Gandhi
-miDnight-
Profile Joined September 2010
Taiwan455 Posts
November 12 2010 05:45 GMT
#248
She is not only a girls who know the how to play and rank in diamond (which is way better than most of the noob)
And she is a entertainment celebrity, has appear in TV, drama, music video and have some album release.

She might not be the best player in diamond, but if you watch replay. at least she know what it build order.

Here is the wiki page for her
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Liao
http://www.facebook.com/midnightsc Chinese caster from TW (go SEn)
goldenfox
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1 Post
November 14 2010 07:23 GMT
#249
On November 10 2010 05:55 GildedAdonis wrote:
Ehhh...I kinda feel like...who cares? There are much better players than her and it's silly to get worked up over a girl just because she plays Starcraft. Most girls I know that play video games are far less than desirable and I see no immediate reason why I would prefer her over someone more outgoing and accomplished.



yah, I am completely confused by his statement... seriously? Why wouldn't people get worked up about a female SC2 player? It's an uncommon thing... isn't that interesting in itself? I am a female gamer and I consider myself better than "less than desirable", and I'm not talking about the way I look... I go to school, work, and play mass amounts of video games. Pikachu goes to school, works, plays video games AND wins tournaments, how are either of these situations not considered accomplished? idk...she's seems pretty outgoing from her interview. Your post seems pretty ignorant.
"I'll be whatever I wanna do." -Philip J. Fry
kochujang
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1226 Posts
November 14 2010 07:44 GMT
#250
On November 14 2010 16:23 goldenfox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 05:55 GildedAdonis wrote:
Ehhh...I kinda feel like...who cares? There are much better players than her and it's silly to get worked up over a girl just because she plays Starcraft. Most girls I know that play video games are far less than desirable and I see no immediate reason why I would prefer her over someone more outgoing and accomplished.



yah, I am completely confused by his statement... seriously? Why wouldn't people get worked up about a female SC2 player? It's an uncommon thing... isn't that interesting in itself? I am a female gamer and I consider myself better than "less than desirable", and I'm not talking about the way I look... I go to school, work, and play mass amounts of video games. Pikachu goes to school, works, plays video games AND wins tournaments, how are either of these situations not considered accomplished? idk...she's seems pretty outgoing from her interview. Your post seems pretty ignorant.

I second that. Winning a tournament (regardless of gender) is a feat, but working as a celebrity at the same time? How the hell can she find time to do it all? Very impressive indeed. My work schedule is probably not even half as intensive as hers, and I struggle in very, very low diamond. A multi talented young woman!
United_Strafes
Profile Joined August 2010
United States10 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-18 20:35:46
November 18 2010 20:33 GMT
#251
On November 10 2010 05:57 baller wrote:
Show nested quote +
Q: Why did you pick the ID 'Pikachu'?

A: I've used this ID since Starcraft 1, so in Starcraft 2, I registered with it. Forget why I choose Pikachu initially....

i can help, for every1 wondering, she probably chose this ID bc "pikachu" is a famous pokemon from the video game and tv show pokemon


^^ OH so that's why?!.......sounds like something that may also produce some kind of popular card game but who knows....

Anyway cool girl seems like with all the other shit she does a time vampire like SC2 would be out of reach kudos to her.
RezChi
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada2368 Posts
December 26 2010 23:36 GMT
#252
Man might be massive bump but, YEAH! Taiwan pride!! I'm just like her, born in taiwan went to school in Canada. But I can't win any tournaments lol.
THEPPLsELBOW
Profile Joined November 2010
United States190 Posts
December 27 2010 02:26 GMT
#253
i think its not the fact that shes a girl that amazes me, but the fact that she was in show biz BEFORE her starcraft success really says something about her personality..


hey, i can do what billions only dream of doing for a living, or i can play starcraft?

i choose you, starcraftachu!!
thesums
Profile Joined December 2010
Taiwan257 Posts
February 24 2011 17:08 GMT
#254
Go Pikachu!
Prissy
Profile Joined May 2010
United States113 Posts
February 24 2011 20:11 GMT
#255
Does anyone know what server she plays on?
Channel NYC
HaeHei
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United Kingdom162 Posts
February 03 2012 18:15 GMT
#256
just asking, i know i should probs not bump this but... where is she now? she hasn't been in the scene for ages and i remember she joined team razer... she gone back to modelling? or something?
Humans are weak. For every cure found, another disease is uncovered. It's a game of chase.
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko183
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1573
actioN 988
Jaedong 534
Bisu 519
Horang2 515
BeSt 416
Hyuk 328
firebathero 269
Soma 244
Hyun 215
[ Show more ]
Larva 208
Mong 203
Stork 181
Shine 131
Rush 127
Soulkey 111
PianO 105
Mind 66
910 59
Pusan 58
hero 51
Sexy 50
HiyA 37
ZerO 36
Shinee 33
Free 27
sSak 26
ZergMaN 26
Bale 26
Sharp 24
Hm[arnc] 21
Last 20
sorry 16
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe185
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1276
shoxiejesuss1140
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King280
Other Games
gofns35502
summit1g6990
singsing1385
ceh9544
Pyrionflax154
KnowMe149
DeMusliM133
Livibee99
Trikslyr28
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick465
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1217
Other Games
• Shiphtur403
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
50m
Patches Events
5h 50m
The PondCast
23h 50m
INu's Battles
1d
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.