• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:59
CEST 13:59
KST 20:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7796 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 458

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 456 457 458 459 460 2731 Next
Swatch
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany114 Posts
February 08 2011 18:44 GMT
#9141
On February 09 2011 03:23 brain_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 03:22 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2011 02:03 Klonere wrote:
Rotating casters, with all the big names joining in. You can't really be prepared to ignore the enormous pull that HD/Husky can have when making a business decision like this.



You also can't ignore the enourmous amount of people that will ignore the stream because they are casting.



HD and Husky are so crap, I'd cry if I found out that the "biggest western eSports announcement ever" involved them.


Why would you insult people, who are supporting e-sports? What are you doing to support SC2? Sorry for OT, but I really dislike postings like this and I felt obliged to reply.
Zaphid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1860 Posts
February 08 2011 18:46 GMT
#9142
To be honest, Day9/DJWheat/TB make up the top 3 casters for me, but TB can get annoying if you have to listen to him for hours, he really needs a cocaster because he lacks the insight and can never tell you the deeper stuff. He also gets easily carried away by stuff happening on screen so he misses quite a few things like drops. But he is probably the only one who can get me on the edge of the seat even if I'm watching paint dry.

Still, there are many casters which I don't mind listening to, however if an event features one of those 3 guys, I know I will be entertained even if the games are from bronze league, which of course leads me to prefer those events.
I will never ever play Mech against Protoss. - MVP
Endorsed
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands1221 Posts
February 08 2011 18:52 GMT
#9143
On February 09 2011 03:33 Sobba wrote:
Day9 and DJwheat is the best casting combo in NA/EU atm. If anyone is planning to create some big GSL like tournament then id think they would have their eyes for Day9 atleast. I doubt he is that expensive to hire.


Imo Day9 + Gretorp is soooooooo gooooodddddddddd. They did this tournament once, I loved it. But day9+inctonrol would be so baller aswell.
LeFroMaGe
Profile Joined October 2010
United States628 Posts
February 08 2011 19:15 GMT
#9144
On February 08 2011 22:51 FlashIsHigh wrote:
Whoa its so big to have the co founder and CEO of MLG be a guest, and its flaunted proudly on MLGs website. SoTG will soon be interviewing Obama on his thought of balancing issues in SC2

This has got to be the announcement, MLG is flaunting it front page of their site.

I really hope this will be some sort of a partnership between GoM, ESL and MLG creating maybe like a top 8 of each league in a "World Championship tournament" once a year for a great e-sport spectacle.

My ideal scenario for the better of esports.

However my likely guess is a GSL-esque tourney in LA.
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
February 08 2011 19:22 GMT
#9145
On February 09 2011 03:23 brain_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 03:22 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2011 02:03 Klonere wrote:
Rotating casters, with all the big names joining in. You can't really be prepared to ignore the enormous pull that HD/Husky can have when making a business decision like this.



You also can't ignore the enourmous amount of people that will ignore the stream because they are casting.



HD and Husky are so crap, I'd cry if I found out that the "biggest western eSports announcement ever" involved them.


I don't like djWHEAT.

OPINIONS!
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Cocacooh
Profile Joined August 2010
Norway1510 Posts
February 08 2011 19:22 GMT
#9146
On February 08 2011 07:45 sc2lime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2011 06:18 Liquid`Tyler wrote:
Another announcement of an upcoming announcement

That's pretty much what this has been this for the past weeks/months, Incontrol. This has been hyped up to oblivion to the point that is in the same situation as of Artosis' Ascension.


Ascension 2 inc.
Sceptor87
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada266 Posts
February 08 2011 19:31 GMT
#9147
I always thought they were going to call it Descension, because Ascension was really just the ascension of Artosis.

It fucking better be called Descension, otherwise I'm going to cry.
Standard,
Deleted User 109835
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
629 Posts
February 08 2011 19:36 GMT
#9148
--- Nuked ---
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 19:39:22
February 08 2011 19:39 GMT
#9149
Is last nights episode up anywhere?
http://www.starcraftdream.com
MrSnibbles
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom267 Posts
February 08 2011 19:41 GMT
#9150
On February 09 2011 04:39 eNtitY~ wrote:
Is last nights episode up anywhere?


Uh......What?
Thank you, based god.
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-08 19:45:56
February 08 2011 19:44 GMT
#9151
On February 09 2011 04:39 eNtitY~ wrote:
Is last nights episode up anywhere?

They do episodes on Tuesday, not Mondays.

I believe the preshow starts around 10:30 est on itmejp.com?
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
The Icon
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada111 Posts
February 08 2011 19:46 GMT
#9152
Question for Sundance, I understand the thought behind making the championship the 50k first prize... obviously going for the "wow" factor. However don't you think the community would be better suited spreading out the prize money through all the events? You could still have the championship have a bigger prize but instead of 50k for one events first place and 5k for the rest you could award 25k for the 1st in the championship and 10k for the other events.
eNtitY~
Profile Joined January 2007
United States1293 Posts
February 08 2011 19:46 GMT
#9153
I'm not sure why I thought it was last night. ~_~
http://www.starcraftdream.com
Bru
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden184 Posts
February 08 2011 19:47 GMT
#9154
On February 09 2011 03:44 Swatch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 03:23 brain_ wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:22 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2011 02:03 Klonere wrote:
Rotating casters, with all the big names joining in. You can't really be prepared to ignore the enormous pull that HD/Husky can have when making a business decision like this.



You also can't ignore the enourmous amount of people that will ignore the stream because they are casting.



HD and Husky are so crap, I'd cry if I found out that the "biggest western eSports announcement ever" involved them.


Why would you insult people, who are supporting e-sports? What are you doing to support SC2? Sorry for OT, but I really dislike postings like this and I felt obliged to reply.


Just wondering what husky have been doing to support esports latly? except trying to get more subscribers to his youtube channel.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 08 2011 19:49 GMT
#9155
Next State of the Game prediction

Geoff: "I know I've been teasing this for a few months now and I think it finally deserves attention. We are pleased to announce the next biggest thing in esports. Esports day at disneyland. For a whole day, people are welcome to come to disneyland and enjoy 50% off a 2 day ticket when you mention the word esports. Biggest freaking announcement ever."
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
February 08 2011 19:51 GMT
#9156
Gotta love the run around Incontrol is giving everyone. I think alot of people will be dissappointed if this announcement does not live up the attention/hype that it has been recieving. Team Liquid might as well put it on their front page...

"The Announcement of the Announcement that you all have been waiting for..."
Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
Galleon.frigate
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada721 Posts
February 08 2011 19:51 GMT
#9157
On February 09 2011 04:47 Bru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 03:44 Swatch wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:23 brain_ wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:22 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2011 02:03 Klonere wrote:
Rotating casters, with all the big names joining in. You can't really be prepared to ignore the enormous pull that HD/Husky can have when making a business decision like this.



You also can't ignore the enourmous amount of people that will ignore the stream because they are casting.



HD and Husky are so crap, I'd cry if I found out that the "biggest western eSports announcement ever" involved them.


Why would you insult people, who are supporting e-sports? What are you doing to support SC2? Sorry for OT, but I really dislike postings like this and I felt obliged to reply.


Just wondering what husky have been doing to support esports latly? except trying to get more subscribers to his youtube channel.


getting more subscribers means more interest in sc2. But you have a point it doesn't feel like he is putting the community first. But when what is wrong with letting the guy cash in a bit? Is it disapointing because of what he is capabile of... yes. But I'm not going to hate on him for making some money as long as he's not hurting other doing it.
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
February 08 2011 20:00 GMT
#9158
The google voice # is from the areacode/town from a town called Los Banos (the bathroom or waterhole).
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
February 08 2011 20:02 GMT
#9159
On February 09 2011 04:51 Galleon.frigate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 04:47 Bru wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:44 Swatch wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:23 brain_ wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:22 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2011 02:03 Klonere wrote:
Rotating casters, with all the big names joining in. You can't really be prepared to ignore the enormous pull that HD/Husky can have when making a business decision like this.



You also can't ignore the enourmous amount of people that will ignore the stream because they are casting.



HD and Husky are so crap, I'd cry if I found out that the "biggest western eSports announcement ever" involved them.


Why would you insult people, who are supporting e-sports? What are you doing to support SC2? Sorry for OT, but I really dislike postings like this and I felt obliged to reply.


Just wondering what husky have been doing to support esports latly? except trying to get more subscribers to his youtube channel.


getting more subscribers means more interest in sc2. But you have a point it doesn't feel like he is putting the community first. But when what is wrong with letting the guy cash in a bit? Is it disapointing because of what he is capabile of... yes. But I'm not going to hate on him for making some money as long as he's not hurting other doing it.


I think people are alittle dissappointed in them, because they don't exactly "give" as much back to the community such as a Day 9 or a Incontrol. Most people are starting to dislike Husky, because he may be coming off as a poser, and hes making money off of it. I don't know what people have against HD however. I can care less about the popularity contest, but whatever pushes the agenda of making starcraft 2 a huge esports game here in America, I'm down.
Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
Bru
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden184 Posts
February 08 2011 20:02 GMT
#9160
On February 09 2011 04:51 Galleon.frigate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 09 2011 04:47 Bru wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:44 Swatch wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:23 brain_ wrote:
On February 09 2011 03:22 1Eris1 wrote:
On February 09 2011 02:03 Klonere wrote:
Rotating casters, with all the big names joining in. You can't really be prepared to ignore the enormous pull that HD/Husky can have when making a business decision like this.



You also can't ignore the enourmous amount of people that will ignore the stream because they are casting.



HD and Husky are so crap, I'd cry if I found out that the "biggest western eSports announcement ever" involved them.


Why would you insult people, who are supporting e-sports? What are you doing to support SC2? Sorry for OT, but I really dislike postings like this and I felt obliged to reply.


Just wondering what husky have been doing to support esports latly? except trying to get more subscribers to his youtube channel.


getting more subscribers means more interest in sc2. But you have a point it doesn't feel like he is putting the community first. But when what is wrong with letting the guy cash in a bit? Is it disapointing because of what he is capabile of... yes. But I'm not going to hate on him for making some money as long as he's not hurting other doing it.


I dont wanna agrue anything, just think husky is kinda fake tbh There are plenty of others that actually gives to the comunity while at the same time cashing in and that i have no problem with whatsoever

Prev 1 456 457 458 459 460 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 725
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko426
OGKoka 227
Rex 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52915
Calm 3804
Shuttle 2136
Bisu 1161
FanTaSy 1027
firebathero 375
Zeus 340
Hyuk 277
Stork 248
actioN 228
[ Show more ]
Soma 220
Mini 201
Rush 170
Soulkey 150
EffOrt 136
Last 136
Light 132
ZerO 91
Snow 85
Mong 76
Dewaltoss 67
Pusan 60
JYJ 46
Sea.KH 46
Free 41
Killer 41
NotJumperer 38
Bale 37
Barracks 33
Shinee 30
hero 29
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 25
Noble 25
Yoon 23
yabsab 23
Sharp 21
sorry 20
Aegong 19
PianO 16
Sacsri 13
HiyA 13
Dota 2
Gorgc5408
Dendi536
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1392
kRYSTAL_55
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King94
Other Games
gofns36366
singsing1941
B2W.Neo530
crisheroes255
DeMusliM203
Livibee59
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 1m
OSC
10h 16m
Replay Cast
11h 1m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.