• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:34
CEST 02:34
KST 09:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10191 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 2493

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2731 Next
Raid
Profile Joined September 2010
United States398 Posts
October 04 2012 21:37 GMT
#49841
On October 05 2012 05:45 Reedjr wrote:
JP, how dare you attempt to trademark "soon." Clearly, Blizzard owns that trademark. Expect to be hearing from their legal team presently.



I think you are wrong, I think apple owns the rights to everything, and everything...

Blizzard seems pretty chillax on lawsuits considering they let kespa own BW for almost a decade without being able to get anything from them...

I wish this thread stopped coming up everyweek, it makes me think JP was gonna post an exact date when SOTG will air but its just a bunch of people ranting..
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
October 04 2012 21:38 GMT
#49842
On October 05 2012 06:37 Raid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2012 05:45 Reedjr wrote:
JP, how dare you attempt to trademark "soon." Clearly, Blizzard owns that trademark. Expect to be hearing from their legal team presently.



I think you are wrong, I think apple owns the rights to everything, and everything...

Blizzard seems pretty chillax on lawsuits considering they let kespa own BW for almost a decade without being able to get anything from them...

I wish this thread stopped coming up everyweek, it makes me think JP was gonna post an exact date when SOTG will air but its just a bunch of people ranting..


Not true, JP just updated us on the last page, SOTG will be back any day now <3
"En taro adun, Executor."
numberThirtyOne
Profile Joined March 2008
United States294 Posts
October 04 2012 21:58 GMT
#49843
I don't know why everyone's so worked up over here. Watching JP play random single player games is way better than some old show he used to do.
voIDRAys are the most bm unit in SC2
Xandaren
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States93 Posts
October 04 2012 22:19 GMT
#49844
I love all the hosts and miss Day[9] being a pillar. That being said I implore you to go back and watch some old episodes. You should notice a fairly obvious change in the show elements and host attitudes. So being honest I don't mind Jp taking his time to bring the show back, I am hoping they can return some of the original elements back to the show and bring us an amazing show again.

To clarify I don't mean replacing any host due to attitudes. I just enjoyed the days where iNcontrol could be very serious and humerus when he needed to be rather than 95% comedy, where Jp lead most discussions balancing SC2 topics and hilarious drama, and where we couldn't go a few minutes without a jab to Artosis.

Not that my thoughts mattered, just a way to spend time waiting for the show we all want back.
Just chill man.
Larkin
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom7161 Posts
October 05 2012 00:11 GMT
#49845
On October 05 2012 05:34 caruso wrote:
While you're reinventing your show, you might consider a major overhaul:

1. cut the length to 30 minutes tops
2. make it 15:15, tournaments and tactics
3. discourage any drama-discussion
4. try getting your old pillars back, they are awesome

I liked the older episodes a lot, when you guys talked so much about the game in general and tournament results.

Having a show that summarises the goings-on in the tournament-scene and gives insight in the inner-workings of a pro-tactician's mind while only taking up half an hour a week will be much more educational and net much better viewing numbers than a show about drama.

Nobody wants to hear Incontrol go: "Duppaduh, he called me bad so I called him fat...", we want to hear him discussing tactics with Nony, IdrA and Day9.


1. There's no way that they can cover enough stuff and provide entertainment in just 30 minutes. What's the point in bringing all these guys in for just 30 minutes?

2/3. There should be a distinction between SOTG and ITG. A more personable approach to every issue from balance to tournament to the latest Naniwa scandal is what splits them up. The breaks for stories and jokes and idle chatter is what made the show so enjoyable.

4. It would be nice to see Day9 back, and to have some kind of Terran presence. A lot of peopple have suggested Demuslim, though that would increase the accusations of EG favouritism - though then again, who cares? It doesn't matter what team people are on, they're major community figures, are intelligent, entertaining, and able to discuss the game.
https://www.twitch.tv/ttalarkin - streams random stuff, high level teamleague, maybe even heroleague
Account252508
Profile Joined February 2012
3454 Posts
October 05 2012 02:00 GMT
#49846
--- Nuked ---
neurosx
Profile Joined August 2011
Luxembourg1096 Posts
October 05 2012 02:41 GMT
#49847
Holy god people are so entitled about a show they did nothing for.

Can't wait for it to be back :D
You'll wish I'd never stooped to notice you.
tsuxiit
Profile Joined July 2010
1305 Posts
October 05 2012 03:39 GMT
#49848
I don't see why you react so harshly to the idea of designating a new host...it's a perfectly natural thing for someone in your position to do.
Ercster
Profile Joined August 2011
United States603 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-05 03:53:08
October 05 2012 03:51 GMT
#49849
On October 05 2012 12:39 tsuxiit wrote:
I don't see why you react so harshly to the idea of designating a new host...it's a perfectly natural thing for someone in your position to do.

The person he was talking to said he wasn't good at what he does. It was a baseless claim that shouldn't have been said. Also, as he's said in the past, he's trying to get SOTG up and going again asap, and has asked the other hosts if they wanted to do a one off show and they said no.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-05 08:46:03
October 05 2012 04:19 GMT
#49850
I await the day SOTG returns and I hope it will be as glorious as it was in the past ^_^

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing SOTG add a terran pillar. It doesn't have to be someone high profile like DeMusliuM or qxc. It could be some like a theognis (if he has the "personality" I honestly know NOTHING about him other than him being a good player) and I would enjoy it.

Other than that I can't wait for the show to come back.
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
October 05 2012 04:38 GMT
#49851
Make qxc a pillar =p.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Hashbaz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States340 Posts
October 05 2012 04:59 GMT
#49852
On October 05 2012 07:19 Xander47 wrote:
I love all the hosts and miss Day[9] being a pillar. That being said I implore you to go back and watch some old episodes. You should notice a fairly obvious change in the show elements and host attitudes. So being honest I don't mind Jp taking his time to bring the show back, I am hoping they can return some of the original elements back to the show and bring us an amazing show again.

To clarify I don't mean replacing any host due to attitudes. I just enjoyed the days where iNcontrol could be very serious and humerus when he needed to be rather than 95% comedy, where Jp lead most discussions balancing SC2 topics and hilarious drama, and where we couldn't go a few minutes without a jab to Artosis.

Not that my thoughts mattered, just a way to spend time waiting for the show we all want back.


I agree with this guy. ^^

My opinions, fwiw. Losing Day9 as a regular was a pretty serious blow in terms of the show's entertainment value. Personally I don't care if there is a Terran pillar or not. Talking about drama is fun in moderation, but strat talk and balance discussion are important too. Sometimes I felt like the newer shows spent too much time discussing tournament brackets and predictions. I don't think the "Who is Artosis" rant will ever be surpassed. I feel like Incontrol tries too hard nowadays to be funny.

Good luck getting the show back together JP. We will be waiting when you're ready.
ESPORTS prevails
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
October 05 2012 05:10 GMT
#49853
what is the current state of the RIP? JP made a post on the 1st of august that mentions about the show starting back late August with more regular shows.


Its now October, I think its clear to me JP has lost his passion. JP should make a public statement that he is passing on the torch to Incontrol to become the new host of SOTG.
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
ScaryOlive
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada121 Posts
October 05 2012 05:28 GMT
#49854
On October 05 2012 13:59 Hashbaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2012 07:19 Xander47 wrote:
I love all the hosts and miss Day[9] being a pillar. That being said I implore you to go back and watch some old episodes. You should notice a fairly obvious change in the show elements and host attitudes. So being honest I don't mind Jp taking his time to bring the show back, I am hoping they can return some of the original elements back to the show and bring us an amazing show again.

To clarify I don't mean replacing any host due to attitudes. I just enjoyed the days where iNcontrol could be very serious and humerus when he needed to be rather than 95% comedy, where Jp lead most discussions balancing SC2 topics and hilarious drama, and where we couldn't go a few minutes without a jab to Artosis.

Not that my thoughts mattered, just a way to spend time waiting for the show we all want back.


I agree with this guy. ^^

My opinions, fwiw. Losing Day9 as a regular was a pretty serious blow in terms of the show's entertainment value. Personally I don't care if there is a Terran pillar or not. Talking about drama is fun in moderation, but strat talk and balance discussion are important too. Sometimes I felt like the newer shows spent too much time discussing tournament brackets and predictions. I don't think the "Who is Artosis" rant will ever be surpassed. I feel like Incontrol tries too hard nowadays to be funny.

Good luck getting the show back together JP. We will be waiting when you're ready.



I, Too, Agree to this.

The show is called State of the game, not State of the Scene. When I listen to old episodes (IMO the best ones with the drunk specials) there is much talk about the game itself and the new strategies, the metagame and the view of actual pro gamer on how the game is evolving which is what I loved. There was some small talk about tourneys but in the beginning when there was A MLG it was the biggest happening in the sc2 world so it made sense to talk about it and the discussion was in depth analysis of games and really fun to listen to.

In later episodes, some of the episodes were just JP reading a bracket and everyone saying who will win without much insight and a lot of esport drama. I feel like, in later episodes, it was much more focused on the Sc2 scene then Sc2 itself.
And nowadays there are like 5 major tournaments events every month and to me it talking about them all feels less intersting cause chances are that I will not watch them all because I have no time to follow them all.

What made the show too was the way it was done like not really taken seriously but still really well made. It was naturally funny because of the interactions but in later episodes it seems the funny parts felt less right.

I wish the new show will be more like the first one, but the direction to take is Jp's choice and i'm sure he knows what he's doing far more the me!

Can't wait for it to come back, it's been a while and the void has not taken in my heart!

I await the return of Sotg in my life! SOON!
Be Careful with that axe Eugene...
ChanmanV
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1156 Posts
October 05 2012 05:33 GMT
#49855
On October 05 2012 06:20 Liquid`NonY wrote:
yeah, no thread in team forum. i browse private forums and for all other threads (sotg, my fan club, my stream thread) i use the subscribed threads feature. i occasionally browse the site or someone links me something and so i get around to other parts of the site. but i dont typically read the headlines


Where's the subscribe thread feature?
dAPhREAk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Nauru12397 Posts
October 05 2012 05:35 GMT
#49856
On October 05 2012 14:33 ChanmanV wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2012 06:20 Liquid`NonY wrote:
yeah, no thread in team forum. i browse private forums and for all other threads (sotg, my fan club, my stream thread) i use the subscribed threads feature. i occasionally browse the site or someone links me something and so i get around to other parts of the site. but i dont typically read the headlines


Where's the subscribe thread feature?

should be automatically subscribed to each thread you post in. otherwise its on the bottom left under the last post in each thread. to look at your subscribed threads, you click the subscribed thread link at the top left of the website.
itmeJP
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1101 Posts
October 05 2012 05:37 GMT
#49857
I remembered just now why I stopped reading this thread a couple weeks before we went off the air, only posting in it when it was warranted: within minutes of browsing it earlier today, I'm already stressed, depressed, and feel like the 72 episodes we put out were worthless. I'll post again when the show is back, until then, it might as well be locked for all I fucking care.

Oh, and for those who care I'm re-uploading episodes 1-30 as videos on my YouTube (itmejp.com). They will only be audio with a logo.

Twitter.com/itmeJP -- Twitch.tv/itmeJP -- YouTube.com/itmeJP
immanentblue
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark110 Posts
October 05 2012 06:57 GMT
#49858
On October 05 2012 14:37 itmeJP wrote:
I remembered just now why I stopped reading this thread a couple weeks before we went off the air, only posting in it when it was warranted: within minutes of browsing it earlier today, I'm already stressed, depressed, and feel like the 72 episodes we put out were worthless. I'll post again when the show is back, until then, it might as well be locked for all I fucking care.

Oh, and for those who care I'm re-uploading episodes 1-30 as videos on my YouTube (itmejp.com). They will only be audio with a logo.



aww JP, dont feel blue... still after 3 months im regularly checking if the show is back every week, and im really happy to hear that you might be coming back in a world where peoples attentionspan usually lasts no longer than a day, you should be really proud that people are still passionately thinking about, and awaiting your show
slam
Profile Joined May 2010
United States923 Posts
October 05 2012 07:21 GMT
#49859
Looking forward to the show coming back JP.
<3
I get it.
Ercster
Profile Joined August 2011
United States603 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-05 07:43:04
October 05 2012 07:39 GMT
#49860
On October 05 2012 14:10 johnny123 wrote:
what is the current state of the RIP? JP made a post on the 1st of august that mentions about the show starting back late August with more regular shows.


Its now October, I think its clear to me JP has lost his passion. JP should make a public statement that he is passing on the torch to Incontrol to become the new host of SOTG.

Can people please stop making posts like this? JP has said in the past that he's dealing with contracts right now and is hoping to have all of them dealt with by the end of the year. More recently (today or yesterday) he has said that it will be back soon.

Here is a list of things everyone in this thread should do before making posts like this:
1. Subscribe to his Youtube channel, and watch his update videos. He posts them about once every week or two. http://www.youtube.com/itmeJP
2. Read, at least, the last 5 pages of this thread.
3. Follow him on Twitter, and read his tweets. https://twitter.com/itmejp

You can literally find all the information available by watching his videos, reading his tweets, and reading his posts in this thread.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Prev 1 2491 2492 2493 2494 2495 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12691
Rain 2018
Artosis 760
White-Ra 209
ToSsGirL 47
Dota 2
monkeys_forever600
NeuroSwarm138
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1552
ArmadaUGS499
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor775
WinterStarcraft256
Other Games
summit1g8949
shahzam709
Day[9].tv635
JimRising 531
C9.Mang0291
Maynarde137
ViBE137
Trikslyr67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick800
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1079
• Day9tv635
• Shiphtur284
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 26m
OSC
12h 26m
Stellar Fest
12h 26m
OSC
23h 26m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.