• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:26
CEST 01:26
KST 08:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6944 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 1785

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 2731 Next
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
November 11 2011 11:03 GMT
#35681
On November 11 2011 18:21 Matkap wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 17:36 Talic_Zealot wrote:
Dudes, when the only thing we pay for our favorite shows is watching them via their website to provide ad revenue or just viewer numbers, please don't download rips. When everybody starts asking for X$ a month which only people in the US can afford and pay conveniently, and it is the only way to watch, then go ahead and torrent the shit out of it, but not now please.


ok, first, do you know what mlg membership is, and, why in the hell would only people in the US be able to pay this? :O

You have successfully missed my entire point.
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
NexCa
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany954 Posts
November 11 2011 11:35 GMT
#35682
^ You fail hard at the moment... as Matkap already wrote, why would only ppl in the US be ably to pay this ?

to quote you:

When everybody starts asking for X$ a month which only people in the US can afford and pay conveniently, and


so what, everyone in every country can pay them via paypal or whatever... shouldn't be a problem at all IMO ...
Best Protoss Player 4 ever - Bisu[Shield] || http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=326242 || THIS IS WHERE WE STAND, THIS IS WHERE THEY FALL, GIVE THEM NOTHING, BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING ! || SKT FIGHTIIING
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
November 11 2011 11:43 GMT
#35683
I think maybe he means Americans are rich bastards and it's unfair to expect Bulgarians to pay the same fee?

For the record, I'm only middle class, and my parents were wed at the time of my conception.
The frumious Bandersnatch
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10963 Posts
November 11 2011 11:49 GMT
#35684
On November 11 2011 20:43 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
For the record, I'm only middle class, and my parents were wed at the time of my conception.



Wat?
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 12:19:34
November 11 2011 12:18 GMT
#35685
jesus fucking christ.......................
ALL I meant to say, you fucking idiots, is do not download rips of the show and wait for the official release.
And no I cannot afford even the small fee of 20$ per month for the GSL, I am not calling anyone a rich bastard that is just what the situation is like. So I watch the free streams and try my best to avoid adblocking any SC content so my 1 view would make some kind of contribution until I can pay for premium. Also allot of people do not have a PayPal account or even a bank account, hence the inconvenience. The sole fact that I mentioned a particular country made people go apeshit LOL
SOTG, you guys are awesome!
Forum people, fuck you.

User was temp banned for this post.
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
fush
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada563 Posts
November 11 2011 12:22 GMT
#35686
On November 11 2011 20:35 NexCa wrote:
^ You fail hard at the moment... as Matkap already wrote, why would only ppl in the US be ably to pay this ?

to quote you:

Show nested quote +
When everybody starts asking for X$ a month which only people in the US can afford and pay conveniently, and


so what, everyone in every country can pay them via paypal or whatever... shouldn't be a problem at all IMO ...


how about you quote that entire line. when he says "when.... then..." he clearly wasn't asking for it to be US only. he was saying that if and WHEN this happens, THEN you should complain.

Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
November 11 2011 12:25 GMT
#35687
On November 11 2011 21:18 Talic_Zealot wrote:
jesus fucking christ.......................
ALL I meant to say, you fucking idiots, is do not download rips of the show and wait for the official release.
And no I cannot afford even the small fee of 20$ per month for the GSL, I am not calling anyone a rich bastard that is just what the situation is like. So I watch the free streams and try my best to avoid adblocking any SC content so my 1 view would make some kind of contribution until I can pay for premium. Also allot of people do not have a PayPal account or even a bank account, hence the inconvenience. The sole fact that I mentioned a particular country made people go apeshit LOL
SOTG, you guys are awesome!
Forum people, fuck you.


It's easily possible to upload vods within a few hours of when the show finishes.
If they apparently can't do that and it is more convenient for me to DL a rip I would do it for sure.
For example.. I just got home from school and want to watch Sotg but I can't :>
Not gonna wait 24 hours for vods and in the weekend most people don't have time to watch 2 hour shows anyway.
I know I don't 'support' MLG by that, but you gotta deliver a proper service for support too.
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 12:29:44
November 11 2011 12:29 GMT
#35688
On November 11 2011 20:35 NexCa wrote:
^ You fail hard at the moment... as Matkap already wrote, why would only ppl in the US be ably to pay this ?

to quote you:

Show nested quote +
When everybody starts asking for X$ a month which only people in the US can afford and pay conveniently, and


so what, everyone in every country can pay them via paypal or whatever... shouldn't be a problem at all IMO ...


That's not always a given.

Also does no one understand the different value of currencies here?
Tomcattomato
Profile Joined July 2011
Netherlands95 Posts
November 11 2011 12:31 GMT
#35689
On November 11 2011 21:29 nam nam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 20:35 NexCa wrote:
^ You fail hard at the moment... as Matkap already wrote, why would only ppl in the US be ably to pay this ?

to quote you:

When everybody starts asking for X$ a month which only people in the US can afford and pay conveniently, and


so what, everyone in every country can pay them via paypal or whatever... shouldn't be a problem at all IMO ...


That's not always a given.

Also does no one understand the different value of currencies here?


Yeah, damn american subscriptions are too cheap for my Euro ;(
StarscreamG1
Profile Joined February 2011
Portugal1653 Posts
November 11 2011 12:34 GMT
#35690
Btw, I want incontrol back! Missed him a lot..the show needs him so much. Haters will always hate.
Rabbitmaster
Profile Joined August 2010
1357 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-11 12:36:32
November 11 2011 12:36 GMT
#35691
On November 11 2011 21:31 Tomcattomato wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 21:29 nam nam wrote:
On November 11 2011 20:35 NexCa wrote:
^ You fail hard at the moment... as Matkap already wrote, why would only ppl in the US be ably to pay this ?

to quote you:

When everybody starts asking for X$ a month which only people in the US can afford and pay conveniently, and


so what, everyone in every country can pay them via paypal or whatever... shouldn't be a problem at all IMO ...


That's not always a given.

Also does no one understand the different value of currencies here?


Yeah, damn american subscriptions are too cheap for my Euro ;(


Hehe i buy as much stuff i can in dollars nowadays. 1 dollar was almost 11 sek a few years back. now its like 6.5-7 sek, so you can save aloooot of money that way.

Also, cant wait for VOD! Is it still in 5-6 parts?
God is dead.
Darksoldierr
Profile Joined May 2010
Hungary2013 Posts
November 11 2011 12:45 GMT
#35692
On November 11 2011 21:25 Jakkerr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 21:18 Talic_Zealot wrote:
jesus fucking christ.......................
ALL I meant to say, you fucking idiots, is do not download rips of the show and wait for the official release.
And no I cannot afford even the small fee of 20$ per month for the GSL, I am not calling anyone a rich bastard that is just what the situation is like. So I watch the free streams and try my best to avoid adblocking any SC content so my 1 view would make some kind of contribution until I can pay for premium. Also allot of people do not have a PayPal account or even a bank account, hence the inconvenience. The sole fact that I mentioned a particular country made people go apeshit LOL
SOTG, you guys are awesome!
Forum people, fuck you.


It's easily possible to upload vods within a few hours of when the show finishes.
If they apparently can't do that and it is more convenient for me to DL a rip I would do it for sure.
For example.. I just got home from school and want to watch Sotg but I can't :>
Not gonna wait 24 hours for vods and in the weekend most people don't have time to watch 2 hour shows anyway.
I know I don't 'support' MLG by that, but you gotta deliver a proper service for support too.



But you have time for it on a workday, wat
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.
secretary bird
Profile Joined September 2011
447 Posts
November 11 2011 12:55 GMT
#35693
On November 11 2011 20:49 Velr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 20:43 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
For the record, I'm only middle class, and my parents were wed at the time of my conception.



Wat?


He meant he is neither rich, nor a bastard because his parents were married.
Hassybaby
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom10823 Posts
November 11 2011 12:58 GMT
#35694
On November 11 2011 21:36 Rabbitmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 21:31 Tomcattomato wrote:
On November 11 2011 21:29 nam nam wrote:
On November 11 2011 20:35 NexCa wrote:
^ You fail hard at the moment... as Matkap already wrote, why would only ppl in the US be ably to pay this ?

to quote you:

When everybody starts asking for X$ a month which only people in the US can afford and pay conveniently, and


so what, everyone in every country can pay them via paypal or whatever... shouldn't be a problem at all IMO ...


That's not always a given.

Also does no one understand the different value of currencies here?


Yeah, damn american subscriptions are too cheap for my Euro ;(


Hehe i buy as much stuff i can in dollars nowadays. 1 dollar was almost 11 sek a few years back. now its like 6.5-7 sek, so you can save aloooot of money that way.

Also, cant wait for VOD! Is it still in 5-6 parts?


Last one was 2 parts IIRC, and the second part was like 5 mins long, first part was the good 2 hours.
"These guys are mindfucking me into a sex coma" | "Mayonnaise is a must-have lubricant when performing necrophilia"
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
November 11 2011 12:58 GMT
#35695
On November 11 2011 17:42 Gamegene wrote:
thanks for the MP3 JP~ I'm going to be taking a train tomorrow so it'll be a good time killer.


Crap LOL, i already listenend to this episode but have a trainride too tomorrow. Wish I thought of that!
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
November 11 2011 13:01 GMT
#35696
On November 11 2011 21:45 Darksoldierr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 21:25 Jakkerr wrote:
On November 11 2011 21:18 Talic_Zealot wrote:
jesus fucking christ.......................
ALL I meant to say, you fucking idiots, is do not download rips of the show and wait for the official release.
And no I cannot afford even the small fee of 20$ per month for the GSL, I am not calling anyone a rich bastard that is just what the situation is like. So I watch the free streams and try my best to avoid adblocking any SC content so my 1 view would make some kind of contribution until I can pay for premium. Also allot of people do not have a PayPal account or even a bank account, hence the inconvenience. The sole fact that I mentioned a particular country made people go apeshit LOL
SOTG, you guys are awesome!
Forum people, fuck you.


It's easily possible to upload vods within a few hours of when the show finishes.
If they apparently can't do that and it is more convenient for me to DL a rip I would do it for sure.
For example.. I just got home from school and want to watch Sotg but I can't :>
Not gonna wait 24 hours for vods and in the weekend most people don't have time to watch 2 hour shows anyway.
I know I don't 'support' MLG by that, but you gotta deliver a proper service for support too.



But you have time for it on a workday, wat


The point is, people want to watch something when it's most convenient for them.
If that isn't possible because MLG didn't upload the vods fast enough they shouldn't get mad at people for watching rips.
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
November 11 2011 13:06 GMT
#35697
On November 11 2011 22:01 Jakkerr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 11 2011 21:45 Darksoldierr wrote:
On November 11 2011 21:25 Jakkerr wrote:
On November 11 2011 21:18 Talic_Zealot wrote:
jesus fucking christ.......................
ALL I meant to say, you fucking idiots, is do not download rips of the show and wait for the official release.
And no I cannot afford even the small fee of 20$ per month for the GSL, I am not calling anyone a rich bastard that is just what the situation is like. So I watch the free streams and try my best to avoid adblocking any SC content so my 1 view would make some kind of contribution until I can pay for premium. Also allot of people do not have a PayPal account or even a bank account, hence the inconvenience. The sole fact that I mentioned a particular country made people go apeshit LOL
SOTG, you guys are awesome!
Forum people, fuck you.


It's easily possible to upload vods within a few hours of when the show finishes.
If they apparently can't do that and it is more convenient for me to DL a rip I would do it for sure.
For example.. I just got home from school and want to watch Sotg but I can't :>
Not gonna wait 24 hours for vods and in the weekend most people don't have time to watch 2 hour shows anyway.
I know I don't 'support' MLG by that, but you gotta deliver a proper service for support too.



But you have time for it on a workday, wat


The point is, people want to watch something when it's most convenient for them.
If that isn't possible because MLG didn't upload the vods fast enough they shouldn't get mad at people for watching rips.


The movie came out to theatres yesterday, it's not on DVD today, so I'm downloading a pirate...

I don't get where the false sense of entitlement comes from. They are working on getting the VoDs out quicker. The show already happens very late in the evening on the East Coast and Midwest (often ending later than 1am in both). It's not entirely feasible for them to have the VoDs up before the next morning. Some patience is required. It's unreasonable to think they can just upload live to the web immediately following the show at the moment.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10963 Posts
November 11 2011 13:17 GMT
#35698
The problem is.. Afaik the Vod was up faster before MLG came in?
Even if thats not true, there are "easy" ways to make the Vod upload faster/immediatly?

There just seems like no reason for the vod being late except MLG's premium service which helps to make stog better (wait wat?).

(I don't really care, i listen to the MP3 mostly and also don't die if i miss an enitre sotg).
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
November 11 2011 13:37 GMT
#35699
On November 11 2011 22:17 Velr wrote:
The problem is.. Afaik the Vod was up faster before MLG came in?
Even if thats not true, there are "easy" ways to make the Vod upload faster/immediatly?

There just seems like no reason for the vod being late except MLG's premium service which helps to make stog better (wait wat?).

(I don't really care, i listen to the MP3 mostly and also don't die if i miss an enitre sotg).


No, the reason VoDs were up faster before MLG was because JP lived in a different time zone (I think he lived on West Coast) and was able to stay up ALL night uploading the VoD personally every week. Now, MLG handles the upload of the VoD as it's a part of the MLG.tv service. MLG offices are in New York. They are a professional organization and work normal business hours. SotG ends after 1am on Friday morning. There is no one in the office that can upload the VoD. It is now 8:30am on the East Coast. The first sets of workers on the East Coast are getting to offices. Unsure when office hours for MLG NY. JP said this on his Twitter:

"http://sotg-sc2.blogspot.com/2011/11/sotg-ep56.html @StateOfTheGame has been up for awhile, didn't tweet about it... no VOD yet, should be up when NYC gets in office"

People complaining that the VoDs have not gone up within 7-8 hours of the show ending are being wholly unreasonable. If you haven't seen VoDs by the end of the day today, then, sure, it's not reasonable for it to be up that late. However, JP personally has asked for patience as it is the very fact that MLG has invested in this TV service that he has his full time position with them doing these sorts of things. Acting so entitled and demanding that a VoD be thrown up in the middle of the night by a professional company is completely unreasonable. If you were in the same position and your boss told you you had to come in at 2am on every Friday morning to upload a VoD so that Europeans won't pirate your talent's show, you'd be completely angry.

Just be patient. Go do something else for a few hours. Check back later after US business hours.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Gnarfle
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden170 Posts
November 11 2011 13:46 GMT
#35700
If you want to support SOTG and its pillars/members then I suggest you watch the VOD from their website. Thats what I am going to do.
Prev 1 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings39
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 168
ProTech142
ViBE130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14115
Artosis 572
PianO 24
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
canceldota147
NeuroSwarm141
League of Legends
Doublelift3933
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1515
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe99
Other Games
summit1g6327
shahzam508
Day[9].tv412
C9.Mang0308
Maynarde70
Trikslyr22
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 43
• RyuSc2 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 31
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie946
• Shiphtur555
• Day9tv412
Upcoming Events
OSC
23h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 10h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.