• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:39
CEST 21:39
KST 04:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8591 users

How to Get More Fun (and Less Rage) Out of SC2 - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
jnay
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada107 Posts
August 14 2010 08:36 GMT
#101
great contribution to the community. I myself and i'm sure alot of others will find this helpful, not just in starcraft but other aspects in life.
-ReMeDy-
Profile Joined June 2010
United States46 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-14 11:05:02
August 14 2010 11:03 GMT
#102
I'm going to bookmark this and reference it every now. During ladder matches, I often times get so worked up into winning, that I lose sight of my goals while my heart flutters during match-ups. It's just silly. Win/ratio shouldn't mean anything; it's your experience and transitioning into a better gamer that matters most.
"Every minute outside SC is a minute someone else improves."
FroZeNN
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States165 Posts
August 14 2010 16:14 GMT
#103
What an amazing OP, i already wrote some goals now and this is definitely going to help me rage less and play more, and have way more fun. I always had this approach when i played\trained for other things(sports) but up until know have avoided it when it came to SC2 for some weird reason.
"More GG More Skill" - WhiteRa
shrinkmaster
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany947 Posts
August 14 2010 17:20 GMT
#104
Wow so much insight in this one post. Thank you so much op.

I definitely had those "in the zone" moments while i was playing counterstrike a few years ago and it felt just great. I played for hours and hours and there was only me and the game. If i remember correct i sadly never achieved this state in a clanwar. Maybe because 4 other guys were screaming in battlecom ^^
Voltaire: The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it.
Tiazi
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands761 Posts
August 14 2010 19:37 GMT
#105
Very nice read. Thanks retro-noob.
"A brilliant yet deluded man once said, 'Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.' Gumiho is that agent of chaos." -monk
im a roc
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States745 Posts
August 14 2010 19:51 GMT
#106
This is a lot of help. I've had some freaky psychological thing the last few weeks where I can't bring myself to play more than one 1v1 in a day. After reading this I feel like I can go mass game on the ladder without much worry. Thanks a lot.
Beware The Proxy Pool Rush
TheGrimace
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States929 Posts
August 14 2010 20:29 GMT
#107
Good timing for me. I've felt some anxiety while laddering after I lost my first match, but I pushed forward and my most recent game I felt the flow. I'll be reading this from time to time. Thanks!
snuze
Profile Joined June 2010
United States14 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-14 21:03:14
August 14 2010 21:02 GMT
#108
Reminds me of Stoicism... focus on the things you can control.
retro-noob
Profile Joined June 2010
110 Posts
August 15 2010 03:03 GMT
#109
On August 15 2010 06:02 snuze wrote:
Reminds me of Stoicism... focus on the things you can control.


That's a great distillation of the best parts of stoicism in my opinion.
blackodd
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden451 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-17 11:41:01
August 17 2010 09:19 GMT
#110
bump

On August 15 2010 06:02 snuze wrote:
Reminds me of Stoicism... focus on the things you can control.



Accept the things you cannot control and find the courage to change the things you can!
For I am the Queen of Blades. And none shall ever dispute my rule, again...
ashaman771
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada114 Posts
August 17 2010 12:29 GMT
#111
Great post!
The Dead Room Podcast, check it out!
rastaban
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2294 Posts
August 17 2010 21:56 GMT
#112
some useful advice here, thanks for sharing
Tyler: "...damn it, that's StarCraft. Opening doors is what we do. Being the first to find food is the greatest pleasure a player can have!"
retro-noob
Profile Joined June 2010
110 Posts
August 17 2010 22:19 GMT
#113
You're welcome, and thanks to everyone else who's saying nice things too.
Wolfpox
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada164 Posts
August 17 2010 23:41 GMT
#114
On August 08 2010 02:43 Jyvblamo wrote:
[image loading]

Unfortunately, I'm usually sitting in the anxiety corner =P


Very interesting... Usually these charts you find online are just jokes, but this is actually cool to study
[B] Butigroove wrote:[/B] Blizzard is double expanding to the natural gold base of our poor little nerd hearts.
blackodd
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden451 Posts
August 18 2010 16:05 GMT
#115
On August 18 2010 08:41 Wolfpox wrote:

Very interesting... Usually these charts you find online are just jokes, but this is actually cool to study

It's quite accurate!
Yes, when I first got to diamond (platinum) by steamrolling 5 bronze players in beta I felt very anxious because my skill was low.. so it wasn't very fun at all. Now when I got to diamond in retail it's more of an arousal = a bit stressing but not in the negative way
For I am the Queen of Blades. And none shall ever dispute my rule, again...
Fran_
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1024 Posts
August 23 2010 15:20 GMT
#116
On August 09 2010 05:05 LittleeD wrote:
I had this stage (Or something that felt similar to it) in my prime Wc3 time when I played my absolute best. Its goddamn wonderful when you feel you have 100 % control of everything.


Had the same when I played Tribes 2 competitively and after almost 5 years of playing, knowing pretty much the entire game inside out, winning tournaments all over Europe, one day, one particular ladder match, I felt then I was in complete and total control of everything. And played the best match I've ever had. Lucky I even had a replay of it! Splendid feeling.

Great post.
Siwa
Profile Joined August 2010
91 Posts
September 03 2010 16:15 GMT
#117
I also bookmarked this. Good read when you feel really down after a losing streak..
Karliath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2214 Posts
September 06 2010 10:49 GMT
#118
This is a must read. Are there any other threads like this, that deal with mentality? There was one about Sun-Tzu, but that one was kind of obvious.
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
September 06 2010 10:57 GMT
#119
haha; applying motivational psychology? ^^'
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Bair
Profile Joined May 2010
United States698 Posts
September 06 2010 11:17 GMT
#120
Between this and the MULE dance dance dance video I can usually turn around any losing streak.
In Roaches I Rust.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 535
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota60
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3966
Other Games
FrodaN979
Beastyqt515
Liquid`Hasu313
Khaldor249
olofmeister187
Livibee184
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 123
ZombieGrub66
QueenE50
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 24
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra413
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 21m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 21m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.