• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:50
CEST 19:50
KST 02:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10027 users

Real names in forums canceled - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 21 Next All
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
July 09 2010 17:34 GMT
#141
This is good news. But i still don't understand the original desicion to implement real id on forums.

I mean I cant really see how a company like Blizzard doesn't think a major change like this through?

Did they not expect the major shitstorm this would cause? The positive aspects hardly outweighted the negative ones but they sill announced it. Then just moments later does a U-turn about NOT doing without any real reason behind it.

Is this another blizzard/activition clash? Perhaps a clash between the battle.net director who came over from Xbox live and the core founding persons of Blizzard?

Such a weird situation imo.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
smileyyy
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany1816 Posts
July 09 2010 17:34 GMT
#142
On July 10 2010 02:33 jtgizmo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2010 02:29 spinesheath wrote:
So guess it's about time to say sorry to Bashiok. He was an innocent sacrifice.




I'll support that, good guy got hit with sledge hammer for wrong reasons....

Why ? he shouldnt have put all his personal data online in the first place.
Fruitseller: I feel like it's a good strategy[6Pool]. I had a lot of strategies, but I thought about it a lot and decided to 6 pool. Other people told me to 6 pool too
Hobbes.uhz
Profile Joined February 2010
United States33 Posts
July 09 2010 17:35 GMT
#143
On July 10 2010 02:32 StayFrosty wrote:
I'm glad they cancelled the plan for now. Bnet forums were about to become a shitfest.


The forums were about to become a barren wasteland.

One of the most obvious reasons for them to revert this change is the simple conclusion that if people don't like it, they wont use the forums. And what good are your new and improved forums if nobody ever posts on them. Kinda defeats the community mission doesn't it.
Buff Rock, Nerf Scissors, Papers ok
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
July 09 2010 17:35 GMT
#144
Why would you ever use bnet forums anyway? That place if full of retards. The only reason to use that would be for solving technical issues.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
HeIios
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2523 Posts
July 09 2010 17:36 GMT
#145
On July 10 2010 02:34 Odoakar wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed with all of this...everyone is happy now that RealID won't be forced on the forums, and no one seems to remember that this is still in Blizzards plans:


EVERYBODY remembers that, don't be cynical!

For now this is a small victory for the blizzard customers, and thus it's also a win for Blizzard.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
July 09 2010 17:36 GMT
#146
impressive. we won...

people shall sing about this battles for aeons to come!
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
MangoTango
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States3670 Posts
July 09 2010 17:37 GMT
#147
TL: Striking fear into the hearts of Activision since 2008.
"One fish, two fish, red fish, BLUE TANK!" - Artosis
Martinni
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada169 Posts
July 09 2010 17:37 GMT
#148
I'm impressed that all that effort actually made something happend.

Good job guys.
this is kinda like the guy that started milking and cows... what the hell was he doing?
Dugrok
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada377 Posts
July 09 2010 17:38 GMT
#149
Good work guys. I'm sure the 50 000 posts on the WoW forums probably helped too .

...no really, the initial thread has almost 2500 pages, that's like 50 000 posts. Crazyness!

I'm just really trying to figure out how these weird suggestions keep getting announced at all...I mean, it seems to me there are a lot of bad ideas coming out of Blizzard lately. At least they listen to their playerbase here and there.
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
July 09 2010 17:38 GMT
#150
On July 10 2010 02:34 Odoakar wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed with all of this...everyone is happy now that RealID won't be forced on the forums, and no one seems to remember that this is still in Blizzards plans:

'Blizzard has reserved the right to “enhance or merge the personal information collected at a Blizzard site with data from third parties. Blizzard may also provide your personal information to other companies or organizations that offer products or services that may be of interest to you.”'


That's standard fare now. They probably are sharing something with Facebook. I would think that's the end of it. I mean... what particularly senstitive data is unique to your bnet account?I guess playtime/ hardcore gamer level, but I can't see that being particularly harmful to you if it's released to a 3rd party.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
sebsation
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden33 Posts
July 09 2010 17:38 GMT
#151
oh blizzard, i can't stay mad at you.
Mike Hawk is in your mouth .
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
July 09 2010 17:38 GMT
#152
On July 10 2010 02:34 Odoakar wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed with all of this...everyone is happy now that RealID won't be forced on the forums, and no one seems to remember that this is still in Blizzards plans:

'Blizzard has reserved the right to “enhance or merge the personal information collected at a Blizzard site with data from third parties. Blizzard may also provide your personal information to other companies or organizations that offer products or services that may be of interest to you.”'


It's as if they tryied pushing through with something they knew would have fans in uproar, and when they admit they were wrong, no one will notice that other small thing they really wanted to push through in the first place

But I guess we should still see this as a good sign, Blizzard listening to their community


As I mentioned already, I think they just plan to establish the RealID system gradually. I don't think they expected that uproar, though, considering that they already work with facebook and facebook basically ignores privacy anyways, so they probably thought that people are fine with this.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Diaspora
Profile Joined April 2010
United States140 Posts
July 09 2010 17:38 GMT
#153
I'm glad they cancelled it, to bad it came at the cost of giving out a CM's personal information and people finding everything about this guys life on the blizz forums.
tonight
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States11130 Posts
July 09 2010 17:39 GMT
#154
It's a step in the right direction, but still no channels and no LAN. It's a good step for safety reasons, but not for gaming reasons.
if I come without a thing, then I come with all I need @tonightsend
Whisperish
Profile Joined June 2010
Ireland4 Posts
July 09 2010 17:40 GMT
#155
Usually you break the bad news before the good news...hopefully EU servers will be up before the week-end!
N/A
Liquid`TLO
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Germany767 Posts
July 09 2010 17:40 GMT
#156
I am kinda thinking that Bashiok might have sacrificed himself to proof the point.
At least its a nice thought and nothing we can exclude.

If I am really right, I salute to him.
Team Liquidalea iacta est
MuTT
Profile Joined July 2010
United States398 Posts
July 09 2010 17:42 GMT
#157
Wow this was the last thing i was expecting from blizzard. Maybe its because the news got involved and didn't wanna hurt the reputation of the company as a whole? Idc though woot
MC's strength: confidence weakness: over confidence
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
July 09 2010 17:42 GMT
#158
The people have spoken. But I have a feeling this may be the last victory over the evil Activision overlords of Blizzard.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Ikkath
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom54 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-09 17:45:42
July 09 2010 17:42 GMT
#159
I played devil's advocate for the idea a little bit but always thought that they would U-turn.

Glad they did.

On July 10 2010 02:40 Liquid`TLO wrote:
I am kinda thinking that Bashiok might have sacrificed himself to proof the point.
At least its a nice thought and nothing we can exclude.

If I am really right, I salute to him.


Yeah I was thinking the same thing. He seems like a level-headed guy and thus I find it hard to believe he didn't really know what would happen when he threw is name into the shitfest. It seemed like an obvious bait to me.
rjT.
Profile Joined May 2008
Italy295 Posts
July 09 2010 17:43 GMT
#160
well dome blizzard!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
UpATreeSC 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1272
actioN 468
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 199
firebathero 94
Zeus 71
Trap 41
zelot 28
soO 26
Sexy 26
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 20
JYJ 20
Shine 20
NaDa 7
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7436
qojqva2093
Dendi833
420jenkins155
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1019
Fnx 786
x6flipin349
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6280
crisheroes5663
Liquid`Hasu697
Other Games
Beastyqt667
B2W.Neo604
ceh9489
byalli368
ArmadaUGS167
KnowMe151
Khaldor137
C9.Mang0126
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 73
Trikslyr57
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV258
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH321
• StrangeGG 49
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 45
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV431
League of Legends
• Nemesis3947
• TFBlade893
Other Games
• Shiphtur331
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 10m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 10m
Stellar Fest
19h 10m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.