• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7845 users

Notable Starcraft 2 player name origins? - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Soel
Profile Joined June 2010
90 Posts
June 09 2010 23:37 GMT
#81
why do people care about the origins of nick names lol.

i bet alot of people just came up with something randomly then tried to attach meaning to it later on .
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
June 09 2010 23:38 GMT
#82
On June 10 2010 00:45 rastaban wrote:
anyone know anything regarding these:
roxisDimaga,
Artosis (is it his real name),
Idra,
Nony?

Dimaga is a slang for his real name Dmitriy.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
June 09 2010 23:40 GMT
#83
On June 10 2010 01:47 Licmyobelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 01:43 Cain0 wrote:
Is DeMuslim a Muslim, because it would be pretty stupid if he wasnt. It would be like a asian person calling himself DeChristian



His actually not muslim, he just admires the Muslims like Muhammad Ali and others.

just said it "not muslim" wow and lol

you dont actually believe that story do you.
How young did he have to be to think all muslims are boxers, especially in the light of all the british muslim tensions that have arisen in the last couple of years.
I'm suprised he has stuck with that name for this long.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
refraxion
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada88 Posts
June 10 2010 01:00 GMT
#84
On June 10 2010 01:43 Cain0 wrote:
Is DeMuslim a Muslim, because it would be pretty stupid if he wasnt. It would be like a asian person calling himself DeChristian


So Asian's can't be christians?
Deleted User 55994
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
949 Posts
June 10 2010 01:09 GMT
#85
i thought white-ras name is a play on nal-ra (he's white!)
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
June 10 2010 01:13 GMT
#86
When NonY was just a little Protoss he saved all his pocketmoney because his dream was to see the statue of liberty. But his big Protoss dad wasn't fond of the travel so he took aaaaaall the money from little Nony and spend it on booze.

Since that terrible day the little sad protoss is called No-NY
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
Rigid.BoT
Profile Joined June 2010
United States33 Posts
June 10 2010 01:26 GMT
#87
On June 10 2010 07:17 [ur]Chin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2010 05:06 evoli wrote:
How did Day9 get his name?

I was watching a daily the other day when my girlfriend strolled up and curiously watched a little bit of it with me. She asked how he picked Day9; I told her I didn't know.



[9] was his old clan and he wanted to choose a short cool name. I think night was taken or something like that so he chose day.


It was actually he was originally Day, and i think his friend or brother was like Night, if it was his brother, he obviously changed it to Tasteless. But i know he used to admire the clan [9] and he always wanted to be in it. Then he realized he could just put it in his name. He eventually joined the clan
NonY's #1 Fan
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
June 10 2010 02:36 GMT
#88
It was actually he was originally Day


Originally he was:

sean.p
sean;p
sean_p
sean'p
sean"p
sean^p
sean´p

"Of course i have a starcraft disc!"
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
KevinIX
Profile Joined October 2009
United States2472 Posts
June 10 2010 04:54 GMT
#89
Now, I need to think of a really cool name before SC2 comes out. :| just in case I get famous one day.
Liquid FIGHTING!!!
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 10 2010 23:23 GMT
#90
On June 10 2010 08:36 Sfydjklm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 21:04 7mk wrote:
Man, imagine an sc2 player with the first name Christian
now that must suck, surely he wouldnt get invited to any tournaments

Beast's first name is Christian.


I have no idea who Beast is. He must not play in many tournaments.
Point proven, hell yeah

On June 10 2010 02:36 Liquid`NonY wrote:
CauthonLuck is abbreviated to Cluck because nobody knew how to pronounce Cauthon. As to why NonY hasn't changed even though nobody knows how to pronounce NonY either, I cannot say.


Didn't you wanna name yourself Tyler in sc2 anyways?
beep boop
-orb-
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5770 Posts
June 10 2010 23:25 GMT
#91
On June 09 2010 04:45 VX14 wrote:
CauthonLuck is from the Wheel of Time series. There's a character called Mat Cauthon who is ridiculously lucky.


WHATTTTT

I've been reading the Wheel of Time and I can't believe I completely missed that connection

That's awesome
'life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery'
how sad that sc2 has no shield battery :(
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
November 16 2011 06:37 GMT
#92
I know I'm bumping a very old thread here, but I ran across something I had to ask about and I remembered there were a couple of threads on this and I figure it's better to bump since this is not thread worthy by itself. (though it is confusing/awesome)

Anyway is Losira named after the Star Trek character of the same name? This is really bugging me, there's no information in either liquipedia about his name. I've tried googling this and surprisingly cannot find anyone who has brought up this link before.

Does anyone know for sure? Am I the only one who thinks this is completely awesome?
I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
Ruscour
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
5233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-16 07:22:45
November 16 2011 07:22 GMT
#93
On November 16 2011 15:37 TheToast wrote:
I know I'm bumping a very old thread here, but I ran across something I had to ask about and I remembered there were a couple of threads on this and I figure it's better to bump since this is not thread worthy by itself. (though it is confusing/awesome)

Anyway is Losira named after the Star Trek character of the same name? This is really bugging me, there's no information in either liquipedia about his name. I've tried googling this and surprisingly cannot find anyone who has brought up this link before.

Does anyone know for sure? Am I the only one who thinks this is completely awesome?

Holy mother of god that was a necro and a half.

Does he have a Twitter? You could ask...I don't know how much exposure Korea would have to that kind of thing
theBALLS
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Singapore2935 Posts
November 16 2011 07:32 GMT
#94
This is a pretty thread to necro I like it.
If you lose the stick, you'll always have theBALLS.
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
November 16 2011 07:39 GMT
#95
You pronounce 'Nony' as Knew_knee. If you watch one of his FP BW commentaries on YT that's how he prononces it
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
TheToast
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4808 Posts
November 16 2011 15:08 GMT
#96
On November 16 2011 16:22 Ruscour wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2011 15:37 TheToast wrote:
I know I'm bumping a very old thread here, but I ran across something I had to ask about and I remembered there were a couple of threads on this and I figure it's better to bump since this is not thread worthy by itself. (though it is confusing/awesome)

Anyway is Losira named after the Star Trek character of the same name? This is really bugging me, there's no information in either liquipedia about his name. I've tried googling this and surprisingly cannot find anyone who has brought up this link before.

Does anyone know for sure? Am I the only one who thinks this is completely awesome?

Holy mother of god that was a necro and a half.

Does he have a Twitter? You could ask...I don't know how much exposure Korea would have to that kind of thing


Lol.

Dear Losira,

Are you named after the commander of a super secret military outpost whose commander configured a defense computer that almost killed Kirk right before her entire race was wiped out by a deadly plauge a few thousand years ago? It was in a cheesy 1960s American Sci Fi show.
Thanks.

I like the way the walls go out. Gives you an open feeling. Firefly's a good design. People don't appreciate the substance of things. Objects in space. People miss out on what's solid.
ileile
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden1 Post
November 16 2011 15:26 GMT
#97
First post. \o/

Anyway, about white-ra, I do believe it's because he likes the colour white, and Ra was the sun god for the ancient egyptians or something similar.

I have to ask this though. As a swede I've reacted to something about ThorZaIN's nick. Because if you take away the capital letters, the word "hora" is left, which in swedish plain and simple mean "whore". No trolling. Does anyone know more about this? Is it even intentional? It's been boggling my mind for so long, but I've never know where to ask, nor how to google it. ^^
InvXXVII
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada242 Posts
November 16 2011 15:33 GMT
#98
On November 17 2011 00:26 ileile wrote:
First post. \o/

Anyway, about white-ra, I do believe it's because he likes the colour white, and Ra was the sun god for the ancient egyptians or something similar.

I have to ask this though. As a swede I've reacted to something about ThorZaIN's nick. Because if you take away the capital letters, the word "hora" is left, which in swedish plain and simple mean "whore". No trolling. Does anyone know more about this? Is it even intentional? It's been boggling my mind for so long, but I've never know where to ask, nor how to google it. ^^


I think youre overthinking this one.
A good loser is still a loser.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
November 16 2011 15:37 GMT
#99
On November 16 2011 16:39 ProxyKnoxy wrote:
You pronounce 'Nony' as Knew_knee. If you watch one of his FP BW commentaries on YT that's how he prononces it


Thank god for this necro. I read on liquipedia he retired the name because of mispronunciation issues so I've been scared to say it out loud haha.
#2throwed
MuK_x
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
743 Posts
November 16 2011 15:38 GMT
#100
Nal_Ra korean Ra

White_Ra foreigner Ra

because he is white,thats why WhiteRa.

haaahahaa
IdrA "TT1 actually fucked up and didn't see the hatchery,so im at a really big advantage right now,assuming he reacts intelligently which is not something you should assume with TT1"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
NeuroSwarm 139
Nina 103
ViBE51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13937
910 69
NaDa 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever299
canceldota113
League of Legends
Doublelift2764
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4607
Other Games
summit1g3891
fl0m1136
FrodaN954
olofmeister783
C9.Mang0327
Liquid`Hasu321
Livibee198
ToD185
UpATreeSC63
PPMD21
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 23 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 80
• musti20045 31
• poizon28 26
• Adnapsc2 10
• RyuSc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• FirePhoenix7
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21606
• WagamamaTV560
League of Legends
• Scarra818
Other Games
• imaqtpie1026
• Shiphtur489
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 7m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 7m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 7m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 7m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.