• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:47
CEST 04:47
KST 11:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6870 users

Notable Starcraft 2 player name origins?

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
June 08 2010 19:36 GMT
#1
I'm wondering where many more notable SC2 players have gotten their names...

I'm mostly curious about:
DeMusliM (apparently his original bnet WC3 name was DeMusliMhobo or something t.t)
CauthonLuck
TheLittleOne
White-Ra

Any of these players care to shed some light?
n.Die_Jaedong <3
uiCk
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Canada1925 Posts
June 08 2010 19:37 GMT
#2
Demuslim and thelittleone are self explanatory :o
I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids
Chesner
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Iceland817 Posts
June 08 2010 19:39 GMT
#3
TLO's brother was TheBigOne so he chose TheLittleOne afaik
PENGUINS
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 19:41:06
June 08 2010 19:39 GMT
#4
thelittleone - thebigone are brothers
demuslim - in a recent interview he explained it (it was around here somewhere)
white-ra - i think white was a team he was in and picked nick Ra (nal_ra his fav player i suppose?)
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
June 08 2010 19:40 GMT
#5
Ehh?? I still don't get DeMusliM's name o.O
n.Die_Jaedong <3
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
June 08 2010 19:41 GMT
#6
On June 09 2010 04:39 Chesner wrote:
TLO's brother was TheBigOne so he chose TheLittleOne afaik


I thought it had to do with what Nazgul and his team/clan at the time said to him at that one LAN. Pretty sure there's a thread about it.

They signed a tshirt for him with something along the lines of "Even small ones can accomplish big things".

This is all IIRC.
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
PredY
Profile Joined September 2009
Czech Republic1731 Posts
June 08 2010 19:43 GMT
#7
+ Show Spoiler +
So one thing I must know, what's with the ID?

Made the nick because it looked cool, and at the time I saw Muslims as boxers such as Muhammad Ali - I was very young, the ladder name stuck - I do plan on changing it, dunno what to - as I have been invited to events with the demand to change it, or excluded entirely because of it.

there you go, from British open (tournament) thread
http://www.twitch.tv/czelpredy
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 19:44:58
June 08 2010 19:44 GMT
#8
On June 09 2010 04:40 asdfTT123 wrote:
Ehh?? I still don't get DeMusliM's name o.O


I guess it means "Not MusliM" you know "de" for being a prefix of not.


lol at the guy for beating me with my assumptions
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
June 08 2010 19:45 GMT
#9
On June 09 2010 04:43 PredY wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
So one thing I must know, what's with the ID?

Made the nick because it looked cool, and at the time I saw Muslims as boxers such as Muhammad Ali - I was very young, the ladder name stuck - I do plan on changing it, dunno what to - as I have been invited to events with the demand to change it, or excluded entirely because of it.

there you go, from British open (tournament) thread


ROFL, that's hilarious...thanks.
n.Die_Jaedong <3
AdahnSC
Profile Joined March 2010
United States376 Posts
June 08 2010 19:45 GMT
#10
CauthonLuck is from the Wheel of Time series. There's a character called Mat Cauthon who is ridiculously lucky.
TBO
Profile Joined September 2009
Germany1350 Posts
June 08 2010 20:10 GMT
#11
On June 09 2010 04:41 gillon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 04:39 Chesner wrote:
TLO's brother was TheBigOne so he chose TheLittleOne afaik


I thought it had to do with what Nazgul and his team/clan at the time said to him at that one LAN. Pretty sure there's a thread about it.

They signed a tshirt for him with something along the lines of "Even small ones can accomplish big things".

This is all IIRC.


The T-Shirt story is independent from the nickname, however by coincidence it has a striking similarity.
It was basically like this, we both shared one account in Supreme Commander at start and as we bought a 2nd copy we thought it would be nice if we had similar nicknames. At start it was TheBigBrother and TheLittleBrother but there was a clan called The Big Brothers already and I wanted to avoid any confusion with them, so we changed it a bit.
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
June 08 2010 20:43 GMT
#12
On June 09 2010 05:10 TBO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 04:41 gillon wrote:
On June 09 2010 04:39 Chesner wrote:
TLO's brother was TheBigOne so he chose TheLittleOne afaik


I thought it had to do with what Nazgul and his team/clan at the time said to him at that one LAN. Pretty sure there's a thread about it.

They signed a tshirt for him with something along the lines of "Even small ones can accomplish big things".

This is all IIRC.


The T-Shirt story is independent from the nickname, however by coincidence it has a striking similarity.
It was basically like this, we both shared one account in Supreme Commander at start and as we bought a 2nd copy we thought it would be nice if we had similar nicknames. At start it was TheBigBrother and TheLittleBrother but there was a clan called The Big Brothers already and I wanted to avoid any confusion with them, so we changed it a bit.


So TheBigOne, any plans of moving from Supreme Commander to SC 2: BTL?
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Ikiron
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States88 Posts
June 08 2010 20:51 GMT
#13
If CauthonLuck is the same CauthonLuck I know that I played WoW with him lol. So if anyone knows him and can get a hold of him let me know
Why be the best when you can die like the rest.
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
June 08 2010 21:04 GMT
#14
On June 09 2010 05:10 TBO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 04:41 gillon wrote:
On June 09 2010 04:39 Chesner wrote:
TLO's brother was TheBigOne so he chose TheLittleOne afaik


I thought it had to do with what Nazgul and his team/clan at the time said to him at that one LAN. Pretty sure there's a thread about it.

They signed a tshirt for him with something along the lines of "Even small ones can accomplish big things".

This is all IIRC.


The T-Shirt story is independent from the nickname, however by coincidence it has a striking similarity.
It was basically like this, we both shared one account in Supreme Commander at start and as we bought a 2nd copy we thought it would be nice if we had similar nicknames. At start it was TheBigBrother and TheLittleBrother but there was a clan called The Big Brothers already and I wanted to avoid any confusion with them, so we changed it a bit.


Ah, ok - story was just kinda compelling and fitting that I was sure that had to be it. :p
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
abrasion
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia722 Posts
June 09 2010 10:40 GMT
#15
I can imagine demuslims name could offend some - I think he should change it (doesn't offend me but I don't see the point in potentially causing issues)
derpmods
NeoLearner
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Belgium1847 Posts
June 09 2010 11:35 GMT
#16
On June 09 2010 05:10 TBO wrote:
The T-Shirt story is independent from the nickname, however by coincidence it has a striking similarity.


You mean totally independent as in he didn't go by that nickname yet? Because then I know why Nazgul is so good, he can predict the future!

TBO and TLO, I like it One should always pay attention to the acronyms which can be made from your nickname.
Bankai - Correlation does not imply causation
Tone_
Profile Joined May 2009
United Kingdom554 Posts
June 09 2010 11:46 GMT
#17
On June 09 2010 19:40 abrasion wrote:
I can imagine demuslims name could offend some - I think he should change it (doesn't offend me but I don't see the point in potentially causing issues)


It's unbelievably ridiculously that DeMuslim's name could offend anyone.

"Not Muslim" oooooh it's got the word muslim in it, can't say that!


Would any other religion care if his name was DeTHEIRRELIGION? Would anyone at all care?
Don't you see how the prohibition of the word causes more issues than the word itself?
Hasta La Victoria Siempre | 톤
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
June 09 2010 11:50 GMT
#18
It's unbelievably ridiculously that DeMuslim's name could offend anyone.

"Not Muslim" oooooh it's got the word muslim in it, can't say that!


Would any other religion care if his name was DeTHEIRRELIGION? Would anyone at all care?
Don't you see how the prohibition of the word causes more issues than the word itself?


Maybe I should rename myself "DeJew" and since I'm german it's even more offending to people

-.-
Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-09 11:59:00
June 09 2010 11:58 GMT
#19
Name: wishbones
Origin: Basement @ Home
Lives with?: Parents (well just a mom)
Pays rent: Mmmmm next question?
Has a job: Ya, woof that was close.
Helps around the house: wtf im too busy pwning sc2! :D jk
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
June 09 2010 12:04 GMT
#20
Man, imagine an sc2 player with the first name Christian
now that must suck, surely he wouldnt get invited to any tournaments
beep boop
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17802
Rain 1565
GuemChi 716
NaDa 23
Bale 19
Dota 2
monkeys_forever476
NeuroSwarm201
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7064
taco 560
minikerr46
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1128
Mew2King98
Other Games
WinterStarcraft567
JimRising 565
C9.Mang0189
ViBE131
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick990
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 179
• davetesta36
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt297
• Lourlo151
Other Games
• Scarra959
• Shiphtur581
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 13m
INu's Battles
8h 13m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 13m
OSC
19h 28m
Replay Cast
20h 13m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.