• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:48
CEST 11:48
KST 18:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7668 users

Funny opponent quotes. - Page 51

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 70 Next
nGBeast
Profile Joined July 2010
United States914 Posts
October 27 2010 06:40 GMT
#1001
[image loading]

lmao so great
FetTerBender
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany1393 Posts
October 27 2010 07:55 GMT
#1002
I was playing random and got Protoss, my opponent was Terran. When i went for forge to fastexpo, i saw with my scout his rax was pretty late and started to cannonrush him.

After the cannonrush was a success, he wrote:

"Scheiß Jude"
"Leute wie du gehören in die Kammer"

which is german and means:

"Fucking jew"
"People like you should go into the (gas) chamber"

I loled hard at the massive BM, reported him afterwards because i think this sort of BM is wayyyyy off, even from a german to a german.
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
ChimTheGrim6
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
October 27 2010 08:08 GMT
#1003
One guy said to me at the end of the game right before he left:

"People like you are the reason people from Pakistan will never play SC."

And I was wondering why someone from Pakistan would be on the NA server.
Ban me 5 times and I'll be back the 6th. Ban me 7 times and I might change my name to thanksfortheadvice. I'm bored by the way, don't take it so seriously. I do have a shitty attitude. ;)
Sc1pio
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States823 Posts
October 27 2010 08:12 GMT
#1004
[image loading]
"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's there are few. " -Shunro Suzuki | fortuna fortes adiuvat
Prixm
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden145 Posts
October 27 2010 08:32 GMT
#1005
Well, the funniest one was a simple 4-gate (was in like Silver league when I was there in the launch/beta). I was doing 4-Gate on a Terran, and when he tried to attack me before my timing rush he saw how many units I had and had to back off, then I came 1 min later to attack and he was like "How do you have so many units? FUCKING CHEATER".. And he did that until he lost etc. And the Ironic thing is that this game made me go from Silver to Plat after that same game, didnt even have to play in Gold, awesome!
Setev
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Malaysia390 Posts
October 27 2010 08:33 GMT
#1006
On October 27 2010 16:55 FetTerBender wrote:
I was playing random and got Protoss, my opponent was Terran. When i went for forge to fastexpo, i saw with my scout his rax was pretty late and started to cannonrush him.

After the cannonrush was a success, he wrote:

"Scheiß Jude"
"Leute wie du gehören in die Kammer"

which is german and means:

"Fucking jew"
"People like you should go into the (gas) chamber"

I loled hard at the massive BM, reported him afterwards because i think this sort of BM is wayyyyy off, even from a german to a german.


Sorry noob question here: What is BM???
I'm the King Of Nerds
chongu
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Malaysia2606 Posts
October 27 2010 08:35 GMT
#1007
On October 27 2010 17:33 Setev wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On October 27 2010 16:55 FetTerBender wrote:
I was playing random and got Protoss, my opponent was Terran. When i went for forge to fastexpo, i saw with my scout his rax was pretty late and started to cannonrush him.

After the cannonrush was a success, he wrote:

"Scheiß Jude"
"Leute wie du gehören in die Kammer"

which is german and means:

"Fucking jew"
"People like you should go into the (gas) chamber"

I loled hard at the massive BM, reported him afterwards because i think this sort of BM is wayyyyy off, even from a german to a german.


Sorry noob question here: What is BM???

bad manners/ed
SC2 is to BW, what coke is to wine.
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-27 09:15:02
October 27 2010 09:13 GMT
#1008
I find the funniest quotes in Desert Strike (probably the COOL BIG BATTLE BIG XPLOSIONS factor) and team games (I HAV DIMOND FREN SO WE GON WIN EVRYTHING LOLO).

The best ones are when I say something like, "lol k thast' nice" and I get jumped on for misspelling "that's," when the guy who's pointing it out tlks lik this. Second best is when you called called a fag, because you can spend the rest of the game trying to make him as uncomfortable as possible by playing the "Yes I am gay, now take off your pants" card.

Random "WELL AT LEAST I'M NOT A VIRGIN" comments are pretty funny too, because they're just so off-topic and it's obvious there's an angry 8th-grader smashing these comments out on his dad's Dell.

edit#2:// nvm the mentally disabled are cool
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
S3nsenmann
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany12 Posts
October 27 2010 09:19 GMT
#1009
Yesterday a guy tried to proberush me, but I was able to focus attack his probes down, since SCVs are a bit stronger.
After that he just wrote "f*cking SCVs are way too overpowered" and left
RainPTR
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia8 Posts
October 27 2010 15:39 GMT
#1010
I got Drone rushed but held it off with some micro and came out with several drones on top.

me: Maybe you should have used SCVs.
him: I don't need someone like you telling me how to worker rush you stupid noob.
him: I won over 40 games today with it.
him has left the game.
Darcikon
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom16 Posts
October 28 2010 22:37 GMT
#1011
I was doing a 2v2 as random with my friend who plays Protoss.

After killing a large chunk of my army one of the opponents says:
"You suck like my grandma"
I immediately responded with "Can I meet her?"

There was no further outbursts from him.

We then went on to utterly destroy them. While they were concentrating on destroying my main, our armies were destroying their bases.

As their building fell I typed simply "So.... this grandma of yours..."
*Opponent was defeated*

I would have Just stayed quiet but I hate BM and was pleased that we served justice.
En taro Tassadar, enemy
arterian
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-28 22:45:00
October 28 2010 22:42 GMT
#1012
[image loading]


read bottom to top

pretty sure he was trolling but i still found it funny
http://www.twitch.tv/arterian
mDuo13
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States307 Posts
October 28 2010 22:52 GMT
#1013
I was playing a 3v3 not long after I and some friends had gotten the game. 2 of our opponents dropped during loading, but surprisingly the remaining player didn't quit, and instead wished he was Korean and gave it his all.

A few minutes later, right as we were considering pushing out, he says, "enjoy coca cola" and marches into our base with 15+ battlecruisers, which come within INCHES of wiping out everything we have.

I still respect that guy for being a sport, and "enjoy coca cola" will forever become to me the battle cry of a doomed but formidable effort.
Quzzie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden25 Posts
October 28 2010 23:10 GMT
#1014
On September 11 2010 06:22 GoSu] wrote:
Offensive gg isn't BM or anything. It's when the player winning has clearly won, and thought it was a good game.
gg means good game.
Nothing more, nothing less.


I think it's been discussed in a million different threads so I won't derail this one but I consider it BM.
ERGO
Profile Joined October 2008
United States168 Posts
October 28 2010 23:34 GMT
#1015
On October 29 2010 08:10 Quzzie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 11 2010 06:22 GoSu] wrote:
Offensive gg isn't BM or anything. It's when the player winning has clearly won, and thought it was a good game.
gg means good game.
Nothing more, nothing less.


I think it's been discussed in a million different threads so I won't derail this one but I consider it BM.


Pretty sure that
1: most of the community agrees that offensive gg is BM and even more importantly
2: most people who have gg'd offensively meant it as BM.




Today, as protoss, the zerg is being real talkative. Nice conversation. Then he says "GG you played well." to which I reply "hmmm?" I got into his base and saw zero drones, on scrap station. Giggled a little as he runs into my base and attacks one of two pylons powering my gateway. He says something about how he just won. Zealot pops out, I bring a little over half my probes. Micro my zealot a little bit, he kills the half my probes I brought and I kill everything he brought. Then I say "hmmm?" and he gets a little defensive, he doesn't realize that he just lost. He says "how many drones you got? *workers." I respond "12." Then I go kill him off 3 warpgates.
Never.enough - Nicht.genug
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12061 Posts
October 28 2010 23:46 GMT
#1016
On October 29 2010 07:52 mDuo13 wrote:
I was playing a 3v3 not long after I and some friends had gotten the game. 2 of our opponents dropped during loading, but surprisingly the remaining player didn't quit, and instead wished he was Korean and gave it his all.

A few minutes later, right as we were considering pushing out, he says, "enjoy coca cola" and marches into our base with 15+ battlecruisers, which come within INCHES of wiping out everything we have.

I still respect that guy for being a sport, and "enjoy coca cola" will forever become to me the battle cry of a doomed but formidable effort.


That guy sounds like a real hero, not only did he get 15 battlecruisers, but enjoy coca cola as he flies in just made me burst out laughing there.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
October 29 2010 00:09 GMT
#1017
I've said some stuff that could qualify for this... I get angry when I lose to something I know I should have beaten, and when I face something that I really can't take seriously.

My best opponent quote, however, is from a Terran on Jungle Basin. I was on three bases to his two and had 8+ WGs out. We had a major battle in which both of us lost everything, and I pushed into his main with a massive army a few production cycles later and killed everything. His response?

"you hack?"
(I respond "?")
"fuck you"

And he left. I'm still wondering what kind of hack I used to build 8 WGs. Probably a dischack, seeing how fast he left.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
Beavers
Profile Joined October 2010
3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-29 00:52:27
October 29 2010 00:48 GMT
#1018
Amazing, but this happened in my first game after reading this entire thread. Thought i'd better sign up and share!

tvt silver matchup on Scrap Station, guy 3 rax proxy rushes me from out of nowhere (i suck) with 20 rines (no stim, no ups, nothing but rines from 4 normal barracks, 3 of which were out of sight behind my natural).

He should of taken me out easily, but goes for the unit making structures before the scvs. He doesn't seem to notice me shift off to the island with the cc I'd been building in base for the FE with 2 'vac-load of svcs whilst i distract him with my main OC flying down towards the expo behind the rock on my side... which naturally he follows and kills with ease whilst it's still in the air. As i'm running, i build a cheeky PF on the gold too, which he also sacks, but by then it's too late... he's left his rear unattended and cause everything he had was at the gold PF, i take out his 20 scvs and only OC with 4 landed vikings :D

from there on i have air control and in my slow noobish way i eventually grind it back from certain death to a victory... when the BM and pauses kick in :D

(start at the bottom!)

[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


[image loading]


I do have a replay of this which i could probably youtube, but im a shite player and it's about 20 mins long even at 2/4x speed
Tossi83
Profile Joined April 2010
Poland24 Posts
October 29 2010 10:23 GMT
#1019
I just had this game. It was TvP, I poked with 3 mara at start at his base then scout with reaper and as I see robotics I decide to mass from 4 rax. When I gather some force I go to his base just when he tries to establish an expo in his nat, crush his forces and contain him while adding starport to my base with reactor from factory and start producing lot of medivacs and continue to mass a bio army. When I have decent force I start an expo at nat, poke at his base, and chip away some of his army and then move back to not be obliterated in choke by collosi. After some seconds I see from him:

"Who am I kidding, GG"

and then he leaves.

Omg it felt soooooo good when he admited his loss and it made my day
... lurking in the shadows.
Immaterial
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada510 Posts
October 29 2010 23:25 GMT
#1020
This was on a friends account. The guy refused to believe that I wasn't 4gating.

[image loading]
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 70 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10354
Rain 3257
soO 430
BeSt 395
Stork 386
Soulkey 344
Soma 316
Rush 224
firebathero 216
Barracks 157
[ Show more ]
Sexy 82
Shinee 44
Killer 33
Shine 24
sorry 24
HiyA 22
Sharp 20
Sacsri 18
hero 16
yabsab 16
Hm[arnc] 15
Terrorterran 10
zelot 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc5291
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King130
Other Games
gofns34305
singsing1090
Pyrionflax197
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 3
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 51
• 3DClanTV 46
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV156
League of Legends
• Jankos2681
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12m
CranKy Ducklings5
Patches Events
5h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 12m
OSC
13h 12m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.