• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:45
CEST 12:45
KST 19:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7552 users

Funny opponent quotes. - Page 52

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 70 Next
.Aar
Profile Joined September 2010
2177 Posts
October 30 2010 01:42 GMT
#1021
On October 29 2010 07:52 mDuo13 wrote:
I was playing a 3v3 not long after I and some friends had gotten the game. 2 of our opponents dropped during loading, but surprisingly the remaining player didn't quit, and instead wished he was Korean and gave it his all.

A few minutes later, right as we were considering pushing out, he says, "enjoy coca cola" and marches into our base with 15+ battlecruisers, which come within INCHES of wiping out everything we have.

I still respect that guy for being a sport, and "enjoy coca cola" will forever become to me the battle cry of a doomed but formidable effort.


I'm going to use that from now on. That guy is a winner.

Figuratively, of course.
now run into the setting sun, and suffer, but don't mess up your hair.
jere
Profile Joined September 2010
United States121 Posts
October 30 2010 05:38 GMT
#1022
Not a quote but something I thought I would never see.

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Thats right a self nuke.
Askesis
Profile Joined September 2010
216 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-30 07:02:09
October 30 2010 05:48 GMT
#1023
The funniest I can remember was a ladder game PvP. Sequence of events go something like this:

me: gl hf
him: yea gl, as long as you don't cannon rush
me: better scout good

So I decide I'm going to mess with his head. As he's scouting I throw down a forge. As soon as the probe is gone, I cancel and go into 4-gate. I build a pylon at his mineral line to sell the rush and let him kill it.

In movie-like timing, he makes a comment the very instant my 8 stalkers are hitting his ramp:
him: lol looks like your cannon rush failed
me: what cannon rush? :o
him: doh

He had four cannons at his Nexus, all powered by the same lone pylon, which was easily sniped.
exezelot
Profile Joined May 2010
United States26 Posts
October 30 2010 07:31 GMT
#1024
I opened blink stalkers against a T that went literally only maurders and medivacs. That wasn't too fun, so i transitioned right into storm and Templar Zealot. As i was destroying his 12 barracks with zealots, he commented "Such a newbie tactic, mass zealot" and then leaves. I even had templars in his base...
FrayzZeUsher
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States225 Posts
October 30 2010 08:00 GMT
#1025
"Are you ready"

"for the hurricane?"
ruxin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States183 Posts
October 30 2010 09:26 GMT
#1026
any other ragers out there look through this thread 99% sure you're going to find a screenshot of you raging on someone?
KingVietKong
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States170 Posts
October 30 2010 10:24 GMT
#1027
Won after some muta harass, opponent said:

gg, annoying bastard

Not really sure if that's bm or not honestly.
Fanciful
Profile Joined March 2010
United States59 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-31 00:57:08
October 31 2010 00:56 GMT
#1028
[image loading]

[image loading]

LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-31 01:02:10
October 31 2010 01:00 GMT
#1029
On October 30 2010 19:24 KingVietKong wrote:
Won after some muta harass, opponent said:

gg, annoying bastard

Not really sure if that's bm or not honestly.

Sounds like a playful insult, like when you're at an arcade and you're kicking someone's ass at Street Fighter 4 and he's says, "wow you dick," after you get a nice sweep kick on him. Still a little grey.

Here's mine
"not even good, you used infester cheese"

Apparently, destroying someone's muta and speedling harass with infesters 10-15 minutes into the game is cheese.
Fanciful
Profile Joined March 2010
United States59 Posts
October 31 2010 01:01 GMT
#1030
On October 30 2010 14:48 Askesis wrote:
The funniest I can remember was a ladder game PvP. Sequence of events go something like this:

me: gl hf
him: yea gl, as long as you don't cannon rush
me: better scout good

So I decide I'm going to mess with his head. As he's scouting I throw down a forge. As soon as the probe is gone, I cancel and go into 4-gate. I build a pylon at his mineral line to sell the rush and let him kill it.

In movie-like timing, he makes a comment the very instant my 8 stalkers are hitting his ramp:
him: lol looks like your cannon rush failed
me: what cannon rush? :o
him: doh

He had four cannons at his Nexus, all powered by the same lone pylon, which was easily sniped.



This is awesome
FreezingAssassin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States455 Posts
October 31 2010 01:37 GMT
#1031
Only one i can remember was a PvZ on Steppes. I go 3wg+1 push. Starting with 2gate pressure. It was decently fast to because i kept chronoing +1 But i go to attack his main and he send all his lings with a queen and 1 spine crawlers agaisnt my 7ish zlots with +1 I move zlots back to be out of spines attack and he just continues to attack while i kill all his Lings.

Him; wow zealots are so imba
me: they have +1....
he rages some more and leaves.

This was 1st zerg tear i collected from zerg rage
"I love when stupid stuff happens, it makes me look smart" - IdrA
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
October 31 2010 01:47 GMT
#1032
On October 30 2010 19:24 KingVietKong wrote:
Won after some muta harass, opponent said:

gg, annoying bastard

Not really sure if that's bm or not honestly.


Thats more of a compliment Id say
nhika
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11 Posts
October 31 2010 07:07 GMT
#1033
Opponent : GL HF
Nhi : . . bad luck, go die punk, i'm going to pwn you
Opponent : !??!?!

LOL! xD

I hate how GG is so overused now. . I mean seriously, even copper players say it lol
<3 anime
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
October 31 2010 07:25 GMT
#1034
On October 31 2010 16:07 nhika wrote:
Opponent : GL HF
Nhi : . . bad luck, go die punk, i'm going to pwn you
Opponent : !??!?!

LOL! xD

I hate how GG is so overused now. . I mean seriously, even copper players say it lol


As I understand, this thread is there to make fun of people like you? :p
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-31 07:44:45
October 31 2010 07:36 GMT
#1035
On October 30 2010 08:25 Immaterial wrote:
This was on a friends account. The guy refused to believe that I wasn't 4gating.

[image loading]


This happens to me quite often,too.
I go 3Gate with light agression into FE. My opponent cant hold the 3 gate aggression and dies to it and start insulting me how all my games are ONLY 4Gate and how I will lose when I reach higher diamond etc... I always tell them it was a 3gate and that I dont know how they want to ever hold a 4gate at their higher diamond when they cannot hold 3gate FE... Most times they say "ok, gg" and leave. Sometimes it goes on until I killed his lifted off buildings all over the map. Some people on ladder are really strange
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
DragonDefonce
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States790 Posts
October 31 2010 07:55 GMT
#1036
I 2 gated verses a zerg on Lost Temple. Killed his natural hatch, lots of drones, spine crawlers, queens, lings, etc. I was way a head. I expanded and defended while pumping out 2 stargate phoenixes, just to be safe, and basically killed all of his overlords and most of his drones. I move out for final push, and the zerg says

"yeah we all know zerg sucks, thanks"

guess he doesn't go on any forums, cause he must not have seen the zerg imba threads
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
October 31 2010 08:23 GMT
#1037
Opponent: "I can't wait until that 4wg shit is nerfed"
Opponent has left the game!

He didn't give me enough time to tell him that it was a 1gate fe, into warpgate push.
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
bone577
Profile Joined December 2005
Australia65 Posts
October 31 2010 09:33 GMT
#1038
Like the toss above. Happens pretty often. Fast expanded and then had my opponent tell me that "it's such a shame that someone as bad as you can just 4 warpgate and win all the time"

My 4 warpgate was to FE and then tech to templars...
Regstata
Profile Joined October 2010
United States207 Posts
October 31 2010 10:02 GMT
#1039
Opponent: "show me the money"
Me: "I'm not the SC1 campaign"

I really want to, but have not been able to, pull this one off. I have always wanted to play someone and be winning by a large enough amount so that I can hide about 5 starports and make 15 battlecruisers. when they come to attack my base I will let them start killing off buildings and say "ggg." I expect them to respond with "?" or accept my seemingly typo-ed gg. then I reveal my fleet of battlecruisers on their base and say "g g g...G-unit*"
mineraahhhllllllsss
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-31 15:01:28
October 31 2010 15:00 GMT
#1040
2v2
my teammate: what is your plan?
me: mutas
he: and if they rush?
me: I dont ONLY build mutas.
he: ok
Prev 1 50 51 52 53 54 70 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs AzuraLIVE!
herO vs HackErIsTopLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings103
CranKy Ducklings SOOP47
SHIN 45
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 262
ByuN 229
mouzHeroMarine 121
SHIN 45
MindelVK 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41052
Calm 9896
Rain 2834
soO 898
BeSt 698
FanTaSy 649
Bisu 438
Stork 399
Soulkey 357
Soma 299
[ Show more ]
Rush 244
firebathero 228
Last 106
Barracks 100
Pusan 74
Mind 70
Light 66
Shinee 48
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 47
Snow 34
Sharp 32
Killer 31
hero 22
Sacsri 22
Terrorterran 22
HiyA 21
sorry 18
Shine 17
Hm[arnc] 16
Trap 16
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 7
Mong 5
scan(afreeca) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc6268
League of Legends
Reynor50
Counter-Strike
byalli650
x6flipin47
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King114
Other Games
gofns44849
singsing1836
Pyrionflax231
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 69
• Dystopia_ 2
• Gemini_19 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV376
League of Legends
• Jankos3239
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
8h 15m
OSC
12h 15m
OSC
1d 1h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.