• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8094 users

Beta Key Scholarship - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
mOnion
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5660 Posts
April 20 2010 17:37 GMT
#21
i nominate viscral for being genuinely thankful, and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have a key since he's still playing BW (who does that???)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120255
☆★☆ 7486!!! Join the Ban mOnion Anti-Trolling Initiative! - Caller | "on a scale of machine to 10, how bad is that Zerg?" - LZgamer | you are the new tl.net bonjwa monion, congrats - Rekrul | "Cheeseburgers dynamite lilacs" - Chill
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8180 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 17:38:01
April 20 2010 17:37 GMT
#22
what's the cutoff for "new?"
Free Palestine
Sfydjklm
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
United States9218 Posts
April 20 2010 17:38 GMT
#23
aww what a banner.
twitter.com/therealdhalism | "Trying out Z = lots of losses vs inferior players until you figure out how to do it well (if it even works)."- Liquid'Tyler
SleepSheep
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada344 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 17:44:58
April 20 2010 17:39 GMT
#24
thats cool aether, i admit i read your post before and just ignored it assuming it was just another noob posting about something that's already been discussed before. i also saw some posts there that indicated a similar assumption. i think that's definitely a good lesson for me to pay attention more instead of blindly assuming things
Mortis
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States217 Posts
April 20 2010 17:42 GMT
#25
On April 21 2010 02:37 bedovande wrote:
I think there are many of you people that write in the forum that already have a beta key. so there is impossible to get a beta key, but i realy need one all of my friend and all im my clan have, and im still waiting for a beta invite. please liquid give me one.


Sadly, that's not the case. If you look here http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=119864 this breaks down the forums make-up of players with and without a key. Granted, I'm sure there's lots of new users simply because TL started giving out keys which would inflate the numbers, but still.
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 20 2010 17:43 GMT
#26
Congratulations to Aether, you really deserved a key.
This is a really cool idea, Intrigue. Hope it stirs up a lot of awesome stuff!
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
Therapist.
Profile Joined January 2009
United States207 Posts
April 20 2010 17:43 GMT
#27
I'm a pretty quiet guy, but I need one. Not that I've done anything to deserve one, but I guess I'll have to try.
BasedSwag
Profile Joined April 2010
Algeria418 Posts
April 20 2010 17:44 GMT
#28
On April 21 2010 02:43 Therapist. wrote:
I'm a pretty quiet guy, but I need one. Not that I've done anything to deserve one, but I guess I'll have to try.


I doubt you'll get one if you can't even take the time to read the post..
Therapist.
Profile Joined January 2009
United States207 Posts
April 20 2010 17:45 GMT
#29
I guess you're assuming I'm saying "plz give me a key, i'll contribute i promise!" I'm not. I just posted harmlessly.
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
April 20 2010 17:46 GMT
#30
This is a great idea to lend additional incentive to create great posts! Good luck to everybody and may the brilliance of each new thread bloom like a million rutabagas.
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 17:50:25
April 20 2010 17:47 GMT
#31
I too was wondering what the cut-off is for "new posters"?

EDIT: also, don't you think it will be difficult for those of us who don't have a beta key to contribute because of the knowledge differential?
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
April 20 2010 17:50 GMT
#32
I'd like to nominate indecisivepenguin for a possible scholarship. He seems like a really genuine guy and I think he would be very gracious if you even just considered him. Congrats Aether on getting a key!
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
AeroGear
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-20 17:53:09
April 20 2010 17:52 GMT
#33
On April 21 2010 02:27 Soet wrote:
Just one question is it the same Aether that used to play wc3 as ud ´back in the oldschool days? anyone knows


I'm curious to know that as well, altough I know him back from BW under the Aether-X tag.
Driven by hate, fueled by rage
Mortis
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States217 Posts
April 20 2010 17:54 GMT
#34
On April 21 2010 02:47 BDF92 wrote:
I too was wondering what the cut-off is for "new posters"?

EDIT: also, don't you think it will be difficult for those of us who don't have a beta key to contribute because of the knowledge differential?


He did mention good and/or thoughtful posts, as well. I don't have a key and have just indulged myself in SC2 videos, mainly Husky and HDstarcraft's youtube channels, not to mention various other posts here on the forum itself. I feel the key here is to at least try to contribute to the community and help out, and not just say "giev ky plz" and then bounce once you've gotten a key.
CheAse
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada919 Posts
April 20 2010 17:54 GMT
#35
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 21 2010 02:22 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2010 02:18 ComradeDover wrote:
Have you caught my thread on Supply Drop? :S

I would also like to nominate myself.


I second this nomination
SCV good to go sir
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
April 20 2010 17:57 GMT
#36
After reading that thread he definitely deserves it. Congratulations
Life is Good.
Late
Profile Joined August 2007
Latvia418 Posts
April 20 2010 17:57 GMT
#37
On April 21 2010 02:37 mOnion wrote:
i nominate viscral for being genuinely thankful, and i'm pretty sure he doesn't have a key since he's still playing BW (who does that???)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120255


I second this nomination. A NEW user with only two posts and he indeed genuinely expressed his thankfulness to the people here at TL.net. Such people make stuff worth doing.
atarianimo
Profile Joined June 2007
United States82 Posts
April 20 2010 17:59 GMT
#38
On April 21 2010 02:54 CheAse wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 21 2010 02:22 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2010 02:18 ComradeDover wrote:
Have you caught my thread on Supply Drop? :S

I would also like to nominate myself.


I second this nomination


Chill needs a 2nd beta key so he doesn't get left out when he's casting a tourney and everyone switches to the European server.
Vearaz
Profile Joined April 2010
Spain13 Posts
April 20 2010 18:05 GMT
#39
Inori made a very nice utility here:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=116184

Maybe he already has a beta key but you could offer him another one for a friend
Reborn8u
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1761 Posts
April 20 2010 18:32 GMT
#40
I nominate MAnifesto7 for never missing one of my ban-worthy posts ;P
:)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4853
Leta 1852
Shuttle 1725
BeSt 394
Soma 123
Soulkey 63
ZergMaN 57
sorry 43
Shine 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King50
Other Games
summit1g8211
WinterStarcraft668
Sick210
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Rush1157
• Lourlo1116
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 50m
Patches Events
7h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 50m
OSC
15h 50m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.