• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:33
CEST 16:33
KST 23:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8621 users

Beta Key Scholarship - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Z3kk
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4099 Posts
April 21 2010 22:55 GMT
#121
Whoa! This is the greatest gift I've received in a long time! :D Probably the first gift from (almost ^3^) total strangers! Thanks so much for the nomination XD! As dudeman just stated, I'll try my best to figure out the magic that is StarCraft II, and maybe reveal all I know about it! Thanks so much!

And yes, I happen to have noticed as well that I've ended every sentence with an exclamation point!! I should totally drop the insignificant little games I dabble in and devote my fun time to StarCraft!! Good luck to everyone who's still trying for one!!!
Failure is not falling down over and over again. Failure is refusing to get back up.
Housemd
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1407 Posts
April 21 2010 23:00 GMT
#122
On April 22 2010 07:55 Z3kk wrote:
Whoa! This is the greatest gift I've received in a long time! :D Probably the first gift from (almost ^3^) total strangers! Thanks so much for the nomination XD! As dudeman just stated, I'll try my best to figure out the magic that is StarCraft II, and maybe reveal all I know about it! Thanks so much!

And yes, I happen to have noticed as well that I've ended every sentence with an exclamation point!! I should totally drop the insignificant little games I dabble in and devote my fun time to StarCraft!! Good luck to everyone who's still trying for one!!!



I'm sure that you will do excellent work in the field of Starcraft 2, and hopefully we hear more from you. GL and HF!!!
Fantasy is a beast
eternalgamer
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada11 Posts
April 22 2010 01:26 GMT
#123
I'm finding myself only entering the random draws because I'm so lost when it comes to the trivia, scavenger hunt etc. contests. Have to keep my spirits high if I'm going to win a key

I'll keep my eye out for good posters to nominate.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-23 17:29:37
April 23 2010 17:24 GMT
#124
golden ghost! woohoo

and another one too
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Housemd
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1407 Posts
April 23 2010 20:43 GMT
#125
OMG!! i got a beta key and first off would like to thank ALL of the TL.NET staff and users for making this dream a reality. I will continue to post to the best of my abilities and have a passion for the TL.net staff. Every user her has made a commitment inside themselves to improve this site and i hope that i can continue that legacy.

So again, ty all and keep making this site the best it can be.

See you guys on b.net
Fantasy is a beast
Golden Ghost
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands1041 Posts
April 24 2010 08:41 GMT
#126
I'm really excited I got a key. I never expected it and I had to read the message from Intrigue several times to take it in. So Intrigue thanks a lot. I guess now I HAVE to keep posting on what I can as best as I can
Life is to give and take. You take a vacation and you give to the poor.
Omar91
Profile Joined April 2010
Angola620 Posts
April 24 2010 08:58 GMT
#127
This is me right now knowing that I'll never get the opportunity to play in the beta because I'm neither a fast uber googler for the scavenger hunts, or a good contributor like the people that one the keys in this thread. [image loading]

Good luck to everyone getting a key
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
April 24 2010 09:08 GMT
#128
On April 24 2010 05:43 Housemd wrote:
OMG!! i got a beta key and first off would like to thank ALL of the TL.NET staff and users for making this dream a reality. I will continue to post to the best of my abilities and have a passion for the TL.net staff. Every user her has made a commitment inside themselves to improve this site and i hope that i can continue that legacy.

So again, ty all and keep making this site the best it can be.

See you guys on b.net

Gratz man!!!
*Envy*
ExecutioN
Profile Joined March 2010
Latvia52 Posts
April 24 2010 09:40 GMT
#129
I must say.. the community in TL can be a bit rough.. But, you get used to it quick and then it feels like family ^_^.
If I lack belief in God, why would he belive in me?
FarbrorAbavna
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden4856 Posts
April 24 2010 10:19 GMT
#130
Great stuff seeing people get recognition and the chance for some beta goodness.
Do you really want chat rooms?
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
April 24 2010 14:07 GMT
#131
On April 21 2010 02:22 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2010 02:18 ComradeDover wrote:
Have you caught my thread on Supply Drop? :S

I would also like to nominate myself.


You already have one silly.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
April 24 2010 18:08 GMT
#132
aww yeah gurl another 1, the descriptions are getting shorter but i'm still looking!
Moderatorsloppy little slug
Omar91
Profile Joined April 2010
Angola620 Posts
April 24 2010 18:13 GMT
#133
On April 25 2010 03:08 intrigue wrote:
aww yeah gurl another 1, the descriptions are getting shorter but i'm still looking!


Are you giving them to random folks ?
Shouryu
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway132 Posts
April 24 2010 18:20 GMT
#134
On April 24 2010 18:40 ExecutioN wrote:
I must say.. the community in TL can be a bit rough.. But, you get used to it quick and then it feels like family ^_^.

TL.net makes me like it rough?
</post>
Omar91
Profile Joined April 2010
Angola620 Posts
April 24 2010 18:22 GMT
#135
On April 25 2010 03:20 Shouryu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 24 2010 18:40 ExecutioN wrote:
I must say.. the community in TL can be a bit rough.. But, you get used to it quick and then it feels like family ^_^.

TL.net makes me like it rough?


Ugh dude that sounded dirty ...
roark
Profile Joined April 2010
United States187 Posts
April 24 2010 18:40 GMT
#136
I'm RoarK. I recently ran this thread\contest to give-away one of my own keys. I saw this thread and thought it might be a great way to help get more people into this awesome beta by nominating:

Axonn

He made several very helpful and insightful posts regarding how I should structure the contest to make it fair and worthwhile to all who entered.

Though he is young and new to TL you can see in the thread that his post are helpful and beneficial to the concept of community that TL.net strives for.

Below is his post and why I chose to nominate him:

+ Show Spoiler +
On April 23 2010 04:32 roark wrote:
I'm not entirely sure on the random number thing myself. My thought was to do one of two things:

1. Start a new thread. Leave that thread open for a period of time, say 3 hours. Then generate a number between 1 and the last post. The random number will correlate to a post # "x". Whoever was the "x" poster will winn.

2. Allow everyone to choose a number, between a certain number range. Ex: 1-1000. Generate the number. Winner is the poster closest to the # generated.

NOTE: Added to OP.


If you are going to do the 1st option people will post multiple times and it will be un-trackable or a bunch of work-for-nothing. But if you choose the second (or even first!) don't do it at like 03:00 CET when all fellow Europeans like myself are sleeping (not including hard core dudes).

So you may try to randomize it by selecting an accidental post in this thread or even simplier just find someone here you'd like to give a key by any criterion you want.

No one can call any of this "unfair" because giving your additional key is fair enough!
DefMatrixUltra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1992 Posts
April 24 2010 20:48 GMT
#137
I am super happy to have gotten a beta key.

But I am even happier to think that somewhere out there, someone on TL thinks that some of my posts were worth something.

I've never been a high-level SC player. My games (Quake-style FPS) have come and gone from the spotlight (both in games media and in my life personally). But SC is this irresistible concept that I cannot escape from. I think about it constantly. I think about the life-lessons held within the mechanics of this game. The lessons about decision-making, about how timing is crucial (one lesson that is especially hard to learn), about adaptation (and when not to go too far) - and so many others.

Whenever I think of Starcraft, I think of the legendary figures, moments, and events of its history. And TL is the place that ties those three things together for me - it's a place that remembers those things along with me.

I've never been a high-level SC player. But I hope to god I can do something to make this game as incredible as the first. I will do my best in the beta to ensure the success of this game and to ensure that it has a positive outcome with regards to passionate people like Day[9] and skillful masters of the "Starcraft concept" like Nony.

Thank you, TL, for being awesome.
TossPro
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway10 Posts
April 25 2010 14:19 GMT
#138
So if you find my post amusing youll hand me a key?
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Qwote
TossPro
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway10 Posts
April 25 2010 14:39 GMT
#139
On a second note why would you give out keys to those who dont deserve it? The ones that do deserve it, the real sc fans, would contribute much more. After all it is called BETA for a reason, more expirienced gamers can test it and balance it so it comes out as a more enjoyable and complete game to the public.
Qwote
Ares[Effort] *
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
DEMACIA6550 Posts
April 25 2010 20:17 GMT
#140
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120527

I'll nominate Koltz for this thread alone, hes a very smart and detailed poster. I read that thread and I learned quite a bit so yea!
Moderatorgold coin
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Railgan 95
Codebar 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 63287
Bisu 3104
FanTaSy 1185
Stork 743
Rush 558
hero 253
Snow 227
firebathero 200
Mind 104
Free 84
[ Show more ]
Last 75
Sexy 64
Sea.KH 63
Pusan 57
Sharp 57
ToSsGirL 42
Trap 33
Bale 28
Mong 25
Hm[arnc] 23
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 20
Rock 19
Aegong 17
yabsab 16
zelot 15
Noble 12
Sacsri 11
scan(afreeca) 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9058
Dendi917
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King92
Other Games
singsing2701
fl0m2388
Liquid`RaSZi1328
B2W.Neo676
Beastyqt622
Mlord409
Happy367
Khaldor333
KnowMe263
Hui .201
crisheroes191
olofmeister183
Chillindude68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV260
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• HeavenSC 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• Nemesis4226
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1322
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
BSL Open Qualifier
4h 28m
OSC
8h 28m
Replay Cast
8h 28m
OSC
21h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.