• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:50
CEST 08:50
KST 15:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7321 users

[Song] SC2 Fireflies

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 18:41:09
April 17 2010 17:00 GMT
#1
"SC2 Fireflies"
lyrics by baller
song by 7mk



+ Show Spoiler [New Lyrics] +
You would not believe the cries
Ten million Korean guys
Lit up the world in five countdown beeps
When Jae Dong goes 3-hatch lair
And Bi Su goes 1-gate sair
You'd think me rude,
But lately I just don't care

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?

Cause I'd fix a thousand bugs
Give Idra a thousand hugs
But Blizzard keeps giving noobs a chance
No more mm micro spreads,
One big control group instead,
Did you read that angry team liquid thread?

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(Should I make the leap?)

I heard that mutas now can't stack?
(Please take me away from here.)
Lings auto surround when they attack.
(Please take me away from here.)
Why are roaches so fucking cheap?
(Please take me away from here.)
Even noobs can macro in their sleep!

Ten million Korean pros
From Yo Hwan to Young Ho
I got misty eyes as they said farewell.
But I'll know where several are
Like those with sense of star
Cause I saved some reps,
And I keep them in a RAR.

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(I should make the leap)

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft Two grows quickly.
I hope this game won't fade away
And lives for ten long years
Because by then we'll have StarCraft Three

Owl City - "Fireflies" (Original Song)
+ Show Spoiler [Original Song] +
+ Show Spoiler [Original Lyrics] +
You would not believe your eyes
If ten million fireflies
Lit up the world as I fell asleep

Cause they fill the open air
And leave teardrops everywhere
You'd think me rude, but I
Would just stand and stare.

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd
Rather stay awake when I'm asleep,
Cause everything is never as it seems.

Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightening bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance.
A foxtrot above my head,
A sock-hop beneath my bed,
The disco ball is just hanging by a thread.

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd
Rather stay awake when I'm asleep,
Cause everything is never as it seems.
(When I fall asleep.)

Leave my door open just a crack.
(Please take me away from here.)
Cause I feel like such an insomniac.
(Please take me away from here.)
Why do I tire of counting sheep?
(Please take me away from here.)
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

To ten million fireflies.
I'm weird, cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell.
But I'll know where several are
If my dreams get real bizarre
Cause I saved a few,
And I keep them in a jar.

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd
Rather stay awake when I'm asleep,
Cause everything is never as it seems.
(When I fall asleep.)

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd
Rather stay awake when I'm asleep
Because my dreams are bursting at the seams


mp3 dl: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nhoy2jnzkwg
karaoke mp3: [url blocked]
beep boop
TraumisT
Profile Joined April 2010
United States37 Posts
April 17 2010 17:01 GMT
#2
Genius.
thezergk
Profile Joined October 2009
United States492 Posts
April 17 2010 17:02 GMT
#3
Omg I gotta get this on my Ipod!
Nada vs. TLO Results: "Nada 1 TLO 1 Bnet 2 KESPA 1"
Zhek
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada342 Posts
April 17 2010 17:04 GMT
#4
Good god... Can someone with actual singing talent remake this? Sorry OP, but my ears nearly bled out :/
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
April 17 2010 17:04 GMT
#5
Haha, awesome job. Very creative lyrics.

"Cause I saved some reps and I keep them in a RAR" was probably my favorite line.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Bibbit
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada5377 Posts
April 17 2010 17:04 GMT
#6
Definitely one of the better starcraft songs lyrically. Singing's pretty good as well, reminds me of Tragically Hip guy.
lew
Profile Joined April 2009
Belgium205 Posts
April 17 2010 17:05 GMT
#7
Awesome :D
mcJ
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark322 Posts
April 17 2010 17:06 GMT
#8
Beastly lyrics... Thumbs up!
StayFrosty
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada743 Posts
April 17 2010 17:06 GMT
#9
This is awesome.
Radiomouse
Profile Joined November 2009
Netherlands209 Posts
April 17 2010 17:06 GMT
#10
amazing lyrics :D
baller
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
527 Posts
April 17 2010 17:07 GMT
#11


nice job
myfriendPlank
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States550 Posts
April 17 2010 17:09 GMT
#12
Awesome XD
Saafen
Profile Joined January 2007
Sweden79 Posts
April 17 2010 17:09 GMT
#13
haha nice job! ;D
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
April 17 2010 17:09 GMT
#14
Utter genius, you ought to win one of those beta keys TL had to giveaway, brilliantly done.
Adonai bless
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
April 17 2010 17:10 GMT
#15
nice
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
April 17 2010 17:10 GMT
#16
Really creative - i don't like Owl City one bit but this was awesome!
hyst.eric.al
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States2332 Posts
April 17 2010 17:11 GMT
#17
loved the lyrics, the singing was...interesting.
Leta , BeSt, Calm fan forever! 김정우, I am sorry I ever lost faith in you.
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
April 17 2010 17:11 GMT
#18
Omg lol!
Had to lough hard at the lyrics.
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
MannerKiss
Profile Joined June 2003
United States2398 Posts
April 17 2010 17:15 GMT
#19
oh man I chuckled hard. Good job
I want an igloo.
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
April 17 2010 17:16 GMT
#20
Great work once again.
twitter: @terrancem
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2996
Rain 1698
FanTaSy 567
GuemChi 543
sSak 101
Bale 34
Hm[arnc] 33
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
Icarus 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm162
League of Legends
JimRising 592
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King176
Other Games
summit1g7824
WinterStarcraft628
KnowMe100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick716
BasetradeTV146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki33
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2207
League of Legends
• Rush1024
• Lourlo1002
• Stunt456
Other Games
• Shiphtur974
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 10m
INu's Battles
4h 10m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 10m
OSC
15h 25m
Replay Cast
16h 10m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.