• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:17
CEST 06:17
KST 13:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7069 users

[Song] SC2 Fireflies - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
April 17 2010 18:26 GMT
#61
On April 18 2010 02:04 Zhek wrote:
Good god... Can someone with actual singing talent remake this? Sorry OP, but my ears nearly bled out :/


He's a great singer, but the style doesn't fit the song.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
baller
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
527 Posts
April 17 2010 18:26 GMT
#62
here is the karaoke mp3 for any1 that wants to try themselves
[url blocked]
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
April 17 2010 18:28 GMT
#63
Anyone who thinks this guy has no talent is dumb, it's just not really a good style for the song imo. When you did the U2 parody, that fit a LOT better.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
HaruHaru
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States988 Posts
April 17 2010 18:33 GMT
#64
haha great job
Long live BroodWar!
mnc dover
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States93 Posts
April 17 2010 18:34 GMT
#65
Great song, fun lyrics, and an overall grand effort. My only fear is that people don't actually think like that way about SC2, at least, they will give it a shot before saying it's a noob-fest.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
epicdoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States489 Posts
April 17 2010 18:37 GMT
#66
I wept. Great take, I can totally relate. Love it
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
April 17 2010 18:37 GMT
#67
This is way better than original song
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
April 17 2010 18:39 GMT
#68
On April 18 2010 03:24 synapse wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On April 18 2010 02:39 7mk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:33 synapse wrote:
On April 18 2010 02:20 FrozenArbiter wrote:
On April 18 2010 02:04 Zhek wrote:
Good god... Can someone with actual singing talent remake this? Sorry OP, but my ears nearly bled out :/

I have no idea what you are talking about, I like his singing.

Awesome song imo =]


I like his voice, there are just 2-3 parts that are blatantly out of tune. I don't think it should be redone by someone else who is better at singing - instead, the OP should redo it himself with a little more attention to tone and all that jazz.


Could you tell me which parts you're talking about? Thx


Bold = errors, big and small
Italics = parts with great execution, intonation, etc.

You would not believe the cries - should be same tone as "be-" in "believe"
Ten million Korean guys
Lit up the world in five countdown beeps - semitone low
When Jae Dong goes* 3-hatch lair**
And Bi Su goes 1-gate sair
You'd think me rude,
But lately I just don't care - semitone low

* you want to emphasize this word just enough so that we can clearly hear the 1-note drop
** lair and beeps should be elongated, or else you have this awkward pause length until the next line

[And] I'd like to make myself believe - didn't quite hit these notes, semitone low i think
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play - semitone low
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?

Cause I'd fix a thousand bugs
Give Idra a thousand hugs
But Blizzard keeps giving noobs a chance
No more mm micro spreads,
One big control group instead, - semitone low
Did you read that angry* team liquid thread?

* you gave yourself a bit of pause time to make sure you hit the note for "angry" - great!

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(Should I make the leap?)

I heard that mutas now can't stack?
(Please take me away from here.)* - very shaky on intonation here
Lings auto surround when they attack.
(Please take me away from here.) v
Why are roaches so fucking cheap?
(Please take me away from here.) - the "from" especially
Even noobs can macro in their sleep**! -

* high notes, so its okay.
** here is a case where it's good that you end the phrase quickly, since it's the end of the verse

Ten million Korean pros
From Yo Hwan to Young Ho - good execution
I got misty eyes as they said farewell. - your tone dropped too low, probably to hit "eyes"
But I'll know where several are
Like those with sense of star
Cause I saved some reps,
And I keep them in a RAR.

-- from here on your intonation is fine

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(I should make the leap) - this just sounds a bit weird, not sure why.

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft Two grows quickly.
I hope this game won't fade away
And lives for ten long years
Because by then we'll have StarCraft Three

- Most of the spots where you lose your intonation are places with large jumps in notes, so it's understandable. For example, each time you have to go up and hit "I'd" in the chorus, (kind of hard to explain) instead of one exact note you shift/slide up until you think you have the correct note. This can be used for good effect (sair / care in the first verse), but can also sound bad.
- I don't exactly like whatever sound effect you used for 2nd and last verses.
- Overall, pretty good execution. It's hard to catch intonation errors by oneself.



Well, that was thorough.. thanks a lot man! really appreciate it.
Will take a closer listen at this tomorrow, for today I think I've listened to the song often enough ;p
beep boop
TurboMaN
Profile Joined October 2005
Germany925 Posts
April 17 2010 18:39 GMT
#69
Haha nice one
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
April 17 2010 18:43 GMT
#70
haahahahah this is great.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
MFRessurectMe
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden22 Posts
April 17 2010 18:46 GMT
#71
better then the original
Smooth Operator
Woija
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark61 Posts
April 17 2010 18:47 GMT
#72
Big probs from here!
told u I was hardcore
Emon_
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
3925 Posts
April 17 2010 18:50 GMT
#73
awesome!!!! Love it! Hug Idras yo!
"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully" -GWB ||
Evoeco
Profile Joined April 2010
United States4 Posts
April 17 2010 18:51 GMT
#74
So epic!
Nerd rage- ENGAGE!
OmgIRok
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Taiwan2699 Posts
April 17 2010 18:57 GMT
#75
damn the lyrics are so good
but the person singing has too deep a voice meh :\
good job though i like it
"Wanna join my [combo] clan?" "We play turret d competitively"
Tyrannon
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany113 Posts
April 17 2010 20:00 GMT
#76
Geiles Ding!
iPlod
Profile Joined June 2009
United States46 Posts
April 17 2010 20:12 GMT
#77
This....is....amazing.

"Give idra a thousand hugs." Makes me laugh so much every time. Downloaded and saved for life!
Give idra a thousand hugs.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 20:36:11
April 17 2010 20:24 GMT
#78
On April 18 2010 03:39 7mk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 03:24 synapse wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On April 18 2010 02:39 7mk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:33 synapse wrote:
On April 18 2010 02:20 FrozenArbiter wrote:
On April 18 2010 02:04 Zhek wrote:
Good god... Can someone with actual singing talent remake this? Sorry OP, but my ears nearly bled out :/

I have no idea what you are talking about, I like his singing.

Awesome song imo =]


I like his voice, there are just 2-3 parts that are blatantly out of tune. I don't think it should be redone by someone else who is better at singing - instead, the OP should redo it himself with a little more attention to tone and all that jazz.


Could you tell me which parts you're talking about? Thx


Bold = errors, big and small
Italics = parts with great execution, intonation, etc.

You would not believe the cries - should be same tone as "be-" in "believe"
Ten million Korean guys
Lit up the world in five countdown beeps - semitone low
When Jae Dong goes* 3-hatch lair**
And Bi Su goes 1-gate sair
You'd think me rude,
But lately I just don't care - semitone low

* you want to emphasize this word just enough so that we can clearly hear the 1-note drop
** lair and beeps should be elongated, or else you have this awkward pause length until the next line

[And] I'd like to make myself believe - didn't quite hit these notes, semitone low i think
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play - semitone low
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?

Cause I'd fix a thousand bugs
Give Idra a thousand hugs
But Blizzard keeps giving noobs a chance
No more mm micro spreads,
One big control group instead, - semitone low
Did you read that angry* team liquid thread?

* you gave yourself a bit of pause time to make sure you hit the note for "angry" - great!

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(Should I make the leap?)

I heard that mutas now can't stack?
(Please take me away from here.)* - very shaky on intonation here
Lings auto surround when they attack.
(Please take me away from here.) v
Why are roaches so fucking cheap?
(Please take me away from here.) - the "from" especially
Even noobs can macro in their sleep**! -

* high notes, so its okay.
** here is a case where it's good that you end the phrase quickly, since it's the end of the verse

Ten million Korean pros
From Yo Hwan to Young Ho - good execution
I got misty eyes as they said farewell. - your tone dropped too low, probably to hit "eyes"
But I'll know where several are
Like those with sense of star
Cause I saved some reps,
And I keep them in a RAR.

-- from here on your intonation is fine

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(I should make the leap) - this just sounds a bit weird, not sure why.

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft Two grows quickly.
I hope this game won't fade away
And lives for ten long years
Because by then we'll have StarCraft Three

- Most of the spots where you lose your intonation are places with large jumps in notes, so it's understandable. For example, each time you have to go up and hit "I'd" in the chorus, (kind of hard to explain) instead of one exact note you shift/slide up until you think you have the correct note. This can be used for good effect (sair / care in the first verse), but can also sound bad.
- I don't exactly like whatever sound effect you used for 2nd and last verses.
- Overall, pretty good execution. It's hard to catch intonation errors by oneself.



Well, that was thorough.. thanks a lot man! really appreciate it.
Will take a closer listen at this tomorrow, for today I think I've listened to the song often enough ;p


Haha this song is pretty hard, there are alot of unusual jumps - I doubt I could sing it much better (if at all) myself.
:)
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
April 17 2010 20:32 GMT
#79
But I'll know where several are
Like those with sense of star
Cause I saved some reps,
And I keep them in a RAR.

So good!
gogogadgetflow
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2583 Posts
April 17 2010 21:20 GMT
#80
Awesome
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17022
Rain 1438
GuemChi 643
sSak 41
Bale 23
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
JimRising 527
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1136
taco 394
minikerr34
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1051
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g9287
WinterStarcraft575
C9.Mang0196
ViBE100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1149
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 28
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota232
League of Legends
• Lourlo1027
• Rush646
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Scarra728
• Shiphtur720
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 43m
INu's Battles
6h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 43m
OSC
17h 58m
Replay Cast
18h 43m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.