• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:17
CEST 06:17
KST 13:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7069 users

[Song] SC2 Fireflies - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 17:44:36
April 17 2010 17:43 GMT
#41
I think the critics mean the "distorted" parts. The original song has these parts and its nice to try to emulate it, but they just don't sound as good. It sounded great if you recorded the entire thing in the way you did the first verse.

Cool song though. I really liked the DTs on top song too by those other guys.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Seijuro
Profile Joined December 2009
52 Posts
April 17 2010 17:49 GMT
#42
well done
Hyde
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Australia14568 Posts
April 17 2010 17:49 GMT
#43
I laughed between 1:51 - 2:10, I quite liked it. But I liked the Tik Tok StarCraft song better though.
Because when you left, Brood War was all spotlights and titans. Now, with the death of the big leagues, Brood War has moved to the basements and carparks. Now, Brood War is unlicensed brawls, lost teeth, and bloody fights for fistfulls of money - SirJolt
iNty.sCream
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany195 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 17:51:40
April 17 2010 17:49 GMT
#44
awesome ^^ ! what tik tok starcraft song?

edit : found it, lol thats just godlike xD
Bisu best hairspray = win
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
April 17 2010 17:52 GMT
#45
7mk seems like a really good singer but his accent is too strong for this song. I would love to hear him sing in German though.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
rackdude
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States882 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 17:53:27
April 17 2010 17:52 GMT
#46
hey, you want to PM me with a link to the source files? I can see if I can fix it up (hopefully the quality is good enough) to sound all autotuned legit if you want (or no one else wants to). You can sound just as good as he does (obviously, he does the same thing... computers fix everything).
Sweet.
baller
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
527 Posts
April 17 2010 17:54 GMT
#47
On April 18 2010 02:52 rackdude wrote:
hey, you want to PM me with a link to the source files? I can see if I can fix it up (hopefully the quality is good enough) to sound all autotuned legit if you want (or no one else wants to). You can sound just as good as he does (obviously, he does the same thing... computers fix everything).

mp3
[url blocked]
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
April 17 2010 17:56 GMT
#48
ROFL!! this is definitely an amazing remake
very creative. props
TL+ Member
IndecisivePenguin
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States771 Posts
April 17 2010 17:57 GMT
#49
LOVE the lyrics. Fantastic job, I would love to see this professionally recorded with a music video haha.
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 18:00:06
April 17 2010 17:57 GMT
#50
It shouldn't offend you. I'm just saying someone like Nick Pitera should sing it :D!
So don't feel offended :-)! I still see the great effort behind it




Edit: Yup, thats no fake, he's singing both, male and female part to perfection.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 18:21:00
April 17 2010 18:00 GMT
#51
oh my god pure genius

edit: still, singing could be... better
Writer
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
April 17 2010 18:00 GMT
#52
I love Fireflies and didn't think the singing for an amateur was bad at ALL. Way better than the Tik Tok remix.
rackdude
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States882 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 18:04:45
April 17 2010 18:04 GMT
#53
On April 18 2010 02:54 baller wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:52 rackdude wrote:
hey, you want to PM me with a link to the source files? I can see if I can fix it up (hopefully the quality is good enough) to sound all autotuned legit if you want (or no one else wants to). You can sound just as good as he does (obviously, he does the same thing... computers fix everything).

mp3
[url blocked]


It's saying it's unavailable. And is the source an MP3, not a Wave (and one file? I was assuming you had a back track and a vocal track that were separated).
Sweet.
philippo
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden97 Posts
April 17 2010 18:05 GMT
#54
Genious, just genious!
http://sv.justin.tv/sc2philippo
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
April 17 2010 18:05 GMT
#55
On April 18 2010 02:43 Hot_Bid wrote:
I think the critics mean the "distorted" parts. The original song has these parts and its nice to try to emulate it, but they just don't sound as good. It sounded great if you recorded the entire thing in the way you did the first verse.

Cool song though. I really liked the DTs on top song too by those other guys.


well, before recording I actually thought "you're not gonna be able to make it sound the same so just do your own thing" (plus I don't really like autotune) and I figured that a Lo-Fi preamp (-> distortion) would be an interesting choice.
But I guess this difference makes it even weirder if you know the song (I didn't know this song at all until baller PMed me the video to it ^^) and maybe it's sub-optimal either way.
but yeah thanks for the input..and for the edit (or thanks jinro if you did it ^^)


On April 18 2010 03:04 rackdude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:54 baller wrote:
On April 18 2010 02:52 rackdude wrote:
hey, you want to PM me with a link to the source files? I can see if I can fix it up (hopefully the quality is good enough) to sound all autotuned legit if you want (or no one else wants to). You can sound just as good as he does (obviously, he does the same thing... computers fix everything).

mp3
[url blocked]


It's saying it's unavailable. And is the source an MP3, not a Wave (and one file? I was assuming you had a back track and a vocal track that were separated).


mom I'll pm you in a bit
beep boop
MidKnight
Profile Joined December 2008
Lithuania884 Posts
April 17 2010 18:06 GMT
#56
Pretty sweeeeet man
Storm704
Profile Joined October 2009
United States114 Posts
April 17 2010 18:10 GMT
#57
that gave me a good laugh. Awesome video.
Keype
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden455 Posts
April 17 2010 18:18 GMT
#58
voice starts to doesn't matter then the song is true and comes from Heart! SC2 ftw!
Tornado Terran Fighting!
Amazn
Profile Joined March 2010
United States83 Posts
April 17 2010 18:23 GMT
#59
That......was brilliant. You need a beta key, stat
Let fear be your compass.
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 18:26:49
April 17 2010 18:24 GMT
#60
On April 18 2010 02:39 7mk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2010 02:33 synapse wrote:
On April 18 2010 02:20 FrozenArbiter wrote:
On April 18 2010 02:04 Zhek wrote:
Good god... Can someone with actual singing talent remake this? Sorry OP, but my ears nearly bled out :/

I have no idea what you are talking about, I like his singing.

Awesome song imo =]


I like his voice, there are just 2-3 parts that are blatantly out of tune. I don't think it should be redone by someone else who is better at singing - instead, the OP should redo it himself with a little more attention to tone and all that jazz.


Could you tell me which parts you're talking about? Thx


Bold = errors, big and small
Italics = parts with great execution, intonation, etc.

You would not believe the cries - should be same tone as "be-" in "believe"
Ten million Korean guys
Lit up the world in five countdown beeps - semitone low
When Jae Dong goes* 3-hatch lair**
And Bi Su goes 1-gate sair
You'd think me rude,
But lately I just don't care - semitone low

* you want to emphasize this word just enough so that we can clearly hear the 1-note drop
** lair and beeps should be elongated, or else you have this awkward pause length until the next line

[And] I'd like to make myself believe - didn't quite hit these notes, semitone low i think
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play - semitone low
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?

Cause I'd fix a thousand bugs
Give Idra a thousand hugs
But Blizzard keeps giving noobs a chance
No more mm micro spreads,
One big control group instead, - semitone low
Did you read that angry* team liquid thread?

* you gave yourself a bit of pause time to make sure you hit the note for "angry" - great!

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(Should I make the leap?)

I heard that mutas now can't stack?
(Please take me away from here.)* - very shaky on intonation here
Lings auto surround when they attack.
(Please take me away from here.) v
Why are roaches so fucking cheap?
(Please take me away from here.) - the "from" especially
Even noobs can macro in their sleep**! -

* high notes, so its okay.
** here is a case where it's good that you end the phrase quickly, since it's the end of the verse

Ten million Korean pros
From Yo Hwan to Young Ho - good execution
I got misty eyes as they said farewell. - your tone dropped too low, probably to hit "eyes"
But I'll know where several are
Like those with sense of star
Cause I saved some reps,
And I keep them in a RAR.

-- from here on your intonation is fine

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft One dies slowly.
It's hard to say that I'd rather play
A game that's not as deep
Is StarCraft Two as easy as it seems?
(I should make the leap) - this just sounds a bit weird, not sure why.

I'd like to make myself believe
That StarCraft Two grows quickly.
I hope this game won't fade away
And lives for ten long years
Because by then we'll have StarCraft Three

- Most of the spots where you lose your intonation are places with large jumps in notes, so it's understandable. For example, each time you have to go up and hit "I'd" in the chorus, (kind of hard to explain) instead of one exact note you shift/slide up until you think you have the correct note. This can be used for good effect (sair / care in the first verse), but can also sound bad.
- I don't exactly like whatever sound effect you used for 2nd and last verses.
- Overall, pretty good execution. It's hard to catch intonation errors by oneself.
:)
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17022
Rain 1438
GuemChi 643
sSak 41
Bale 23
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
JimRising 527
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1136
taco 394
minikerr34
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1051
Mew2King78
Other Games
summit1g9287
WinterStarcraft575
C9.Mang0196
ViBE100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1149
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream63
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 28
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota232
League of Legends
• Lourlo1027
• Rush646
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Scarra728
• Shiphtur720
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 43m
INu's Battles
6h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 43m
OSC
17h 58m
Replay Cast
18h 43m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.