• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:27
CEST 18:27
KST 01:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10656 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 72

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 99 Next
OreoBoi
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada1639 Posts
April 19 2010 01:45 GMT
#1421
On April 19 2010 10:04 xLethargicax wrote:
-Warning-
I may be new here, but I still know you are all immature as shit for crying about post count.

Who cares if people self-nominate? Who the fuck doesn't want a beta key? Sorry we are not all fortunate like you who get several and just sell them on eBay. I've been opted in since day one, with 6-7 games on my battle.net account and I haven't got one.

You think post count = deserving of a key. You have no idea who the "low post counters" are, and what they have done. So how can you judge their worthiness?

Ridiculous.

but thanks for the opportunities to give people keys, even though some how I was never added to list. ;?


Think of it this way, if you haven't done anything for team liquid, why should team liquid reward you?
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 19 2010 01:46 GMT
#1422
On April 19 2010 10:45 ccou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 10:41 IntoTheWow wrote:
Why do people keep saying there's 10 keys to give out? : /


LOL, "certain number" could be 0.


true... true...
muta_micro
Profile Joined February 2010
United States183 Posts
April 19 2010 01:47 GMT
#1423
On April 19 2010 08:24 Weedman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 08:22 muta_micro wrote:
I think I deserve a beta-key because I'm new to TL and haven't contributed anything to the site yet, so it would be extremely funny to give one to me. Also I promise to log on more often regardless of whether I receive a key or not.


To bad you aren't on the list.


lol I know, I wouldn't get one anyway for the reasons I stated. I wasn't being serious.
You know when you see a planet and you see that light, that planet isn't even there thats just a light, that's just your neighbor shining a flashlight into your backyard looking for coons.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
April 19 2010 01:50 GMT
#1424
On April 19 2010 10:47 muta_micro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 08:24 Weedman wrote:
On April 19 2010 08:22 muta_micro wrote:
I think I deserve a beta-key because I'm new to TL and haven't contributed anything to the site yet, so it would be extremely funny to give one to me. Also I promise to log on more often regardless of whether I receive a key or not.


To bad you aren't on the list.


lol I know, I wouldn't get one anyway for the reasons I stated. I wasn't being serious.


the best part is the last line. "i promise to log on more often". i assume you're a progamer with tons of sc knowledge, or an amazing graphic artist, or has an incredible personality. or maybe you're literate in korean?
boomer hands
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 19 2010 01:53 GMT
#1425
It looks as if though nobody else will back out and we are really relying on the people who have not posted in this thread after confirming themselves to keep away for the last 2 hours.
sYz-Adrenaline
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1850 Posts
April 19 2010 01:54 GMT
#1426
Well i'm not sweating this.. everyone's is debating ill just follow rules and continue to opt-in at the time..and pray that hot_bid gives keys away for a lucky few.
Can you feel the rush?
Weedman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States65 Posts
April 19 2010 01:56 GMT
#1427
Yeah I'm chillin smokin a blunt not worried bout a thing. Watchin Rise
Smoke it!
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
April 19 2010 01:57 GMT
#1428
On April 19 2010 10:04 xLethargicax wrote:
-Warning-
I may be new here, but I still know you are all immature as shit for crying about post count.

Who cares if people self-nominate? Who the fuck doesn't want a beta key? Sorry we are not all fortunate like you who get several and just sell them on eBay. I've been opted in since day one, with 6-7 games on my battle.net account and I haven't got one.

You think post count = deserving of a key. You have no idea who the "low post counters" are, and what they have done. So how can you judge their worthiness?

Ridiculous.

but thanks for the opportunities to give people keys, even though some how I was never added to list. ;?


Hey :-)!

I'm not really a friend of your harsh language here, but since you keep asking why we judge about the posters worthiness, I'll try to explain it.

First of all, we don't judge. There are certain people on Teamliquid that are known for high-quality posts, amazing passion and love for details. Those people - if they don't have a key already - really are deserving a Starcraft 2 Beta key, because they contributed a ton to the community, this family we all call Teamliquid. I myself am known on Teamliquid, probably because I'm playing for mTw but also because I wrote a lot of stuff and tried to help the community, Teamliquid as much as possible. In the past I wrote live reports about OSL/MSL/Proleague games.

When the WCG 2008 Grand Finals were in Cologne, mnm and I did organize a Teamliquid meeting where all the progamers (Jaedong, Stork, Luxury + Coach) came and had a party with us. It was a great evening, because people on Teamliquid treat other people / other members of Teamliquid like friends. We try to respect each other and argue (if we argue) on a certain level. This is not 4chan or another shitty site, where every douchebag can register and just insult others. Might also be the reason I don't really find your harsh language fitting.

You might have a low post count; thats why my honest opinion is NOT that you are "NOT DESERVING" a Beta Key, but its that you are not deserving to get a Beta Key via Teamliquid. I really don't have any problem with users that have low post counts, because everyone started having 0 posts, but if you want to make yourself a name and deserve a beta you, you have to contribute to this family which is in my opinion only found once in the internet.

I'm seriously amazed by the level of hate and rage this thread brings up and I totally can't understand it.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 19 2010 01:57 GMT
#1429
I'm pessimistic about us actually getting the keys. Because anybody lay back and wait. Unless they haven't seen the new rule, we are doomed.
Stopdroproll
Profile Joined March 2010
United States101 Posts
April 19 2010 02:00 GMT
#1430
On April 19 2010 10:57 silentguy wrote:
I'm pessimistic about us actually getting the keys. Because anybody lay back and wait. Unless they haven't seen the new rule, we are doomed.


It's a beta key, chill out, if you win, then you win. If you don't, it's not the end of the world. You've been posting like every 10 mins.
But at what cost?
Neos
Profile Joined June 2009
United States400 Posts
April 19 2010 02:00 GMT
#1431
There should be a rule during the last 2 hours, at some point HB should come tell us if the people confirmed has gone over the amount of keys they have.
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-19 02:01:55
April 19 2010 02:01 GMT
#1432
On April 19 2010 11:00 Stopdroproll wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 10:57 silentguy wrote:
I'm pessimistic about us actually getting the keys. Because anybody lay back and wait. Unless they haven't seen the new rule, we are doomed.


It's a beta key, chill out, if you win, then you win. If you don't, it's not the end of the world. You've been posting like every 10 mins.


It would be nice to have a beta key, but let's face the facts. It's in a low probability state. Sure I have posted frequently here, but that's maybe because I'm a bit excited as well to see what happens.

And is it time to reconfirm??
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9830 Posts
April 19 2010 02:05 GMT
#1433
no, you still have to wait another hour to reconfirm. dude, relax. go take a walk for an hour, dont camp the thread lol.
boomer hands
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
April 19 2010 02:05 GMT
#1434
Okay I am away to sleep, but I will be back in the morning to check who reconfirmed and if you guys hit the number. Kennigit also knows they beta key number so he'll know to stop it if you guys reach it. Good luck!
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 19 2010 02:06 GMT
#1435
Okay, since the last 2 hours of this seem to be up on KST time I'm confirming that I'm staying in. But I will re-confirm at 11:00 PM at my place as well which is in 1 hour so sorry for the double recomfirm
flamewheel
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
FREEAGLELAND26782 Posts
April 19 2010 02:06 GMT
#1436
On April 19 2010 10:57 G.s)NarutO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 10:04 xLethargicax wrote:
-Warning-
I may be new here, but I still know you are all immature as shit for crying about post count.

Who cares if people self-nominate? Who the fuck doesn't want a beta key? Sorry we are not all fortunate like you who get several and just sell them on eBay. I've been opted in since day one, with 6-7 games on my battle.net account and I haven't got one.

You think post count = deserving of a key. You have no idea who the "low post counters" are, and what they have done. So how can you judge their worthiness?

Ridiculous.

but thanks for the opportunities to give people keys, even though some how I was never added to list. ;?


Hey :-)!

I'm not really a friend of your harsh language here, but since you keep asking why we judge about the posters worthiness, I'll try to explain it.

First of all, we don't judge. There are certain people on Teamliquid that are known for high-quality posts, amazing passion and love for details. Those people - if they don't have a key already - really are deserving a Starcraft 2 Beta key, because they contributed a ton to the community, this family we all call Teamliquid. I myself am known on Teamliquid, probably because I'm playing for mTw but also because I wrote a lot of stuff and tried to help the community, Teamliquid as much as possible. In the past I wrote live reports about OSL/MSL/Proleague games.

When the WCG 2008 Grand Finals were in Cologne, mnm and I did organize a Teamliquid meeting where all the progamers (Jaedong, Stork, Luxury + Coach) came and had a party with us. It was a great evening, because people on Teamliquid treat other people / other members of Teamliquid like friends. We try to respect each other and argue (if we argue) on a certain level. This is not 4chan or another shitty site, where every douchebag can register and just insult others. Might also be the reason I don't really find your harsh language fitting.

You might have a low post count; thats why my honest opinion is NOT that you are "NOT DESERVING" a Beta Key, but its that you are not deserving to get a Beta Key via Teamliquid. I really don't have any problem with users that have low post counts, because everyone started having 0 posts, but if you want to make yourself a name and deserve a beta you, you have to contribute to this family which is in my opinion only found once in the internet.

I'm seriously amazed by the level of hate and rage this thread brings up and I totally can't understand it.

Wow, I really like this post. I can't say I've heard of you (maybe only in passing?) but you're definitely a cool guy
Writerdamn, i was two days from retirement
XXXSmOke
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
United States1333 Posts
April 19 2010 02:07 GMT
#1437
Whats will all the fighting????? Cmon its a beta key gents lets opt in or opt out during the set time and see what happens. Pretty much anyone who at least has a TL account regardless of posts has at least some committment to the sc scene.
Emperor? Boxer disapproves. He's building bunkers at your mom's house even as you're reading this.
zTz
Profile Blog Joined February 2003
United States476 Posts
April 19 2010 02:10 GMT
#1438
Win or lose; I'm still watching streams and planning on getting full version in the summer (hopefully it's released then)
where's the rants n flames section?
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
April 19 2010 02:11 GMT
#1439
On April 19 2010 11:06 silentguy wrote:
Okay, since the last 2 hours of this seem to be up on KST time I'm confirming that I'm staying in. But I will re-confirm at 11:00 PM at my place as well which is in 1 hour so sorry for the double recomfirm

Same! I'll repost!
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
emikochan
Profile Joined July 2009
United Kingdom232 Posts
April 19 2010 02:14 GMT
#1440
*munches popcorn as civilisation crumbles around him*

edit: epic post NarutO, some people are really overdoing the seriousness of a beta key... game is out in a couple months
I think we're all going to "be on more often" when it's out.

Looking forward to the result however, best of luck everyone.
Probes need love too.
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 331
Codebar 73
UpATreeSC 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38652
Calm 3717
Bisu 2491
FanTaSy 1397
Shuttle 1376
Mini 530
Hyuk 404
Stork 350
actioN 290
EffOrt 284
[ Show more ]
Barracks 204
firebathero 190
Rush 185
Snow 149
Dewaltoss 110
Zeus 67
Shinee 46
Liquid`Ret 43
Sharp 34
soO 32
Sea.KH 31
Hyun 30
Bale 27
Free 24
Pusan 24
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
Shine 18
PianO 18
HiyA 18
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7837
Dendi1064
XaKoH 307
League of Legends
KnowMe47
Counter-Strike
x6flipin493
Fnx 0
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes610
Other Games
singsing2501
hiko1506
FrodaN787
Beastyqt537
mouzStarbuck281
byalli216
Livibee190
Hui .160
Liquid`VortiX158
C9.Mang0114
RotterdaM99
Trikslyr59
Mew2King51
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV413
Other Games
• Shiphtur959
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 48m
Replay Cast
6h 33m
OSC
1d 6h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 17h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.