• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:55
CEST 21:55
KST 04:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8793 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 74

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 99 Next
Prozen
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States338 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-19 03:03:36
April 19 2010 03:00 GMT
#1461
I'd like to reconfirm my self-nomination and I'd like to stay on the list. Thank you Hot_Bid.
Edit: I'll again provide the post demonstrating how much I have contributed to the Teamliquid community.
+ Show Spoiler +
I believe I should nominate myself to receive a beta key. First off, I have been a Broodwar player since release. I first played it in Korea when I was 5 years old and I still to this day play it on Iccup. For the past ten years, I have used an old Dell computer that was capable of running Broodwar. Two years ago, when Starcraft II was announced, I jumped in my seat hoping that I was able to run Broodwar on my computer. Sadly, the day Beta was released, I found that I was unable to run the beta even at LOW settings thanks to FragKrag's Thread. Much to my dismay, my computer eventually even had thermal problems to the point where I was unable to play BroodWar anymore, the only game I had bothered to play every year since its release.

Last Saturday, I bought a new computer because the thermal problems on my old computer was hindering me from completing my homework for school and as a result my friend who received a beta key through the opt-in shared his key with me and allowed me to play it. I was able to play the game on the lowest settings and though I am very thankful to my friend for allowing me to play on his key, I would very much like to play with my own key. Even though I opted-in with my new computer specifications, I still have not received a beta key from the latest wave because of my integrated graphics card.

But even though it was not my key I was playing the Beta on, I worked towards playing the game as much as I can, reaching a high level with my main race, Terran, and understanding the game more so that I can contribute to the TeamLiquid strategy forum and to people who are playing their first RTS game in their life. I have reached #1 in Platinum Division 43 and have begun streaming for TeamLiquiders to enjoy and learn. I believe in the short amount of time that I actually played beta, I have not just simply kept the information I have gained from the Beta to myself, but actually shared with others about important aspects of the game. For example, s people may know, there is a big debate over the Terran vs Protoss matchup in Starcraft II. Therefore, I worked towards understanding the matchup and presented various solutions that may work in this thread and this thread. Additionally, I have provided [image loading] [image loading] and [image loading]] that were very educational.

I am still playing the game as much as my friend will allow me to understand the game much more and contribute back to the community I love here at Teamliquid so much. For years I have been waiting for a worthy sequel to the Brood War I loved for the last 12 years and now here it is. As my clan buddies such as ZeuS, Stephen, Azz, and rushme and friends such as LuckyFool have moved on to beta earlier than me, I felt left out as I believe I deserved to test the Beta out because of my intense dedication to the game. To demonstrate how much I love Starcraft, I'd also like to state that I am writing an article about Starcraft II for my school newspaper and explaining about the competitive Starcraft community.

I honestly believe if I have a key, I will contribute so much to the community as a competitive player. If I already contributed within the first few days I've played Beta, who knows how much I will be able to contribute within the next few weeks that I may have my own key. I hope this is taken into consideration and though an argument can be made that others will definitely contribute to the community as well, I believe that my vast knowledge about the game in general as well as my skill in the game will make me stand out from these people. Thank you.
To transcend beyond greatness, you must become greatness itself.
Neos
Profile Joined June 2009
United States400 Posts
April 19 2010 03:00 GMT
#1462
Let the games begin.

I confirm my opt-in.
sYz-Adrenaline
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1850 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-19 03:02:00
April 19 2010 03:00 GMT
#1463
Opting in for the 2 hour deadline!

If i do get in i'll host a "For the Love of the Game #2" when i return from deployment in kuwait :D

edit: going to sleep now, with dreams/hopes in tact ^_^
Can you feel the rush?
mark05
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada807 Posts
April 19 2010 03:01 GMT
#1464
i re-comfirm i want a key
yes, I'm MarkOhFive
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
April 19 2010 03:02 GMT
#1465
well assuming i'm not to late to be on the list, i like to reconfirm.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Satallgeese
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States239 Posts
April 19 2010 03:02 GMT
#1466
Re-opting in. Good luck all!
A good player practices until he gets it right. A great player practices until he can't get it wrong.
Lollersauce
Profile Joined April 2010
United States357 Posts
April 19 2010 03:02 GMT
#1467
Staying in
Chaoz
Profile Joined March 2010
United States507 Posts
April 19 2010 03:02 GMT
#1468
I'm staying opted in.
ZenDeX
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Philippines2916 Posts
April 19 2010 03:02 GMT
#1469
Here's my stand:
On April 19 2010 11:41 lolaloc wrote:
BEHOLD! PHILIPPINE ESPORTS!

Sadly, no SC... yet. But all of you can change it! You can assist in my crusade to get SC2 in there! OPT-OUT and yield! I believe the betakey is a STEPPING STONE for my quest. A quest to end the plague that is DotA! You don't believe me? I am zendex. Together with Lipton we hosted the Philippine Starleague last year. But because of how divided this country is (literally), we had to hold it online and restrict it for Filipino players.

I was rewarded humbly after. I was offered a spot to be the StarCraft head of tournaments and events in Mineski - an organization for Philippine Professional Gaming. As my first assignment I was asked to host a LAN tournament last January. They were pleased. So to capitalize my momentum, I have launched what could have been the 2nd Philippine StarLeague, the Alienware MPGL. Yes, sponsored by Alienware, Hitachi, Logitech, CoolerMaster, Asus and a few others.

You see, we need a transition. A single betakey will serve as a catalyst.

What say you?


For that, I wish to remain.
Neos
Profile Joined June 2009
United States400 Posts
April 19 2010 03:03 GMT
#1470
On April 19 2010 12:02 da_head wrote:
well assuming i'm not to late to be on the list, i like to reconfirm.

You can't re-confirm if you didn't confirm anything in the first place.
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
April 19 2010 03:03 GMT
#1471
It's game time. I am continuing to opt-in. Good luck everyone
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
NarutO
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Germany18839 Posts
April 19 2010 03:03 GMT
#1472
This will end in no one getting a key I guess.
CommentatorPolt | MMA | Jjakji | BoxeR | NaDa | MVP | MKP ... truly inspiring.
Sworn
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada920 Posts
April 19 2010 03:04 GMT
#1473
In my original post I nominated myself and my friend for a beta key and I will continue to run in this contest for the both of us.
"Duty is heavy as a mountain, death is light as a feather." CJ Entus Fighting! <3 Effort
[p]Drake
Profile Joined December 2009
United States40 Posts
April 19 2010 03:04 GMT
#1474
On April 17 2010 23:47 [p]Drake wrote:
I would like to remain on the list how ever that may shine upon me.

I think the videos that I posted as the reason I could potentially receive a beta key are at least worth consideration. I have been following TL and all aspects that go along with it for a long time, but I figured self promotion was the only way around for this as I don't know a lot of people on the site personally.

Here are the videos for anyone that didn't see them on the nomination thread.





Thanks TL!


I would like to re-confirm my intentions to remain on the list of nominated people.

Just as a reminder to the powers that be that I wasn't completely self nominated. All of the following people nominated me in the nominations thread.

Post 21 by FSP.Siggy

Post 106 by t3hw0lf

Post 447 by snpnx

Post 552 by slowmanrunning

However this turns out it has been amusing to follow this weekend, and I will continue to enjoy being in the TL community.

Thanks.

--Drake
silentguy
Profile Joined April 2010
99 Posts
April 19 2010 03:04 GMT
#1475
I want to stay in the contest. Hope I'll get the beta key,...!

I was told by another member to post at KST time so I did, but I still wasn't too sure so I did it at my own tome as well. Sorry for the double re-confirmation.

Hope for the beta key!!!
sYz-Adrenaline
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States1850 Posts
April 19 2010 03:04 GMT
#1476
On April 19 2010 12:03 G.s)NarutO wrote:
This will end in no one getting a key I guess.


most likely, but a boy can hope
Can you feel the rush?
SkytoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Austria1137 Posts
April 19 2010 03:04 GMT
#1477
I am also reconfirming my opt-in.
Bisu... ;-(
Nashun
Profile Joined April 2010
United States56 Posts
April 19 2010 03:05 GMT
#1478
I think we should all step back and recognize the pure genius behind this game, rather than whether or not the participants deserve the reward. TeamLiquid is doing something amazing here, and discussing the integrity and the deserving (or lack thereof) of the participants kinda detracts from the experience. The only way this game would be amazing is if we took it face value - no hidden agenda, no intention of giving keys to the first few that dropped out. The keys that are given out here are given out at the discretion of the staff, and it's perfectly clear that they are fully willing to give keys to those that are "not deserving" by pretty much every standard discussed here.

If the staff are willing to give out keys to kinda random people in an incredibly fun and interesting game, why question that goal?
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
April 19 2010 03:06 GMT
#1479
Oh well, no one's getting a key. More keys for vets!
ModeratorGood content always wins.
OrtegaPeru
Profile Joined April 2010
79 Posts
April 19 2010 03:06 GMT
#1480
I would like to be opted-in
Prev 1 72 73 74 75 76 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 624
ProTech133
UpATreeSC 126
Nina 76
JuggernautJason51
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28860
Calm 2611
Mini 160
firebathero 117
Dewaltoss 101
soO 58
NaDa 29
HiyA 26
Bale 25
PianO 16
[ Show more ]
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6820
XaKoH 384
monkeys_forever77
canceldota28
League of Legends
Doublelift1657
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1554
fl0m1434
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu730
Other Games
FrodaN2057
Beastyqt605
B2W.Neo418
mouzStarbuck365
Livibee188
ToD157
C9.Mang0150
KnowMe142
Trikslyr123
RotterdaM108
Mew2King49
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1053
• Shiphtur739
• WagamamaTV245
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 21m
Replay Cast
3h 6m
OSC
1d 3h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 14h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.