• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:45
CEST 11:45
KST 18:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8415 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 99 Next
pred470r
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria3265 Posts
April 17 2010 14:21 GMT
#441
I know it's kinda selfish not to remove yourself from the list, but I've been trying to get a hold of a key for so long, that I'm pretty desperate right now, so I would like to remain on the list and I want to wish good luck to all the other participants in the contest :D
Angra
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2652 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:28:54
April 17 2010 14:23 GMT
#442
I haven't really read every page in this thread or the original, but I don't really get all the hate on the people self-nominating themselves. I mean yeah it's kind of shameful but, I'm sure that to a lot of people a beta key is worth a bit of shame. Hell, I'd probably have done it too if I didn't have a key by now. It's a pretty valuable and desired thing to obtain.

EDIT: Though in regards to removing yourself back off the list now, if I were in the situation I'd totally take myself back off. Not even to save face or to hope for reverse psychology, but just because I'd feel terrible if I was responsible for NOBODY getting a beta key. I'd feel a lot better if at least some people got one, rather than none.
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
April 17 2010 14:23 GMT
#443
On April 17 2010 23:19 SkytoM wrote:
but to be altruistic others have to be selfish, it just doesnt work any other way.


how about, to be altruistic others need to be needy?
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
kli6891
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States143 Posts
April 17 2010 14:24 GMT
#444
I would like to remain on the list.

I know my post count is low, but I really have stuck TL.net for quite some time, and is dedicated the proscene (staying up 3am, 4am to watch livestream; it's central time here ). I manage to check the site for some progaming material everyday.

Even though I don't have a beta bey, I still tune in to day9's dailies - an indication how much I crave SC2. I've been refreshing FB since day 1 of the key give-a-away, but due to lousy connection/whatnot, I never managed to get my hands on one.

As for contributions, I've been recently accepted as part of the TL.net subbing team, and even though I haven't shown my worth for the team yet, I promise I will in the future.


Thanks for reading.
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
April 17 2010 14:25 GMT
#445
On April 17 2010 23:20 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 23:13 TheAntZ wrote:
I dont think most people clearly understand why exactly low post users are so discriminated


Whoa what. TL heartily welcomes new members to the community (and reading Kennigit's original 50 keys post you'll see that there's a fair number of them are promising contributors). It just that when they self-nominate we get to dick on them :p


Yet you have to admit, there still are many "you're a low post user, your opinion is inherently questionable" sentiments among many forum members
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Prozen
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States338 Posts
April 17 2010 14:27 GMT
#446
On April 17 2010 23:25 TheAntZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 23:20 Pholon wrote:
On April 17 2010 23:13 TheAntZ wrote:
I dont think most people clearly understand why exactly low post users are so discriminated


Whoa what. TL heartily welcomes new members to the community (and reading Kennigit's original 50 keys post you'll see that there's a fair number of them are promising contributors). It just that when they self-nominate we get to dick on them :p


Yet you have to admit, there still are many "you're a low post user, your opinion is inherently questionable" sentiments among many forum members

I think there definitely is that kind of notion but I think that's also just a forum veteran bias in general. It's of course not just exclusive for Teamliquid. Again though, it's not reasonable and logical.
To transcend beyond greatness, you must become greatness itself.
Hypnotikdel
Profile Joined April 2009
United States333 Posts
April 17 2010 14:32 GMT
#447
Posting to stay eligable.
Alou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States3748 Posts
April 17 2010 14:37 GMT
#448
Hahaha. I doubt anyone will get a key from the self nominators this way. Give it to the people who cross their name off the list.
Life is Good.
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
April 17 2010 14:37 GMT
#449
I wish myself removed of the list.
In the woods, there lurks..
Tajja
Profile Joined March 2010
United States33 Posts
April 17 2010 14:38 GMT
#450
Why am I not on the list? I was on page 6 on the contest. Why??????????
gg
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
April 17 2010 14:38 GMT
#451
HAHA, this is such a great idea. Props x10!
Zexion
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Sweden971 Posts
April 17 2010 14:38 GMT
#452
Haha, awesome competition! My name is not on the list anyway so I'll just follow this because it's interesting :D
petzergling
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
538 Posts
April 17 2010 14:40 GMT
#453
take me off the list, was only getting one for a friend
gl tl
Mod Edit: Don't bold your entire post
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
April 17 2010 14:43 GMT
#454
take me o... NO WAY I'm doing that ;D! I'm here to stay ;P.
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
yomi
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States773 Posts
April 17 2010 14:43 GMT
#455
On April 17 2010 23:17 depthsofchaos wrote:
Haha I bet you're getting fooled now and the ones deleting their names will get the key xD


I would die of laughter
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
April 17 2010 14:44 GMT
#456
On April 17 2010 23:40 petzergling wrote:
take me off the list, was only getting one for a friend
gl tl

Mmmmm... is that cheating?
GoodCat1
Profile Joined May 2009
Israel266 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:45:40
April 17 2010 14:45 GMT
#457
staying 'till the end
ZerO FAN~!~!~!
OniX
Profile Joined July 2009
United States47 Posts
April 17 2010 14:47 GMT
#458
If we were to remove ourself from the list to nominate another person on the list, would that person be removed from here and placed in the other nominations list?
[p]Drake
Profile Joined December 2009
United States40 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-17 14:50:10
April 17 2010 14:47 GMT
#459
I would like to remain on the list how ever that may shine upon me.

I think the videos that I posted as the reason I could potentially receive a beta key are at least worth consideration. I have been following TL and all aspects that go along with it for a long time, but I figured self promotion was the only way around for this as I don't know a lot of people on the site personally.

Here are the videos for anyone that didn't see them on the nomination thread.





Thanks TL!
SkytoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Austria1137 Posts
April 17 2010 14:48 GMT
#460
On April 17 2010 23:23 Pholon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2010 23:19 SkytoM wrote:
but to be altruistic others have to be selfish, it just doesnt work any other way.


how about, to be altruistic others need to be needy?


nobody is really 'needy' for a sc2 beta key i guess. but for other examples i agree.
Bisu... ;-(
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 397
EffOrt 386
Zeus 378
Larva 286
Pusan 96
Mind 92
Jaedong 68
sorry 66
Hyun 60
ggaemo 56
[ Show more ]
Killer 51
scan(afreeca) 51
Barracks 45
Bale 44
NotJumperer 32
Sharp 31
Yoon 25
Sacsri 18
Hm[arnc] 15
Shinee 15
Noble 7
Dota 2
febbydoto99
League of Legends
JimRising 402
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1388
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Other Games
summit1g8089
ceh9649
Happy365
crisheroes212
Sick192
dupreeh71
Pyrionflax67
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick563
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast10
• LUISG 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2274
League of Legends
• Jankos1031
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 15m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.